RO Transcendence: Kafra shop plans? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

RO Transcendence: Kafra shop plans?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

Can we try going back in time a bit and have a cash shop that is more healthy for a long-term server instead of short term? Also no items that retract from the game being a mmorpg (res tokens, buff scrolls, dungeon tele scrolls, etc.).

The server will make plenty of money off VIP, cosmetic's and basic cash shop items like BM's, gum, gym pass, etc. Keeping the server more authentic will only result in more people playing. 

For example:

1. No hp/sp items (as we saw in Restart which killed the entire leveling experience)

2. No rental gear (overpowered rental gear released a few weeks into the classic server; making items inside the game obsolete and lose value)

3. No ridiculous lucky boxes (iro valk lucky boxes with GR card and orlean's glove?? how is this acceptable?) 

4. No "safe upgrade" consumables 

5. No res tokens (kills most mvp competition, people need to be punished for mistakes, reduces need for priests) 

6, No dungeon teleport scrolls (teleporting everywhere instantly is for a 10x rate pserver, not the official game)

7. No buff scrolls (literally skills from a class?)

8. No HE or 3x BM/Gum. The standard BM/Gum is enough and doesn't accelerate the lvling/drops too fast. 

Items I believe are acceptable in the kafra shop:

VIP service (increased exp/drops, lower death penalty) 

Cosmetics (anything that doesn't do anything other than looks)

Regular BM's

Regular Gum

Enrich elu/ori

Gym pass

+10 stat food

stat/skill reset (requiring everyone to leech characters for woe is not the best gameplay experience)

(may be missing a few more)

I guarantee the server would be very popular with a cash shop like this + bot protection. 

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 12:32 PM.

#2 Senkrad01

Senkrad01

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Can we try going back in time a bit and have a cash shop that is more healthy for a long-term server instead of short term? Also no items that retract from the game being a mmorpg (res tokens, buff scrolls, dungeon tele scrolls, etc.).

The server will make plenty of money off VIP, cosmetic's and basic cash shop items like BM's, gum, gym pass, etc. Keeping the server more authentic will only result in more people playing. 

For example:

1. No hp/sp items (as we saw in Restart which killed the entire leveling experience)

2. No rental gear (overpowered rental gear released a few weeks into the classic server; making items inside the game obsolete and lose value)

3. No ridiculous lucky boxes (iro valk lucky boxes with GR card and orlean's glove?? how is this acceptable?) 

5. No res tokens (kills most mvp competition, people need to be punished for mistakes, reduces need for priests) 

6, No dungeon teleport scrolls (teleporting everywhere instantly is for a 10x rate pserver, not the official game)

Point 3 MIGHT not happen, sounds like loot boxes from other games, and the companies for those games where on the hook because simulates gambling. If the server is available for the USA they might be liable

#3 Whotemynovaa

Whotemynovaa

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

hard agree they need to preview kafra shop

#4 Ostarion

Ostarion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

For example:

1. Yes we don't need this, at least at the start.

2. Also Yes.

3. Indeed, at the very least they should all be acquirable in game, similar to the ragnarok online zero with their own Jello boxes.

4. Safe upgrades are actually incorporated into the zero mechanics with both Mithril and Blacksmith blessings so I don't know how relevant this is.

5. I would accept acquiring those tokens in game, rather than the cash shop.

6. Again, if it can be acquired in game through a cost mechanism, then I don't see a problem.

7. Again, item drops of these are fine and even in the game normally.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:23 AM

looks like some scroll will be there via the daily login system

#6 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:21 AM

maybe to see :ic: 
1.Re-option cash shop items
2.Buff scroll + foods 
3.Ro tran exclusive items 
4.Token can be in cash shop, also insurance

5.Egg ,Box ,Yggdrasil

Money never enough ,more money they can do also mean more content and service. :no1: 
Just as said, full kafra shop better than unconcerned staff and service (like tRO does, bad event bad service also gm abuse :sob: ) 

#7 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:25 AM

maybe to see :ic: 
1.Re-option cash shop items
2.Buff scroll + foods 
3.Ro tran exclusive items 
4.Token can be in cash shop, also insurance

5.Egg ,Box ,Yggdrasil

How about no.

#8 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:31 AM

How about no.

it f2p game, even paid game also got this.
(even in private server :rice: )

you can choice not to buy from kafra and buy from player instead. that also Ro things that other game haven't

Edited by aTID2, 19 December 2019 - 01:32 AM.

#9 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:34 AM

If cash items didnt give advantages to players, why would players spend real life money on it in the first place? I mean, most of us have to keep asking what extra rewards were we getting if we donated to the "sick kids" ...  :heh:

I dont think iRO has any loyal lovers/players left who are willing to support the game, just because they love the game ie. pay $30+ monthly for free without getting any back, a token of appreciation  :rice:

#10 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:48 AM

If cash items didnt give advantages to players, why would players spend real life money

That cash shops should exist isn't even contested. What's inside is the issue at stake. 

#11 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:05 AM

For example:

I couldn't agree more. I was gonna write something like this, but you saved me sometime.

A lot of people were buying costume boxes on restart server.  And if they're planning to do lucky boxes monthly to make more profit, put something that isn't game breaking. Throw some of those rare "cute" headgear in lucky boxes instead of giving em as a prize on drawing contest.  

WP should prioritize a healthy server.  They'll make more money in a long run.

#12 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:49 AM

Point 3 MIGHT not happen, sounds like loot boxes from other games, and the companies for those games where on the hook because simulates gambling. If the server is available for the USA they might be liable

Just use cosmetics as the "RARE" items in the lucky boxes. RO and many other successful games (LoL, D o t a 2, CSGO, PoE, etc.) have already proved that cosmetic items can have high value without impacting the game. 

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#13 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:50 AM

1. No potions that outheal what you can get from alchemists if we must have them at all.

2. No rental gear.

3. No OCP type gear. This includes the snake hat. Good lord that made the bot problem even worse on re:start b/c they could do damage quicker.

4. Fashion. I will slam down money to make my character cute, no problem.

5. Convenience items that aren't breaking, but they should be delayed for a while from the start. 

6. No items that compete with or over ride what can be crafted in game.

7. VIP service should be reasonable. Unlike what has been mentioned, I'm happy to pay for things like VIP.

8. Dyes, can we get more made? I'd pay for neat stuff like that.

9. Care packages can include useful things like mercs, blue potions (non ranked quality), timed mounts that are account bound, other QoL things. But.. would there be a way to limit the # purchased per a certain period so it can't be over done?

10. Gachas are fine.. when they're costumes only. Make a boxter type thing for recycling common ones for a second chance box like we had. No actual gear.

11. Enchantment items for costume or things that can help increase drop rate are fine.

12. Useful items like a non-stated costume with greed. 

13. I will pay for cute things. Seriously.

Edited by Loguin, 19 December 2019 - 06:53 AM.

#14 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:32 AM

8. No HE or 3x BM/Gum. The standard BM/Gum is enough and doesn't accelerate the lvling/drops too fast. 

#15 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:04 AM

Items I believe are acceptable in the kafra shop:

VIP service (increased exp/drops, lower death penalty) 

Cosmetics (anything that doesn't do anything other than looks)

Regular BM's

Regular Gum

Enrich elu/ori

Gym pass

+10 stat food

stat/skill reset (requiring everyone to leech characters for woe is not the best gameplay experience)

(may be missing a few more)

I guarantee the server would be very popular with a cash shop like this + bot protection. 

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 12:33 PM.

#16 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:28 AM

+10 stat food

please make cooking great again

#17 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

please make cooking great again

I definitely support having no stat food in the kafra shop but do understand they need a kafra shop and stat food isn't that bad. 

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 12:33 PM.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:43 PM

if they dont make the cash shop food outright better than ingame one that is.

aka weight 1 foods.

#19 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

+1

#20 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

I mean, if you make the same mistakes as in iRO people will simply stop playing ROT.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 19 December 2019 - 07:49 PM.

#21 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:16 AM

it f2p game, even paid game also got this.
(even in private server :rice: )

you can choice not to buy from kafra and buy from player instead. that also Ro things that other game haven't

That's one of the biggest problems we have. You should not be able to sell cash items for zeny, that would mean cash can buy everything.

#22 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Cash shop items being trade-able is generally a good thing for people who don't want or cannot afford to spend $$. Having a trade-able cosmetic headgear or battle manual box sold in the cash shop does not hurt the game.

Cash shop items are only a problem when they intrinsically disrupt game balance or the economy.

For example:

- having hp/sp consumables available on day 1 for people to spam while leveling 1-99 (game balance, economy (less people using zeny on npc pots))

- res tokens meaning your mistakes are not punished, especially when killing mvps (game balance) 

- rental gear which will get you to 99 without needing to buy gear (economy - devalues gear in game that people would otherwise be able to sell)

Edited by senpa1, 20 December 2019 - 10:29 AM.

#23 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:15 AM

Ressurection token should never be available

No HP/SP potions

No miniboss card from OCA or lower the OCA drop from castles so guild leaders wont cash them after hoarding them (when implemented)

No HE BM/BG so board quests wont get you 1 level at 95+  (or make Board quest not work with Battle Manual at all)

No skill scrolls

#24 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:06 PM

Cash shop items being trade-able is generally a good thing for people who don't want or cannot afford to spend $$. Having a trade-able cosmetic headgear or battle manual box sold in the cash shop does not hurt the game.

Cash shop items are only a problem when they intrinsically disrupt game balance or the economy.

Imagine the situation where a regular player can make 10m each week grinding. You can control that, you know that 10m/week is the average income for players, may someone drop a MVP card, but it happens one time or another.

Now imagine that a player can buy as much cash as he wants, nobody can control how much money this person can make. Imagine that this guy starts to sell cash points, people says what they want and he buy it. With this method he can make 30m per week, so he has 3x more money income than normal players each week.

When someone can make much more money with methods that only a few people can use, it breaks the economy. With this income, he can just buy every BM selling and get the monopoly, overpricing the essencial items.

With more money than others, this guy can buy every card or end items before any other, so he'll have the advantage on MvP hunting too, like res tokens. Can equip his guild and get advantage on WoEs too, all with real money.

People buys cosmetic items for the social status, to be unique. People buy BM or Gums to acomplish some objective faster. Bots destroys the economy for the same reason, while human players has the 24h/day limit, multiple bots can do 120h/day grind. Selling cash has the same effect, you can have the money of 10 players farming 12h/day with one click.

If you don't have a barrier, is impossible to balance the market.

Edited by xSwain, 20 December 2019 - 12:08 PM.

#25 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

Imagine the situation where a regular player can make 10m each week grinding. You can control that, you know that 10m/week is the average income for players, may someone drop a MVP card, but it happens one time or another.

Now imagine that a player can buy as much cash as he wants, nobody can control how much money this person can make. Imagine that this guy starts to sell cash points, people says what they want and he buy it. With this method he can make 30m per week, so he has 3x more money income than normal players each week.

When someone can make much more money with methods that only a few people can use, it breaks the economy. With this income, he can just buy every BM selling and get the monopoly, overpricing the essencial items.

With more money than others, this guy can buy every card or end items before any other, so he'll have the advantage on MvP hunting too, like res tokens. Can equip his guild and get advantage on WoEs too, all with real money.

People buys cosmetic items for the social status, to be unique. People buy BM or Gums to acomplish some objective faster. Bots destroys the economy for the same reason, while human players has the 24h/day limit, multiple bots can do 120h/day grind. Selling cash has the same effect, you can have the money of 10 players farming 12h/day with one click.

If you don't have a barrier, is impossible to balance the market.

From my experience a majority of the wealthiest players on iRO servers are not people selling kafra items. Even if kafra shop items are account bound people are still able to buy zeny directly with $$, it's just a bit more difficult. There are also f2p players who want the ability to buy items in the kafra shop with their zeny. Either way, I don't believe a kafra shop that's entirely account bound is a possibility. 

Bots destroy the economy by causing inflation by adding raw zeny to the server, as well as significantly lowering the cost of all low-medium level monster loot. 

People selling kafra shop items are only impacting the economy when it comes to their buying power on very rare items, which for >99% of players has no impact on the economy. 

Edited by senpa1, 20 December 2019 - 12:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users