Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau Block Response

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

#51 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

Why was there NO ADVANCED NOTICE of this!? I started playing while in Seattle, but will be staying in Taiwan for at least a few years for work. Damned for me as I can't even log in and transfer my stuff to friends. Oh well guess it's good bye then...

#52 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:05 PM

WP isn't the enemy

gravitee_by_greedfufu-dciuhug.jpg

#53 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

So they will be needing vpn to access Iro?

Give them special discount for wpe, so they can afford vpn xD

#54 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

However, users may still login through connections originating from North America and other regions we directly service.

Which other countries do you refer to when you said *other regions*?

Also, does this mean Philippines is safe because we have Thor server?

#55 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

i understand the players can bypass this IP block issue by using VPN/GPN (yea it workes tested by myself). but at the moment i have two concerns and hope Champ could make it clear.

1. what if i subscribed for a 1-year GPN service plan and will we suddenly got treated like the EU players someday? will we get compensation for the charge we pay for the GPN?

2. my group of twRO friends and myself invested quite alot in June for the anniversary refine event and for the previous OCP. and in July our service get terminated abd needed to pay for a VPNGPV service in-order to stay in this game. for those players who do not wish to pay for the extras, will they get a refund on whatever they spent as this termination of setvice was applied with NO advance notice. if we all know WP would have applied this IP block, many of us would not throw money into this blackhole and would not drag our friends to come during the attractive Anniversary event.
players leave twRO and came here for many reason but most of us came because that server operates so badly and greedly. tbh it wont stop ppl from leaving twRO, we would just go back and play our RO (Reallife Online).

i understand that is nothing WP can do but from the players point of view, i can only see deception and unfairness. for now most of us are still hoping Gavity/WP to change your mind but if insisted, i guess we might need to seek legal approach/advice/action at some point

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 03:25 PM.

#56 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Wow.

#57 Mikaichi

Mikaichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

This news really confirms we are going downhill if we from abroad country to play iro.

#58 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

i understand the players can bypass this IP block issue by using VPN/GPN (yea it workes tested by myself). but at the moment i have two concerns and hope Champ could make it clear.

1. what if i subscribed for a 1-year GPN service plan and will we suddenly got treated like the EU players someday? will we get compensation for the charge we pay for the GPN?

2. my group of twRO friends and myself invested quite alot in June for the anniversary refine event and for the previous OCP. and in July our service get terminated abd needed to pay for a VPNGPV service in-order to stay in this game. for those players who do not wish to pay for the extras, will they get a refund on whatever they spent as this termination of setvice was applied with NO advance notice. if we all know WP would have applied this IP block, many of us would not throw money into this blackhole and would not drag our friends to come during the attractive Anniversary event.
players leave twRO and came here for many reason but most of us came because that server operates so badly and greedly. tbh it wont stop ppl from leaving twRO, we would just go back and play our RO (Reallife Online).

i understand that is nothing WP can do but from the players point of view, i can only see deception and unfairness. for now most of us are still hoping Gavity/WP to change your mind but if insisted, i guess we might need to seek legal approach/advice/action at some point

1. I am not sure what a GPN is so I can't answer that exactly.

2. If a user is affected by this block, paid recently, and has no plans to continue then they need to ticket in and we will do our best to assist in making it right.

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Which other countries do you refer to when you said *other regions*?

Also, does this mean Philippines is safe because we have Thor server?

I would have to look up the exact list but it includes Canada, Mexico and many SA countries.

Currently there are no plans to ban PH users. They came to us from the merge and did everything right in joining us.

#60 hilaw

hilaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Ei, Camp,

I repeat my question, how about Philippines? ^^

My bad, tnx for the answer camp. ^^v

Edited by hilaw, 31 July 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#61 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

1. I am not sure what a GPN is so I can't answer that exactly.
2. If a user is affected by this block, paid recently, and has no plans to continue then they need to ticket in and we will do our best to assist in making it right.

a GPN is like a VPN but only affects the game client IP with no other function/change on the PC IP at all. Maybe the question can be answered in term of a VPN at the moment

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#62 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

My personal opinion, twRO has been hating iRO for long cause many Taiwan players believe iRO is better than twRO (where you lose gear when failing to +1) and they share iRO videos/guides on their forum which lead to immigration. kRO might not have regional server plan, however twRO earns a lot for kRO so their words may weighing more than iRO.
I guess we just didn't spend enough money that meet the expectation of Gravity even though WP promote boxes frequently now. In their ridiculous mind if you don't buy then you have no value. So thanks for everyone support the server by refining/buying ocps.
WP basically can do nothing to this, they are abused because they run a better server to players but not to the headquarter. Though I'm not saying ocps are cheap, you can go visit any RO server which "make money," everything is crazy expensive.

Yeah I agree with you, some people are jealous at WP/iRO and they are taking actions. The lack of income is the problem here, but unfortunately there’s nothing anyone can do at this point. Let’s say in a hypothetical world, the playerbase help WP make enough revenue and regions like EU and TW may stay, how many ppls will be willing to help WP raise funds up to Gravity/kRO’s standards? Ironically ppls complain about iRO’s management and lack of updates, turns out they are still considered the better server among all RO serves, and twRO is actually jealous at WP.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 31 July 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#63 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

kRO aside, I'm still in awe as to why there was no prior notice of this lol

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:38 PM

a GPN is like a VPN but only affects the game client IP with no other function/change on the PC IP at all. Maybe the question can be answered in term of a VPN at the moment

Unfortunately there is no way I can offer compensation for a payment made to another company for their service. We have no policy against the use of VPNs when being used for improving connection speed. Which is what you would use it for right? Only to improve connection speed.

#65 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Yeah I agree with you, some people are jealous at WP/iRO and they are taking actions. The lack of income is the problem here, but unfortunately there’s nothing anyone can do at this point. Let’s say in a hypothetical world, the playerbase help WP make enough revenue and regions like EU and TW may stay, how many ppls will be willing to help WP raise funds up to Gravity/kRO’s standards? Ironically ppls complain about iRO’s management and lack of updates, turns out they are still considered the better server among all RO serves, and twRO is actually jealous at WP.

in year 17-18 and many previous years twRO was the top leading earning server for Gravity. not because the server was good but actually becuase of their unreasonably high price in-game purchase and the players were “forced” to accept. if Gavity want to keep twRO players in twRO, please consider improving the enviroment instead of building this USA boarder wall

#66 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

There was a bad financial statement released late last week, and a ban comes early this week. You can connect the dots on this one quite easily.

#67 carbinemortiser

carbinemortiser

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationAvalon
  • Server:iRO Chaos

I would have to look up the exact list but it includes Canada, Mexico and many SA countries.

So basically, iRO = the Americas?

aRO name change when?   :heh:

#68 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Unfortunately there is no way I can offer compensation for a payment made to another company for their service. We have no policy against the use of VPNs when being used for improving connection speed. Which is what you would use it for right? Only to improve connection speed.

well at first yes, i use it to improve connection speed (optional) but for now we NEED it in order to keep our properties in game. i hope it make sense and we arnt letting Gavity bully us. hope Camp can help passing on the message. i know u r on the players side

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

well at first yes, i use it to improve connection speed (optional) but for now we NEED it in order to keep our properties in game. i hope it make sense

Campitor is implying you can't use VPNs and GPNs to circumvent IP bans. So if that's your intention, then it's not allowed.

#70 bielzinpk

bielzinpk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Can we antecipate the inevitable brazil block and compensate our recent purchases too?

#71 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

well at first yes, i use it to improve connection speed.

corrected.

#72 vinstc

vinstc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

Campitor is implying you can't use VPNs and GPNs to circumvent IP bans. So if that's your intention, then it's not allowed.

cool so that means we can only move to USA if we want to keep a hand on our properties in game. i would say we spent not less then $500 usd/head in june and we have 163 players in our chatgroup

(sorry at work at the moment so i m rushing through the replies, might hv miss-read some words n thanks for the correction)

Edited by vinstc, 31 July 2018 - 03:53 PM.

#73 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Would love to know are MY , SG & TH ?  are also save from the list ?  :hmm:

Edited by KingPoring86, 31 July 2018 - 04:08 PM.

#74 bielzinpk

bielzinpk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

cool so that means we can only move to USA if we want to keep a hand on our properties in game. i would say we spent not less then $500 usd/head in june and we have 163 players in our chatgroup

Better take the compensation

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

(sorry at work at the moment so i m rushing through the replies, might hv miss-read some words n thanks for the correction)

I am saying that we allow VPN usage because its primary purpose is to allow users to improve their connection speed. That is all. There are currently no plans to suspend game accounts in a manner similar to the EU Ban.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users