December 6th Renewal Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 6th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#76 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

server is up, just logged in :ok:

#77 PelySux

PelySux

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

my homunculus is still awkward

#78 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Quite a few people speaking up about santa costing multiple gifts for resets or the Santa's Gift.

I think in the past we had gotten free resets for skills and stats from Santa before, is there a reason why these have to cost? 

Before we get into the whole "it's only 20 gifts, etc anyone who needs a reset will kill them efficiently" it is more about the decision to make there be a cost when previous events gave out some stuff for free. if the Santa freebies are something that sell in the market and can bring about saturation, I understand, but if they are things like tames or cheap consumables that anyone can use (and won't have a huge impact on the market) Why not just let it be free?

There are already multiple posts from players unhappy with the decision, everytime I logged onto iRO this week I saw the numbers be in the 900s. Additionally with the sudden change, and yes it was sudden, in pushing the server suspension to December 13th had already left people with plans to not play after today. People are already gone and some come back to post that they won't come back even if there is a re-opening.

All of this is meant to point our attention to the facts that the announcement for December 6th had a huge impact and even announcing that server is going down December 13th hasn't brought back many players. we were still sitting at 900 this morning 8 AM GMT-8. Furthermore with WoE being frozen, there is no incentive to log in if that is what encouraged players to get on.

I strongly suggest to give it some extra thought. Not sure how much of an impact it will have but I think it would be good to keep the current playerbase that is still staying here despite the change in dates happy. I think that would at least give them the notion of a Merry Christmas this season before the 2 month maintenance.

thanks

Unfortunately from last year there was a pattern of massive abuse for characters that seem to exist solely to claim prizes. We don't mind giving away free things but we needed a system to ensure that these are real characters claiming the prize and not ones solely logged into to claim free ores and burn them on refinement. We can't lock down every single equipment so ensuring there is a task associated with the claim was our best way to make sure characters that people really play are claiming the items. Our intention is not to pull the rug out from under people but rather to preserve the event so that it can continue to be offered.

We chose the cost because its the same as Jakk's Daily refine attempt and users get 6 free enriched refine attempts out of it in addition to the consumable items.

Server is open.

#79 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

I'm getting kicked out of the Hall of Abyss dungeon. what's wrong Santa Campitor senpai?

#80 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

I'm getting kicked out of the Hall of Abyss dungeon. what's wrong Santa Campitor senpai?

.. ah

I think I know let me fix

#81 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

nothing happen to homun.. still akward

#82 Sivakorn

Sivakorn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

Me too... (T_T)

#83 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

kinda lag or its just me ?

p.s: me too my homunculus still awkward

Edited by ad0l, 06 December 2019 - 05:28 PM.

#84 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

Prontera just hiccuped for some strange reason looking at that and abyss

#85 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:32 PM

You're supposed to feed the homun to make it loyal after the event edit. If its still awkward then report it.

#86 PAIN777

PAIN777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

homun loyalty is still awkward ....

#87 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:36 PM

If your loyalty was not set we will set it during the hiatus or if you need it set this next week submit a ticket and we will get it done.

Hall of Abyss is fixed.

#88 macdaddy1

macdaddy1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

Campitor  you can doo eeet    purification stone    break gonna be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo   looooooooooooooooooooooooooong..        

Show us some good faith for our hard earned money over the years....

#89 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

im gonna make a ticket , i hope this will done right away....is record is suffice for this sir camp ?

Edited by ad0l, 06 December 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#90 AceDT

AceDT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

If your loyalty was not set we will set it during the hiatus or if you need it set this next week submit a ticket and we will get it done.

Hall of Abyss is fixed.

Thor HoA is not yet fixed.

#91 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Sounds like he forgot thor and did it on chaos

#92 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

I did the setting on Thor let me double check real quick

#93 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:55 PM

nothing happen to homun.. still akward

kinda lag or its just me ?

p.s: me too my homunculus still awkward

homun loyalty is still awkward ....

Please make sure of all of the following:

• The homun must have been created BEFORE this maintenance.
  • You need to feed the homun once or twice to kick in the effect.

If it doesn't apply to your case then, yes, submit a ticket as instructed by Campitor.

#94 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Thor should be fixed.

#95 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

it was awkward state before maintenance so yes i make a ticket now with record...

#96 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

Unfortunately from last year there was a pattern of massive abuse for characters that seem to exist solely to claim prizes. We don't mind giving away free things but we needed a system to ensure that these are real characters claiming the prize and not ones solely logged into to claim free ores and burn them on refinement. We can't lock down every single equipment so ensuring there is a task associated with the claim was our best way to make sure characters that people really play are claiming the items. Our intention is not to pull the rug out from under people but rather to preserve the event so that it can continue to be offered.

We chose the cost because its the same as Jakk's Daily refine attempt and users get 6 free enriched refine attempts out of it in addition to the consumable items.

Server is open.

You know, I went to see Santa in Prontera and chose the items:

unknown.png

If we need to collect 50 gifts and give them to Santa to get these, then I think this makes sense.

I may have missed it, but I had no idea Santa was gonna give out these things, they are well worth the 50 Gift Boxes. Everything makes sense now. Thanks for your response.

#97 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

pretty sure that the loyalty event didn't happen at all since 5 of my homun wasn't loyal before maint and still aren't loyal now.   Guess i'll send a ticket in for them...

#98 Sivakorn

Sivakorn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Please make sure of all of the following:

• The homun must have been created BEFORE this maintenance.
  • You need to feed the homun once or twice to kick in the effect.

If it doesn't apply to your case then, yes, submit a ticket as instructed by Campitor.

Yes My Homun created BEFORE this maintenance

Yes I feed the homun once or twice already

Me and my friend is same thing homun is same intimacy like yesterday before maintenance

#99 Sivakorn

Sivakorn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

pretty sure that the loyalty event didn't happen at all since 5 of my homun wasn't loyal before maint and still aren't loyal now.   Guess i'll send a ticket in for them...

Yep Same to me

Me and my friend all 9 homun is still same yesterday before maintenance close

#100 skulper345

skulper345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Server is open.

Well I don't play much at all these days but I do enjoy the Christmas events. Tried the finding presents and found 1 in 10minutes. Logged off. Maybe increase the level cap for santa instead otherwise what a blow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users