Forums need more positivity, What's your game plan for the future? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Forums need more positivity, What's your game plan for the future?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#26 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:42 AM

Wait and see when the MVP cards on cash shop will start. Want me some Kiels.

#27 Jamesgabriel

Jamesgabriel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

I'm gonna continue playing and occasionally spend a portion of my disposable income on premium and whatever.

I'm gonna keep taking screenshots of my progress and adventures, because after aIl they're the only things I can take with me when this game finally kicks the bucket. :^)

#28 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

• bugs. example, malangdo bugged storage from the past servers. there should be more i forgot that carried over :o
  • risks. the possible item wipe due to both servers supply of different items (i need to confirm if chaos opted all servers before wiped, ive heard yes)
  • population. the population of valk server before was better than how chaos turned out after a while
  • stories. people have been posting a lot of stuff about them, unsure if they have the energy to repeat them for you but no, they are not myths lol

you guys are the ones who turn blind ears because this is "your" option for thor. people are innate selfish so i dont really mind.

• Risk of item wipe? Lol we all know WP will get burned to ashes if that happens at this point.

• RO is a dying game so it'll naturally go lower no matter what. I bet many if a merger did happen some time later people will say because of Thor our 3000population got reduced to 1900, memories get easily distorted. You guys are not the only one who had experienced mergers

• Stories? I bet my sorry ass Oda and Camp whoever was incharge have already fixed it a couple of months after migration. Stop clinging to past bugs that were already fixed. If your so adamant about it why won't you share it? Is it something no one else but you and your "source" knows about not even the admins themselves? Or is it something only up in your head?

• Most of your reasons aint even about Thor's problem, just RO's problem in it's entirety.

I know this cause I am in Thor and have been struggling to establish a much better image of my server in ways you wouldn't even understand nor would evn care cause you're not a part of it nor flashy enough to garner the attention of the "elites" cause heck am just a mere casual player who just happens to have been playing this game since I was on my mid-single digit age

#29 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:13 AM

I basically grew up tired with ragnarok xD

so i might quit or go haitus...(which one of my fellow core member was mad at me because of this xD...I said it was a joke but i'm kinda serious with it...I've been planning to quit after leveling to the max. but i basically extended it until my college days start)

and also..I might try a new MMO after i got hooked up with its mobile version...I'm playing a jailbait character but she's basically more entertaining to use than RK or Doram so i spend a lot of time with the mobile game. i even stop doing woe for that xD.

so yeah....these months i'm just giving RO its final try to convince me to stay but..idk how they can do that  xD

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

pffft I hate Lolicon-bait characters the most. It's quite heartbreaking as my friends whom I painstakingly tried to convince to play ragnarok easily started playing that game.

Wish Agit Lords push through else I'll be reading the dozens upon dozens of VN's now available through steam which will last me for 4 or so years, Im quite good at stalling from finishing one.

#31 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

For me i will not put one more $ in this game and just farm everything. Throw money at a company and receive a "door slam" in the face is a little hard. Preffer to spam money on my country server, anyway inflation here in bRO is much less than iRO.
Still i'll stay playing here 1 or 2 days a week, or less, i'll be playing other MMORPG that update more constantly and gives better support for non paying players to play, still i'll throw money at this new RPG, but they will deserve.
Any suggestion for new mmo is accepted in my inbox.

#32 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:39 AM

What harm? Did it make you quit? Did it make people quit?

The past were just collateral damage. Also, it wasn't done properly. The merge is not the root cause.

Multiculturalism is a cancer? What do call yourself then? Playing on an international server should be very obvious that you'll be in a multicultural environment.

..or do you mean something else? Being racist isn't it?

Despite of being named International RO, iRO is far from being multicultural. Have you ever learnt anything culturally new from European players or foreign players who came from a different background? Knowing words such as Yamete, Hentai, Sugoi, Taco, Burrito, etc, dont count. Just because game offers the services to most countries in the world does not simply make it a multicultural game. This is a visual society. It is far from reality.

The cancer here is very straightforward. As Camp already stated many times that Thor exists to cater players in South East Asia. If you merged it to Chaos, Thor players would start demanding things that Chaos players might not want. What Thor players may request may not necessarily be wrong but it may be things Chaos do not want. For examples, WoE time schedules. Would new schedules in a favour of which players? About what new bugs and scams? Chaos also has these problems and we do not need more of it.

Please don’t just assume this is racism which is not. I can easily take Japan as a good example. Is Japan being racist for wanting to preserve their own ways and if you want to come to visit, for example, you are expected to learn some basic Japanese to communicate rather than assume that they all can speak English to you. Learn their cultures and follow instead of trying do your things according to your cultures and so on. Note that most Japanese people are in fact very polite, welcoming and far from being racist if you show your effort to understand and assimilate to their cultures.

To put it simple, if you want to play with a Chaos, you are more than welcome to start over and assimilate in Chaos society.

#33 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

I will continue to play this game until someone discovers WHO I am.  :gg:

AND EVEN THEN.

#34 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

Have you ever learnt anything culturally new from European players or foreign players who came from a different background?

I remember before Thai players got their own RO server there was a flood of them to iRO. I learned that 555 means lol in thai. Of course you didn't say it had to be useful cultural information. :heh:

#35 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

Mod warning: Please keep the topic on-topic. Fighting about server merging is not positive!

Not mod voice: I'm curious how people feel about events and stuff right now. What kind of things would the community like to see as a "Farewell" party? As sad as it is to have to go, is there any one last thing you wish to do if you can no longer play? I would love to go out with a bang of bloody/dead branches, enough so that it takes a large portion of the server to work together to clear it!

#36 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

I think at this point a clarification is needed for the ppls who are staying. Is there a plan that other regions may be blocked like EU is right now, if so would it be possible to at least notify the players half a year ahead of time, rather than just 1 month. The way EU ppls are handled raises concerns and uncertainties for the other ppls as well, I am sure you are all aware of that.

#37 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

Mod warning: Please keep the topic on-topic. Fighting about server merging is not positive!

Not mod voice: I'm curious how people feel about events and stuff right now. What kind of things would the community like to see as a "Farewell" party? As sad as it is to have to go, is there any one last thing you wish to do if you can no longer play? I would love to go out with a bang of bloody/dead branches, enough so that it takes a large portion of the server to work together to clear it!

Something like that would be awesome, or host a new player friendly adventure where older geared players can help you do any instances you have always wanted to but never had the gear for. I think having everyone come together in a town or a area where we can take huge group screen shots and then pop bb's under everyone :gg:. ok ok im getting off topic lol.

Honestly would just be nice to have the ppl effected and having to leave be happy about RO still and not leave with a bad taste in their mouth so to speak. we grew up with this game (well i did at least) would hate to leave with a bad attitude twords the game i once loved.

#38 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

For those of you sadden by EU players please watch this video it will help you understand about letting go I guarantee it! :sob:

A butterfree must be FREE!

#39 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

When we try to cheer up our EU friends,

I still have hope my EU brothers :sob: :sob:

#40 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

I think at this point a clarification is needed for the ppls who are staying. Is there a plan that other regions may be blocked like EU is right now, if so would it be possible to at least notify the players half a year ahead of time, rather than just 1 month. The way EU ppls are handled raises concerns and uncertainties for the other ppls as well, I am sure you are all aware of that.

Unfortunately the staff may not even know until such a short notice, or they may know and be told to not tell the community or they will lose their jobs if they do. No one knows for sure what goes on in the office except the ones who work there. :p_sad:

Something like that would be awesome, or host a new player friendly adventure where older geared players can help you do any instances you have always wanted to but never had the gear for. I think having everyone come together in a town or a area where we can take huge group screen shots and then pop bb's under everyone  :gg:. ok ok im getting off topic lol.
Honestly would just be nice to have the ppl effected and having to leave be happy about RO still and not leave with a bad taste in their mouth so to speak. we grew up with this game (well i did at least) would hate to leave with a bad attitude twords the game i once loved.

I think this is what Campitor is aiming for with the hat event. Getting people together to look kawaii in the hats of their dreams for a few days to be able to take pictures with friends. Who doesn't want to be decked out in ALL THE CATS? Cats on your head? Around your neck? Swimming in cats! I want a screenshot with the server together, all of them in cat costumes!  :p_love:

#41 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

I think this is what Campitor is aiming for with the hat event. Getting people together to look kawaii in the hats of their dreams for a few days to be able to take pictures with friends. Who doesn't want to be decked out in ALL THE CATS? Cats on your head? Around your neck? Swimming in cats! I want a screenshot with the server together, all of them in cat costumes!  :p_love:

Step 1: Find a unused sprite

Step 2: Turn it into a HUGE CAT sprite and release them in the middle of the group gathering instead of BB's :rice: :rice:

Step 3: Life is complete :ok: :ok:

#42 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

love cats.. Kersmack can vouche for that... but the farewell party to EU people is a middlefinger to us, even when you throw all the cuteness of cats at everyone :-p

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 10 May 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#43 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

love cats.. Kersmack can vouche for that... but the farewell party to EU people is a middlefinger to us, even when you throw all the cuteness of cats at everyone :-p

I prefer to think of it as a celebration of time together than a good bye. Enjoy good memories together before we can't make anymore.

#44 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

Ragnarok Online is based on a comic book drawn by 이명진. The work's world view is mainly based on Nordic mythology. The author added some Korean traditions as the main scene (Payon) at the beginning.

I think the author himself loves Nordic mythology much and he has researched it for a certain degree.

In my thought, I think it is not appropriate to make RO too much local-taste (wherever country you are from). In some ways, we the players must respect the original work (just like GX's armor is taken from Loki, one of the characters in the comic book), and the author should respect the elements of north mythology in some degree.

An international server always brings cultural exchange, more or less, and that is good to break cultural habits that a specific country will have. It clears what you learned from your culture so that it could put you into a fantacy world. After all, we are playing a game which is with a specific world view, instead of a realistic-ethnic game. The more important thing than real-cultural exchange is, to focus on the work's background. Thus, in other words, even if it is an international server (which is expected to have cultural exchange), learning something from other real-life cultures is just a less important thing than this fantacy world.

Edited by GodLike0000, 10 May 2018 - 03:01 PM.

#45 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

I have removed several posts about the Terms of Service Changes. I understand that times are very stressed right not but there is no needs to make jokes about executions. If you wish to discuss the terms of service updates you may do so in the appropriate threads.

#46 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Any bosses would be vanished in few seconds at this point ...

#47 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:56 AM

People still stream EuRO https://www.twitch.tv/1c3_cr3am is streaming now. The server is down  you can support in more ways than one.  :e4:

P.S. To each their own.

BTW It's Norse Mythology.

Edited by freddym, 10 May 2018 - 11:08 AM.

#48 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

Any bosses would be vanished in few seconds at this point ...

Yeah, all we gotta do is put on our OCP gears and things are pretty much handled these days =\ So funny at Astra's events when she summons MvP's and is like "here's a tough one guys so it might take some time" and like .5 seconds later it is dead and she won't notice it's dead for a while cause we just delete MvP's

#49 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

I have removed several posts about the Terms of Service Changes. I understand that times are very stressed right not but there is no needs to make jokes about executions. If you wish to discuss the terms of service updates you may do so in the appropriate threads.

But i was So positive!

#50 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, all we gotta do is put on our OCP gears and things are pretty much handled these days =\ So funny at Astra's events when she summons MvP's and is like "here's a tough one guys so it might take some time" and like .5 seconds later it is dead and she won't notice it's dead for a while cause we just delete MvP's

.......dang th elast time we had a summoning was during Oda's. Ehat the heck space whale am jelly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users