The servers are dying... - Page 11 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The servers are dying...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#251 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

How are new players going to play the game starting with 0 zeny?

1. +9 FAW 3.5B from 800m? I consider myself as a vet and I can barely afford that, and If was a new player, I would run so fast and never look back to this server. I would Usain the.... out of there very fast.
you could use eden gear. Depend on class you use.

2. +9 HBP 900m. How is the new player going to buy that, how long is it going to take them to grind to get that one item? ( I would quit before getting it)
you can create blacksmith for looting stuff

3. Straw berry 15k each?!!! I look at the price of that straw and I felt like wanting to bite the -_- out of it. You really think a newbie can afford that?

you can opt aloe or use sit skill

4. If you don't have the specific equipment which allow you to play the class you want then you can't play!!!!!!!!!!!! How ..... is the new player going to afford that? Cylinder for example is 1.1B? If I don't grind to get that 1.1B just to play gene then I should just quit right?!! Is that how it works?

5. Newbie often have to deal with HP/SP problem right? Don't ....worry you just need to grind from 0 zeny to 1B just to get +9 EDA no no no Not +10. We are talking about +9. How about another options? +9 Rideword hat 400m? Or do you have prefer +9 Vanargand which I don't even ..... know how much is it now in the market 1B? We are talking about 1 item not mentioning about other billions of zeny you need to get before the newbie is able to play the game properly.

gene can opt harvester hat, ranger can pick ahb, ab can choose shm

There you go, I play RO for this long and I don't even know Harvester Hat exist and I don't know blacksmith can use Greed LOL. If I don't know this then maybe a complete newbie might not know it as well? Is this just me or am I really just a newbie  :heh:

Edited by RogerKhan, 29 January 2019 - 05:52 PM.

#252 Cellac

Cellac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

There you go, I play RO for this long and I don't even know Harvester Hat exist and I don't know blacksmith can use Greed LOL. If I don't know this then maybe a complete newbie might not know it as well? Is this just me or am I really just a newbie  :heh:

Either that or people expect everything to be spoon fed to them. RO is a game with superb depth and extensive database, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know that. Either way these newbie guides are needed to attract and retain the new players.

People who complain about inflation often forgets that the root of the so-called economic issues we have in iRO is GREED. I'm not talking about the skill, but people's greed.

There are often cases where people are driving up the prices for no reason. Why? Simply because people want more for their money - they want their investment to grow in numbers. Many may times we have seen players hoarding items and reselling them with higher prices. And people seem to do this just because no one else is selling the item in ragial (just check the prices just after the server just got up).

This is economy 101, if people don't buy these overpriced items, the price should normally go down to meet the demand right? That is normally true, but because those vendors who drive up the prices are most likely veterans themselves with bazillion tons of zeny, they do NOT have any reason to lower the price down - after all they don't need the zeny, they have tons of it to last until the serve dies down. Problem is because 90% of those in the market are these kinds of veterans, the prices would not go down. If you are new to the market and see all these items with exorbitant prices, if you have one on your own to sell, you'd match those high prices - silly if you don't.

You only need to take one look in the market section to see how the rich veterans monopolise the market. People are asking ridiculous prices for items in there, getting a good deal is like finding a needle in haystack. Those who leave a chat "Leave Offer" in Eden are 90% of the time wouldn't reply unless your offer is higher than the average because they don't need the zeny - they are just looking to further enrich themselves.

tldr: The economy is stagnating - and the rich greedy players are partly to blame.

#253 deraen

deraen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Agree this game is too old for new player and many illegal issue for loyal player...

After all it is still the best game i ever play in computer and multiplayer...

Ragnarok never ever mean for easy play in term on leveling or earning zeny..

About: WOE/PVP simply bored, unbalance, issues over issues, dramas...

About: PVM 24h all mvp death, same as miniboss...exception for bio 3, 4, 5?

About: Vending nobody care about in game drops (weapon, armor, useless card, costume headgear)

About: Eden group used to be a place for recruiting guild/ low ti/ mid ti/ high ti (now: bunch of poo poo chat box)

About: Inflation, in game market system not reflecting as real life...theories not working....

About: Game guide at forum...Everything about end game gear.....completely irrelevant to new comer 

About: Community, no one is talking at prontera south/ no one helping/ 24h afk...lol

About: Playing together had shifted to forever soloed in everything

About: Chat tab spamming of bots per 2 mins, bots mail, bots website, bots...over bots...

What the best thing in game feature that customize  

-Novice first job change ( lucky I didn't need to do quest to job change) just pick any at academic...

-Janeway 2019

-Pirate event (shadow weapon/equipment drops)

-ODA

-Old times, year 2000 before appear of bounty board, Endless tower changes, Eden merit exchange reward system, Granny brown point,...

What the best suggestion: :p_omg:  :p_sad:  :ok: 

-Abolish job change quest from 2nd class to 3rd job

-Increase consume able drop rate to 100%

-Remain Janeway forever (wow.......)

-Recycle the overpriced equipment from OCP on monthly basis

#254 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Either that or people expect everything to be spoon fed to them. RO is a game with superb depth and extensive database, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know that. Either way these newbie guides are needed to attract and retain the new players.

People who complain about inflation often forgets that the root of the so-called economic issues we have in iRO is GREED. I'm not talking about the skill, but people's greed.

There are often cases where people are driving up the prices for no reason. Why? Simply because people want more for their money - they want their investment to grow in numbers. Many may times we have seen players hoarding items and reselling them with higher prices. And people seem to do this just because no one else is selling the item in ragial (just check the prices just after the server just got up).

This is economy 101, if people don't buy these overpriced items, the price should normally go down to meet the demand right? That is normally true, but because those vendors who drive up the prices are most likely veterans themselves with bazillion tons of zeny, they do NOT have any reason to lower the price down - after all they don't need the zeny, they have tons of it to last until the serve dies down. Problem is because 90% of those in the market are these kinds of veterans, the prices would not go down. If you are new to the market and see all these items with exorbitant prices, if you have one on your own to sell, you'd match those high prices - silly if you don't.

You only need to take one look in the market section to see how the rich veterans monopolise the market. People are asking ridiculous prices for items in there, getting a good deal is like finding a needle in haystack. Those who leave a chat "Leave Offer" in Eden are 90% of the time wouldn't reply unless your offer is higher than the average because they don't need the zeny - they are just looking to further enrich themselves.

tldr: The economy is stagnating - and the rich greedy players are partly to blame.

Nothing can solve this problem. Not a single zeny sinking event. It's like a never ending cycle that can't be solve. The only way I see that might work is taxing. Let's say you sell item that worth 3 billions zeny, you have to pay 10% tax which is 300m. This might discourage people to sell -_- at higher price than it's suppose to be. 

Tax veterans for 10% for each billion item they sell and 3% for newbie or none.

Edited by RogerKhan, 29 January 2019 - 08:07 PM.

#255 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Stop this assumption that veterans all have trillions of zeny piled up. I have like 5bil, every PvMer is richer than me. 

#256 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Stop this assumption that veterans all have trillions of zeny piled up. I have like 5bil, every PvMer is richer than me. 

I have 6B which is not that far from you lol. So yeah that 10% taxing method is completely against me. I have nothing to gain from that but if it's going to help attract new player then personally i'm willing to do it. Although not everyone think the same so at the end of a day it's not going to work unless everyone agree to this which is not possible. It's going to back to the same topic which is greed.

Edited by RogerKhan, 29 January 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#257 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Wealth has many different meanings in this game. Inflation is a thing, but it isn't solely tied to hoarders, it is also a result of duping. You can overcharge a Treasure Box for 186,000z to an NPC. If they were duping stacks of 12,000 or more, then that is 2,232,000,000z per duped stack. This gets injected into the game, traded around various players and now suddenly every has billions of zeny. So then people meet these expectations by raising prices. In the end this is all end game stuff that goes on, so a new player comes in and gets rattled by the figures and has little to no way of being able to compete so they give up or rmt or buy WPE and sell.

#258 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:45 PM

Gioia back in CLAB again might help to get people log in. It's like one of few things that worth farming. All other in-game things worth nothing as many people spam the alts to abuse the instances.

About OCPs, Camp, you're being generous. From my RoM experiences, their rare items have like 1%-2% and they're hard to get and extremely expensive. That's the point, it is a cash item. Not everyone is supposed to have it and they're not meant to be meta gears that everyone is expected to have.

I've played RoM for roughly 3 weeks, hitting level 85 now. Some inputs I would like to share which may help iRO.

1. Cash items should be account bound. This will solve duped OCPs. Players still can buy WPEs from other players (at their own risks) to make sure they actually get legit OCP items. In fact, I'd rather have this WPE gift system abolished. About in-game duped items, well ... as long as you have not come up with a fix, there is no cure for it. The best thing players can do is to farm things by themselves. This is the safest method.

2. RoM has a center market. Every time you sell items, you're taxed. This is a very good technique to drain zeny out from circulation. How do we do it in iRO? This is very very easy. First, fix zeny duping issue first. Ban bots. Ban dupers. Do whatever you have to do to stop zeny from massively being generated into economy. Once the duping zeny issue is solve, start an auction house (Raffle) and put new powerful OCP items that have never been in the server there. Make vets bid for items. If you dont like? Tax every character zeny 1% every month until zeny in circulation is back to a safe level. Like in real world, the rich pays higher taxes than the poor.

3. iRO doesnt have good PvM achievements to keep players engaged in game. The last end-game goal is WoE. Try banning cheaters. Watch my videos and you may see some. Now instead of putting Gioia for PvM players to farm because you dont WoE, make WoE fun and appareling to get new players to try out voluntarily. Rewards must be good. Give out new OCPs as rewards as an alternatives for players who wish to not spend money in game. Give out MvP cards as an alternative for players who dont enjoy killing stupid alts but rather kill other players in WoE. PvM players win. WoE players win. Game wins.

4. Make a thread/topic for vets to register as mentors. A basic requirement is must have 5 level 175 characters of different classes and have played iRO over one year. Mentors will play with new players and walk new players through the game. Cute headgears will be given out to mentors at a random chance, based on students' reviews and achievements.

Also for people who accusing of vets having trillions zeny .... guess what? You're right rolf. I used to have over trillions zeny and I had not really farmed anything in game. The only times I did instances was to collect data for my RG videos and it was for new RG players  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Meanwhile, me in RoM is like ...

Edited by nyyaan, 29 January 2019 - 08:46 PM.

#259 Cellac

Cellac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

Not all veterans are swimming in zeny. But those who manipulate and play the market has. Even if you don't have trillions of zeny - the effects of these select manipulators are felt by everyone. When you see someone selling a +9 Heroic Backpack for 900m - why would you sell it for the previous average of 650m? I suppose in my previous post I want to highlight this consequence.

Clearly the duping issues has injected massive amount of zeny in the market but I can only speculate these dupers are eventually suspended (and took their duped and hoarded items down with them). Knowing these inflated prices, how many of you, for example, are willing to sell Immortal Dog Tag for 3b instead of the current 6b asking price? This is only a natural consequence of the economy and we all unwillingly contribute to the inflation... It just gets amplified by several players who in the last decade or so, have accumulated enough resources to last until the cows go home.

#260 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

Gioia back in CLAB again might help to get people log in. It's like one of few things that worth farming. All other in-game things worth nothing as many people spam the alts to abuse the instances.

About OCPs, Camp, you're being generous. From my RoM experiences, their rare items have like 1%-2% and they're hard to get and extremely expensive. That's the point, it is a cash item. Not everyone is supposed to have it and they're not meant to be meta gears that everyone is expected to have.

I've played RoM for roughly 3 weeks, hitting level 85 now. Some inputs I would like to share which may help iRO.

1. Cash items should be account bound. This will solve duped OCPs. Players still can buy WPEs from other players (at their own risks) to make sure they actually get legit OCP items. In fact, I'd rather have this WPE gift system abolished. About in-game duped items, well ... as long as you have not come up with a fix, there is no cure for it. The best thing players can do is to farm things by themselves. This is the safest method.

2. RoM has a center market. Every time you sell items, you're taxed. This is a very good technique to drain zeny out from circulation. How do we do it in iRO? This is very very easy. First, fix zeny duping issue first. Ban bots. Ban dupers. Do whatever you have to do to stop zeny from massively being generated into economy. Once the duping zeny issue is solve, start an auction house (Raffle) and put new powerful OCP items that have never been in the server there. Make vets bid for items. If you dont like? Tax every character zeny 1% every month until zeny in circulation is back to a safe level. Like in real world, the rich pays higher taxes than the poor.

3. iRO doesnt have good PvM achievements to keep players engaged in game. The last end-game goal is WoE. Try banning cheaters. Watch my videos and you may see some. Now instead of putting Gioia for PvM players to farm because you dont WoE, make WoE fun and appareling to get new players to try out voluntarily. Rewards must be good. Give out new OCPs as rewards as an alternatives for players who wish to not spend money in game. Give out MvP cards as an alternative for players who dont enjoy killing stupid alts but rather kill other players in WoE. PvM players win. WoE players win. Game wins.

4. Make a thread/topic for vets to register as mentors. A basic requirement is must have 5 level 175 characters of different classes and have played iRO over one year. Mentors will play with new players and walk new players through the game. Cute headgears will be given out to mentors at a random chance, based on students' reviews and achievements.

Also for people who accusing of vets having trillions zeny .... guess what? You're right rolf. I used to have over trillions zeny and I had not really farmed anything in game. The only times I did instances was to collect data for my RG videos and it was for new RG players  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Meanwhile, me in RoM is like ...

MVP cards should be exclusive PVM rewards. Just sayin.

#261 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

MVP cards should be exclusive PVM rewards. Just sayin.

But WoE rewards are not exclusive WoE rewards. That's strange :D

#262 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

But WoE rewards are not exclusive WoE rewards. That's strange :D

Sure they are. God items only come from WoE.

#263 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Sure they are. God items only come from WoE.

Put the best WoE rewards in PvM, so to keep a consistency and a better fair game for everyone, the best PvM rewards should also be available in WoE. Who still wants gods except Meg? :D

#264 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Put the best WoE rewards in PvM, so to keep a consistency and a better fair game for everyone, the best PvM rewards should also be available in WoE. Who still wants gods except Meg? :D

It's the fault of everyone who purchased OCP boxes that gods have become for the most part -_-. Same thing can be said about most PVM items.

WoE is WoE, PvM is PvM.

#265 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

The silliest idea made by WP is the fact that they decided not to do what jRO does which is to put MVP cards in OCP for 0.01 drop rate. Instead the dupers are making all the money that WP could have. Now iRO has more MVP cards in a population of 1.5k than both twRO and jRO combined and both of these servers have MVP cards in cash shop boxes rolf. 

#266 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

It's the fault of everyone who purchased OCP boxes that gods have become for the most part -_-. Same thing can be said about most PVM items.

WoE is WoE, PvM is PvM.

Aha WoE is WoE and PvM is PvM, that's why WoE MvP was put in PvM .... lol

#267 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

The silliest idea made by WP is the fact that they decided not to do what jRO does which is to put MVP cards in OCP for 0.01 drop rate. Instead the dupers are making all the money that WP could have. Now iRO has more MVP cards in a population of 1.5k than both twRO and jRO combined and both of these servers have MVP cards in cash shop boxes rolf. 

You freaking blew it up. Now I cant talk seriously with Nirva anymore ... holy lols. Dude, I'm trying. Stop!

#268 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

Aha WoE is WoE and PvM is PvM, that's why WoE MvP was put in PvM .... lol

WoE gives access for 97% of the year. The other 3% is Santa. Once inside, PvM is PvM, though it does have PvP in there too /hmm

#269 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

WoE gives access for 97% of the year. The other 3% is Santa. Once inside, PvM is PvM, though it does have PvP in there too /hmm

That's exactly why after years of farming in WoE (97%, only 1 card dropped. While one week of Santa (3%) already dropped 3 confirmed cards :D

#270 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

That's exactly why after years of farming in WoE (97%, only 1 card dropped. While one week of Santa (3%) already dropped 3 confirmed cards :D

It's like BBs and CLAB and natural spawns.

And Rng.

And drop events.

And more rng.

#271 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

It's like BBs and CLAB and natural spawns.

And Rng.

And drop events.

And more rng.

Yes it was RNG, for sure. The different was when putting WoE reward in PvM, it was exploited by million alts. As a result, 1 card from years of farming from a natural spawn vs 3 confirmed cards from alt spamming for one week :D

#272 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

It's like the server didn't have enough MVP cards, so WP thought: "Let's put in these new events where everyone can get MVP cards, that way no one will complain about Dupes/RMTs because everyone will have it anyways." 

#273 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

It's more like when you went back to WoE 2 and ... look at what you did ... #Choobs. Wasnt WoE TE boring enough.

#274 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Yes it was RNG, for sure. The different was when putting WoE reward in PvM, it was exploited by million alts. As a result, 1 card from years of farming from a natural spawn vs 3 confirmed cards from alt spamming for one week :D

But HoA access has always been a thing in Christmas.

#275 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

But HoA access has always been a thing in Christmas.

Except MvP there doesnt show up every 10 minute like it did in Xmas event :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users