The unofficial RT discord is a scam - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The unofficial RT discord is a scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#26 2866141028000703037

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

ok but what is discord going to do to the scammer, problem isn't punishment because that guy is gone and most likely already deleted that account. the problem is how easily they scammed you. i mean you read the new tutorial about scams and gms then all of a sudden get scammed for 650$? Also you have no proof this happened to you so how can they ban him without proof? He offered you stat reset which isnt even available in the game, like i said in the previous post this sounds fishy and i bet your not telling the true story, i bet you were trying to get items/zeny as well. There's nothing you can do now except learn from this mistake.

#27 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

I have the proof that he is the one who asked me to meet him in prontera where I was approached by CM_Astra right away. I know that he is the one who scammed me, if my proof isn't enough, I still will not deceive myself because I'm the one who was scammed and experienced the situation. what do you want me to do? pretend he is not involved when I know he was? I don't have enough proof but I will not deceive myself. If i saw someone shot my family and I got no proof, i still will not deceive myself. call me BS but your discord is BS. it was from your discord where i got scammed in the first place, it was from your discord where someone is offering me RMT. your discord is BS, not me!

#28 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:38 PM

I dont want them to take responsibility, I want them to take action against scammer. I mean seriously, this still persist today?

But there is a npc at the beginning of Training Grounds telling everybody to dont do the things u did. I think he specifically talk about TeamViewer.

I understand your feelings and all, really do. And dont want do wast my time defending a company, bur thats so much they can do. U wasant scammed based on a game bug or somethinf like that.

If the person know english, its really safe for then to asume that they read that npc at least one time to creat a character

#29 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

I was trying to get compensation like item/zeny or money from this? Are you serious? You see, you don't believe my story like your discord! your discord is a f-ing scam man!

#30 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:42 PM

i bet your not telling the true story

look at this guy talk. I bet you are associated with that scammer!

stop assuming things about me like I assume about you!

I am not f-ing lying here man! After being scammed $650, I had to quit this game! I already quit the game, so why do I need items/zeny. tell me? Tell f-ing me?

#31 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:43 PM

So CM_Astra himself scammed u? And your proof is that discord screenshot?
Well, it is possible that he was the one that did that to you, but there is a limit to what can be done without a good proof.

#32 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

I am looking to get compensated for items/zeny or wp points when I already quit the game? look at your assumption! You f-ing scammer man and your discord!

#33 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

I didn't say CM_Astra scammed me, it was a fake CM_Astra after all. the -_- is with your assumption? Are you accusing me of false info or lying?

your discord is a f-ing scam man!

#34 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

Now you are trying to make me the fraud here? Is that what you are trying to do? You f-cking scammer! Your discord is the one that screwed me up man!

#35 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

Thing is, one of the first NPCs you talk forewarns about this type of scenario in detail. Not to mention in game/shout announcements, and sticky's on the forum. The user that did this on Discord as said is probably long gone and has already made a new account by now to pray on his next victim

Not much else can be done. :(

Edit: fixed typo-

Edited by Chrispy, 11 January 2020 - 03:52 PM.

#36 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

I have proof and I will file them all to WP at the return of nothing! I dont want any money from this (I dont expect to get back my $650) and certainly, I dont need WP Points, zeny, items, when I already quit the game. I got scammed so hard yesterday and I'm telling the whole truth. now if you wanna defend your scamming friend and calling me the fraud here, i will stand with all the evidence i have (no matter how little). I know I got scammed hard and I will not pretend I didnt. you wanna see how much I spent? YOu wanna see the transaction?

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 03:55 PM.

#37 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

I feel for you, but what is it that you are hoping to accomplish here from WP?

#38 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

I didn't say CM_Astra scammed me, it was a fake CM_Astra after all. the -_- is with your assumption? Are you accusing me of false info or lying?

your discord is a f-ing scam man!

I understood u were saying that in one of your posts, but i got it wrong. Wasnt acusing, i was asking actually.
Again, really sorry for what happend to you, i wold be really mad too. But, theres a NPC that u have to pass that warns ppl about those scams and how to avoid then. Thats so much they can do for a scam that happened outside the game. 
If it was a game bug or WP direct fault, i would quit the gmae myself after reading your story. but that doesn't seemss to be the case.

And i barely interact with any discord server  :heh:

#39 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:58 PM

I feel for you, but what is it that you are hoping to accomplish here from WP?

oh, so you are calling me a fraud, right? What do you mean "what am I trying to accomplish"? you think im asking for anything in return?

If you got scammed so hard, what the f would you do?

#40 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

And i barely interact with any discord server  :heh:

don't use that discord man, it's full of scammers.

#41 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

you want me to sh*t up after what just happened? you want me to pretend nothing happened? do not make me a fraud here, I am not! all my proof is legit. it's not enough but it's legit!

Edited by Haiyang, 11 January 2020 - 04:02 PM.

#42 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

don't use that discord man, it's full of scammers.

Do you mean the IroWiki discord? Thats the only discord server related to RT that im aware of. but i dont interact there very much

#43 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

Do you mean the IroWiki discord? Thats the only discord server related to RT that im aware of. but i dont interact there very much

no, there is an unofficial ragnarok transcendence discord with 200+ members. it was from that discord that I got DM'ed an invite to a black market discord with 140+ members, the scammer that scammed me also came from that discord. I know what I experienced and I know what I'm talking about. after speaking with the moderator of that discord, he refused to believe me, he thinks Im a liar, and we got into an arguement with me ending up being muted.

#44 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:07 PM

Another thread? If I remember yours got locked after some time.

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

Sucks that this happened, but throwing a tantrum every day on forums is not gonna get you nowhere if you can't back yourself up with sufficient proof.

And no, some screenshot of a chat over discord is not proof as it cannot be linked to whoever the person is when accessing any WP services. That is if they even use any, it could be someone randomly there and you fell for it.

At most this is a matter to take with the discord from wich you both came from and their moderators, warpportal has nothing to do with your own stupidity.

all right, now that i've given an "appropriate answer", let's go to what really matters

BOI, DAY2 OF THIS GEM
LES GO

#46 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

I don't have sufficient proof, I will agree with that, but don't tell me that being scammed for $650 didn't happened to me. Take a good look at this.

qxqx8D8.png

All of these are purchased yesterday and the scammer took all these codes.

Don't tell me this BS didn't happen to me and calling my story BS. Are you saying I'm looking for something in return like money, zeny, items, WP Points? I'm not looking for anything in return, just for this f-ing game to do something about these scammers.

you see, why do you think im complaining here if I didn't get scammed? Are you f-ing people calling me a fraud or what?

#47 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:30 PM

I can't do anything about it now, but dont you ever call me a fraud!

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:40 PM

i did not say anything about that, and aknowledged that it happened, here: "Sucks that this happened."

Now if you were calm and collected to put up your case and ask for advice on the matter, the direction of all the threads would've gone waay different.
But instead you are randomly picking fights that don't exist, trying to argue things that nobody cares for, and branding anyone that doesnt come to your aid as some sort of "buddy" as being against you or even sided with the scammer.

Thats why you are not getting any helpful feedback, thats why people are sick and tired of your broken record rant, thats why nobody is here for any other reason than to have fun at your cost, since you put yourself in the position to be disliked by the others.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

#49 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

If you have those proof, you could ask those site that offer those item to and show your proof that the item you purchased was a fraud, and the person who redeem it is the frauster. You could some what have a case but... from what I understand, Steam will do $hit about anything like this. Usually your bank could refund you, your money back if you file a fraud claim and they will charge back on PayPal, paypal will be forced to charge back on the person who use it. usually the person who use the code get ban by warp portal as they are at the receiving end..

Edited by kebryi, 11 January 2020 - 04:44 PM.

#50 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:50 PM

Meow...

So what was you gonna buy??

0 user(s) are reading this topic