Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update - Page 2 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#26 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

abyss lake with no trans jobs. how are ppls able to kill those juggernaut mobs smh

#27 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:41 PM

LOL. With how the update is drag on the next 2 month, I wouldn't surpise, RT die before April. With the update set in April, it would be consider a apirl fool joke. 

#28 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:47 PM

if easy anti cheat is implement to renewal then say good bye to ragial and welcome scammers and trolls cuz we have no ropd.info also....

#29 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:49 PM

what do you need ropd.info and ragial for when there's Shopping Board

Edited by Boyeteers, 28 January 2020 - 05:49 PM.

#30 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

Alright definitely looking forward to the 3rd now.

Been wanting the Pet update for ages so will be able to finally use my pets without worrying about them running away if I go AFK a bit.

Since we're getting the inventory capacity display update does that mean we can get the item to increase the cap over 100 soon?  :rice:  

Also pretty excited for more OGH content to try. Can't come soon enough!

yes please add to renewal the ability to increase the cap over 100 items, im 100% that there is an item on kRO now. that does it

a few points based on things observed on cbt/rot

Vending system update:

Can you alter the tax on it? I feel like many ppl who were aware of the tax thought it was exclusive to the offline system, and not all vending wise. A lot of ppl are afraid that the 5% hitting chaos with it's high prices will just incentivize ppl to not sell things with vends anymore and rely on Chats to sell their stuff, to avoid loss, as well as prices that don't hit the cap being bumped up so people don't "lose" money. The trading experience will already take a severe hit with Ragial being gone, and we don't need it to become even more cancerous. Alter(1%)/remove the tax for Merchant/Super Novice vends.

Refinement UI update:

On iRO for as long as i play here and idk how far back this goes, when using HD ores/ Enriched+Enriched Hammer on gear that is +7, you can endlessly spam ores, even if your gear downgrades, so long you don't close the dialogue box and it will keep the protective properties. Using the new refinement UI on RT you are forced to select the Ores used after each attempt, wich essentially kills this, and makes so that you will have to spend a crap load more Safe to 7 on upgrading every piece of gear, making them much much more expensive.
Can you keep the old dialogue box for those ocasions?

Item based VIP.

To wich extent will it "VIP" our account? Full VIP like the one bought in the power up page? That being the case, i assume the website bought one will be phased out, but in doing that we also lose the VIP+KP deals wich were very popular and very much worth the money spent. What will happen to that?

Could you enable Open Buying Store on merchant with no vip in RT? it is unfair that merchants with no vip can't buy items... T.T

The "big" update I was expecting was 3rd job skill balances... but oh well. I still don't see the point of bringing down Renewal (I guess other than the obvious making way for ROT), it was advertised as bracing for a big update. If this is it... then meh. :v

I thought the BIG update would be the 185 lvl increase cap , not those simple thing that alredy are on RT and those simple instances... x.x =[

Edited by JoaquinAndres, 28 January 2020 - 05:59 PM.

#31 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

Item based VIP.

To wich extent will it "VIP" our account? Full VIP like the one bought in the power up page? That being the case, i assume the website bought one will be phased out, but in doing that we also lose the VIP+KP deals wich were very popular and very much worth the money spent. What will happen to that?

This. I don't frequently spend for VIP but when I can afford it, I get the 6-month bundle for more value.

-

also, i haven't played RT extensively but is the offline vending really a VIP-only exclusive? (ex: no other means to obtain it)

Is Chaos also gonna have EAC? Gonna have to cut down on my vendor count because EAC eats up a lot of resources. :sob:

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 28 January 2020 - 06:10 PM.

#32 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

Afaik the new refinement UI is only implemented in Prontera. But when you go to Payon, it’s still the same old dialogue. Unless they wanted to change it.

#33 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

I thought the BIG update would be the 185 lvl increase cap , not those simple thing that alredy are on RT and those simple instances... x.x =[

The 185 cap was unlikely for me. The one I was expecting was 3rd class rebalances and a few instances, but it just seems that kRO hates fun.

#34 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

not all players are online just to see whats vending online and its efficient using on smart phone browser not just the items but also we can see the name of the vendor to pm them later on to offer the price , well cant be help it i just suck it up whats their update...

Edited by ad0l, 28 January 2020 - 06:18 PM.

#35 10158233874489301

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

When will they activate battlegrounds in RT?

#36 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

if easy anti cheat is implement to renewal then say good bye to ragial and welcome scammers and trolls cuz we have no ropd.info also....

Sadly, the website owners, themselves, are shutting down their websites 2-3 days from now.

The 185 cap was unlikely for me. The one I was expecting was 3rd class rebalances and a few instances, but it just seems that kRO hates fun.

I'm also expecting 3rd class rebalances too, at least SC and AB since they're supposed to be together with homun update. And yeah, kRO hates fun. :wah:

#37 Janniie

Janniie

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:21 PM

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
IS THIS YOU CALLED
 big 

#38 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:25 PM

Considering the rate iRO-Renewal got updates last year, this is kinda big : P

Still wish it was a bit bigger though

Edited by ninJedi, 28 January 2020 - 07:30 PM.

#39 AssinMvP

AssinMvP

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:30 PM

You shouldn't call this, Big Updates, unless there is expanding max lvl. 185 or 200.

Edited by AssinMvP, 28 January 2020 - 07:31 PM.

#40 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

QoL, bug fixes, and improvements are updates too.

You pipol are only looking forward to lvl cap increase because I can haz moar stronk dmg.
Getting only 185 lvl cap update but nothing else would feel just as small of an update too. Especially if you don't get new content to match the increased strength.

@Camp can you try and make room for another Illusion Dungeon for the April/May update pls

Edited by ninJedi, 28 January 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#41 LittleCastiel

LittleCastiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

You shouldn't call this, Big Updates, unless there is expanding max lvl. 185 or 200.

or server merge

Edited by LittleCastiel, 28 January 2020 - 08:06 PM.

#42 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

thanks for the heads up.

gotta say i really missed playing.
will go straight to ET.

could you make obsolete weekly instances daily?
namely Bakonawa & Sarah-Fenrir? what's the point in making these weekly?

#43 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:44 PM

QoL, bug fixes, and improvements are updates too.

You pipol are only looking forward to lvl cap increase because I can haz moar stronk dmg.
Getting only 185 lvl cap update but nothing else would feel just as small of an update too. Especially if you don't get new content to match the increased strength.

@Camp can you try and make room for another Illusion Dungeon for the April/May update pls

Agree to this one. I prefer to have 1st/2nd job skill rebalance, some 3rd job improvements like SC, AB, WL, Sura, Maes, and Wande (in that order; jobs in bold font is a must have), and the 3rd job Taekwon Classes first before increasing the level cap.

#44 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:06 PM

I am disappointed with the updates. The 2-months hiatus for these updates could be done in a week or two. I am expecting and hoping for more content that will keep old players from playing and to invite new players.

I was hoping for the Level 185 updates, 3rd class skill updates, 2nd skill class updates and NOGH.

“Guess the ship may sooner sink and it is time to deeply think. Captain says the ship will sail but in reality the voyage is set to fail.”

Edited by LeeKelly, 28 January 2020 - 09:21 PM.

#45 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:11 PM

Hiatus 2 months and thats what called with "big update" ? :l
Vewwwwwry dissapointed for long waiting :l

or should we call that weekly maintenance update?

Edited by mashaa, 28 January 2020 - 09:27 PM.

#46 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

Camp said the exact same list of things we're getting even before Renewal closed.
You guys didn't read that?
Don't get me wrong though I'm pissed too but difference is, I was already pissed 2 months ago LOL.

#47 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:47 PM

Is this "Mega update" Can't said so, We just called it "Big update".

I like new UI and Navigator, also new quest and new refine system that told % chance.

Pet system is hardly to be usable. The feedback from losing royal when dead is too much (that often happen in C3) 

Homun need to test. It impossible to know in roT.

New Jitterbug card are come with "left right" accessories , iRO doesn't have that much (really none :heh: )

Offline Vending system still no clue if buyable in in-game currency.

Put "Inventory slots increase" in Kafra shop too (why not it match with display inventory slots  :no1: )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skill balance to adjust come first for roT and roRenew.

but also not to forget about C3 first balance that doesn't finish yet. And already skip are

Missing :

1.Shadow Chaser

2.Genetic

3.Arch Bishop

Furthermore C3 for Stargladiator and Soul Linker ,also 185

Edited by aTID2, 28 January 2020 - 10:05 PM.

#48 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

All the competitive guilds are waiting for the battlegrounds in transcendence how much will the opening of the bgs ?

They are?  That's odd considering ours is actually completely against them right now.

Please enlighten me as to who all the competitive guilds are that are DYING for BGs?

I'll wait.

#49 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Guys, this is actually a big update...

Spoiler

Also it seems I'm the only one who doesn't want to have a level 185 update yet. I want to have 3rd job improvements, 3rd job taekwons, 2nd job rebalances, and the remaining Illusion Dungeons to have more selections on leveling spots before 185 cap drops.

Missing :

1.Shadow Chaser

2.Genetic

3.Arch Bishop

The Homun update IS the Genetic update. But yeah, SC and AB should and MUST also be included, specially SC since it's supposed to be first to drop before Genetic. 

They are?  That's odd considering ours is actually completely against them right now.

Please enlighten me as to who all the competitive guilds are that are DYING for BGs?

I'll wait.

I want to know too. What I know is that most competitive guilds are dying with WoE, not BG. Or maybe he mistaken from WoE and BG? :hmm:

#50 Monster501

Monster501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:39 PM

For me one of the biggest Renewal Ragnarok problem - limit in 1b for trading. At the moment I have come to that stage when you need equipment worth more then 1b. I know this problem linked with game structure and cannot be solved. :sob:

May be it is possible to add some Coins wich you can buy and sell to npc for 1b? For preventing dupe with this currency, made count how many coins sold and check situation with them. This might improve quality of end game RO expirience.

Edited by Monster501, 28 January 2020 - 11:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users