Cheating, Exploiting, Duping and the like - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cheating, Exploiting, Duping and the like

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#26 712180611081654953

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

Many people are using bot to vending and double window for RO

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:40 PM

I call a server wipe! Let's reset back to 0!

Wouldnt that make us re-re:start :heh:

##########
If anything warpportal punishes people who lends stuff MORE than people who DUPE.

Am one of them, lent quite a number of items to a guildie who son of a gun got banned and now i cant get em back lol, turns out lending is worse than effin duping and ndl cheats

#28 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:12 PM

Im concerned the fact that OCP items can be duped ... the culprit so advanced right now, and WP was behind them .. i hope WP team can provide more concrete solution on this problems ..

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

Wouldnt that make us re-re:start :heh:

##########
If anything warpportal punishes people who lends stuff MORE than people who DUPE.

Am one of them, lent quite a number of items to a guildie who son of a gun got banned and now i cant get em back lol, turns out lending is worse than effin duping and ndl cheats

That's why I dont really lend or borrow items. I dont want to get involved in dupe or drama issues. I like flying alone too lol

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

That's why I dont really lend or borrow items. I dont want to get involved in dupe or drama issues. I like flying alone too lol

Was under my guild back in pRO so couldnt help but distract him from the extensive power creep ocp has brought down upon us all which discourages a lot of returnees from staying lol

#31 712180611081654953

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:35 AM

You got anything worth to dupe?

#32 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:40 AM

^ WPE

#33 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:06 AM

I call a server wipe! Let's reset back to 0! 

Server wipe of all dupe stuffs should be the case. Have GM's check every single MVP cards above 20b in value, and any gears at +20. Most likely you'll come down to a few account/IP which some "actions" need to be taken.

The very fact that nothing is done until after a trade takes place with a legit player is just sad. I hope for the GM team to be more proactive in solving these issues. It almost seems like if someone has a duped mvp and does not verify it, they can happily use it forever.

#34 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:25 AM

how they dupe if they dont have one? if they have mvp to dupe then i bet gm cannot verify after they used it (iirc) that can circulate along the guilds, friends even acquaintance and worse in the market... your safe bet is buying items clean and verified mvps ;)

#35 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

Cheating: ​Ban them all.​just kidding, i'm just enjoying making memes on cheaters. their cheats are sometimes pretty funny wahahaha(getting masq around 10 cells away from the sc, guild master that magically getting transported on the other side of the room after ecall, and characters consuming a lot of pot in the spil seconds, damn...these is some meme worthy :heh:)

Dupers:I am more worried on materials that can be used or exchange for equipments getting dupe than ocp. unless WP knows how to track this.

#36 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

how they dupe if they dont have one? if they have mvp to dupe then i bet gm cannot verify after they used it (iirc) that can circulate along the guilds, friends even acquaintance and worse in the market... your safe bet is buying items clean and verified mvps ;)

I read somewhere, as long as you know the account that have mvp, you can dupe it, no need to actually have one

Dont know if its actually correct or not lol

#37 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

I bought  temporal ring, that ended up being an illegal item. I got my zeny back in the form of the guaranteed items but I would much rather prefer my zeny. Also, I bought an Abyss Dress as well, upgraded to +9 outside of enriched hammer event that I didn't even think of verifying, I am hesitant of doing so because if temp ring was illegal Abyss dress can be too and the question is, will I lose the zeny I used to upgrade it? anyway, this is a mess.

#38 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:42 AM

Every time I see this kind of topic, I can’t help but wonder what Warpportal is doing with my money lol

they're using it to make evil clones of us that will one day replace us and spend 100% of our money on WP/RO :omg:

--------

On the duping, definitely no bueno yo. this is very problematic for all of the people actually trying to make zeny or play legitimately in their own way. i've had a friend's GTB ripped off my account before which was a freakin terrible scare. he also didnt get back nearly the amount he paid for because it was during the first dupe era when the dupe was discovered, and at that time, GTB was missing a 3rd number and holding at 20b. i believe he paid something equivalent to around 40b when he obtained it though. duping just sucks for those it hurts (pretty much everyone).. its morally incorrect and lacks any gamer etiquette

On the botting, im generally against it for upper level items that actually hold value. but things like strawberries? most of us dont have time to farm that shiz so, on the lower end, sure i'll buy your botted strawberries if it saves me 10 hours of farming lmfao.

On the exploits, this is interesting because i was having this conversation the other day. my personal rule is, if you find an exploit in game you pretty much have 3 options.
1 - if its a really bad exploit that you know people can get banned for or if its something that can really disrupt the server, reveal it to GMs only and let them fix it.
2 - if its more of a glitch and something within the system itself that cannot or will not be fixed and won't result in a ban, like the party switch tricks for ET, abuse it.
3 - if its something that's accidental and you had no control over at all (AKA it just happened without your knowledge of how), judge the scenario appropriately and determine the correct (or at least favorable) option.

#3 is easy to misunderstand so i'll give you an example. Its fitting because it ties into what camp mentioned about zone crashing.

If you know the method that doesn't involve the zones being crashed I would be very interested. I can say it is NOT the zone crash method as I would be bringing zones up alot more often.

i had something like this happen to me a long time ago before you became head CM camp, back when oda was still leading it. i actually wound up with 3 copies of duped items somehow in my cart, and i never did understand how they got there. all i know is what i remember:

- at the time, i was hunting diabolus rings on that morroc map because it was either spotlighted or a drops event was in play.
- for some reason, there was an issue with gums for about an hour. if you logged out with a gum active, it would disappear completely and you lost the gum/gum timer. this happened to me two times before i realized i was losing my gums.

- after finishing the last of that set of gums, i had to go back to town and restock. when checking my cart, i noticed that there now existed an extra set of copies of the 3 gears that i had in my inventory. i think they were bdm [0], +9 pollution EMH, and either shooter or immune spell FAW (i remember being butthurt that my DR FAW, which was already in my cart, did not get duped lmao). only the 3 gears that were in my inventory had somehow got duped.

back to #3, in this case.. i had no control over how duped items got into my cart. someone on the server must've been zone crashing and it somehow indirectly affected me, because during this time and shortly after there were lots of posts about people who lost gear. i just somehow got lucky and wound up with extras.

@camp you better not ban me i had no control over that lmfao. kid in a candy store; dont ask dont tell.

#39 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

Camp, can someone in your team help me with checking a few items I have bought recently but did not send tickets for? I can send tickets but takes substantial amount of time, especially over the weekend. During the weekdays, it's been fast but in my case I receive collateral items instead of zeny which is not my ideal outcome. I would much rather have my zeny back.

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

You got anything worth to dupe?

Chakri card, allowing you to auto justice cheaters and send them back to Kafra before they can retaliate in WoE. This effect bypasses all cheats such as auto masq and auto pot.

#41 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

Was wondering the same thing , always though they get busted if they vend it ....

At least it show a different id of that item (ragial) unless the dupe item has the same id ?

Might be wrong since i also need an answer , so dont wet your pants just yet lol ...

Tbh after this thread ppls might not dare to get cheap item 1b from other vendors..

#42 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

Was wondering the same thing , always though they get busted if they vend it ....
At least it show a different id of that item (ragial) unless the dupe item has the same id ?

Might be wrong since i also need an answer , so dont wet your pants just yet lol ...
Tbh after this thread ppls might not dare to get cheap item 1b from other vendors..

I tell my all my friends to send a ticket after they bought it, even with the deals in Eden. I do that myself too.

The cursed fragment scenario made me a little confused. I always thought zeny obtained via vend is safe cause otherwise people will be spreading dirty sent everywhere and there won't be any protection for people who uses the vending system.

It's very doubtful when you see people vending thousands of cursed fragment but after a while I just tell myself that they are either farming MVPs or an crazy bio5 farmer, especially during the even when you can farm 200-300 per hour or even more.

Edited by yamasakai90, 20 October 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#43 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:59 PM

I read somewhere, as long as you know the account that have mvp, you can dupe it, no need to actually have one

Dont know if its actually correct or not lol

they can usually log in your account too with just username but that exploit is soo long and forgotten

#44 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

If the exploits are known to GMs, what is it preventing them from fixing it?

#45 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

If the exploits are known to GMs, what is it preventing them from fixing it?

the culprit so advanced right now, and WP was behind them .. i hope WP team can provide more concrete solution on this problems ..

seems like every rebel (not the RO character lol) is always 5 steps ahead of the WP team. just like with the DDoS bandit, it took quite a while to provide an accurate solution. i think the dupes are probably much trickier because of the patterns involved in using them. essentially, the team probably has to figure out the exact way the dupes are being created. i dont know hacking or computer language or even coding well enough at all, but if i had to guess, i'd say that the ones who did know these areas very very well could likely elude the shiz outta gm's for quite a while.

camp even kinda hinted on it with his question about zone crashing. they aren't quite sure about the exact method being used, so until they figure out, this problem will likely remain which of course sucks.

i feel you on this chak. to this day, i've never given anyone my account info. i've only lent items to a few people i seriously trust, and i always ask that they return the items before they log out. do this and you can borrow freely (if i know you like that anyway).

#46 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

Duping will never be and will never disappear. Players will.

#47 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

For duped item/s
To avoid just limit your transaction to your friends and the people that you know very well in the game. Expand the people you trust after making a repu check of the char. Always SS your trades just in case something go nuts.

Cheaters often used VPN to hide their orig IP when using 3rd party program. When account is created for example in country A, therefore, IP will originate from country A. If uses VPN, IP regularly change. If account IP changes regularly from country A to B, the account maybe subject for inspection. WP can check the account daily routine. Verifying rare item/s, boss card/s and bulk item/s whether legit or not. It's like a raid, if you have nothing to hide, allow your storage and inventory inspected. 

Or use anti hacking program
Just an example.
Expand Chaos storage database. Specify item, boss card A with unique id 1234. List all boss card A in Chaos. Check if unique id is 1234.
Listing Chaos Accounts
acct1 = 3pcs boss card A, unique id 1234 - passed
acct2 = 1pc boss card A, unique id 1234 - passed
acct3 = 2pcs boss card A, unque id 1236 - failed 
summary
acct1, acct2 = passed
acct3 boss card A is duped = failed

Edited by Si6ers, 21 October 2018 - 08:00 PM.

#48 Elmexicano

Elmexicano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

Let's delete half the duped stuff in all the server, Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

#49 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Let's delete half the duped stuff in all the server, Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

im sensing a thanos pun here lol

#50 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:22 AM

I just want an item wipe instead wahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users