Tool Dealers from Prontera, Geffen, and Alberta gathered in Prontera's tavern to lament their recent hardships.
"I've been running low on monster materials to offer locals since the adventurers haven't been selling much to me," cries the Prontera Tool Dealer.
"Yeah, and there's so many more monsters roaming about since Satan Morocc broke free," adds the Geffen Tool Dealer.
"Why don't you guys offer bounties for those monsters and loots?" wonders the Alberta Tool Dealer.
"Bounties?" repeats the Prontera Tool Dealer.
"Yeah, we've been doing it for years," continues the Alberta Tool Dealer. "Why, just the other day, we had a Rune Knight and Soul Linker come in with a massive Faceworm tooth. And they took care of the Faceworm Queen, too. Haven't had a problem traveling through Payon Forest since."
"That's ingenious," exclaims the Geffen Tool Dealer. "I'd love to be able to travel between here and Geffen with less monsters to deal with."
"I've got quite a few monsters in mind for my bounty ads," says the Prontera Tool Dealer thoughtfully.
The Alberta Tool Dealer helps the Prontera and Geffen Tool Dealers compile their bounty boards, selecting monsters that have been most problematic in each area and deciding on a Zeny rate to reward the adventurers. Once word got out about their project, other Tool Dealers in towns across Midgard hop onto the idea and open their own bounty boards. (Rumor has it that Lighthalzen's Tool Dealer may have some connection to a mysterious organization, hence their odd bounty requests.) Soon every Tool Dealer in Midgard, Jotunheim, and even Alfheim had regional bounty boards to entice adventurers from all over.
How it Works
- Bounty Boards will usually be found near a town's tool shop. However, there are some Tool Dealers that have decided to set up their boards elsewhere in their respective towns and cities. Consider the lore of a town to figure out where the Tool Dealer's Bounty Boards will be.
- Boards are separated in tiers of 20ish levels to fit with the 15-level restriction for EXP earnings in a party.
- You can only accept quests from Bounty Boards that you are within the level range of. However, if you level past the level range after hunting your chosen monsters, you will still be able to turn your kills in to the board you accepted it from.
- You will be paid 100 Zeny x Monster Level for each monster you turn in. The economy hasn't been going so well for Tool Dealers.
- Eden Merit Badges (EMBs) will be rewarded upon every 4th turn in, regardless of the monster chosen. So if you choose to hunt the same monster 4 times in a row, you will get an EMB.
- Complete 1 Bounty Board quest in each town on one character (Prontera, Geffen, Morocc, Alberta, Payon, Izlude, Comodo, Aldebaran, Lutie, Umbala, Niflheim, Juno, Einbroch, Lighthalzen, Verus, Hugel, Rachel, Veins, Malangdo, Lasagna, Mora, Splendide, Eclage, Manuk, El Dicastes)
- Create a party of at least 3 members and complete 1 Bounty Board quest in each town.
- Any party member that dies must be kicked from the party. (Party Leader is exempted.) Resurrection is obviously banned for the challenge.
- Challenge ends when the Party Leader is the only one left alive, or when Bounty Board quests from at least 9 towns have been completed.
- You may not invite more party members for the duration of the challenge.
- You may not use Kafra teleport, Warp Portal, or any other teleportation convenience to travel from town to town. Exceptions are ship and airship travels.
- Cash shop gears are banned. All gear used must be acquired in-game.
Fellowship Hall of Fame