Cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem
Since this has been a common and a recurring issue to many AMD/Radeon users, and possibly other GPU brands, it was decided to pin a solution in this section.
To resolve the error:
- Browse to your Ragnarok folder, find and rename dbghelp.dll to dbghelp.dll_old.
- Launch the game.
If that doesn't resolve the issue then, ensure the following:
- Setup.exe is properly configured under Administrator privileges. If the listings in Setup.exe are empty then it is either due to launching the app without admin or outdated/not supported drivers.
To make sure Setup.exe is always ran as an admin, follow these steps:
Right-click the file > Choose Properties > Choose Compatibility tab > Choose run this program as an administrator.
- If your game client is installed under Program Files (x86) or Program Files then move the folder anywhere else outside said folders.
- RO does not support higher resolutions, if using too high values try less. Switching between full to windowed mode may return different results. If you are looking for a windowed mode but on a full screen scale try Borderless-Gaming application.
- Updated graphic card drivers, preferably from their respective manufacturer websites instead of Windows updater.
- If "Cannot init d3d OR grf" is combined with EAC error "Untrusted system file..." then, look into updating the graphic driver from its respective manufacturer website instead of Windows updater. In some cases it may be necessary to downgrade the drivers by a version of 2 but always look for updates first for security concerns.
★Note: If you are getting a different EAC error please post the full error message here to investigate.
- If "Cannot init d3d OR grf" is combined with missing sprite errors, then it would mean the game client is missing the necessary files. In this case, please perform a manual re-patch appropriate to your game client.
★Renewal server repatch method under Step #4 posted here.
★RT server repatch method posted here.
Do not quote this post, instead link to it if you must as I may need to adjust things eventually.
If something is unclear let me know
Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 March 2020 - 01:22 AM.