July 2nd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 10 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 2nd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#226 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

Restart TI maps please? When? Thanks

#227 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

First of all the term is Auto-Cast not "autospell", Secondly if a person understands game mechanics and has the money to provide for it than there is nothing wrong with it and its following policy. So just because you may not understand it doesn't mean you need to be scared of it and or resort to complaining.

Please try to keep in mind that the "Freedom" Ragnarok provides its users is something that all of us can appreciate as I have since beta in this game. Each person can level however they want rather its a Dagger or a Spear or Hands as long as they are not violating policy.

Taking a monster that has already targeted another player and killing it is against T&A unless its a MVP than its FFA ( Free For All ). So rather the player is using a dagger or Spell or Auto-Casting should not concern you.

Source:

https://forums.warpp...and-guidelines/

Please kindly look at line 6 under "Adventuring"

then you can be held accountable for making RO less appealing, continuing something that others find distressing. the thing with it is that some of us want to improve our current state, and your tiny brain cannot comprehend how this is damaging us.

we are tied in between peoples preferences which causes divisions among ro players making them engage in other communities, and if you continue to push for something that's obviously bad with a very mediocre answer then i guess you can continue doing you and living your life under a rock, because you're presence and inputs aren't helping in a forum where we should be talking about things we can decide on 'meeting in between' with other people that is part of the community.

#228 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

then you can be held accountable for making RO less appealing, continuing something that others find distressing. the thing with it is that some of us want to improve our current state, and your tiny brain cannot comprehend how this is damaging us.

we are tied in between peoples preferences which causes divisions among ro players making them engage in other communities, and if you continue to push for something that's obviously bad with a very mediocre answer then i guess you can continue doing you and living your life under a rock, because you're presence and inputs aren't helping in a forum where we should be talking about things we can decide on 'meeting in between' with other people that is part of the community.

Dont blame him. Blame Warpportal. They can easily stop AFK levelling but they choose not to. In fact, most people probably dont care and already moved to new communities. I'm here for lols after Xmas event lol

#229 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 06 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

Just went to high TI and there is no way there could be any more then 15-20 of each of the target monsters on the map and that is probably going to hit single digits by Monday or Tuesday. You guys really need to stop dragging your asses as usual and address the problem already. This has been an ongoing problem for what? a year? and all you have done is apply a band-aid that didn't work and hint at a possible solution and we are still here waiting for ANYTHING to be done. Either break that stupid promise to not nerf lootbox items and nerf the reflect set items or nerf the RoR to not cast tarot card, or disable tarot in TI maps, just do something. Why do you guys wait until the problem reaches critical levels to do what any other company would have taken care of within a few weeks at most? Don't give me that "we're waiting on the studio" BS, because we all know that's a crock. One loot box item is missing a slight bonus and that is fixed within days. Sure the people who bought those items payed you money for those items, but there are also people who are paying money for VIP who are getting screwed out of one of their VIP benefits because unless those people are your personal friends or people who spend obscene amounts of money on your game you don't care.

#230 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:02 PM

They can always check and see what these afk levelers’ items have that makes those mobs disappear on map forever. But they never did. Disable advanced ror for a week and see if that’s the issue. If not, enable again then check another item. Repeat.

#231 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:38 PM

no need to test tbh, just look at Low TI and High TI, the first one doesn't/less have afk leveler the second one with at least 5 afk levelers there is huge number of monster different

#232 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:56 AM

Among the community there is a strong belief that low spawn is tied to AFK leveling, again, this has not been proven nor tested so let's not get ahead of ourselves with the uneducated suggestions. I understand that AFK leveling has a poor reputation but at this moment we can't blame it for the map not wanting to respawn mobs. Tests need to be done first then staff can move from there with disabling things and what's not.

You can of course exploit game mechanics to achieve an unfair advantage. Doesnt always make it ok to do. For example, things that automate play are illegal, autocast automates play "legitimately". there is an immediate and obvious gray area.

If a player is exploiting game mechanics at the detriment of other players that activity can be illegal. Sometimes these abuses need to be disabled. For example, Ice Wall is disabled on most maps, same with most Shadow Chaser ground skills. Certain items are disabled in WoE, some items are disabled outside of WoE. The game has constantly adjusted for abuse of mechanics and exploits that are perfectly within the core game mechanics.

If a player is hoarding large mobs and not taking any offensive actions against them, that is considered mob training, which is also ill-mannered behavior. Again, there is an immediate and obvious gray area. Are they mob training? Are you KSing? Which is worse? Idle characters that are not moving, engaging the enemy without using a keyboard / mouse do not qualify as taking offensive action. Therefore there is a strong case to be made for afking to be either disabled, illegal, or FFA. In fact, Campitor has already stated that if they are hoarding monsters they are FFA. So that isn't even an argument to be made.

In no mod voice,

I very much like and support this analogy.

If an activity conducted in game and within what the game allows (per rules) is causing grief, distress to the players normal gaming activity and map's environment, then the staff are ought to re-look into the phenomena and invoke changes. Few years back, leveling while being strictly AFK through gears that grant auto casting was extremely rare and unique. But even then, the activity was frowned upon from a player PoV. Now you will encounter the activity in major high end dungeons and fields, even certain instances. It is extremely sad to see this become a common activity in game, is this how you play RO these days? By not playing? 

#233 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:21 AM

Cinnamon I just realized your avatar is moving. anyway they should promote you as their staff. I am very grateful you still discuss with us even the staff doesn't.

#234 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

Among the community there is a strong belief that low spawn is tied to AFK leveling, again, this has not been proven nor tested so let's not get ahead of ourselves with the uneducated suggestions. I understand that AFK leveling has a poor reputation but at this moment we can't blame it for the map not wanting to respawn mobs. Tests need to be done first then staff can move from there with disabling things and what's not.

In no mod voice,

I very much like and support this analogy.

If an activity conducted in game and within what the game allows (per rules) is causing grief, distress to the players normal gaming activity and map's environment, then the staff are ought to re-look into the phenomena and invoke changes. Few years back, leveling while being strictly AFK through gears that grant auto casting was extremely rare and unique. But even then, the activity was frowned upon from a player PoV. Now you will encounter the activity in major high end dungeons and fields, even certain instances. It is extremely sad to see this become a common activity in game, is this how you play RO these days? By not playing? 

[Kittens]  I think you and Scuba prefer soft approaches like ... oh ... lets talk nicely to them and hope they will stop ruining the game. Isnt that cute?

"It is extremely sad to see this become a common activity in game, is this how you play RO these days? By not playing?" ... Yes! That's what Warpportal wants, doesnt it? If they didnt like it this way, they'd fix the issue long time ago. No? ... Also, where are our new OCPs?  :heh:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 July 2019 - 11:57 AM.
Mod Edit: For moderation actions, contact the CM.

#235 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:43 PM

Anyways, when u guys will restart the low and high ti respawn? This can only be used for afk levelers, for players is really uninhabitable.

I was doing my counts and give up, 15 mins for kill 100 monsters, rushing. lol

#236 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:31 AM

still no official statement?

#237 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:33 AM

still no official statement?

It is 2 AM, there will be none till it's office hours.

#238 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:02 AM

It is 2 AM, there will be none till it's office hours.

I am sorry Cinnamon, in my country already monday and evening.

Assuming you can reply at this hour, I predict you are not came from usa, right?

#239 PAIN777

PAIN777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:40 AM

Are we not gonna have any new sakray ocp testing ? Because if not it feels like a rip off considered that these are loot boxes that has mostly recycled items from previous ocp. So as you gamble to get the rarest item it’ll just turn out not as rare anymore since the server has plenty of it already.

#240 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:00 AM

people are talking about this for mounths. 
We r losing vip time until this be fixed.

TI doenst work anymore, it's the true.

#241 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

Are we not gonna have any new sakray ocp testing ? Because if not it feels like a rip off considered that these are loot boxes that has mostly recycled items from previous ocp. So as you gamble to get the rarest item it’ll just turn out not as rare anymore since the server has plenty of it already.

There is an issue that need more attention and need to fix soon than ocp sakray : low spawn rate problem in TI and other maps. Seriously? have been a year and still not resolved yet.

#242 PAIN777

PAIN777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 July 2019 - 04:59 AM

There is an issue that need more attention and need to fix soon than ocp sakray : low spawn rate problem in TI and other maps. Seriously? have been a year and still not resolved yet.

That is true although, OCP's actually benefits the players and supports the server which is a constant thing that happens every month. Pressing matters like bugged TI's and other maps is a concern but that doesn't stop players to level in some sort of way and as stated from other post that they haven't even tested anything to fix that issue. So, dont get me wrong, I do agree with you but having a better gear for leveling can get players to come up with a way to level in some other maps while the issue with bugged ti is being looked into and hopefully in the process of being fixed.

#243 hamster

hamster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1090 posts
  • Twitter:hamstereclipse
  • LocationTAMPA, FL
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

did ya'll turn down the amount of mob's in High Turn-In?

#244 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:25 AM

Please just restart the High TI map before this week's maintenance, this is just so frustrating.

I didn't even manage to get my hands on that Rockstep card yet, the market is being so toxic.

#245 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:59 AM

yeah high ti is ridiculously empty. please reset the map before maint.

#246 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

The news is, afk players opening chat with "KS is violate of rules".

Bug respawn ins't too? :/

They didn't even move a cell and think they r playing???????

Lazy ppl!

#247 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:16 AM

except they dont open a chat if they are going to afk there.

in fact if you are going to leave your character afk, you couldnt care less about what at all is going to happen to the character :v

#248 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:42 AM

The news is, afk players opening chat with "KS is violate of rules".

Bug respawn ins't too? :/

They didn't even move a cell and think they r playing???????

Lazy ppl!

Just because they say its violation of the rules doesnt mean anything, AFK levelers are not protected by KS policy and you will not be punished by KSing afk levelers unless you mistake one active leveler to be AFK leveler. Do what you want with it, theres nothing that can stop you.

#249 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

I already complained a lot and had nothing more useful to chime in on TI situation except that if you're level 140 and wanted to level, Verus is a very good alternative too. Pretty good exp from the turning in the daily quest with bmx3+vip. https://irowiki.org/...hantasmagorika!  Note that the entrance/access quest is kinda long winded, but still okay compares to nameless island quest.

#250 diogoriskalla

diogoriskalla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

I already complained a lot and had nothing more useful to chime in on TI situation except that if you're level 140 and wanted to level, Verus is a very good alternative too. Pretty good exp from the turning in the daily quest with bmx3+vip. https://irowiki.org/...hantasmagorika!  Note that the entrance/access quest is kinda long winded, but still okay compares to nameless island quest.

I suppose this week people got more annoyed than normal because they had the chance to get some profits from rock steps (or even aunoe), but not anyone can play right after the maintenance, or the day after, when they did log in to do their things, there were no mobs anymore, usually I don't feel like high t.i is that good for 140~150 anyway, unless they do put mobs like angra mantis, necromancer, etc... Rock steps in fact give pretty much the same exp as venatus, and juperos have almost same mob counts as normal respawn T.I. Anyway, you're right, Verus is actually even a good option to NCT, at the end of the week even NCT gets it's mob count decreased, not as much as turn ins tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users