May 17th Renewal Maintenance - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 17th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#101 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

is the server up yet?

#102 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

I think it completely killed BSG, but it was pretty much dead after PDM was introduced anyway, this was the final nail in BSG’s coffin.

BSG has 10% delay reduction, this is useful for so many classes. It's what kept the price solid after PDM was introduced.

#103 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

Plenty of people cared, they just left when there was no sign of relief.

I really wish iRO was a P2P, less OP items in cash shop, each account needs VIP, and have better managements. Now we have F2P with OP madness (and it will get worse as WP needs money). We are altogether in this damn ship now.

#104 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

Server is open.

#105 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

i honestly dont know what you guys want. WP release ocp item, you guys complain ( broken the game, over power etc..) when the item nerfted, you guys still complain. 

if you think ocp item makes the game broken, then dont use it. Theres still plenty of useable obtainable in-game gears you can use. 

You get bored because you use all those op item and kill everything in sec, and blame the game is broken. 

you dont need chainsaw to cut a potato.

#106 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

Just cut ignore def from 100% to 50% from devil hand. The problem will SOLVED

#107 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

Yeah I’d support the idea of cutting 100% def bypass to 50%, but then the box will not sell as well and WP will not allow this, they are desperate for money right now.

#108 Kirito927

Kirito927

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

i honestly dont know what you guys want. WP release ocp item, you guys complain ( broken the game, over power etc..) when the item nerfted, you guys still complain.
if you think ocp item makes the game broken, then dont use it. Theres still plenty of useable obtainable in-game gears you can use.
You get bored because you use all those op item and kill everything in sec, and blame the game is broken.

+1
The game did not force you to use the gear if you feel like it is overpower , if you can choose to gear with IN GAME gear only to challenge Instance within the party

World wont change to satisfied ppl , bcoz ppl are selfish and everyone is different , but ppl can make a choose for the way they want

#109 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

interesting, but not interesting enough

#110 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

+1
The game did not force you to use the gear if you feel like it is overpower , if you can choose to gear with IN GAME gear only to challenge Instance within the party

World wont change to satisfied ppl , bcoz ppl are selfish and everyone is different , but ppl can make a choose for the way they want

yeah that's what ive been telling them before

if you plan not to spend a dime and just use what the basic settings offers, then just shut up

nerf nerf nerf? duh? shut up

#111 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Lets start by bringing back the supposed attributes of ODA Ballon.. :) it wouldnt be hard to get it back right?

Edited by AllenR, 17 May 2018 - 05:43 PM.

#112 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

low sales on this box = imperial feather & gambler seal on next box

#113 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Conflicting information, however the idea is that it is 100% skill specific. Zayaan recommended a concept to achieve this, however according to Camp it didn't work; which is a shame because it would have been really awesome if it did :I

curious as to what concept?

also had a concept too; simply change the -X% fixed cast to a flat -1 sec fixed, which best mimics the hat's original intended effect for lion's howl and zen cast time, but of course it just got ignored lol;

does WP even know jRO-iRO cast time differences of the skills involved with the hat?

at this point in the game, even -100% fixed cast wouldn't be broken if only that effect is restricted to the class it was intended to;

「 hey guys, is mental strength killing you? is zen killing you? will gfist kill you more than it ever did before? 」

you can't even insta-gfist in pvm iRO with just -100% fixed cast, unless you also have -100% variable cast;

the hat's fixed cast time effect only applies to a sura skill in jRO, so why does WP not restrict the effect to sura class only here in iRO?

the same applies to similar items like valk drop for AB, etc;

these are so obvious and getting repetitive, but it appears WP does not, or pretends not to understand;

WP any comments? (or excuses?) because there is no logic to this besides the obvious  :ani_money: lol

Edited by ka10, 17 May 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#114 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

Why not use the sprite of "Costume Black Hand of Destiny" rather than the sprite of Dragon Claw Helm? It fits much better for its name..

#115 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

So what you're saying is In a game in which many aspects are a competition if someone uses an OP item that destroys competition the best solution is just don't use that item yourself and just gimp yourself by spending more zeny on extra supplies and inferior gears to lose to that player essentially wasting that zeny spent on supplies.

EDIT: Maybe a little late to remove this image now, but I realized it was a rather rude gesture on already pretty heated post and would like to apologize for that image.

I suppose if you're well off in game and can afford to blow zeny on supplies for challenge runs that's fine. But when a new and/or struggling player can't get a foot hold in one the many competitive fields because you can't get a hold of an item with a current market price of 1bil and climbing that was only available from a loot crate that was available for few weeks several months ago, something is terribly wrong.

Sure you don't need a chainsaw to cut a potato, but you aren't going to win a chainsaw carving competition with plastic knife.

Edited by Hakobune, 17 May 2018 - 11:12 PM.

#116 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

So what you're saying is In a game in which many aspects are a competition if someone uses an OP item that destroys competition the best solution is just don't use that item yourself and just gimp yourself by spending more zeny on extra supplies and inferior gears to lose to that player essentially wasting that zeny spent on supplies.

faa.png

I suppose if you're well off in game and can afford to blow zeny on supplies for challenge runs that's fine. But when a new and/or struggling player can't get a foot hold in one the many competitive fields because you can't get a hold of an item with a current market price of 1bil and climbing that was only available from a loot crate that was available for few weeks several months ago, something is terribly wrong.

Sure you don't need a chainsaw to cut a potato, but you aren't going to win a chainsaw carving competition with plastic knife.

i dont know about you guys, but i dont play this game to compete with anyone else just so you can compare who has the longest stick. 

And which part of the game is a competition? never have i feel the need to compete with anyone in this game, all i do is having some fun with my friends in game.

I dont mean to said not using the ocp item at all, im saying you have the option not to. For the supplies and zeny, im well off farming from monsters and gramps turn in while helping others leveling.

As for the market price, it is the players fault for keep rising the price everytime, also WP fault to keep the item too rare.

But hey seems like people here really want the server closed for good by blaming the gear make the game broken.

ps: For chainsaw carving, please use chainsaw.

Edited by 3505170703074552307, 17 May 2018 - 08:04 PM.

#117 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

faa.png

By this logic, please make WP delete all GXs and Gens because they make other classes irrelevant lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 17 May 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#118 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

Looks guaranteed, to me-

The following items have been updated to Sakray

Agriculture Clothes

Adventurer's Spirit

Verus Core

Devil's Hand

Gardener Shoes

Book of the Sun God

These items are candidates to be in this month's OCP. This does not guarantee all of them will be included this month as we are currently testing them.

#119 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

i dont know about you guys, but i dont play this game to compete with anyone else just so you can compare who has the longest stick. 

And which part of the game is a competition? never have i feel the need to compete with anyone in this game, all i do is having some fun with my friends in game.

I dont mean to said not using the ocp item at all, im saying you have the option not to. For the supplies and zeny, im well off farming from monsters and gramps turn in while helping others leveling.

As for the market price, it is the players fault for keep rising the price everytime, also WP fault to keep the item too rare.

But hey seems like people here really want the server closed for good by blaming the gear make the game broken.

What is WoE (it's dead is what it is, albeit from general WP negligence)

What is MVPing in natural spawn locations

What is killing your mobs before another party comes along and KSes you and your friends

What is PVP (also dead)

Maybe you or I don't play for competitive reasons, but for a decent amount of people that is was their primary reason to play RO. Imagine if you will you just started playing not too long ago, and you decide to try doing some non instanced MVP hunting. You make a gen, some folks on the forum told you it's one of the best classes for MVPing, level yourself up and buy some alright gear and you go and find yourself an MVP and you get to work. When suddenly from offscreen comes another gen and does you accumulative damage in one shot. You're probably thinking wow them must be be good and you ask them how he does so much damage. So you ask him how is their damage is so high and he tells you "I threw 50 bucks at the cash shop". Not "I spent time finding and/or buying gear from other MVPers, upgrading my gear, finding the right cards and adjusting my stats". They threw 50$ at the game. Now assuming as a new player you don't have a huge attachment to the game, how would you feel about playing a game that apparently seems to require you to spend real money to get to on an even playing field? Are you going to just throw money at the game not knowing that at any moment some new item can come along and make your initial investment worthless? or are you going to move on to another game that doesn't make you feel unskilled for not wanting to blow your hard earned cash on it?

That's pretty much what I said.

By this logic, please make WP delete all GXs and Gens because they make other classes irrelevant lmfao

So classes a player can opt play any time = limited supply items available only through gambling on loot boxes with real life money?

#120 carlodeth

carlodeth

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

is it just me or am i too loggy when mobbing monsters?i am on a super delay when there are mobs of many killing it. and log and slow motion.. and stop delay what is happening?i8 feel chaos on doing instance because of this..

#121 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:54 PM

So classes a player can opt play any time = limited supply items available only through gambling on loot boxes with real life money?

Yup yup

In the end, we know that to fully have advantages, players have to play OP classes and use OCPs ($$$) or/and MvP cards (Time). Players can get OCPs just by farming in-game items. People can get in-game items by spending money too. I don’t see anything wrong with this.

#122 Creusebek

Creusebek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

Where is the new headgears quest?
I might be missing something, but you said friday.
was that tr00?  :hmm:

#123 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

Yup yup

In the end, we know that to fully have advantages, players have to play OP classes and use OCPs ($$$) or/and MvP cards (Time). Players can get OCPs just by farming in-game items. People can get in-game items by spending money too. I don’t see anything wrong with this.

If you can't see whats objectively wrong with this I'm afraid explaining why it's wrong is admittedly something outside my personal expertise. However I will leave these videos here that will hopefully illustrate why this whole OCP and other pay2win things are getting out of hand.

If these don't at persuade you in the slightest I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that as I don't think either of us is going to budge on our stances.

#124 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

So you ask him how is their damage is so high and he tells you "I threw 50 bucks at the cash shop". Not "I spent time finding and/or buying gear from other MVPers, upgrading my gear, finding the right cards and adjusting my stats". They threw 50$ at the game. 

High-end MVP card solo drop is a thing.

Abusive/flattery lucky enchants is a thing

Bio5 parties is a thing.

Not everything comes from 50 bucks.
And yes, all 3 can be done with cheap/decent gears

Heck, #2 can be done as soon as you reach lvl 100.

Edited by carbinemortiser, 17 May 2018 - 11:43 PM.

#125 jehkz

jehkz

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:46 AM

Is there anyone test the Valkiery drop ingame? Was the 50% reduce fixed cast time working with the other set like using Survivor set?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users