The unofficial RT discord is a scam - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The unofficial RT discord is a scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

so I went to report the situation to them that some person scammed me. guess what? They don't believe that specific person of specific discord name and number scammed me because I lack proof. they want me to f off and pretend that the person has nothing to do with what happened to me when I know he is the one who scammed me because I'm the one who experienced the situation. I don't have proof but I know he is the one who scammed me 100%. he asked me to meet him in prontera, open a chat for 2, and a CM_Astra showed up. My conversation with CM_Astra is now gone because it was on a private discord that he kicked me out. the person who introduced me to CM_Astra also kicked me out for no reason (he kicked me out because he scammed me).

I have proof that I spent $500 USD ($650 CAD) on this scam. the person asked me to install teamviewer. i know what you are gonna say, but i didn't know.

This RT discord is such a scam man, now they are defending their friend who scammed me. Our argument ended up to me being muted.

I don't have proof but I know 100% that he scammed me because I'm the one who went through it. What do you expect me to do? pretend he has nothing to do with it when I'm the one who experienced the situation?

I got scammed $650 CAD man and even reporting the situation, no one takes me seriously. this discord thinks im lying.

I am done with this game, nobody takes this scam seriously and nobody cares.

#2 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

everywhere I report the situation to, they don't take it seriously so why bother? To them it's just entertainment.

this is why scammers in this game is so rampant and this is why I got scammed. because nobody takes these things seriously! They don't even believe I got scammed! Now they are defending the scammer?

If my family got killed by a person and I know who specifically killed my family because I'm the one who saw it but I got no proof, you want me to pretend that he has nothing to do with it? I know who set me up with the fake CM_Astra 100% and I am not gonna pretend that he has nothing to do with it when I'm the one who experienced the situation. Now you are calling me a liar? Alright, don't believe me but I'm not gonna deceive myself!

This game is always gonna be flooded with scammers because nobody takes these things seriously! I reported and guess what, I got laughed at! Why bother?

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 02:14 PM.

#3 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

seems you've been scammed bruh. while entering in the pub. the player who made the pub just keeps adding spacebars to text until he gets CM_Astra name to it then starts to scam you.

#4 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

He asked me to meet him at the center of prontera, open a chat for 2, and a CM_Astra came. CM_Astra dm'ed me and set me up on a private discord. that conversation is gone because he kicked me out. Now the proof is gone and I'm stupid. yes I got scammed and I know who did it. I report and all i get is people telling me how stupid and laughable I am. RT Discord is even calling me a liar and they don't believe my info.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 02:23 PM.

#5 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Why did you shell out the money to begin with. Are you rmt'ing?

#6 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

dont accuse me of RMT'ing.

#7 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

this is what happened to me.

After you download that teamviewer, all he will do is prove himself to you that he is really CM_Astra and clear all your doubts, he will ask you to purchase 1 code which the company (warpportal) promises to return back along with your refund of wp purchases, after he will ask for another code because he needed 2 and not 1, then he will take you to western union for your money that he promises to return, since western union requires you to deposit, he will scam you right there. since western union didn't work, he said he will convert steam codes to Western union code and because i know nothing about transactions and how the -_- they work online, I fell for it again. and then he will tell you that the company sent me a direct deposit of $800 USD and it's too large as they made a deposit mistake of larger amount, he asked me to purchase codes again which is ridiculous!

#8 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

that is what happened and don't accuse me of RMT'ing when I got scammed. a scammer just came to me trying to offer to help me out in-game and instead he brought CM_Astra who even offer to reset my stats.

#9 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

I got dm'ed an invite to a black market discord as well days ago. You wanna know how I got contacted? From that RT discord who is defending scammers!

Don't accuse me of RMT'ing when I'm getting randomly DM'ed of RMT offers I am not and wasn't interested at.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 02:30 PM.

#10 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

that is what happened and don't accuse me of RMT'ing when I got scammed. a scammer just came to me trying to offer to help me out in-game and instead he brought CM_Astra who even offer to reset my stats.

Sorry to intrude, but did you take at least one screenshot?

Edited by Arkghyom, 11 January 2020 - 02:30 PM.

#11 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

I have a screenshot of him telling me to meet him in prontera and open a chat for 2. that is the evidence, but it's not enough. The rest is conversation with CM_Astra inviting me to a new private discord where the conversation is held.

#12 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

This is what happened after

1ZjtRev.png

the private discord conversation is gone man because he kicked me out. I got no screenshot of that but I got scammed hard.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 02:59 PM.

#13 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

Not much you can do unfortunately. You can report it to your local authorities, but I'd advise going in with the mindset that not much will be resolved in your favor. 

Take it as a life (expensive) lesson and move on. 

#14 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

move on but report the evidences I have to WP. What do you want to happen, let this happen again to other innocent new players?

I'll take this as an expensive lesson. I don't expect to get my money back but I will take whatever action I can against this scammer.

This is the reason they take you to private discord chat, to erase all the evidences. this person even tried to call me with a fake number.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 03:12 PM.

#15 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

the reason I didn't went here to confirm is because as CM_Astra, he told me he doesn't want anybody to know that he has chosen me to become one of the secret GM's of this game. Our agreement is under NDA. That is why he took me to a private discord (that is what I believed at first). My -_- god, it was a scam!

#16 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

It wont happen to "other innocent players", just you.
But back to yesterday's topic, are you quitting or nah? I know I would.

#17 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

you don't want me to report? alright, let him run around! like I said, nobody wants to take this seriously.

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 03:21 PM.

#18 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:21 PM

the reason I didn't went here to confirm is because as CM_Astra, he told me he doesn't want anybody to know that he has chosen me to become one of the secret GM's of this game. Our agreement is under NDA. That is why he took me to a private discord (that is what I believed at first). My -_- god, it was a scam!

You couldn't come here, look up astra with a confirmed staff member rank on the official forums of the company and talk to them through their official website?

https://forums.warpp...119079-cmastra/

#19 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Here is the least you can do. How did you make the payment using your credit card? Or PayPal tell them it’s unauthorized transaction.

#20 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

I called them man and reported the transactions online. I even called SEAGM and they told me they won't take any responsibility from the scam and all codes have been used.

#21 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

i told them the whole truth, I authorized all the payments myself but under the deception of this scam. I was tricked (in other words, "scammed"), that's what happened.

#22 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

I didn't understand one thing, u want Warpportal to take responsability for the scam?
Yet, very sorry for what happened to u

#23 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

it wasn't unauthorized payment but authorized payment under a scam.

#24 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

I dont want them to take responsibility, I want them to take action against scammer. I mean seriously, this still persist today?

#25 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

Quit your BS. We have the discord logs to prove that we weren't defending the guy. The point was you didn't have enough proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users