Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#226 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

I will quit earlier before you kick me and ban me so be kind ok

#227 SadPanda

SadPanda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

A dick move by twRO, but nonetheless determined players who still love RO like me can always find a way around any obstruction like greedy local distributor and ip ban.

twRo the enragement child can only inhale my dong if they want my monzy :heh:  :heh:  :heh: .

#228 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:52 AM

A dick move by twRO, but nonetheless determined players who still love RO like me can always find a way around any obstruction like greedy local distributor and ip ban.

twRo the enragement child can only inhale my dong if they want my monzy :heh:  :heh:  :heh: .

do tRO ban ppl who level up too fast because they have more knowledge than most ppl?

#229 SadPanda

SadPanda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:01 AM

do tRO ban ppl who level up too fast because they have more knowledge than most ppl?

No, twRO are obnoxious for their bad management and super inflated price.

A Seraphim Coronet cost like 700 USD.

Edited by SadPanda, 02 August 2018 - 05:02 AM.

#230 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:21 AM

its kinda awkward that any relevant item on twRO seems to be measured in $, and even such high values, is zeny worthless there?

#231 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

56366370.jpg

#232 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

Unfortunately this was not something we could fight. It is my understanding we never held the contract for this region as a provider. Currently there are no plans to suspend game accounts or change the login restrictions further. 

#233 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Your IT team is incredible they do the work before the management team order them to do so. WoW I’m speechless either WP just pretending to close their eyes regarding this matter or they are just plain stupid.

#234 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:48 AM

Unfortunately this was not something we could fight. It is my understanding we never held the contract for this region as a provider. Currently there are no plans to suspend game accounts or change the login restrictions further.

Basically to play iro on wpn is ok?

#235 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:49 AM

VPN usage is fine for improving connection speeds.

#236 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:49 AM

No but with nothing to regulate it...

#237 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

In Sense RO was mean to play on regional server, Timezone difference make WoE hard

The thing is My Country idRO is really suck, idRo also ban me from the game because I was told used 3rd party program just because I level up too fast

In sense yes, but could you imagine a global server for RO? ( like iRO but with way more people), it's better for the economy, pvp and somehow, even woe.

My regional server also suck, it's more P2W than iRO, it's WAYYY more outdated (they don't even have new izlude or new alberta for example), they sell MVP cards on the cash shop from time to time, you don't have free reset, not a lot of events, etc.

Yes sure iRO is not perfect and WP is also not perfect but iRO is the best official server.

I think people are bashing WP team too much, they can't do anything about that because of contracts, i'm sure they don't want to lose 1/3 (maybe more) of their playerbase because of some stupid Gravity decisions. No one could ever imagine this kind of decision from Gravity.

P.S: IP Block is easy to bypass and of course Camp can't talk here about it being used to bypass the IP BLOCK due to business, i doubt you are going to get banned if you VPN. The real problem is :

• A lot of people are not willing to pay VPN to do that

• Surprisingly a lot of people doesn't even know what VPN is

• Maybe someday Gravity decides to ban every non american account.

It's going to hurt the playerbase anyway, that's the real problem here.

qpzTSQL.jpg

Edited by Hissis, 02 August 2018 - 09:11 AM.

#238 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Gravity annual report is very useful for me. It can be used as prophecy. :)

Ragnarok Online is distributed through Gravity Interactive except for Japan, China, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil and 28 European countries and markets in which jurisdictions local licensees publish Ragnarok Online; and for Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, where Gravity directly offers Ragnarok Online through its local branch in Taiwan.

PS. Since this report has been written on last year. So it didn't include Russia and CIS countries where just have official publisher recently. You can check it in second quarter report instead.

Ragnarok Online

The Company plans to re-launch Ragnarok Online in Russia and CIS countries in 2018. A CBT is currently being conducted in Russia and CIS countries, which will be completed by August 7, 2018.

PS 2. Gravity stock chart is in quite bad shape too. Price in August is around a half of June.

WRbYejN.png

Edited by Sigma1, 02 August 2018 - 09:31 AM.

#239 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

They can still play using VPN or move around places where there's no IP blocking. EU is banned as per GPDR ruling. Account is locked wherever/whatever they do. For ban to take in effect in tRO, a law must be enacted with valid or legal demands. The best tRO can request is IP blocking. iRO compels because it concerns appropriate boundaries. They are both official RO servers and should not compete when it comes to marketing or attracting players. Localizing players when RO is available in your own region. Imagine if US players play in tRO, iRO will complain too. Parameters should be made to avoid similar case.  

Edited by Si6ers, 02 August 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#240 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Quit

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

P.S: IP Block is easy to bypass and of course Camp can't talk here about it being used to bypass the IP BLOCK due to business, i doubt you are going to get banned if you VPN. The real problem is :

• A lot of people are not willing to pay VPN to do that

• Surprisingly a lot of people doesn't even know what VPN is

• Maybe someday Gravity decides to ban every non american account.

My problem is not the vpn to be honest, but as you said, alot people doesn't know about vpn and how its work, so we know what will happen if they keep blocking people ip. So gravity is stupid in my opinion.

If someone wants to play something these days, she or he will play no matter how but they will play. Another important point is that gravity already loses a good part of its player base precisely because of the private servers. So if they deliver bad services on most servers, people will end up looking for your ideal server, for me, ironically the iRO has become a server of exiled players. I particularly met a lot of people here, who complained about their local servers and migrated to the iRO. So the idea of ​​iRO is sensational in my opinion. Although if gravity had left all the servers updated in real time along with the kRO and realized that some things in ragnarok are kind of pathetic as the refining and leveling system, I think a lot of people would not go looking for the IRO or privates or whatever.

On the other hand, cut that, the warportal is that you request the service, it represents gravity at that moment, I directly pay my cash to the warportal, and that kind of attitude of the company is ridiculous, and they has notion of it. I appreciate that it may not be the fault of all employees, but it's the kind of thing you can't accept when they offer you a service. And I say more, whoever created account here and spent his time and money here, should be treated with more respect. And not come with this talk (I'm sorry but our superiors asked to block your ip, leave) I am deeply sad to see how waportal reacts to this, and how gravity does not care for us. I honestly think they want the ragnarok to die.

#241 Sazaki

Sazaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Is brazil in the coverage of warpportal services?

#242 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Well some countries aside PH , might need to use VPN in the future (camp ''might not'' state this clear enough)

So there a high chance that we could be the next in line..(if camp doesnt reply to your question / or maybe his just too busy / he dunno)

Yes , i am one of those peoples who are not willing to paid vpn (why ? cos is expensive in my country) and OCP still not enough ?

I can assure you , when that times come ? and peoples are force to use vpn ? there gonna be even less players base ...

And soon the server will look something like ''Reboot'' <---  well i cant share you the official server name but you have to guess it   :heh:

Edited by KingPoring86, 02 August 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#243 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:00 AM

I like how Camptitor has been consistently using the word 'Currently' here, the implication is that in future the plan can change and any regions may be suspended when it happens.

:p_hi:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 02 August 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#244 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

they didnt know they gotta block tw 3 days ago as well, so you might as well not take anything camp says for granted regarding future RO plans, cuz they seem to get their info themselves a day, a week, or a month before without any saying whatsoever in it, great basement to work on I guess.

#245 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Quit

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

I like how Camptitor has been consistently using the word 'Currently' here, the implication is that in future the plan can change and any regions may be suspended when it happens.

Thats why is impossible keep playing! When you come to a international sever you dont expect stuffs like this happen, anyway. When they come with a real position about this situation and when iam feel secure to keep suporting warportal and the game, then i think about play again. Sucks that i paid my vip already. 

Edited by stormboyx, 02 August 2018 - 11:43 AM.

#246 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

Don't we already know that things can change any moment, since the Tw/HK/Macau IP block took place without any notice?

#247 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

Brace yourselves. The Unexpected is coming!

#248 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

Brace yourselves. The Unexpected is coming!

You'll never see it coming!

#249 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:00 PM

images.png

#250 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:04 PM

BTW TWRO branch is different from others.
It is provided by Gravity themselves, the direct parent company of Gravity Interactive AKA WP.
So the order from TWRO provider should be higher than WP.
While other RO branches except JRO are provided by jurisdictions local licencees who should have lower rank than WP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users