Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update - Page 4 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#76 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

well, i recently saw on reddit THRO promised a server with no 3rds. They are pretty populated, i belive if IRO follow this path, it will have more sucess. What they will do when things get stale? Thats something to blame gravity for as they dont seem to allow IRO develping and want to keep a hand over everything as a chubby kid who owns the ball want everybody to play his favorite game or no game at all

Wait, does this mean BB max hit will be 4? :(  5 hit felt more on par with brandish

THRO still populated because it free RMT mostly player are consider worth to play so it can be sell later.
It harsh server if you want to chilling around (also it free KS free loot free anything)

One again. it looks like that kRO still got the best of iRO.

These updates are cool, but it took iRO lesser time (if I rememeber it took less than a week) to move from Original to Renewal updates and they didn't close down for 2 months.

So the major question here is why don't they share their major updates with us?

Aren't they in the same company, but different branches?

iRO is warpportal isnt same company in kRO. jRO is special but mostly because they owned RO license
but iRO is franchise. Need to ask kRO to send patch.
idk why camp not put big EAC on the list ,that why they need 2 months for that.

#77 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

not gonna lie, I actually want Chaos, Thor and ROt to merge.

they did this with RE:start & Classic, they could do this to ROt. LOL.

#78 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

iRO is warpportal isnt same company in kRO. jRO is special but mostly because they owned RO license
but iRO is franchise. Need to ask kRO to send patch.
idk why camp not put big EAC on the list ,that why they need 2 months for that.

Wrong. Gravity Interactive is the North American branch office of Gravity Corp. in Korea. Feel free to scroll down to the bottom of the iRO website and see what the name of the publisher really is. WarpPortal is the name of the network, not the company.

#79 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:29 AM

If you merge thor and chaos, they can't make everyone happy about woe times. Moreover, ROT is a different system completely.

Wrong. Gravity Interactive is the North American branch office of Gravity Corp. in Korea. Feel free to scroll down to the bottom of the iRO website and see what the name of the publisher really is. WarpPortal is the name of the network, not the company.

Which is sad that we don't have the same updates. It's like a squabble between siblings. It's bloody sad when people do businesses like this.

Edited by ShoLin, 29 January 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#80 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

Camp, since you're not gonna put good cash items in RoT, then you wont be making much money. More OP items, more spending. Less OP items, less spending. If you regret putting Gioia there to kill WoE (and PvM folks who were happy about Gioia still left you anyway lol) but you want the remaining WoE Chaos folks to come back, do WoE without asking for new PvM contents weekly, and still spend the money to support the game, I guess you're gonna have to merge Thor and Chaos now and use Thor WoE times. It makes sense since Chaos WoE is gone and no one should even complain. Otherwise, I really hope Chaos folks will continue spending money to support Cash-free RoT  :heh:

#81 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

About the cash shop of RT... I remember that restart had HP and SP potions from the cash shop and they were wide used... Would that come back? What about the silvervine system?

#82 tunwaia

tunwaia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationDreamland( aka Canada )
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

Here's hoping someone answers Ashuckel's post soon,

I am also very interested in what " Item based VIP means.....

I love being able to pay my VIP for 6 months at a time, saving banking and exchange fees... This frees up more cash for me to spoil myself with kafra stuff!

*crossing fingers that not much will change for renewal  VIP  subscriptions.*

Edited by tunwaia, 29 January 2020 - 02:12 PM.

#83 MiyaExx

MiyaExx

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

About the cash shop of RT... I remember that restart had HP and SP potions from the cash shop and they were wide used... Would that come back? What about the silvervine system?

Please no

#84 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

Why not?

#85 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

1.5. Bowling Bash
- Reduces cooldown from 3 seconds to 1.8 seconds.
- Reduces knock-back distance to 2 cells.
- Increases SP consumption from 22 to 38 on level 10.
- For two-handed sword, increases maximum number of hit from 4 hits to 5 hits.
- For other weapons, increases number of hit from 2 hits to 3 hits.
- Damage is increased depends on user's Str.

It will be 4 hits for both ROT and chaos/thor when we get the 1st and 2nd class skill update but for ROT only it will be 5 hits whenever we get this update https://www.divine-p...ts#comment-6676 its a update exclusive for Ragnarok Zero only

Hi
To be clarified. Number of hit of BB when using two-handed sword is determined by number of target.
1 target = 2 hits
2-3 targets = 3 hits
4 targets+ = 4 hits

For other weapons. Number of hit is 2 regardless number of target.

(+1 hit for Ragnarok Zero)

Edited by Sigma1, 29 January 2020 - 04:30 PM.

#86 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

oh i thought BB's gutter line features is remove i guess i go for BS instead and i cant find about priest update about ME become damageable to any enemies...

#87 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

Why not?

Because then whoever spends most money wins. Here is the thing in WoE, it's either one shot broken or unlimited pot broken. By not having Cash pots would make WoE less P2W but the problem still exists. Since most classes still dont have seriously punishing skills to one shot people, then having resources is the main factor to help win WoE. Hence you can see thta some people somehow want to make Fist more spammable to one shot in RoT. Without cash pots, it come to be who bots or farms more in game will have more resources, then most likely to win WoE.

#88 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

oh i thought BB's gutter line features is remove i guess i go for BS instead and i cant find about priest update about ME become damageable to any enemies...

Gutter line issue of BB has been fixed since 2016.
And new BB deal 1 bundle of 2-4 hit dmg instead of 2 separated hits.

ME update is in skill rebalance too.

#89 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

Why not, like the Dimensional Gate NPC (sign) by the entrance of the fields, give us the option to visit old and new versions of maps? Like Old Payon, New Payon, Old Prontera, New Prontera, Morroc, Morroc destroyed, etc.

#90 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

seriously? 2 months seems too much for these updates. i believe u guys can work on your updates on sakray or any other test server until its stable, then port the code over to live server without requiring to shut down the server.

i might be wrong tho, any thoughts? 

#91 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:11 PM

Gutter line issue of BB has been fixed since 2016.
And new BB deal 1 bundle of 2-4 hit dmg instead of 2 separated hits.

ME update is in skill rebalance too.

2016 ? thats kinda long ago maybe its just me how i was using BB on my knight , about the ME thats good i can move forward now on my ME type AB , my +9 shrine maiden hat gonna worth a lot...

#92 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

From all of the listed updates for Renewal, the Navigation System update seems the most intriguing.

I have to admit though: similar to what some have said in the thread already, these updates are a little underwhelming, considering that it will take two months to implement them all.

Edited by Drupische, 29 January 2020 - 07:24 PM.

#93 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:47 PM

I'd be lying if I said I didn't use those woe pots.

I'd also be lying if I said they weren't super busted.

They also meant nobody was buying store potions, cause why would you when a fiver or a few hundred thousand zeny can buy you a month supply of ranked slims.

And you know what happens when nobody is dumping zeny into the biggest zeny sink in the game overrun with five thousand bots?

:ani_money: :ani_money: :ani_money:INFLATION :ani_money: :ani_money: :ani_money:

Edited by Krispin2, 29 January 2020 - 09:48 PM.

#94 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:12 AM

I'd be lying if I said I didn't use those woe pots.
I'd also be lying if I said they weren't super busted.

They also meant nobody was buying store potions, cause why would you when a fiver or a few hundred thousand zeny can buy you a month supply of ranked slims.
And you know what happens when nobody is dumping zeny into the biggest zeny sink in the game overrun with five thousand bots?
:ani_money: :ani_money: :ani_money:INFLATION :ani_money: :ani_money: :ani_money:

Earning money through kp purchases, or avoiding possible inflation. I wonder why WP made that decision, indeed.

#95 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:11 AM

Important question: when will we get a new OCP box?

#96 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:37 AM

Once again. it looks like that kRO still got the best of iRO.

These updates are cool, but it took iRO lesser time (if I rememeber it took less than a week) to move from Original to Renewal updates and they didn't close down for 2 months.

So the major question here is why don't they share their major updates with us?

Aren't they in the same company, but different branches?

Bump!

I would like an honest answer from Camp/WP Team because well, it's our money that we are ''investing'' into their game and it wouldn't hurt to know the reasons behind all of this hiatus.

Edited by MegaEdge, 30 January 2020 - 06:38 AM.

#97 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

Vending taxes is just another form of zeny sink and a really good one. Now on kRO, they start charging taxes at the 10m threshold, items below this price, will be exempt of taxation. 

Now of course, it will not be worth it selling expensive items using Vending and it will be a hassle go into Eden and create a chat as an alternative for this but, there's a better alternative to promote your items and even gives you the possibility to do more things with it and it's, implementing the megaphone. This is what people do in kRO when they want to sell something  expensive and is also commonly used to promote parties and such. This item could even solve the issue that we have on Eden right now, people all clumped up in the lobby, since this is the only place to really communicate to other players. Using Eden is not a bad place to socialize with people but, it will feel more liberated if there could be other options to communicate as well. Cities will feel more organic and alive since players will not have the need to be always on Eden to search for parties or to buy items.

The megaphone is a daily reward on kRO. I don't know if it can be obtainable via cash shop or zeny but, all of this options are good ways to have it available, cash for profit, zeny for zeny sink and daily reward to entice people to play the game. This also can be implemented as a VIP feature like the daily Token of Siegfried.

Edited by Valtios, 30 January 2020 - 07:37 AM.

#98 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:27 AM

Speaking of WoE potions though, the removal of macros on Chaos will severely reduce castle investment, which will reduce supply of WoE potions. Please make bulk purchase of investment tickets and redemption of red paw bags a menu option, something like x100 redemption, that automatically continues 100 times or until tickets run out/weight limit is reached.

And as for investment ticket purchase, let us enter the number we want to purchase, at least 1000 at once.

Also consider implementing Paramarket as a way of addressing the scarcity of brewing materials that EAC will cause.

Edited by WolfTri, 30 January 2020 - 09:37 AM.

#99 sonatta

sonatta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:52 AM

i dont get why its hard to get updates from kro to iro when they're same from gravity studios maybe kro want to milk more money before they hands out the updates lul..

for example black desert online..whatever updates, skill revamp, graphic/ui models,events, and costumes from kro will also followed all globally na/eu,sea,th,cn,jp,kr,mena,tr simultaneously in same date/maintenance...

take note that they're from different publishers and franchises but they're same from Pearl Abyss studio

Edited by sonatta, 30 January 2020 - 09:55 AM.

#100 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:58 AM

EAC not really block macro ,still spamming too fast make you dc though. But someone said it isnt (also me too)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users