Evaluation of Battle Surcoat: RTB sucks - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Evaluation of Battle Surcoat: RTB sucks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#126 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

the reason is very simple lol. Your crit dmg % is basically nonexistent so RTB did not lose you dmg when it procs, whether there is a delay or not.

#127 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

Also, feelings aren't super reliable when assessing gear, especially gear that procs offensive skills: To avoid tricking yourself, you really have to run the numbers or do a controlled test on Academy eggs or some such.  You will get lucky sequences while using Battle Surcoat where crits and DA predominate, and you'll feel like a beast.  The seemingly marginal delays and lost crit damage that occur when RTB triggers will probably weigh a lot less heavily in your mind.  But those losses will add up.  

#128 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:03 AM

This thread is starting to make an impact on the market for battle surcoat now, the ppls who own battle surcoat and attempt to hype it up for profits have found themselves in a tough situation in which their items aint selling as good as expected.

#129 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Yep, noticed that myself - earlier today there was someone trying to unload 4 of these things at once for a billion each. :p_sad:  Other people are catching the drift and exploring the 800Mz zone.  We certainly haven't hit the low water mark yet...

If anyone wants to engage in a little speculation, they can try buying Snake Head Hat, which is trading around 600Mz now, down from nearly a billion several weeks ago.  Its price has been depressed by Battle Surcoat, but should rise quickly once people realize said Surcoat is stuffed with empty promises.  Snake Head Hat isn't glamorous, but it offers characters without double attack a straight up no bull-_- 25% DPS increase over an empty slot via Double Attack Lv5*, and therefore probably beats anything for most auto-attackers who aren't already using DA natively except BioLab headgear and the most extreme upgrades on a Drooping Eddga (the latter of which will be way, way more expensive than Snake Head Hat...). 

Anyone looking to buy a Drooping Eddga may also enjoy a little price drop as some crit characters unload their lower upgrade level Drooping Eddgas that were paired with Battle Surcoat and go to SHH/whatever.  But White Drooping Eddga is useful enough on its own merits, and not just to auto attackers, that I don't foresee a huge impact.

Oh, and FAW is going to probably experience a little price bump (minor annoyance for me since I need to buy one...).

*And if you know Double Attack 10, it will use that!

Edited by INREM, 02 August 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#130 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

Why not change the minimum level requirement to level 1 (instead of 70)?

This da/rtb will help new players a lot

#131 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

Now this is a nice proposal. Lol I doubt they will change though.

#132 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

No they won't change it.

#133 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

This is what i have in mind too lol, would be great for leveling a new char

#134 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

No they won't change it.

Now this is a nice proposal. Lol I doubt they will change though.

This is what i have in mind too lol, would be great for leveling a new char

highly unlikely,

but at least we try

who knows campitor notice this

#135 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:58 AM

No need to do that. It is working as intended. No need to add, no need to take.

#136 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:32 AM

They won't change it, they officially stated how they were approaching OCPs. To work exactly as the jRO description states it should work, this is why iro customs good or bad are being slowly phased out.

As for the evaluation for the Battle Surcoat. The evaluation was that it sucked, it sucked when testing in Sakray, and all this time doesn't change how much it still sucks today. It could be great for fun little random ass builds, but is it a step up on DPS for what people want it to be for? No. Why? RTB sucks. Is this gonna change? No, see above.

#137 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:18 AM

Admittedly, if it falls low enough, I might actually get one for my alchemist vend slave.  I vaguely remember some idea that he was going to make potions or something, but evidently my only real goal is to load him up with as many procs as possible.  Halfway tempted to rename him "Dr. Proc".  The prescription for pain.  Spell effects on speed dial.  Can you dig it?

Edit: Holy... I have to say, iRO's market can be pretty damned efficient.  Snake Head Hat is already up to nearly a billion again; Battle Surcoat is down to 700Mz and falling fast.

Edited by INREM, 03 August 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#138 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:59 AM

They won't change it, they officially stated how they were approaching OCPs. To work exactly as the jRO description states it should work, this is why iro customs good or bad are being slowly phased out.

As for the evaluation for the Battle Surcoat. The evaluation was that it sucked, it sucked when testing in Sakray, and all this time doesn't change how much it still sucks today. It could be great for fun little random ass builds, but is it a step up on DPS for what people want it to be for? No. Why? RTB sucks. Is this gonna change? No, see above.

Thanks, I hope now people understand.

#139 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:15 AM

Can we amend the thread title to "Evaluation of Battle Surcoat: It Sucks"?  Closure...

Ironically, after 6 pages and over 130 posts of analysis, it turns out the OP is probably too generous if anything.

#140 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

Can we amend the thread title to "Evaluation of Battle Surcoat: It Sucks"?  Closure...

Ironically, after 6 pages and over 130 posts of analysis, it turns out the OP is probably too generous if anything.

I feel bad for whoever goes through 6 pages to see what the discussion was all about.

#141 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

wish granted lol

#142 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

wish granted lol

This was so fast, wp please follow his examples.

#143 INREM

INREM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:49 AM

Someone just vended a +9 for 160Mz... ouch.

Yes, this thread has been devastating for Battle Surcoat.  But has also been a wonderful validation of basic arithmetic.  Now, when your child asks you, "MOM, WHY DO I HAVE TO STUDY MATH?"  You can say, "because no child of mine is going to get ripped off on a janky piece of OCP gear!"  And then when he says, "MOM, I'M NOT A MEMBER OF CLAN [OCP] IN FORTNITE!" you can ground him for a week with nothing but Ragnarok to play and force him to read this thread.  That'll teach him.

#144 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

I hope they follow suggestion of Nirvanna for the Surcoat. Really, its really getting annoying for RTB.. it sucks out dps.

#145 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

I hope they follow suggestion of Nirvanna for the Surcoat. Really, its really getting annoying for RTB.. it sucks out dps.

I don't recall giving my support to making iro customisations for OCP a thing again, so no idea what you are talking about :I

#146 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:41 PM

I don't recall giving my support to making iro customisations for OCP a thing again, so no idea what you are talking about :I

I'm tryina understand this too, lol.

#147 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

Nirvanna’s suggestion is to leave it as it is. So, yes bruh, i support that too.

#148 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:08 PM

Yeah just leave it as it is, kidding aside, i think it was bearl haha my bad..

Edited by angelopaol1011, 03 August 2018 - 10:09 PM.

#149 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:02 AM

Nirvanna’s suggestion is to leave it as it is. So, yes bruh, i support that too.

"0 box 0 regrets" - president furyukikun 2018.

#150 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

still dont get why they compolain to disable or do something with RTB (get the point, but its like "pls disable the need of a wall in cloaking Lv1-2, it nerfs the skill"). as I stated before, and Ash and nirvanna, and many others, work as intented, no need to iro-customize this, if we want OCP gears come as is, this is like that.

Edited by S207, 04 August 2018 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users