50 replies to this topic

#26 jessieaguillon

jessieaguillon

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:07 AM

no it doesnt

Gigantic Bow is the killing machine + resenful soldier + emerald ring + perverse demon mask + graywing + +12wwsuit or +11(blackwing suit for bomb cluster purpose)+ prism scarf/ hbp/ faw EA. +9ahb/flapping angel/ faceworm eggshell. Etc. + imperial feather+ rg neacklace for atkspd...

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

That's a weird build you are using and very inefficient for Ranger.

#28 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Whoa whoa whoa.. Someones debating bxb and elven bow hahhaha but you are forgoten about the GIGANTIC BOW[1] huh? +9bxb and +9elven bow has no match for a +9GIGANTIC BOW... I have those bows and im a fan of gigantic bow and i weaeing prism ranger scarf. My +11bxb damage is equal to my +9gigantic bow.. But in normal attacking still the gigantic bow is the best. Even my +14crimson bow sucks... What if the gigantic is +15 how much more damage can do???

Gigantic bow has 40% ranged attack boost but when no limit, ranged attack boost aren't significant as no limit give you massive boost. To improve the situation, other modifier such as Atk % (AK card or TG card), racial bonus, or skill modifier(as modifier from BXB) make a difference.

#29 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

I wanted to do a more in-depth analysis on this item.

This discussion is about Arrow Storm, nothing else. This item is best in slot for Aimed Bolt builds, it is also very good for leveling with Arrow Storm since it allows for easily achieved 1 shotting with little downtime. It sucks for auto warg/auto attacking and Double Strafe and Arrow Shower are niche builds.

With that all said and done, what is this when compared to the traditional White Wing Set.

A White Wing Set provides 50% Arrow Storm Damage, 33% Ranged Damage. This does not include the additional ranged damage from upgrading the White Wing Suit, nor does it include any damage gained from enchantments on the pieces themselves.

If you were to use a Perverse Demon Mask, you would run the following.

White Wing Suit + White Wing Manteau + White Wing Brooch + White Wing Boots + Perverse Demon Mask

If you were to break the set, you would run the following.

Black Wing Suit + Prism Ranger Scarf + Emerald Ring + Gray Wing Boots + Perverse Demon Mask

The White Wing Set would provide more damage overall, however the Prism Ranger Set would give more flexibility and survival should the situation call for it.

By simply running 2x Kafra Blossom Cards, that alone would mean that you can cover more elemental reduction for any one element at a time using the right arrows. In fact, you could then run quadruple elemental proof potions to make it 100% reduction to any one of the four elements at any one time. I personally don't like having multiple types of arrows due to weight already being an issue for Rangers, but it is an option, and with items like Miracle Blue Rose and White Marching Hat, you could easily abuse these and converters/cursed water to cover your elemental needs whilst fully reducing a single elemental damage. You would still need at least 3x Black Wing Suit, since you need Undead, Unfrozen and Holy for certain situations, but it's a lot cheaper since you wouldn't take a Black Wing Suit any more than +9 since it isn't as powerful an effect as the White Wing Suit is.

By using +7 Gray Wing Boots and +9 Black Wing Suit; in addition to a +7 Prism Ranger Scarf, this would give you in return for that broken White Wing Set would give you 40% Max HP, 40% Max SP, 40% Ranged Damage, 15 MDEF, 10% Arrow Storm Damage, Level 1 Hiding, 0.2seconds of Arrow Storm CD Reduction (lel), 17% Demi Human Reduction, Permanent Movement Speed Increase, 9 P. Dodge, 30 SP Cost Reduction for Electric Shock, 100 EATK, 10 Vit, Agi, Dex; and, 500 HP Recovery for every monster killed by a physical attack; all assuming you have Level 10 Double Strafe and Level 10 Aimed Bolt.

Here is an example of a Ranger, one based on a full White Wing Set with +9 White Wing Suit, a +9 White Wing Manteau (9 ATK%), and the other using the Prism Ranger Set. It is versing a Valkyrie Randgris with No Limits activated. Both use a +9 Autumn Headband, Seraphim Set, +9 Big Crossbow with 2x Abysmal Knight Card, +10 Physical Set and +10 Liberation Set. The base stats used are 9 Str, 1 Agi, 74 Vit, 120 Int, 120 Dex, 108 Luk.

The White Wing Set gives the following damage.

989085 ↔ 1041108

The Prism Ranger Set gives the following damage.

846312 ↔ 886272

This damage is scales by comparison, so that means that a full White Wing Set will always do approximately 17% more damage than a Prism Scarf Set. Please note I did not do Temporal Ring Combo, nor did I bother with a White Wing Suit option. The Temporal Combo, Slotted OGH boots or not gives less damage unless HE procs, and that isn't worth it as an AS build since it is sporadic, rare and only able to be utilized once per proc due to cooldown concerns of Arrow Storm. White Wing Suit gives slightly more damage than Black Wing Suit, but you lose the P Dodge and 500 HP on kill that the Gray Wing Boots combo provides.

I hope this clears up the debate of what to use and how to use it when going with the White Wing Set versus Prism Ranger Set.

Nirv senpai I have question for you.
Q1: Does Black wing and gray wing combo only give 500Hp for melee physical attack?
Q2: Does prism scarf still bug especially on elemental reduction?

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

I don't use the scarf personally, I prefer my WW Set.

1. It says physical skills for the HP portion, should be easy enough to test.

2. No idea, but it should be an easy fix.

#31 mussa255

mussa255

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

my ranger build with gears are

stat

str 1

agi 15

vit 72

int 120

dex 120

luk 108

gear

i have ww set with the armor +9

and other items

+9autum

sera set but i use tengu scroll with it or toy sometime

+9 abyss dress

+9 bxb with 2 peco card dont have any other i will try to get one with AK

+7 ranger scarf

temp boots dex with HE/EA

PDM

temp ring 

i like use AB than DS

and i do endless tower and die at ifrit i do like 1m damg with AS but i still die cant run from it damn.

is there anything to improve with my gears?

#32 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

my ranger build with gears are
stat
str 1
agi 15
vit 72
int 120
dex 120
luk 108

gear
i have ww set with the armor +9
and other items
+9autum
sera set but i use tengu scroll with it or toy sometime
+9 abyss dress
+9 bxb with 2 peco card dont have any other i will try to get one with AK
+7 ranger scarf
temp boots dex with HE/EA
PDM
temp ring

i like use AB than DS
and i do endless tower and die at ifrit i do like 1m damg with AS but i still die cant run from it damn.
is there anything to improve with my gears?

Spring ankle snare lvl 3 as MANY AS POSSIBLE before engage in fight. (You can watch youtube for how to do it). Kite the ifrit to the trap and let him immobilize,step aside until you can't see ifrit on your screen. Then attack the slave from far(safetest option), you can attack ifrit directly but ifrit will come at you immadietly. Spring again if your trap expired. Repeat until you win.

If you still can't do it, you can use crit build to win.

#33 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

I'm AS / Warg type  and I think this Scarf give worth benefit for me

My Stat   :    120 Agi  120 Luk  100 Dex 

+9 Autumn

Imperial Feather 

RG Necklace

+12 BXB [2 AS]

WWS  (I have EA enchant for AS ,  another Sharp enchant  for Warg) 
+7 Prism Scarf 

Temp Luk AD4 Hawkeye    when HE proc  my AS dmg is nearly same as with WW set  

Emerald Ring 

PDM 

reach ASPD 193 w/ only Awakening Potion    

on no limit    HE proc   AS dmg is around 790k  ,  29k Crit auto attack  on Izlude Egg

I think I'll use this set up for both leveling  and MVPing  since I can use No Limit more often    ,  satisfied AS dmg for clearing mobs  and can hit lock auto Warg against single target

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

I'm AS / Warg type  and I think this Scarf give worth benefit for me

My Stat   :    120 Agi  120 Luk  100 Dex 

+9 Autumn

Imperial Feather 

RG Necklace

+12 BXB [2 AS]

WWS  (I have EA enchant for AS ,  another Sharp enchant  for Warg) 
+7 Prism Scarf 

Temp Luk AD4 Hawkeye    when HE proc  my AS dmg is nearly same as with WW set  

Emerald Ring 

PDM 

reach ASPD 193 w/ only Awakening Potion    

on no limit    HE proc   AS dmg is around 790k  ,  29k Crit auto attack  on Izlude Egg

I think I'll use this set up for both leveling  and MVPing  since I can use No Limit more often    ,  satisfied AS dmg for clearing mobs  and can hit lock auto Warg against single target

You should consider re-configuring your build. I main a hybrid AS/Warg Ranger. I do 68,000 autos and 1m+ AS with my build. I do use a couple of MVPs, but they are for utility, not damage so in theory you could do a lot more.

#35 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:52 PM

For long MVP fight like Awakened Ferre or Charleston, I use prism for faster fight. But for dangerous fight like Amdaris (hell judgement will oneshot my ranger), I use WW set.

We need this gay scarf need to fix its bug. How can I survive from waterball in ET if I couldn't access elemental benefit.

Edited by andxres, 19 August 2018 - 05:53 PM.

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

try water armor '-'

#37 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:37 PM

try water armor '-'

Usually I kite mvp to ankle snare and kill them helplessly. But some mvp like bascojin are harder to trapped. Yesterday, I try to use prism effect to get 75% water resist (I stack it with coldproof and moon eyepatch which mean 100% resist sum). But I got killed easily by water ball which hit around 2k per hit.

When I got killed, I used token to revive myself.

I wish the bug fixed

Edited by andxres, 19 August 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#38 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

You should consider re-configuring your build. I main a hybrid AS/Warg Ranger. I do 68,000 autos and 1m+ AS with my build. I do use a couple of MVPs, but they are for utility, not damage so in theory you could do a lot more.

Yeah , I need re-configuring a lot  for more dmg   :< 

#39 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

I am afraid I won't be here for a just over a week, but when I get back I will post my stats/gears etc so you can take notes on some changes you may want to make.

#40 soul6749

soul6749

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:27 AM

hmm does anyone tried after use no limit then put on the scarf will no limit cd be reduced?

#41 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

hmm does anyone tried after use no limit then put on the scarf will no limit cd be reduced?

It says in the item description if you take off the scarf the cd is reset.

#42 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Useless.

The cooldown reduction only affect you when no limit used. If you swap from ww set to prism scarf, the cooldown won't reduce to 2 sec.

#43 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:37 AM

Well, doesn't the 1 minute reuse of AS make for exemple Bio 4 leveling better since you'll be able to one shot most of the mobs more often? This was the prior question I was trying to bring up since I know WWset is the best for AS damage still.

w/ right gears   I think it's worth to use in bio4   

yQK1k6m.jpg

#44 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:39 AM

quick random question;

Can ragners solo clear ET? 

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:16 AM

https://forums.warpp...-5#entry2855763

few threads below '-'

#46 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

quick random question;

Can ragners solo clear ET?

Definitely but you need major investment

#47 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:02 PM

Was already discussed and the conclusion was: only good for leveling.

#48 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:10 PM

Was already discussed and the conclusion was: only good for leveling.

This gear are also good for mvping because:
+has same long range attack bonus of FAW.
+reduce cooldown of nolimit from 5 to 2 min.
+if your fight high hp mvp and can't kill it within no limit duration, you can hide for one minute and cast no limit again.
+has extra protection against elemental damage and 10%max hp and sp.

#49 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:26 AM

This gear are also good for mvping because:
+has same long range attack bonus of FAW.
+reduce cooldown of nolimit from 5 to 2 min.
+if your fight high hp mvp and can't kill it within no limit duration, you can hide for one minute and cast no limit again.
+has extra protection against elemental damage and 10%max hp and sp.

Good luck finding an mvp that lasts that long. A decent ranger with WW set can easily reach 1m damage under 30 seconds with regular attack without using no limits and elemental advantage. What more with no limits on?

Perhaps maybe in BB farming you can kill many MVPs faster with it.

#50 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

Now it’s working as intended. Gotta use it to farm kks on ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users