AFK Auto Spell are HOLDING My Exp leveling time and Respawn. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AFK Auto Spell are HOLDING My Exp leveling time and Respawn.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#26 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:01 AM

Maybe you should change maps and let’s see if it would change sumthin. There might be some dead cell that those mobs spawn on the map.

It actually happened on other maps setup for turn in, it is that the map was bigger than Payon making it rather difficult to notice spawn decline.

#27 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:21 AM

If it is the freeze issue, it is still exacerbated by afk players. Imagine an afk player bugs 1 monster per hour. If a map starts with say 150 of a monster, in just 3 days the spawns would be halved.

An easy way to test if it is a freezing issue would be to put 2 undead mobs in the low TI so they don't freeze.

2 weeks ago = low ti all undead

but it still almost empty

#28 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:48 AM

Like i said AFK killing way impact on respawn be couse they holding mob repawn time.

Homunculos kill fast so they dont impact Respawning time,

i have a solution 

remove afk leveling from for places where we have bounty boards.

Try nameless island.

i whant do bounty, not go to end of word exp, why not move AFK players to end of world ( maps whitout Bounty Bords quest)?

Edited by Tommyindie, 16 November 2018 - 04:24 AM.

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:50 AM

So if undead mobs are disappearing too... assuming that is true it kind of puts the freeze bug to rest, doesn't it?

It can't just be simply kill turnover. Otherwise the AK TI would have been empty too wouldn't it? I haven't heard any complaints that they were disappearing. So something related to afking that isn't freezing. It must happen very easily because even relatively slow maps like Harpy, NCT, and Scaraba are affected. 

Perhaps if a monster dies with exactly 0 HP? Just a random idea.

#30 Ostarion

Ostarion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:16 AM

It does seem to be a way in which the monsters are killed, but if its not the freezing, I don't know what it could be. As mentioned before, Orc Dungeon 2 has plenty of afk genes in it with autocast gear on, but nothing is wrong ever with that map.

#31 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:19 AM

So if undead mobs are disappearing too... assuming that is true it kind of puts the freeze bug to rest, doesn't it?

It can't just be simply kill turnover. Otherwise the AK TI would have been empty too wouldn't it? I haven't heard any complaints that they were disappearing. So something related to afking that isn't freezing. It must happen very easily because even relatively slow maps like Harpy, NCT, and Scaraba are affected. 

Perhaps if a monster dies with exactly 0 HP? Just a random idea.

It does seem to be a way in which the monsters are killed, but if its not the freezing, I don't know what it could be. As mentioned before, Orc Dungeon 2 has plenty of afk genes in it with autocast gear on, but nothing is wrong ever with that map.

Guys like i said again, its not just becouse Frezze skill, its simple matematical     5 ( or more)players at diferent places+holding mobs for 30secs( even more than this) = less respawning mobs on map.

And Gene dont impact becouse Gene+Homu=they kill faster so fast mobs respawning.

I bilieve its make very clear this post it not just about Freezing, its about all negative issues about  groups of AFK leveling on MAPS where we do Bountyes, its very simple.

Edited by Tommyindie, 16 November 2018 - 05:37 AM.

#32 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:24 AM

Still have players who add something that freezes to help in respaw :thx:  :thx:  :thx:

5~10 ppl afk = no respaw

Edited by digo666, 16 November 2018 - 06:27 AM.

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

so if i am actively playing the character, but kill it painfully slow, 5x slower than any autocaster, that is ok then? :U

Coz for the most part, monsters dont take to long to die once they enter in contact with the autocaster. The only case where that will happen is if you do so at places like NCT, where they do have 100k+ HP.

But as said by some staff member some day, if the player is not actively engaged in combat, they dont have a claim over the monster :T

#34 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Man..I remember those days of finishing Low TI counts in 5-10 mins. Rip...

#35 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:26 AM

"Where am I....?", asked the Dark Priest to himself as he is surrounded by the darkness, seemingly eternal.

He tried to move, but.... he felt as if hes frozen, stucked in his own place. His limbs and body cant be moved. Last time he remembered, he was being killed by a gust of storm, cast by a poor, innocent-looking high wizard who still cant afford under as cast clip. "I must've been reincarnated back to life, thats how it shouldve been... but this time its different."

After a good while, he started feeling his limbs again. He got to a point that he could stretched his hands and so he turned his head to look around. Nothing can be seen in vicinity. He realized that he was in a totally different dimension. He contemplated. " Well then what should I do now?, I have to get my revenge on people! I am proudly, the Dark Priest who have forsaken my vow to help people. I cant stand how whiny people are, always asking for heal and buff! :wall:  So I changed my job from Holy Priest to Dark Priest, from helping people to hurting people. And it've been century I m like this and I wouldn't changed even for another century... I couldn't just  take a break here."

and so he wait, wait and wait. he still couldn't move from where he stand.

".... well doing nothing... to be honest, its kinda fun too. No energy expended, nothing could ever irritate me anymore. I am at peace now. I guess this is what I m going to do from now on. I am going to do nothing." And so he sleep while standing....  Suddenly a light shone above his head, Odin have arrived to gave his blessing. Dark Priest transcended to hidden-not-so hidden job, with new abilities and also newest, shiniest OCP gears to boot.

He evolved to become afk leveler. 

The end.

#36 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

Two thoughts..

The issue with Storm Gust has always been accepted as an enemy becoming frozen as it dies, causing an error with the server where it can't despawn after death as it's under a status effect. So the question is, if this line of thinking is correct, could Ring of Resonance's Venom Splasher, Tarot Card of Fate, or Quagmire be causing a similar issue where a dead enemy is status locked? Or, for that matter, what of Ring of Flame Lord's Lex Aeterna? Though, I don't see many afk levelers using ROFL.. Hell, does Lunar Rainbow's Water Ball work without Deluge or Water? Normally one only has access to level 5 Water Ball, could it be that with a level 10 Water Ball, as an enemy is dying, then continuing to take damage for a much longer period of time, it results in it being bugged?

All of these things could be easily tested, the GMs have proven they can edit the effects of items easily enough, they need to take this to sakray, make gear capable of testing each skill individually until they can confirm the issue, and after that, disable the item in question's use of the skill.

Second thought that comes to mind, is who the hell is running all these afk levelers? Some of them seem to respawn and return immediately upon death, but never say a word if spoken to, makes me wonder if there's a bot ensuring their return. Think about it, does any really question if an AFK leveler is there? How would the GMs be able to tell the difference between a bot set to maintain one of these afk characters and one owned by an actual player? Has anyone bothered to check any of the popular RMT sites? See if someone is selling a large number of high level characters?

Edited by ClickClickClick, 16 November 2018 - 11:35 AM.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:02 PM

Two thoughts..

The issue with Storm Gust has always been accepted as an enemy becoming frozen as it dies, causing an error with the server where it can't despawn after death as it's under a status effect. So the question is, if this line of thinking is correct, could Ring of Resonance's Venom Splasher, Tarot Card of Fate, or Quagmire be causing a similar issue where a dead enemy is status locked? Or, for that matter, what of Ring of Flame Lord's Lex Aeterna? Though, I don't see many afk levelers using ROFL.. Hell, does Lunar Rainbow's Water Ball work without Deluge or Water? Normally one only has access to level 5 Water Ball, could it be that with a level 10 Water Ball, as an enemy is dying, then continuing to take damage for a much longer period of time, it results in it being bugged?

All of these things could be easily tested, the GMs have proven they can edit the effects of items easily enough, they need to take this to sakray, make gear capable of testing each skill individually until they can confirm the issue, and after that, disable the item in question's use of the skill.

Second thought that comes to mind, is who the hell is running all these afk levelers? Some of them seem to respawn and return immediately upon death, but never say a word if spoken to, makes me wonder if there's a bot ensuring their return. Think about it, does any really question if an AFK leveler is there? How would the GMs be able to tell the difference between a bot set to maintain one of these afk characters and one owned by an actual player? Has anyone bothered to check any of the popular RMT sites? See if someone is selling a large number of high level characters?

Sent a PM to camp, and if he does that, the theory can be put to test easily next week.

#38 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

Bot check for "AFK" is pretty simple as long as it's set to reconnect quickly and that seems like it would be a vital feature. Similar to bot vend shops, they want the tedium of logging in and getting set up after a disconnect to be automated. ezpz:

-PM requesting a response

-If none, that's fine. d/c them.

-If they reconnect and still fail a PM response check, they bottin' fam.

#39 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

Bot check for "AFK" is pretty simple as long as it's set to reconnect quickly and that seems like it would be a vital feature. Similar to bot vend shops, they want the tedium of logging in and getting set up after a disconnect to be automated. ezpz:

-PM requesting a response

-If none, that's fine. d/c them.

-If they reconnect and still fail a PM response check, they bottin' fam.

So your suggestion is to punish any legit players trying to afk level? What happens when people decide that since they can't level, especially so in a legal method, because of staff harassment that they'll quit?

What you're suggesting would further hurt the player base, and last I checked, you all are under 1200 players.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 16 November 2018 - 12:58 PM.

#40 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

The point of AFK playing is that you are not at the keyboard, hence the name 'away from keyboard', so if a GM PMs you while you are AFK, by definition you cannot respond. 

#41 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:27 PM

i have sat afk leveling before, it is not fast nor does it pay off really, but it does work and i've never had players chastize or discriminate me for doing that (even in hunterfly map) so i have nothing against it, it has never bothered me, spawn counts have never been low, KSing has never been a huge problem except during AK week and the respawns is enough to not complain about the few between. anybody with a problem with this is just a spoiled brat who probably cheats in other ways and wants thier perfect little world to be owned by them.

i say do nothing.

#42 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:58 PM

Hi, let's stay on topic and drop the troll postings please.

#43 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

i have sat afk leveling before, it is not fast nor does it pay off really, but it does work and i've never had players chastize or discriminate me for doing that (even in hunterfly map) so i have nothing against it, it has never bothered me, spawn counts have never been low, KSing has never been a huge problem except during AK week and the respawns is enough to not complain about the few between. anybody with a problem with this is just a spoiled brat who probably cheats in other ways and wants thier perfect little world to be owned by them.

i say do nothing.

I dont wanna punish annyone i just whant play like i ever play on TI, Scaraba, Nogg, NCT etc.

its not about complaint, its about impact to player who play.

I'm not wrong, everything I'm talking about in this topic and the impact of having multiple AFK players on a map, it's not two or three when you go from 4 AFK people on a map to active players, we do have a negative impact.

and whoever plays knows that what I'm talking about is not a lie

the question and people and who are playing are being punished directly or indirectly for it.

I believe that maps where bounty boards are made are not places for AFK players.

now if you believe that this is pure complaint and it proves that you do not play, or are not playing. and in the end who is harrasment here its you calling me brat. without putting in the merit that its examples that you give it the theory of who is stopped in the map (away from the Keyboard), and are not playing the game. [Kittens]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 November 2018 - 02:27 AM.
Mod Edit: Let's stop there.

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

what the actual what

#45 Ostarion

Ostarion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

I think fixing the underlying problem is the best solution, getting rid of autocasting would be a monumental task, not only because of the classes that have skills related to them, but of the large number of cards and items that would need to be changed.

I also don't think its AFK autocasters holding mobs hostage since at this point autocasting is pretty effective at killing the monsters, especially in Low TI where monsters just don't have alot of hp.

I suppose its possible that it is the reflect damage causing the problem, since I don't think active playing generally uses reflective equipment, unless they are autocasting.

#46 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

So your suggestion is to punish any legit players trying to afk level? What happens when people decide that since they can't level, especially so in a legal method, because of staff harassment that they'll quit?

What you're suggesting would further hurt the player base, and last I checked, you all are under 1200 players.

the fact that afk ers holding a spot for 24/7 make it more eyesore than bot. in a way bot are more polite since they tele'd whenever u approach them.

have you manually level at orc dun? you cant get enough kill since every u tele'd theres afk in every corner holding the mob.

thats our future

What happens when people decide that since they can't level, especially so in a legal method ? 

what happens to newbie who want to level in party or solo. seeing that scenery where every corner filled with afk. noone talking, doesnt they discouraged by it ?

autocast is fine, you can always hitting mob with that. but afk leveling with that. is not

Edited by folkvangr, 16 November 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#47 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Words.

It's a valid method of leveling, implemented by the dev team regardless of if they had the foresight to realize what they were doing or not, and it's not breaking any of the rules. Only thing that needs to be complained about, or fixed, is that it's breaking spawns.

This is the exact same argument employed by people hating on afkemists "It's not fair to the rest of us!" "Think of the newbies!" Where's all this passion when people start talking about real problems, like bots? What about OCPs? Think of the newbies who see all this new OP gear you have to gamble for, and can't get anymore cause the box changed? How do you think that makes them feel? What about the WoE scene, cheats aside, it comes down to one or two major guilds stomping out any and all competition and ruining any chance anyone else has, that isn't fair, no newbie wants to get involved in that mess, where the passion for that?

All this is, is that people have found something else to collectively blame their problems on. This is the latest fad in tribal fetishism, let's all ignore the real issues and burn the witch!

#48 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

the problem is not only in beginners, veterans who want up quick like me, can not because? simple, has 10 ppl afk holding 80% of the map, many people have the capital to do the same, but i want up fast and do not want to stay months waiting autocast kill. :wah:  :wah:

Edited by digo666, 16 November 2018 - 06:12 PM.

#49 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:22 PM

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

the problem is not only in beginners, veterans who want up quick like me, can not because? simple, has 10 ppl afk holding 80% of the map, many people have the capital to do the same, but i want up fast and do not want to stay months waiting autocast kill. :wah:  :wah:

So KS them and quit bitching about it, you've already been given the okay to do so by Campitor, in this very same thread no less.

#50 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

So KS them and quit bitching about it, you've already been given the okay to do so by Campitor, in this very same thread no less.

I dont wanna make a tour of ks on AFK this is waste of my time when i leveling.

i dont wanna be here w8 side by side AFK KS him to exp  Campitor said that becouse he dont play, if he play like me he ill undesrtand that i am prety sure about it.

not to mention that the Campitor solution solves nothing

I am a new player here Click and its not good for me, you dont understand yet this are hold my leveling up every day, this are become my fun , unfunny. so whitout fun, i ill leave this game becouse players here dont have any value.

i wrong to want play this game normal like need to be? 

its not right a map whit 20 mobs walking, its not normal 5~10 players afk holding respawn, do you really whant us agree if it?

think about it

i whant play not stay there away.

Edited by Tommyindie, 16 November 2018 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users