Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#201 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:46 AM

immigrants ragnarok online :)

Is the President buying Gravity too? /heh

#202 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:50 AM

Incoming 1k WPE = 3b (If there will be sellers who still want to generously continue supports the game at risk. Well I believe there will still be clueless sheep who have no idea on what’s going on and will continue spending money anyway). Camp, I think Imperial Feather might not be enough to get people to spend money in this game. Your last resource is to somehow gain trust and confidence of customers back and restore faith in iRO again. Otherwise, thank you for fun iRO. It’s the best server I’ve played so far.

Can guarantee that I won’t play other games published by Warpportal or developed by Gravity.

#203 SuperSneeze

SuperSneeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Server:renewal-chaos

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

How is this not dumb, as if banned asian kids would go back to play on their region's server. They'll either quit or go to some P.server and in the end gravity is just losing players on the iro branch while not gaining any. Oh yeah potentially losing more players from other regions too since they don't know if when they'll be next, therefore less ppl spending money on KP as well. Great move gravity.

#204 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

bagus sekali kamu warpportal.

nanti pengembang idro baca ini, terus bilang "eh itu taiwan protes  langsung ditutup akses. kita kan juga server official. yuk kita ikutan"

orang indonesia ke ragnarok internasional karena ga betah server lokal. mudah-mudahan ga ikut di tutup juga akses kita. ya kalo kita jadi korban berikutnya dah lah maen barbie online aja.

#205 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

The ppls already on iRO will not go back to twRO, they will quit or go to pServer. However, the ppls who are currently on twRO and planning to migrate to iRO, will just forget about iRO and continue to play on iRO. twRO didnt do this to bring back lost players, they did it to prevent further losses from the current playerbase. On this aspect, it works as they expected.

#206 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

Incoming 1k WPE = 3b (If there will be sellers who still want to generously continue supports the game at risk. Well I believe there will still be clueless sheep who have no idea on what’s going on and will continue spending money anyway). Camp, I think Imperial Feather might not be enough to get people to spend money in this game. Your last resource is to somehow gain trust and confidence of customers back and restore faith in iRO again. Otherwise, thank you for fun iRO. It’s the best server I’ve played so far.

Can guarantee that I won’t play other games published by Warpportal or developed by Gravity.

I'm thinking of going back to my Steam Games. Got around over 100+ games rotting in my Steam Library. Once I verified that the ship has seen its better days, I might go back and play my Steam.

#207 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Still better than other official servers. Nothing lasts forever. Even the healthiest man dies :3

just shows how pisspoor other official servers are. the one eyed is king amongst the blind, hes still a cripple.

#208 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Quit

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

CM Camp and WP team,

This has been the second incident that you have forcefully lifted IP ban on iRO players. First, the EU and now HK and Macau? I think it's high time that you tell the iRO community of what really is happening with the server. A 2-month period for two IP bans, the second one without announcement to the Taiwan and Macau region, is very doubtful of your intentions to us. Are you planning to surprise us, similar to what the GMs did to pRO?

As what other players have mentioned in this thread, I for one, will no longer shell out cash for VIP and OCP items until you tell the whole truth to the community.

Thanks.

+1
Impossible play where i can get ban/ip block from nothing. 
Fight for us, you guys already get your money anway

#209 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

Eventually we will become classic ourselves. :)

#210 Nanum

Nanum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

WP can’t even keep little responsibilities such as “five for friday”, honestly I’m not really surprised by this disrespect to us players *shrug *

#211 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Worst thing is that they communicate even less than last time when they kicked EU, guess they are tired of saying "we got no clue too and wait for any bone thrown at us, which might happen or not, thank you for your understanding!"

#212 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

Eventually we will become classic ourselves. :)

Soon all RO servers are going to become classic, thanks to Gravity :)

#213 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Soon all RO servers are going to become classic, thanks to Gravity :)

Even Made-in-jRO?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

#214 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

Even Made-in-jRO?  :pif:  :pif:  :pif:

Even jRO, Gravity decisions are the worst.

At least Renewal Servers

#215 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

My apologies for the delay in our response. We were investigating what was going on with the login issues. 

This is what we found:

Recently we received word to block login access from regions serviced by the twRO partner and our IT team implemented this change. Due to this we are prohibited from accepting direct access from Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. However, users may still login through connections originating from North America and other regions we directly service.

Sadly, this is not something we can choose not to do as this decision came from above. If you are affected by the block, recently made purchases, and have no intention of playing please let us know in a ticket so we can assist you further.

Lastly, I want to apologize for any frustration this has caused. We could have handled this much better with notifications and postings and will strive to improve in the future.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them all day.

I don't mean to be rude but this is absolutely disgusting. The fact that WP doesn't have any solid communication on whoever decides stuff as important as this is astronomically mind boggling and flat out disappointing, glad I am on the verge of quitting and couldn't care less if PH will be banned as well.

The only thing keeping me from uninstalling the game is the tiny hope that the class balance patch and other updates will be implemented but -_- that, we are yearsssssssss behind.

Good luck WP, don't stop producing OCPs cause that's the only thing keeping your company alive.

Edited by Usurper, 01 August 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#216 Kirito927

Kirito927

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:03 PM

I don't mean to be rude but this is absolutely disgusting. The fact that WP doesn't have any solid communication on whoever decides stuff as important as this is astronomically mind boggling and flat out disappointing, glad I am on the verge of quitting and couldn't care less if PH will be banned as well.

The only thing keeping me from uninstalling the game is the tiny hope that the class balance patch and other updates will be implemented but -_- that, we are yearsssssssss behind.

Good luck WP, don't stop producing OCPs cause that's the only thing keeping your company alive.

+1

Since they are release a ban hammer to any region by any time , I am wandering OCP still can keep the company alive or not , without a secure environment , player/customer will be purchase any product from this company ? I m doubt on it

Edited by Kirito927, 01 August 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#217 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

Hi Camp,

May I ask how about Australia and New Zealand? Will we get a ban in the future while maybe only 20 Aussie players in this server.. :sob:

wondering the same, just a handful of people from NZ playing here...  :questionmark:  :questionmark:  :questionmark:

#218 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Aaaand the responses from WP staff has stopped  :heh:

#219 xsefiroth

xsefiroth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTH

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

RIP "International" server

อีเดียทกราวิตี้

#220 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Quit

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

+1

Since they are release a ban hammer to any region by any time , I am wandering OCP still can keep the company alive or not , without a secure environment , player/customer will be purchase any product from this company ? I m doubt on it

Thats what iam talking about!
As a customer, theres no way people keep buying ocps, you need be reallllly dumb to keep doing it.
Since from nothing, in the middle of the day you can get a ip block or a ban. 

As I already said, it is enough to have to play with the insecurity that the game can close at any time, because it is an outdated game. But live with the isecurity that you can be punished, just by living where you live is no sense. Anyway again, outdated administration, the president of the warportal (if theres one) should lay off everyone and counter fresh blood, because the team look really tired.

As I already said, it is enough to have to play with the insecurity that the game can close at any time, because it is an outdated game. But being unsure that you can be punished, just by living where you live is idiotisse. Anyway again, outdated administration, the president of the warportal should lay off everyone and counter fresh blood, for those here are tired!

#221 shepherd1025

shepherd1025

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

The ppls already on iRO will not go back to twRO, they will quit or go to pServer. However, the ppls who are currently on twRO and planning to migrate to iRO, will just forget about iRO and continue to play on iRO. twRO didnt do this to bring back lost players, they did it to prevent further losses from the current playerbase. On this aspect, it works as they expected.

+1

It's so true.

The twRO officials don't care about ppls already on iRO, and they know these ppls are continuing encourage their fellow countrymen to migrate to iRO. The real intention of twRO officials is to keep their twRO players in sheepfold, so they can drained out their money.

#222 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

The twRO officials don't care about ppls already on iRO, and they know these ppls are continuing encourage their fellow countrymen to migrate to iRO. The real intention of twRO officials is to keep their twRO players in sheepfold, so they can drained out their money.

This is basically the whole reasoning behind this IP block event. From what I can collect, twRO (a division of kRO/Gravity now) was the main cash cow, but the quarterly report that just came out shows that their revenue has gone substantially down. Instead of reflecting on their poor business decisions that pisses off local players, they instead blame IRO for taking away their milkable customers. So they gone to Gravity and complain about it so WP is forced to apply the IP block.

I'd place 70% of the blame on TWRO for being a selfish shameless cry baby, and 30% of the blame on Gravity for being greedy or/and stupid enough to go along with them.

WP/IRO in this case is more like a guy who got punched just for standing there because he's better. And honestly most of us are upset (including me) because he took the punch without punching back for our sake...

Edited by Kiwimaster, 01 August 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#223 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

The end is near. Enjoy while we still can.

#224 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

This is basically the whole reasoning behind this IP block event. From what I can collect, twRO (a division of kRO/Gravity now) was the main cash cow, but the quarterly report that just came out shows that their revenue has gone substantially down. Instead of reflecting on their poor business decisions that pisses off local players, they instead blame IRO for taking away their milkable customers. So they gone to Gravity and complain about it so WP is forced to apply the IP block.

I'd place 70% of the blame on TWRO for being a selfish shameless cry baby, and 30% of the blame on Gravity for being greedy or/and stupid enough to go along with them.

WP/IRO in this case is more like a guy who got punched just for standing there because he's better. And honestly most of us are upset (including me) because he took the punch without punching back for our sake...

Over all, I think Gravity will still concur substantial losses. I can truly say that since the EU ban, I've spent only $50.

#225 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:11 AM

In Sense RO was mean to play on regional server, Timezone difference make WoE hard

The thing is My Country idRO is really suck, idRo also ban me from the game because I was told used 3rd party program just because I level up too fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users