[Community Event] International Pride Loading Screen Contest - Page 2 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Event] International Pride Loading Screen Contest

32 replies to this topic

#26 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

Feels bad for screenshot editors.

Also, it is a crime that Apunta was not a grand prize winner.

#27 icti

icti

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

This is a comment from the previous contest that someone did, and may explain it, i guess, anyway congratz to the winners i liked some of they works.

"more than likely, is a popularity contest, the staff vote their favourite and the most voted win

cause is not an art forum or a professional contest 

its all a matter of taste so there will be more than 1 controversial winner always."

Edited by icti, 04 September 2018 - 10:43 PM.

#28 EthrealQueen

EthrealQueen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHere and there

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Prizes have already been sent out. Please check your temporary storage!

Our Grand Prize winners are: 

AnnabelleShia
MiuGuMi
EmpressWu
KarenSkyes
Dazyelle

Thank u, Idun <3!

Fluke, a digital drawing or an edition of screenshot, both are considered "digital works" made with some kind of editor, obviously. There are different types of art within the graphic world (you should investigate a little more about it :D), I consider that either a drawing or an edited screenshot (as it was in my case), all deserve consideration because they take time and effort. Something that surely you will understand when in a next contest upload, if you know of graphic edition, your drawing/edition.

Edited by EthrealQueen, 04 September 2018 - 03:24 PM.

#29 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

Feels bad for screenshot editors.

Also, it is a crime that Apunta was not a grand prize winner.

We always have at least one screenshot editor that wins grand prizes in these events. They are typically edited screenshots that are particularly thoughtful and show a lot of effort or are accompanied by a great story. I raised the limit from 3 winners to 5 because so many of the submissions were so well done! I wish everyone could receive a grand prize, but then it wouldn't be a grand prize!

I won't comment on individual works that did or did not win, but voting is done by the staff (RO2 and staff members from other titles) without character names attached. The staff members get to see the images and read the, and often the story (additional info or comments on the work by the submitter) is the real "selling point" for the submission. My advice for future submissions, regardless of your art skills, a thoughtfully edited screenshot with a great story will likely do quite well!

#30 Gugy

Gugy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

?XD

#31 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

This is a comment from the last previous contest someone did, and may explain it, i guess, anyway congratz to the winners i liked some of they works.

"more than likely, is a popularity contest, the staff vote their favourite and the most voted win

cause is not an art forum or a professional contest 

its all a matter of taste so there will be more than 1 controversial winner always."

You deserved to be among the winners your artwork was fantastic and anyone with eyes could see that.

Thank u, Idun <3!

Fluke, a digital drawing or an edition of screenshot, both are considered "digital works" made with some kind of editor, obviously. There are different types of art within the graphic world (you should investigate a little more about it :D), I consider that either a drawing or an edited screenshot (as it was in my case), all deserve consideration because they take time and effort. Something that surely you will understand when in a next contest upload, if you know of graphic edition, your drawing/edition.

I'm well aware of different types of art being an artist myself.  I also don't consider your submission as an edited screenshot since it contained only a character from the game in it.  I would consider yours to be more along the lines of original artwork.  Thanks for the smug response though.

We always have at least one screenshot editor that wins grand prizes in these events. They are typically edited screenshots that are particularly thoughtful and show a lot of effort or are accompanied by a great story. I raised the limit from 3 winners to 5 because so many of the submissions were so well done! I wish everyone could receive a grand prize, but then it wouldn't be a grand prize!

I won't comment on individual works that did or did not win, but voting is done by the staff (RO2 and staff members from other titles) without character names attached. The staff members get to see the images and read the, and often the story (additional info or comments on the work by the submitter) is the real "selling point" for the submission. My advice for future submissions, regardless of your art skills, a thoughtfully edited screenshot with a great story will likely do quite well!

I didn't realize a story was necessary as part of the event as it wasn't mentioned in the participation and entry rules.  Also as I mentioned, there was no screenshot editor included in the winners this time.

#32 643171015045203227

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:43 PM

Thank you so much for the grand prize!

#33 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

ill love to see some extra prize or more winners since it doesnt says anything about writing anything beside your artwork in the rules unlike past events

i totally understand how you pick the winners but kinda feel bad for those who dont win even writing stuff about their country and traditions when some people win with 0 extra text or history, and people not writing anything cause it was their first time uploading their artwork.

would love that as an incentive for these players  to keep participating in this kind of contest

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users