Please Make a Rule to Handle those LS (Loot-Stealing) Greeders - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Please Make a Rule to Handle those LS (Loot-Stealing) Greeders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#76 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:43 AM

nothing more. coz any advice given to OP to tackle this issue without changing how the game works, will be repelled by OP.

#77 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:05 AM

CASE CLOSED!

#78 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:10 AM

no, the exploit first pls :bow:

#79 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

It is useless to post here, but I think those who are smart will know the fact that so many same people replied this topic.

I think this is not an objective discussion. This is a veteran bullying. A true discussion will based on more and different population base.

Same, any idea that want to change the game will be turned down by those same groups. This will be an education case for those who have same indignation in the future.

#80 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:06 AM

This is the "I don't like actually useful tips coz I'm a special snowflake": the thread am I right?

#81 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:33 AM

It is useless to post here, but I think those who are smart will know the fact that so many same people replied this topic.

I think this is not an objective discussion. This is a veteran bullying. A true discussion will based on more and different population base.

Same, any idea that want to change the game will be turned down by those same groups. This will be an education case for those who have same indignation in the future.

Okay, give it a shot at the newbie view. 

I came to a over 15+ yo game, i dont like the mechanics, i file a ticket and suggestions to change, I get replies over the community who are able to take time to respond my suggestion, but I dont like it and still want to change the game... I get upset and start to say its useless to post and im getting "bullyed".

Is this what happen here?

Is not bully, its advise from the community, and post here always help, we can complain about stuffs we dont like about the game or staff desicions to suddenly change something that was working well and then blam! nerfed. And at some point, if our perspective its good, we can get a response, feedback and in some special cases, the staff response and make proper changes to bugs and wrong things. The loot mechanic is not a bug or wrong thing, its intented, aside with the time a loot remains in the floor and the timers to lock to the killer.

I know you dont like this, but it is like this, it always was like this and it will be like this. Its a core game mechanic and many many important things rely in this loot mechanic. (MVPs dispute, important loots dispute, loot from TurnIns, Loot from Bio3/4/5 Parties, tc etc)

Hope this helps you to clarify my point.

#82 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:57 AM

Okay, give it a shot at the newbie view. 

I came to a over 15+ yo game, i dont like the mechanics, i file a ticket and suggestions to change, I get replies over the community who are able to take time to respond my suggestion, but I dont like it and still want to change the game... I get upset and start to say its useless to post and im getting "bullyed".

Is this what happen here?

Is not bully, its advise from the community, and post here always help, we can complain about stuffs we dont like about the game or staff desicions to suddenly change something that was working well and then blam! nerfed. And at some point, if our perspective its good, we can get a response, feedback and in some special cases, the staff response and make proper changes to bugs and wrong things. The loot mechanic is not a bug or wrong thing, its intented, aside with the time a loot remains in the floor and the timers to lock to the killer.

I know you dont like this, but it is like this, it always was like this and it will be like this. Its a core game mechanic and many many important things rely in this loot mechanic. (MVPs dispute, important loots dispute, loot from TurnIns, Loot from Bio3/4/5 Parties, tc etc)

Hope this helps you to clarify my point.

I wish I have the patience like you. :p_hi:

#83 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

*Reading all rage comments*

Me: Hahaha poor noobs fighting among themselves over a petty thing rolf

OP, if you don’t have HBP, I will give you one for free. My storages are maxed and I am planning to clear some trash items. This will solve the problem, correct?

Edited by ChakriGuard, 08 June 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#84 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

OP, if you don’t have HBP, I will give you one for free. My storages are maxed and I am planning to clear some trash items. This will solve the problem, correct?

After giving hbp OP, he will complain about switching garments. This is a never ending popcorn!

#85 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

chakri gimme some items 

#86 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

Rule for loot? Simple there is none. After the time out it's free game. They should be like any other game, everyone that attacks the target gets a drop chance. However, the devs didn't use hindsight and change the game works. People would just abuse it for the strong gear. Gear should be in chests in instances and people roll on them, person with the highest number wins it. If it's for your class you get double roll. Gear is then account bounded.

Then an option to recycle the gear into something that's useful. Due to having multiple of the same thing is pointless.

#87 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

May I have 1? :rice:

#88 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

May I have 1? :rice:

But you're an old player rolf

#89 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

I think there's a simple misconception here... Firstly, the thread should be in "Proposals & Suggestions" I am drawn to the thought that the OP is apoplectic with rage at the discourteous players in which the staff can't do anything about since it is more on a personal dissimilarity. As a humble solution for it, they have given slayers 10 sec to loot everything they want but obviously, not all players can grab greed like what others do. There are also situations where other players can bypass the 10 sec mark. I think the staff can take a look about it and should atleast try the game once a week to see what's occurring in-game. If they secure the 10 sec bypass, they can extend it to atleast 5mins thinking there are situations where players can't loot their items. It is also good for wingers since there are instances where a card dropped and accidentally winged again. They can go back to the place where they whacked the monster. Anyway, I think it will take long for them to recode it.

Edited by Ecologist, 08 June 2018 - 04:35 PM.

#90 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

I'm probably the only one who thinks the OP has legit concerns...the 10 sec. priority does nearly nothing when you (1) don't have HBP (2) have agro mobs to handle (3) have tones of loot to get by before you get to the one you wanted. 15 sec. would be better IMO. (my first character is a would-be ranger, and most my loots are several blocks away from me to start lol)

For older users it might be easy to tell someone to just use HBP. But god, that item is like 450m right now without refine. A new player would barely have such resource. For myself it took quite a long while to get the first +9 HBP, as it's hard to make zeny when you're at a low level (most zeny came from the guild's instance runs...used to have a guild that does ET, OGH, and other instances together). Also for smooth play, some might first need to invest in damage gears instead of HBP, most always costing a substantial amount of zeny.

Yes, when at a higher level and able to farm instances, you could make several million z in a few hours, but that's not likely for new players who need to loot to gain a footage in game. It'd be better if older players would allow them to express this frustration, instead of telling them to just use HBP, use client edits (seriously? isn't that illegal?), etc.

That said, since WP isn't able to prolong the 10 sec priority time, best the community can do is advertise the idea to don't loot people when they complained. Too many i've seen are too busy grinding to even think of looting, so it's hard to tell if someone is interested in their loot or not. So in the case when a player took the trouble to explicitly stating so, maybe looting their stuff should be consider harassment. Not sure if this will change anything in practice though...

#91 AceBanner

AceBanner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

I'm probably the only one who thinks the OP has legit concerns...the 10 sec. priority does nearly nothing when you (1) don't have HBP (2) have agro mobs to handle (3) have tones of loot to get by before you get to the one you wanted. 15 sec. would be better IMO. (my first character is a would-be ranger, and most my loots are several blocks away from me to start lol)

For older users it might be easy to tell someone to just use HBP. But god, that item is like 450m right now without refine. A new player would barely have such resource. For myself it took quite a long while to get the first +9 HBP, as it's hard to make zeny when you're at a low level (most zeny came from the guild's instance runs...used to have a guild that does ET, OGH, and other instances together). Also for smooth play, some might first need to invest in damage gears instead of HBP, most always costing a substantial amount of zeny.

Yes, when at a higher level and able to farm instances, you could make several million z in a few hours, but that's not likely for new players who need to loot to gain a footage in game. It'd be better if older players would allow them to express this frustration, instead of telling them to just use HBP, use client edits (seriously? isn't that illegal?), etc.

That said, since WP isn't able to prolong the 10 sec priority time, best the community can do is advertise the idea to don't loot people when they complained. Too many i've seen are too busy grinding to even think of looting, so it's hard to tell if someone is interested in their loot or not. So in the case when a player took the trouble to explicitly stating so, maybe looting their stuff should be consider harassment. Not sure if this will change anything in practice though...

Ask yourself this question: "Does inflation hits me so I have the right to complain?"

When I first came back to the game after 6 years of absence, everything seems "expensive" to me. I had to start all over again, fresh. I was from classic if you are curious. And NO, I cannot recover back the items I had from that server. Which would cost really a lot if I were to sell them now.

I was back to ground 0 and I started just like how every newbie here had to. The truth is, at that time when I knew about the cost of a +0 HBP, I was also struggling to make enough zeny to get 1 for myself. Eventually, I did it. It was around 150-200M in April 2017. Regardless HBP or whatever the items was, everything will always deemed as "EXPENSIVE" as long as you do not have the necessary zeny.

After 1 year 2 mths playing W/O VIP, BMX, WPE, CASH SHOP & spending real cash in-game, I have RK gears net worth at least 6B & 7B assets in my inventory right now.

Why am I sharing this? To show off?

No. The answer is simple.Under any circumstances, there will always be struggles & frustrations. Be it good or bad times. Regardless of the economy, if you failed to look into different alternatives to a solution, you will always be stuck at the same spot. Because the problem start with, complains w/o even thinking hard on a solution based on what has been given.

I have send several tickets to WP before & there are some issues I could not understand their part of investigations & solutions to my problems. Regardless of whether I could understand them or not, I still do my best based on what the situation has given to me. Because a decision has been made by them and thus, I have to respect them regardless I agree or disagree with them.

This is how we will grow. If it isn't advantageous to us, find other ways & solve our own problems.

I am also not saying that we players (regardless veterans or newbies) should be taken advantage. We try our best to help those who are new too. However, veterans should and best only to give advise and not blindly give help such as zenies or items. I learned my mistake too. You give them too much they will disappear into thin air. In other words, they will not appreciate as they take it for granted.

Advise them the hard way & they will grow in this game. Just like how most here understood the loots' mechanic, regardless the 10 seconds is enough or not. This way they will grow their loyalty & respect towards the game better.

That said, I have been abused many times before in-game with my loots taken by other players. No matter I get my items back or not, I do my part (report/send ticket to WP), forgive them & MOVE ON.

Of course, you mentioned about community awareness about looting issues so that we can minimized the victims in-game. For that is a good point & I agree.  :no1: 

But honestly let's admit, even if there were changes to the loots mechanic in future, there will be another complainer & this will go on & on, again & again.

Cheers & enjoy this video below  :p_smile: 

#92 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

Someone just beat DarkOrinus here!!!

#93 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:26 AM

I just read someone has been abused.

Is it a domestic or erotic or 50 shades of grey kind of abuse?

#94 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

I just read someone has been abused.

Is it a domestic or erotic or 50 shades of grey kind of abuse?

that is slightly kinky...

#95 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:58 AM

i think good if increase time for ppl cant loots the item...specially in bio5 sometime need tank alot mob..take time to kill before u loots item...n at thats time sometime posible loots by other person

#96 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

I am also not saying that we players (regardless veterans or newbies) should be taken advantage. We try our best to help those who are new too. However, veterans should and best only to give advise and not blindly give help such as zenies or items. I learned my mistake too. You give them too much they will disappear into thin air. In other words, they will not appreciate as they take it for granted.

Advise them the hard way & they will grow in this game. Just like how most here understood the loots' mechanic, regardless the 10 seconds is enough or not. This way they will grow their loyalty & respect towards the game better.

That said, I have been abused many times before in-game with my loots taken by other players. No matter I get my items back or not, I do my part (report/send ticket to WP), forgive them & MOVE ON.

Of course, you mentioned about community awareness about looting issues so that we can minimized the victims in-game. For that is a good point & I agree.  :no1: 

But honestly let's admit, even if there were changes to the loots mechanic in future, there will be another complainer & this will go on & on, again & again.

I agree with what you say (although I don't really know about the part of inflation, as prices fluctuate a lot...valk shield used to be 100+m :P)

I don't believe in giving freebies too, as I also come from the path of slowly accumulating wealth to buy stuff, and the experience through the process is quite worthwhile. For some really new players I tried guiding them through the eden equipment quests, as those are extremely helpful at low levels. Personally, I benefit a lot from forum suggestions too, so I have respect to people who post here.

Yes, I know people are always gonna whine, as there's been plenty of those (even from veteran players too lol). But the reason I replied is because it seems like a legit concern: 10 sec. is indeed a bit short considering the current mechanics of the game. I started the game before Juno's even on the map (although on a different server, and was absent from the game for quite a while before joining IRO in 2014). And that was a time when we don't have massive 3rd class AoE and OP gears that produces in 1 second loots you need 20+ seconds to pick up (without Greed). Initially, 10 seconds seems excessively plenty, but as the game progressed, the decade old mechanism seems to become less and less suitable...

So, instead of talking about how OP whines, just thought it'd be better to reflect about what we are able to do right now, and perhaps making suggestions to WP or Gravity in the future, if people really think the loot priority time should be extended :)

Thanks for your nice response too!  :no1:

Edited by Kiwimaster, 10 June 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#97 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

Is of no concern. Why would you farm if you can't handle looting? It is true that looting makes the life hard as a rock. It is also a rule of thumb that if you want to get most of the loot buy an hbp. If you can't afford then try a smith class. If you don't like to be a smith then earn a zeny to be able to buy a hbp. You can't earn zeny because you can't loot properly? Buy WPE sell it and you get zenys. You don't want to sell WPE to earn zeny? Don't play the game, buy it.

#98 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

me right now.. 339jdw8.jpg

#99 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll