Help with lv.109 Gene (Returning player) - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help with lv.109 Gene (Returning player)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:38 AM

Hello! This is my first post in like, 4 years or so.

I haven't played since 2015, maybe 2016 and basically I've forgotten everything a lot and I can't remember what I was supposed to do with my Gene. I have been reading both the iRO wiki for Geneticist and several threads here at the forums, especially on stat builds, but most of them list what would be the final stats for a max level character (is that 175 now? used to be 150) and I'm kind of lost about which stats to prioritise.

Can you guys help me? If I've understood correctly, the build depends a lot on equipment and how you're planning to level so here's the data:

Level 109/20
My homunculus is a lv 123 Sera
I would like to be leveling with Cart Cannon. I don't have tons of zeny for AB or new gear.

Gear
(Note: I'm not really planning on buying new stuff. That would mean a lot of research and I would just like to play casually, not spend many hours a day in the game like I used to. I'm not that young anymore lol)
(Note 2: The gene is supposed to share the wings and crap with my Sorcerer which is supposed to be my main? lol)

+9 Witch Pumpkin Hat
Alarm Mask

+9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Night Sieger (Red)
+5 Excellent Round Buckler

+9 Immune Fallen Angel Wings (Spell 7,6,6)
(there's a +7 Immune HBP available too)

+4 Enhanced Variant Shoes (these shoes seem to have an empty slot)

Str Glove and Green Apple Ring

So I tested the Gene last night and found him weak, so I researched a bit and found INT was key in the CC formula so I reseted him (with the harlequin juggler npc) and gave him 120 INT/40 DEX before giving up and saying "ARGHHHH THIS IS TOO MUCH INFO I'M TOO DRUNK FOR THIS  I NEED FORUM HELP" and calling it a day  :heh: 

Basically I'm kind of ovewhelmed by all the stuff I used to know but then forgot in the long 4 year break.
Thank you if you can help me and if not, thank you for reading! :p_smile: 

#2 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:43 AM

If you can afford it get a harvest hat or cylinder headband. Should help a lot.

#3 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:22 PM

Just recently this was asked here 
https://forums.warpp...ame-since-2012/

The short version is get 120 int like you have since that will combo with all the gear you'll eventually get and also directly impacts CC's damage formula. If you get the upper headgear mentioned by hammie, the harvester hat is like 20m or something if you check ragial.org, you'll be able to avoid getting dex and instead get Str and Vit. Ideally want at least 90 of each Str/Vit.

Notes for gear other than the hat, there is a newer option for your current weapon that gives the ability to enchant it. So try your luck and hopefully can get Expert Archer enchant. Twin Edge (Red) with EA6 is the best weapon for Gen at the moment. 

Other huge improvements for gear will be either 2x Sapphire Wrists or even better can use 2x Chemical Gloves for accessories. 

With you changing your hat you might want to get a Toy Syringe and buy condensed white pots from the investment NPC and use that for healing.

Everything else gear wise will start running into the billions but all of those should be fairly affordable and were formerly BiS and as such will absolutely add a huge chunk of DPS.

#4 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

When you get 120 you can either buy Thanatos Hammer or hunt for one. i personally love mine. Saves you on pots and does pretty damn good damage. 

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Ghost_Palace

Edited by hammie, 10 November 2019 - 03:00 PM.

#5 Dreamo

Dreamo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

hey man, been there earlier.. they helped me in my post for ideas on how to go on with..

if you have around 20~30m zenny, that should help you with the harvester hat..

1. go and reset your stats for 120 int, then pump your vit till 90 and str the rest. int affect highly with cart cannons.

2. buy that harvester hat.. they cost around 15m these days.. get it once you see it selling online

3. get holy cannonballs, trust me.. theyre the best in nogg lvl 2..

4. farm in nogg lvl 2, or go mid TI.. you should be able to reach around 40~60k damage with the right mobs and only using holy cannonballs..

since your weapon is already good to go, i bet you just need the hat atm.. and i doubt getting harvester hat would be a problem on your current eq..

i did my time in nogg lvl 2 from 103~120.. to only noticed that there were loli ruri TI of which i can easily hit with holy cannonballs... currently i'm in high TI with the mobs there.. needed to hit like 2~3 CC to the mobs to kill em, but its pretty good..

the thanatos hammer as mentioned hammie is totally a good weapon.. equipped with it, you'll be saving so much on pots.. i spent less pots in TI with huge amount of mobs.. manage to get like 10~20% exp within 10~20 mins with good tanking ability..

hope you'll able to do so..

#6 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

Since you are leveling Gene using CC build, Harvester Hat is a must have, especially that you don't have a Phen accessory and it's a must have item for no cast CC and it's very cheap (only at least 10m and max of 20m in my server), and it's so cheap that there might be a player somewhere that will give you that for free. And also because you are still level 109, I prefer to balance out STR, VIT, and INT for now with STR have to be exactly 80 or 90 because of the garments you used (HBP and FAW). As for the stats, you can ignore this but this is my preferred stats if you now have Harvester Hat: 90 STR, 80+ VIT, 90 INT. If you have a Phen Carded carded instead, I prefer this: 90 STR, 90 DEX, 80 INT, VIT leftovers.

And also, there's a refine event that will upgrade your gears using only those presents dropped from monsters (especially your +7 HBP).

As for the others, you can casually go to Sarah's Memory for instant 100k-500k zeny in 1 instance run for selling all those expensive loots there and will only take about 15-30 minutes to finish the instance. It's even better if you use HBP for Greed purposes.

PS: Your weapon is one of the best endgame item for gene right now, just behind +15 crimson mace by a small difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users