Disconnect from server after character selection - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disconnect from server after character selection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 chr1222

chr1222

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:46 AM

I registered this new account today and tried to connect, but every time I receive the "Disconnected from server" message after character selection. Also, it seems that there is a ~58MB file I download for update is being re-downloaded every time I re-open the game. I tried creating new characters in both Chaos and Thors servers and it's the same problem. Also every time I close the game, it gives me a message ": DDraw object is still referenced 1 times"

I downloaded from steam client

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

Greetings chr1222,

Please consider downloading the game client/registering from Warpportal this time, there have been reports of performance issues when using RO through Steam client.

If you experience the issue again with WP RO client, then please perform the steps below really carefully.

How to re-patch Restart Client (fresh repatching):
Important: If you are on metered/Wifi connections or/and unable to connect to FTP servers then this proposed fix may not work for you.

1. Restart your device.
  2. Clear Internet Explorer cache, if you don't know how please check Appendix #2 in this post.
  3. Make sure Ragnarok ReStart.exe and Ragexe.exe are set to run as an admin all the time, if using dedicated antimalware/antivirus programs make sure the same are white-listed from the active scans.
  4. Assuming your client is freshly installed after August 2017, download patch files pack from this link, unzip and place the content in your installation folder.
    If using normal client the default location is C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Restart.
    If on Steam, to reach default location: While being on Steam library, right click Restart game title, choose properties, then click on Local Files tab, use the Browse Local Files option to reach the folder directory. When prompted to replace existing files say YES
  5. Download patch.inf from this link, make sure to read the instructions carefully.

#3 chr1222

chr1222

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:13 AM

I don't have Ragnarok Restart, I have Ragnarok Online, is it the same thing? Do I download the patch files you gave me?

There are no files to replace with the patch files you gave me, the directory is in Gravity\Ragnarok Online and there's no Ragnarok ReStart.exe

Edited by chr1222, 02 September 2018 - 03:15 AM.

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

chr1222, all right.

This is because you posted in RE:Start subsection, therefore the instructions were purely made for that server :)

Following the steps above will not aid your issue.

Renewal and Re:Start use different game clients.

For Renewal client, try solution #4 posted here.

If you still experience issues with the client, please repost in RO1 subsection so we can assist you appropriately:

https://forums.warpp...tbug-reporting/

#5 chr1222

chr1222

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Sorry didn't realize its the wrong section, I'll repost in the correct section if there's still problem. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users