AFK Auto Spell are HOLDING My Exp leveling time and Respawn. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AFK Auto Spell are HOLDING My Exp leveling time and Respawn.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#51 victorapolo

victorapolo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

I agree with boy! these afk players are the same as people who use bots! lazy to the point of neither thinking of the players and they put afks on all game maps that low level players getting boards, benefiting from the active players! please do something about it! I can not take it anymore!

#52 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:25 AM

This is the official stance in regarding AFK leveling:

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

By reading that, AFK leveling is endorsed, and is not a bannable offence. From what I see, the issue here is not about low spawn numbers anymore but on the community shifting to AFK leveling methods. If the game allows it, per rules and mechanics then there is nothing can be done than to gradually accept it.

If this to change, the game must be programmed in a way to auto boot AFK levelers. Though let's face it, it is unlikely to happen. So if you are kindly looking for immediate solutions, there are none other than what's been stated by the staff. Changes/fixes must come from kRO.

#53 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:21 AM

Cinnamon i open this post becouse have a consider number of afk, holding the time respown on maps.

the others members like Ashkel, clickclickclick, ostarion, scuba  came here to do random excuses and tryinfg do move the fact to another way, 

i made  very clear my point is about it and what are happens.

Edited by Tommyindie, 17 November 2018 - 03:44 AM.

#54 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:56 AM

" If you are not here to 100% agree and +1 me then you are against me and automatically wrong. Boooo get out"

Sorry, thats the only thing that comes across from your posts other than the OP.

#55 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:14 AM

cant even get the name right

#56 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:05 AM

wat?

I know it's pain in the *** , but let's live with it.

I have the map full mobs of scarabas/ said maps you prefer every 1 - 2 days after the maint (friday,Saturday, sometimes sunday still a lot of mobs too).

So that's the golden moment to leveling, farming, etc on said maps.

Just restart the server every 2 days. That'll fix the spawing problem temporally.

#57 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

Further derail and user call out will result in either account suspension or topic termination as appropriate.

This is a warning.

Posts have been removed.

#58 hamletadryk

hamletadryk

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:49 AM

I support this topic!! if only were like 1-2 afks? Ok, but you go to Nogg, Jup, (even ti sometimes bugg because of them?)

in every spot ... or another big Map like NCT spawn rates become -_-ty, slow leveling... and become hard for the ones to level?

It's literaly all leveling spots"

and guys please let's do not take the post focus ??? let's be more conscious......

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 November 2018 - 07:51 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed red/Bold. Red bold is for staff/mod warnings and notices only.

#59 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

Well, reading the topic and thinking like a IT guy, i can say:

Something with Auto Spell / Reflect is wrong, since i was playing i saw this. But Odin said to me leave this game before i got a heart attack. Well, its seems the server don't understand the mob was killed by reflect or something on autocast and don't spam another monster for replace this one.

Why you guys don't try check it? Just about rules don't help (well don't ks guys). Ragnarok is dead since Gravity don't give a good support for the players.

Just saying about "I'll ban hammer everyone" don't help on fix the problem.

And AFK guys, please, wait a moment, don't do it for now, wait the bug be fixed before start leveling again.

#60 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

We really just need to make the autocast skills do 10x damage as regular skills so afks don't hold the spawns as long. That will totally solve the problem.

#61 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

Nonono, we need to take all the auto casters... and push them over there.

#62 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

Nonono, we need to take all the auto casters... and push them over there.

make manhole great again  :pif:

#63 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

I still think people are just looking for someone to blame their problems on. You don't have to face reality, or take responsibility, when you have a witch to burn, right? Sadly, once you've burned enough witches, the settlement stops thriving, or in this case, the server stops being profitable, and then it dies out and everyone's forced to move on.

Really, I think what bothers me most about the world is that even if they burned that very last witch, only to find themselves alone, they'd still be in utter denial that they ever brought the problem on themselves.

#64 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

There are 3 solution for afk player:
-KS their mobs using your AOE skill
-make 2 consecutive weeks of full passive mobs on gramps.
-DIsable autocast effect on gramp maps.

No more discussion because even you add more mob or change map, afk player still play or increase if you add more mob.

If you think you could find win-win solution between manual player and afk player, you are certainly wrong.

Sacrifice are needed for changes.

#65 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

How do you differentiate AFK leveling and Bot leveling. Most of AFK levelers go back to the same places all the time. This reminds me how AHK is ok but Autopot is not but then I'm curious of how do you know that the person is sitting on their keyboard  :heh:

#66 ChickenAttack

ChickenAttack

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

from Ragnarok Online to AFK lvling Online now... RIP  :ani_swt3: 

#67 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:38 AM

Healthy Ragnarok > Active WoE/PVP > Normal Leveling Methods > AFK level > Population below 1200.

Not only do they know how to kill the most important aspect of the game (WoE). They're also good at killing PVM lol.

#68 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

How do you differentiate AFK leveling and Bot leveling. Most of AFK levelers go back to the same places all the time. This reminds me how AHK is ok but Autopot is not but then I'm curious of how do you know that the person is sitting on their keyboard  :heh:

AHK still requires manual input to be efficient, where as autopot is a set and forget tool that triggers based on the users remaining HP%. You could have ahk always running and pressing the potion button every so often but it would either be useless or a super waste of supplies depending on the situation. That is the difference between those two and why one is illegal and the other isn't.

Healthy Ragnarok > Active WoE/PVP > Normal Leveling Methods > AFK level > Population below 1200.

Not only do they know how to kill the most important aspect of the game (WoE). They're also good at killing PVM lol.

PVM isn't suffering because of autocasting, it is suffering from the fact that in game content is boring and OCP have made it so that there are only a small handful of items and mvp cards that are worth grinding, with most of the funds from these items literally being pulled to afford billion zeny price tag cash shop items.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 November 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#69 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

RIP MMORPG

#70 Tommyindie

Tommyindie

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:04 AM

RIP new players in the IRO, welcome to AFK bot land.

Edited by Tommyindie, 19 November 2018 - 09:27 AM.

#71 amaroguto

amaroguto

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

Every corner has an afk auto spell, it's shameful!

https://ibb.co/iHTYS0at point x, it is the afk right now.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 20 November 2018 - 07:06 AM.
Mod Edit: Replaced URL, please in future do not link or reference to RMS.

#72 darkking14

darkking14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Renewal chaos

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:17 AM

Haha its funny how this game significantly changed over these past few years from active leveling to afk leveling. BYE BYE "MMORPG" lol

#73 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:40 AM

PVM isn't suffering because of autocasting, it is suffering from the fact that in game content is boring and OCP have made it so that there are only a small handful of items and mvp cards that are worth grinding, with most of the funds from these items literally being pulled to afford billion zeny price tag cash shop items.

This is half the reason the game is dying. And the other half is due to being so far behind on updates.

And those that think autocast is the issue, really need to get a clue!

#74 3876130523183048277

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:10 AM

nvm

Edited by 3876130523183048277, 20 November 2018 - 08:28 AM.

#75 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:15 PM

Maybe I am missing something but I was in low ti last night and it felt pretty mobby to me. Didn't see alot of afk people either but maybe I just went at a good time?

Edited by hammie, 20 November 2018 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users