PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE! - Page 12 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#276 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:38 AM

Poison Spore is flooded with rogue bots

#277 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:57 AM

Otter map is full with bots and some of them are 99. I know you guys won't do anything anyways.

Edited by Volt88, 14 April 2020 - 11:11 AM.

#278 Glonfel2

Glonfel2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

So i was here at grand pecos and guess what? i found A LOT OF BOTS in a party using my guild name, probably because i was reporting this guy a lot of times and he is kinda upset with me since a lot of bots of him was banned, i was recording and doing the same as always, trying to speak with them and sending pms to assure that they arent a bot, and guess what? after a few minutes, one of them answered me calling me a pig LOL, then i started following that one who insulted me and he keep killing mobs and using skills and walking while he was answering me, well, PRETTY SURE THIS GUY WAS A PLAYER, RIGHT? JK puppy SERIOUS
i hope this guy get banned again and again, i will keep chasing this guy bots just to report, i hope u guys check my ticket asap

#279 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:12 AM

where i can post the names of the bot i saw??

#280 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:23 AM

where i can post the names of the bot i saw??

Hello,

Please submit a support ticket with detail of the user in question.

https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

#281 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:11 AM

Hello,

Please submit a support ticket with detail of the user in question.

https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

sent many times but still saw those damn sh***T bots. tons of level 99 in ayo fields. in the leaf cat maps, also louyang as well dungeon. 

#282 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:34 AM

Well posting their names on forums will not do anything either because bot handling doesn't go through the forums, note that the airstrike thread which is an exception to report map only.

What made bot checking worse is when the reporting became public than using tickets. Such as public reports made bot user more cautious and active to GM investigation, yes they check these forums. Bots now auto teleport on sight and have PM blocked, who knows what else they do now. There's been many reports with name on these forums which I actively remove and pass the reports to the GM staff. This is 2 steps away from sending in a ticket so...

There's a reason why bot reporting should never be done through the forums. Yes I'd blame the public reports, but the majority of blame goes to EAC among other things of course, and I share the same darn frustration with bots lingering on maps for a long while even with tickets being sent.

With that's being said, the only thing I can ask of the users is to send tickets of name of user suspected of botting, and to wait for EAC update. EAC should have gotten an update however it was delayed due to skill rebalance.

jebjebMANGTAS, you can send me that ticket number to check with the head of the GM team, I can't promise you anything though.

#283 Narue33

Narue33

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

Orc lady map is just the same level 90+ rogues farming there since weeks lmao

#284 farmalike

farmalike

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:49 PM

Poison Spore, Muka, Strawberry drop monsters, Bigfoot, Yoyo: those monster's maps are filled with rogue bots.

#285 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:03 PM

This will be my first and last warning, should this topic be used to call out users by name on repeated occasions despite the notices posted then, I will have no choice but to lock this topic. If you wish to genuinely share your concern then kindly do so, other than, inappropriate postings will not be entertained.

Couple posts removed.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 April 2020 - 07:05 PM.

#286 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:08 AM

This will be my first and last warning, should this topic be used to call out users by name on repeated occasions despite the notices posted then, I will have no choice but to lock this topic. If you wish to genuinely share your concern then kindly do so, other than, inappropriate postings will not be entertained.

Couple posts removed.

It was an honest mistake, i didnt mean to 'call out' anyone. So, i'm sorry.

I'll post it again

Just a simple example: go to the Thara Frog's Map and watch the countless amount of bots that are in there, i was in there trying to get a 'Fin Helm' but after a while i was disgusted. Went in Prontera to check the price and a simple Fin Helm is costing over 2M! Why? Because only botters are selling it! Btw, it has been 2 weeks since i went there and checked the price but i bet the situation now is even worse.

No, no botting at all!!!

1uhmN3J.jpg

#287 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:08 AM

I try to get a SkelSoldier card for a few days on the pay_dun01 map and there are bots running around the clock. 
Also I neither on the same server with never seen such disrespect to the players, on RT server KSing everyone and everywhere! 

Link me a topic where I can complain about KSers?
Nerves are not iron!

#288 SirBarathon

SirBarathon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:17 AM

There are so many maps know to be CROWDED with bots. Sea Otter. Peco Peco. Sphinx and Pyramid on morroc. Amatsu. Kunlun. Comodo's area. Bayalan DG. Payon DG. Please. Do something. If a GM ADM or whateaver just do 1 hour of work investigating they can clean the maps out of bots. It's kinda easy actually... hoping they wake up, in the sea otter there's already rogues 99 that were there 1week long without loggin out, that should be easy to spot. Please. Do. Something.

#289 SirBarathon

SirBarathon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:28 AM

Well posting their names on forums will not do anything either because bot handling doesn't go through the forums, note that the airstrike thread which is an exception to report map only.

What made bot checking worse is when the reporting became public than using tickets. Such as public reports made bot user more cautious and active to GM investigation, yes they check these forums. Bots now auto teleport on sight and have PM blocked, who knows what else they do now. There's been many reports with name on these forums which I actively remove and pass the reports to the GM staff. This is 2 steps away from sending in a ticket so...

There's a reason why bot reporting should never be done through the forums. Yes I'd blame the public reports, but the majority of blame goes to EAC among other things of course, and I share the same darn frustration with bots lingering on maps for a long while even with tickets being sent.

With that's being said, the only thing I can ask of the users is to send tickets of name of user suspected of botting, and to wait for EAC update. EAC should have gotten an update however it was delayed due to skill rebalance.

jebjebMANGTAS, you can send me that ticket number to check with the head of the GM team, I can't promise you anything though.

With all the respect dude but bots teleport and ignore PM since they exist. Probably u are not familliar with it so i'm tellin my exp. Around the year 2008 I was ADM on a private server with 2 friends. We spent at least 1hour every day huntin bots. It's kinda easy actually and i guarantee two things : 1 - the bots are not the only one that benefits from the program (a lot of corrupted adm also do, i'm not saying that's the case, i'm hoping iRO won't be like bRO) . 2 - Bots can teleport (even when they see a GM or even if he is in @hide), they can ignore pm, they can send automatic answers (and emojis). What they can't do is stop attackin the monster they are supposed to attack. There're ppl who program to kill the 'x' monster only on the 'y' map (wich is kinda troublesome for the prison map but I guarantee that this is about 1% of the bots, most of the ppl just buyit or share with'em already configurated - that fact would be also a important factor on the search for them, at least for a programmer...)   All that i'm saying is in order to provide usual information. Hope u guys do something substancial.

#290 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:50 AM

With all the respect dude but bots teleport and ignore PM since they exist. Probably u are not familliar with it so i'm tellin my exp. Around the year 2008 I was ADM on a private server with 2 friends. We spent at least 1hour every day huntin bots. It's kinda easy actually and i guarantee two things : 1 - the bots are not the only one that benefits from the program (a lot of corrupted adm also do, i'm not saying that's the case, i'm hoping iRO won't be like bRO) . 2 - Bots can teleport (even when they see a GM or even if he is in @hide), they can ignore pm, they can send automatic answers (and emojis). What they can't do is stop attackin the monster they are supposed to attack. There're ppl who program to kill the 'x' monster only on the 'y' map (wich is kinda troublesome for the prison map but I guarantee that this is about 1% of the bots, most of the ppl just buyit or share with'em already configurated - that fact would be also a important factor on the search for them, at least for a programmer...)   All that i'm saying is in order to provide usual information. Hope u guys do something substancial.

The most effective way is to send alleged bots to jail.
Even if they are configured to logoff from the Jail card  - a living person would never logoff from such a map, because they had never seen it. And if he did, he wasn't logoff, because he knows what it will lead to.

#291 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:18 AM

The most effective way is to send alleged bots to jail.
Even if they are configured to logoff from the Jail card  - a living person would never logoff from such a map, because they had never seen it. And if he did, he wasn't logoff, because he knows what it will lead to.

Afaik, since EAC was implemented only Xkore 2 or 3 works, meaning you NEED to have the game client open for the bot to work; ppl can just turn off the bot and behave normally once caught, as they usually do.

#292 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

Afaik, since EAC was implemented only Xkore 2 or 3 works, meaning you NEED to have the game client open for the bot to work; ppl can just turn off the bot and behave normally once caught, as they usually do.

So you think someone is monitoring their bot 24\7? :)

#293 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

give up on bots, GMs do tolerate them. If they wanted really to ban them, they can spend even 10 minutes a day and find them to ban bots, on very popular map like otters and poison spore

#294 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

give up on bots, GMs do tolerate them. If they wanted really to ban them, they can spend even 10 minutes a day and find them to ban bots, on very popular map like otters and poison spore

as a matter of fact, even the RMT accounts are tolerated. Reported them in the last two weeks and they did process the ticket and boom seen them again in towns. lol

#295 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:24 PM

Servers should be able to detect bot IMO.

#296 anonymous9898

anonymous9898

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

Bots allowed. RMT allowed. Say's a lot about the legitimacy of the RT community lol. Why not just go play on a private server,or they need to prove their epeen on a official one?

RT is already trashed by bots since the first few weeks in, yet people continue to play and hoping for woe lmao.

#297 Brokoly123

Brokoly123

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:27 AM

It seems staff forgot that topic exist btw. They just ignore players demand

#298 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:16 AM

Honestly there is more bots than actual players now. Seems like literally every map has 2-10 bots as long as its something farmable.

Creamy map, tons of thief bots
Driller map, Priest bots
Grand peco maps sooooo many lvl 99 bots xD...

I'm at a point where I consider every Spear sader, or Rogue a bot.

Seen plenty of guilded/costumed bots.

Think a GM needs to make a normal account and just walk around and grab some names/ID. cause most the Gpeco bots don't even tele, they just walk around randomly.

#299 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

Sadly I am forced to close this topic, at least for now.

Seeing how the posters chose to repeatedly insult the staff and reposting inappropriate content when asked not to. Please understand that, insults and posting inappropriate content will not fix the bot problem so..

While the issue of bot user persists, I'd kindly ask that users to still use the correct medium to report bot user, yes, which is through the ticket system.

That's being said, I will relink this topic to WP staff in hopes of getting an official response on the matter. Maybe the staff will reopen it for further discussion. Till then, I'd kindly and politely ask the users to not recreate the topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users