Clarification on changes in the game over the years - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Clarification on changes in the game over the years

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

I left Rose for several years and when I came back everything was different.

I think I'm up to speed with most things but there a couple of things I'm still not sure about

1. Shields used to be able to use the original gems (Sapphire, Ruby etc). Now they can't, at least that's what I'm told when I try to insert a gem into a shield?

2. Only the gems in the valor shop on orlo can be used in shields? (Which seem to be limited to HP and MP recovery only)?

3. Do runes and gems that go on weapons and body parts wipe/overwrite the base or substats?

4. Is there anywhere I can get some of the more exotic chems/drops apart from the dungeons which I can't go to?

5. I have a level 239 character which has many chewed bones. When I attempt to use them I'm told I can't until I gain access to Orlo... Like, what? I can only get them from Orlo so I obviously have access. What am I missing?

Thank you.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

I left Rose for several years and when I came back everything was different.

I think I'm up to speed with most things but there a couple of things I'm still not sure about

1. Shields used to be able to use the original gems (Sapphire, Ruby etc). Now they can't, at least that's what I'm told when I try to insert a gem into a shield?

2. Only the gems in the valor shop on orlo can be used in shields? (Which seem to be limited to HP and MP recovery only)?

3. Do runes and gems that go on weapons and body parts wipe/overwrite the base or substats?

4. Is there anywhere I can get some of the more exotic chems/drops apart from the dungeons which I can't go to?

5. I have a level 239 character which has many chewed bones. When I attempt to use them I'm told I can't until I gain access to Orlo... Like, what? I can only get them from Orlo so I obviously have access. What am I missing?

Thank you.

1. Hasn't been possible since iRose. Which was in 2005. 

2. Correct, though the valor shield gems aren't worth it, there are 4 types of boss dropped gems which can be slotted into the shield. Block Rate, Damage Reduction, Physical offhand defense, Magical offhand defense.

3.Yes.

4. All chemicals drop in every dungeon, I'm not sure which exotic drops you are referring to.

5.  Someone else can probably clarify this one as there is a way, but I don't know how.

#3 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

Hi and welcome back!  I'll try to answer your questions

1- The old gems (ruby, topaz etc) can only be put into accessories, weapons and the body part of armor.

2- Besides the valor gems, there are also gems that drop from monsters.

3- A rune (or gem or substat) will not overwrite a base stat on an item but you can only have one per item.  Here is a list of every gem in the game and which slots they can be put in

4- Chems drop on all maps but the best place to farm for chems is a dungeon like COU

5- To redeem the chewed bones, you must have both the fate passive and the Vizier's Key passive skills and be at least lvl 200 (which you are)

We have a community ROSE Discord chat. It's a good place to meet other players and get info. This is the topic with the link to the chat.  You can join with a web browser or download the app. My name there is HB#4216.  Send me a friend request. 

Looking forward to meeting you!

Edited by HoneyBunz, 20 July 2018 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the replies.

For 1. I'm trying to increase my con for my Artisan. I have the crafting hammer, but I have a free hand and looking to put an S7 somewhere.

For 3. The base stat is not overwritten, so I assume the substats are?

For 4. I was referring to Hermes, [Low] Enthiric, Hime, Exalted armors, Alloys, stones, etc.

For 5. Ok, I'll track those down. Thanks

Dungeons, Game Arena and PVP areas are not for me. I play solo, never part of a team. I am not a good team player :(

So I guess my only access to any of the above is via shops?

Edited by Yanta0205, 21 July 2018 - 01:10 AM.

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

Here is a list of the highest base con items.  You can add an S7 (S8, 9 or 10) on accessories, the hammer and the body. You will need a max con substat on the other items. Being in a clan with the con clan passive skill maxed will add +10 con too.

Mask Gold ROSE Captain Eyepatch 45 con
Head  Royal Crown 30 con
Back  Beta Mach Wings 20 con
Body Exalted Sharp Assailant gear (lvl 220) 26 con
Offhand  Gilded Dragonfly Fan 12 con
Gloves  New Bourgeois Gloves 16 con
Shoes Legendary Mercenary Boots 20 con
Accessories Vagabond Set 35 con per piece

Nothing will change the base (bold blue) stats of an item, but adding a gem or rune or a substat will remove any current sub on the item

Exalted armor and reinforcement alloys and powder are drops or dungeon rewards only. Higher quality chems can drop anywhere, but definitely drop more consistently in the dungeons. If you don't have a toon that you are comfortable doing dungeons with, then buying the chems from other players is your only option.

This is a little guide to moving substats and here is some information on the new reinforcement system

You need to fight ancient scarabs on the Golden Ring map on Orlo until you get something called Pharaoh's Key. It will go into your consumable tab automatically. When you click on that item it will prompt you to speak to the queen in Muris and she will take it and give you the Vizier's Key passive skill. But she won't even talk to you about that until you have the Fate passive skill. You need 5 ancient tablets to begin that and when you talk to Jones in Junon Polis with the tablets in your inventory, he will give you the 5 fate quests. Those quests just involve talking to a bunch of different npc's. Since your toon is already over level 200, you may already have the passive.  Check the unique skill tab and see if you have a Hebarn or Arua passive. If not, I can give you the ancient tablets you need to do those fate quests.

Hope this helps a bit

Edited by HoneyBunz, 21 July 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#6 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the help.

An example. In mid January I got a Low Enthiric drop. Today I got another one. Just over 7 months. At about 200 kills per hour, at 2 hours per day, over 200 days, that puts the Low Enthiric at a drop rate of about 1:80000. If course, I'm generalizing because I haven't factored levels into the equation. But you the point. I've also never seen any of them for sale at a shop.

I have all the tablets for the fate quests. You told me about them when I was stuck on the Royals Of Oblivion quest some months ago.

The only things on my unique tab are skill books that I purchased (Eg face item craft).

At level 239, I've obviously been through the Golden Ring. Perhaps the problem is that I've been passively leveling? I use my champ to kill, the Artisan just hangs around. That's because I never leveled the offensive skills in favor of leveling my crafting skills.I'll go back and give it a try

My con is maxed at 965 with hammer and + 30 from skills. My best percentage at crafting is generally 81.2%, which is why I want to get it higher.

I've always keeps my armors a matched set because of the +5 con... Never thought of mixing it up.

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

You can try using a rare drop medal if you are fighting on regular maps and also something to increase the quantity of drops in general. There is a quantity gem you can put into the shoe slot that increases the max quantity of drops by +3.  In dungeons those chems are uncommon tier which is why a lot of people farm for them that way.

As for the Pharaoh's Key, you should be able to get it just by being in a party when you are fighting the golden scarabs.  Just be sure you have space in all three inventory tabs even tho the drop will go into consumables. For some reason the game is funny like that

My artisan is lvl 250.  With her con gear equipped as listed above (except the accessories... I have the Luxury Diamond set from the honor shop) , her total con is 1355. I've got five S8's and max con subs on the other pieces and I can still fail when reinforcing level 200 gear. Since it's 50 levels lower, you would think it would be 100% success chance but nope :P

If you are looking for the chems to craft gems, I want to mention that even with full S10's, the success chance is only something like 70%.  One of my clannies has a full st of S10's and his success % is about 1% better than mine.  You won't see many people selling the chems but plenty of them buying chems. I think the people who want to sell their chems just check buy lists for the best price.

Edited by HoneyBunz, 23 July 2018 - 09:44 AM.

#8 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

If you want to farm chemicals just enter cave of ulverick on your champ. Use a max drop quantity gem on the foot slot and uncommon drop gem in the arm slot. (Maybe the common gem in the head will help to but I'm unsure.)

#9 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:21 AM

You can try using a rare drop medal if you are fighting on regular maps

Lol... I couldn't help but have a giggle when you said that.... On April 16th I reported a problem with medals (It think it was called Medals not working since last Friday)...

They still don't work. All the medals do for me is kill all drops except the occasional Zulie and may be a trash drop here or there. That applied to all medals in the Farmers package (rare, uncommon, abundance, etc etc) for monsters from green to purple.

I mean this with all respect and good will....

What I've done with my con is to get Con 20/25 substats from various items and use the enchantment scrolls.. So if I use the gems on my body, I could lose as much as 80 con. I'll have to work out with the list you gave me above, and with my base and sub con how it adds up.

Sounds like gems are a waste of time then. I remember when I played a couple fo years ago it was really easy to craft level 7 gems (Maybe that was Another Rose... Don't remember).

Well, with being in a party all of my characters should have the pharaoh's key by now then. The cleric, artisan and champ leveled together since we started. Always in a party. It is possible my materials tab was full back then when drops were working for me prior to 16th April.

#10 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:21 AM

Hands down the best place to farm high quality chems and lisents is in dungeons. CoU is pretty easy to clear especially with a champ. You can have up to three toons with the same ip in the same instance- just group your toons before you que. The instance will start with 3.  HOO is also decent for farming. There is a good chance that you will end up with some random ppl joining (especially CoU) but with 3 you have the majority if the randoms vote to kick you. Far as I know, there is no time limit on finishing a dungeon or even finishing it at all.  I have an extra pair of gloves and shoes just for when I am farming with the uncommon gem in the gloves and the max quantity gem in the shoes. Pop a sigil of wealth for more drops overall if you want and you should get plenty of chems along with some small orbs and the first 2 reinforcement alloys. Those chems are uncommon tier in dungeons if you want to try a farming medal.

Did you get the Pharaoh’s Key drop on any of your toons or just not on the artisan? I maxed 3 more toons over this past weekend and got the quest drop on them. If you don’t feel the party share option is working for you, maybe try killing the golden scarabs with your artisan.  You can get the first hit with the arti then switch to the champ to finish killing. And not to be redundant, but make sure you have space in all of your inventories. Pretty sure you just won’t get it if you are full; it doesn’t drop on the ground like a boss dungeon drop.

Regarding con- if you still have substats with 20 con, you should definitely replace them with the current max sub which is 25 con. Honestly I am not sure what the highest possible con is now. I know I would have higher con if I switched to the Vagabond set but it’s too pricey for me and I don’t think it will make enough of a difference to warrant that expense.

You didn’t mention which armor set you are using but if it’s the Exalted Sharp Assailant set, the total con with all +25 con subs and including the set bonus is 152 con. The hat, gloves, body and shoes as I listed above with all +25 con subs has 192 con, The hard part tho, will be finding a pair of Legendary Mercenary Boots. I can’t remember the last time I saw any in a shop.

#11 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Currently I have Grand Mercenary set (200)

Goggles Con 20 / Def 75

Vest Con 25 / Acc 100

Boots Con 15 / Def 50

Gloves Con 15 / Dodge 50

Because I get few drops without medals and none with medals I've not come across anything with con 25.

People sell max stats scrolls for absurd prices (Seriously, this game needs some price controls!). 800b for a scroll is just plain silly.

I haven't got the exalted set yet - can't find all 4 parts.

The only character to get the key was the Champ. But this is the only one that did the fate and Royals of Oblivion quest. Of course, the only character actively fighting is the Champ.

The others have no hope in hell of completing the royals of oblivion. It's almost impossible to move from one room to another without getting killed. The monsters attack even though they are 100 levels lower, and they do massive damage to the arty and cleric even with that gap. Both characters have poor defense because the focus has been on maxing stats they need for their class.

"but with 3 you have the majority if the randoms vote to kick you" Does this mean that if I'm farming in a dungeon they can force me out of the dungeon? That's pretty unfair!

Sigil of Wealth does not work for me. I have got a couple on the premium gifts and they just kill all drops. Honestly, with the number of problems I've had I'm starting to think my character(s) are really bugged. Walking into walls, F-Keys not working on 3 of 5 logins, drops not working, And more...

#12 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Currently I have Grand Mercenary set (200)

Goggles Con 20 / Def 75

Vest Con 25 / Acc 100

Boots Con 15 / Def 50

Gloves Con 15 / Dodge 50

Because I get few drops without medals and none with medals I've not come across anything with con 25.

People sell max stats scrolls for absurd prices (Seriously, this game needs some price controls!). 800b for a scroll is just plain silly.

I haven't got the exalted set yet - can't find all 4 parts.

The only character to get the key was the Champ. But this is the only one that did the fate and Royals of Oblivion quest. Of course, the only character actively fighting is the Champ.

The others have no hope in hell of completing the royals of oblivion. It's almost impossible to move from one room to another without getting killed. The monsters attack even though they are 100 levels lower, and they do massive damage to the arty and cleric even with that gap. Both characters have poor defense because the focus has been on maxing stats they need for their class.

"but with 3 you have the majority if the randoms vote to kick you" Does this mean that if I'm farming in a dungeon they can force me out of the dungeon? That's pretty unfair!

Sigil of Wealth does not work for me. I have got a couple on the premium gifts and they just kill all drops. Honestly, with the number of problems I've had I'm starting to think my character(s) are really bugged. Walking into walls, F-Keys not working on 3 of 5 logins, drops not working, And more...

If you let me know which armor set and which parts you are missing, I can see if I have them.  It's a good idea to make a con set just for crafting especially while you are still leveling but ofc you can use the exalted body for crafting too assuming you get the Sharp Assailant set. 

You don't need to do the Royals of Oblivion quest to use the chewed bones, but you do need both the Vizier's Key passive skill and a fate passive (Hebarn or Arua). You said I gave you the ancient tablets before so you probably already have the fate passive. Check in your unique skill tab.  Once you have both passives, you can take the chewed bones to Kriento in Muris. He is the guy who looks like Spero and has a dog walking around. He's next to the storage guy. Double click on one of the bones then click on the dog and you will get a permanent bulldog mount. Any additional bones can be exchanged by double clicking on them then talking to Kriento himself. He will trade each bone for either 500k zulie or about 1 mil experience. 

There is  a "vote to kick" option in dungeons to prevent people from joining and just leeching.  The only way to avoid having randoms join is for you to fill the instance and you would need 5 people to do that. If you can get a friend to farm with you and to bring 2 toons, you'd just have to group before you que the dg, then you can take your time because no one else will be able to join your instance.

Sorry to hear you have so many problems with your toons.  Since you don't feel medals or sigils work for you, just use the farming gems. The max quantity gem for the shoe is called Radiant Dolomite Assscher and the uncommon gem for the glove is called Radiant Umbite Baguette. There are farming gems for the other armor slots too. I think I have at least some of them so if you want to make a set just for farming, I can see what I have.  You can let me know here or on Discord.

#13 Yanta0205

Yanta0205

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

I have completed the 5 tablets fate quest and the Pyramid of fate quest. I attacked golden scarabs for an hour making sure artisan got first hit and I used no AOE skills with the champ when finishing them off. No Viziers key. Plenty of free space on all 3 tabs on all 3 chars.

I meant you told me about the tablets when my champ was doing that quest. I actually have 100's of them in my storage. I pick up pretty much everything.

I have been giving Kriento the bones for my champ for a while now. Helps with the leveling.

The only Exalted Sharp Assailant part I can find is the head piece.

It's not that I feel that they don't work... I can actually prove they don't.. I will get drops of all commons sorts, and even weaps and armors and the occasional rare - without a medal. I can fill my inventory quickly. You know about this... This is the related post... https://forums.warpp...tential-issues/

As soon as I use the sigil of wealth or any of the drop medals ALL drops except zulie and the very occasional trash drop is all I will see until the medal timer expires. And this applies to all monsters from blue all the way up to purple.

Vote to Kick - Savage:) Where's the love?

I'll see if I can convince my son to play for a while this coming weekend and give CoU a go.

#14 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

I have Sharp Assailant shoes and gloves if you want them.

I hope you enjoy CoU. With the high server boosts going on for another week, you should do very well  Unfortunately I don't have any more of the max quantity gem but I do have some of the other farming gems. If you want them, please let me know.

#15 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

Anyone know wich is the patch that changed the status points and effects? like charm/int. I'm a bit lost about the status effects lately

#16 YantaKN

YantaKN

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

I have Sharp Assailant shoes and gloves if you want them.

I hope you enjoy CoU. With the high server boosts going on for another week, you should do very well  Unfortunately I don't have any more of the max quantity gem but I do have some of the other farming gems. If you want them, please let me know.

I spoke with him and his characters are around level 160. Even with the boosts, I couldn't get two characters to 210+ in time... I just don't have the time. To make matters worse I can't make payments to buy more IM points to buy experience multipliers, and since it took 2 months to get my access restored to my Artisan, I don't think the Payment Specialists will get my payment issues resolved before my premium expires in 2 weeks, and certainly not while the boosts and discounts are going.

The head piece is no longer available (got sold) and I haven't seen any others.

I do appreciate your kind offers off assistance and items. Thank you for that. It has been lovely dealing with you.

Things are very messy at the moment so I don't know if I will continue playing... There are just too many game related issues.

#17 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

I spoke with him and his characters are around level 160. Even with the boosts, I couldn't get two characters to 210+ in time... I just don't have the time. To make matters worse I can't make payments to buy more IM points to buy experience multipliers, and since it took 2 months to get my access restored to my Artisan, I don't think the Payment Specialists will get my payment issues resolved before my premium expires in 2 weeks, and certainly not while the boosts and discounts are going.

The head piece is no longer available (got sold) and I haven't seen any others.

I do appreciate your kind offers off assistance and items. Thank you for that. It has been lovely dealing with you.

Things are very messy at the moment so I don't know if I will continue playing... There are just too many game related issues.

Aww I hope you do decide to keep playing.  Even when these high boosts are gone, we will still have exp boosts every weekend. I would be glad to help you level. Just send me a pm here or add me on Discord and we can sort out the details.

#18 YantaKN

YantaKN

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

I guess I should wrap this up.

I was never able to get the viziers key on any other character except my champ.

I did find a vagabond set, but the price was 20 billion Zulie. 7.5 billion for the eye patch. That's just plain ridiculous.

I don't use discord. Nor do I have facebook, twitter, instagram or snapchat. I care a about privacy.

I use a VPN for privacy and online safety. I'm really sick of being told to get off the VPN to make something work. Eg. Payments won't work on a VPN.

The medals flat out do not work for me. Haven't since 16th April and despite the dev saying he'd fixed the issue, it is not fixed for me.

There are about another 5-6 problems I experience in the game that just make it frustrating. The latest of not being able to buy IM points, using an account I've used twice before has just pushed me over the edge.

If the payments issue is fixed quickly I'll consider continuing, but until then, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your assistance and support. It is wonderful to find someone with a kind soul and compassion on places like this. You are a gem.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users