OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes. - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#101 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:20 PM

dress armors > break abusive/consul/brinhild etc etc Card Ktulanux/Gloon and some cards and alot armor/cards and future armor

Abusive / Flattery Robe [1]     >>>>   Nature Dress / Bryn  (Human)
                                                  <<<<   Abyss Dress              (Undead)

[Gloom]      >>>>                                       (Demon)

[Any MVP]  >>>>   Any OCP Dress

Winner: Abusive / Flattery

Excelion Armor and the enchants should have been here and that's another thing.

PDM/Jup ring > break godlys like meginjard and etc, taking the motivation to go woe = Woe Dead

alot OCP bootS break temporal and alot boots PMV

How much is Diabolus Boots again? oh snap..
Last time i checked Suras / DB RKs / GXes still use Temporal Boots Speed of Light
What do CRIT type classes use? it's so obvious I'm too lazy to type it.

Other than temporal boots, what Boots exactly does the game have that are not 10+ years old?

Headgears bio 5 like /AB/Shura/mechanic/sorcer/warlock turned trash after OCP

Cause some of those are trash to begin with. kRO don't know -_- about Balance.
Suras, Sorcs & WLs in WoE use BIO5. you seem to have forgotten the enchants are just as OP if not more.
BIO5 Hats, the enchants and the cards made WoE a one shot, kill you first type of play. +14 KvMs alone never did this.

PVM gears/Card are all trash because of OCP

you know how much True Randel card is?
Dark Faceworm?

Lord Sakray card?
All the Illusion of Frozen cards?
Chimera cards?
Gigantes card? this one doesn't even have a price yet cause of the stupid 7 days cooldown.
Sky Fortress weapons?

Rockridge gears/ cards? (Metal Stick [3] should have been here but kRO is dumb)

Poison Forged Spear [3]?

Illusion Long Mace [2]?

Vicious Mind Staffs with proper enchants?
Illusion Weapons?

if there was one OCP that helped, it was 1 in 10 :ani_shy: Royal Guards, Mechanics, Warlocks, Sorcs, Summoners say hello to you.

there comes ppl saying that OCP helped :ani_swt3:  yeah leveling got so much faster and easier.

KRO things Like[shadows] would not screw up that much they're the same as OCPs

OCP distroyed all game gears/farm etc :ani_shy: *face palm*

why farm instance? why play? we can expect a wp for gears at the money store *face palm*

worst of all and that ignorant players don't understand it. *face palm*

with KRO gears at least we are farming instance, having fun and having updates

getting kRO shadow gears doesn't mean we get kRO content alongside them. It's purely kRO's fault not sending updates to iRO.

why? would use shadow, and not devalue all current and future content

The point now is, buy OCP and stay at eden doing nothing, Fun?? :ani_swt3: *face palm*

#102 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

dress armors > break abusive/consul/brinhild etc etc Card Ktulanux/Gloon and some cards and alot armor/cards and future armor

PDM/Jup ring > break godlys like meginjard and etc, taking the motivation to go woe = Woe Dead

Last time i checked Suras / DB RKs / GXes still use Temporal Boots Speed of Light

Other than temporal boots, what Boots exactly does the game have that are not 10+ years old?

Suras, Sorcs & WLs in WoE use BIO5. you seem to have forgotten the enchants are just as OP if not more.
BIO5 Hats, the enchants and the cards made WoE a one shot, kill you first type of play. +14 KvMs alone never did this.

Dark Faceworm?

Lord Sakray card?
Chimera cards?
Gigantes card? this one doesn't even have a price yet cause of the stupid 7 days cooldown.
Sky Fortress weapons?

Poison Forged Spear [3]?

Illusion Long Mace [2]?

Illusion Weapons?

if there was one OCP that helped, it was 1 in 10 :ani_shy: Royal Guards, Mechanics, Warlocks, Sorcs, Summoners say hello to you.

there comes ppl saying that OCP helped :ani_swt3:  yeah leveling got so much faster and easier.

OCP distroyed all game gears/farm etc :ani_shy: *face palm*

why farm instance? why play? we can expect a wp for gears at the money store *face palm*

getting kRO shadow gears doesn't mean we get kRO content alongside them. It's purely kRO's fault not sending updates to iRO.

The point now is, buy OCP and stay at eden doing nothing, Fun?? :ani_swt3: *face palm*

I'm 99.99% that this is a WoE perspective and maybe some things are right in this case but, when it comes to PvM(The content that almost all people play) there are some things that are just completely wrong . I'm pretty sure that the other person was talking strictly for PvM because lets face it, no ones plays WoE.

Edited by Valtios, 14 February 2020 - 07:11 PM.

#103 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

Dark Faceworm?

Lord Sakray card?
Chimera cards?
Sky Fortress weapons?

Poison Forged Spear [3]?

Illusion Long Mace [2]?

Illusion Weapons?

if there was one OCP that helped, it was 1 in 10  Royal Guards, Mechanics, Warlocks, Sorcs, Summoners say hello to you.

there comes ppl saying that OCP helped   yeah leveling got so much faster and easier.

OCP distroyed all game gears/farm etc  *face palm*

The point now is, buy OCP and stay at eden doing nothing, Fun??  *face palm*

you're right, we dont need game mechanics, always use OCP.

no more need to do godly, because ocp Rules

there comes ppl saying that OCP helped    yeah leveling got so much faster and easier> up fast, faster, the game gets boring, you get 175, next step? spent 200~500 dollar = GG rigth?

KRO things Like[shadows] would not screw up that much they're the same as OCPs > wrong dont compare the main set with the shadow set

take any armor from the game with enchantment, then tell me this armor that did more damage than the combo dress nature/abyss/icefall this because it didn't come holy dress [IDK name]

if there was one OCP that helped, it was 1 in 10   Royal Guards, Mechanics, Warlocks, Sorcs, Summoners say hello to you. improvements neither exist :ani_sry:

friend, what I mean, that the game is so easy with OCP, that it completely lost the sense of playing

the sense of farming is lost, the mechanics of the game are lost.

lv175 + 500 dollar = GAME OVER

there is no more sense of you, going after an armor, trying to get the best enchant etc.

why? i have 3 dress = full power damage, maybe tatenashi [TG] armor future? Drake armor? :hinthint: = Card Drake dead?

armor with 50% HP SP :hinthint:  DB OP :gg:

nahhhh, we need PDM 100% bypass, @samurai specter nevermore @useless mechanic DEF and DEFM useless too?

naaahh, we need a ring with 150 atk+bless lv 6  :hinthint:

i am lazy sorry, but if you compare shadow vs OCP, Shadow gear from KRO is a joke

do you know why? for you to get something in the shadow [MVP card effect] you need to spend almost all of the shadow slot, 1 OCP did it laughing! ex: 1 set shadow mistress KRO, u need spent 3~5 slot or penetrant etc etc.. 1 OCP did it alone, and still with lots of stats

so friend, OCP help a lot, you are right! :ok:

tenor.gif?itemid=5407994

Edited by Chacal666, 14 February 2020 - 07:35 PM.

#104 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

I'm 99.99% that this is a WoE perspective and maybe some things are right in this case but, when it comes to PvM(The content that almost all people play) there are some things that are just completely wrong . I'm pretty sure that the other person was talking strictly for PvM because lets face it, no ones plays WoE.

the only thing WoE related to my reply was him bringing up BIO5 hats for Suras/WLs/Sorcs/Mechs getting obsolete.
90% of it is PvM.

the only thing he said sensible is OCP accessories made Gods obsolete which is WoE related.
most of the things he blabbered about is PvM.

#105 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

sure, the enchants on shadow gear seem "weak" when you look at the table.

Dont forget to look at the table x10, since thats how many shadows you use :v.

#106 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:14 PM

I'm just gonna sit here and hug my Gray Wing Boots from jRO because it finally made my weird build strong enough to participate in most of the recent game content :heh:

The reality of it though, is that I wouldn't have needed it if only the game was properly balanced right from the start

Edited by ninJedi, 14 February 2020 - 08:16 PM.

#107 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1717 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:24 PM

you're right, we dont need game mechanics, always use OCP.

no more need to do godly, because ocp Rules

there comes ppl saying that OCP helped    yeah leveling got so much faster and easier> up fast, faster, the game gets boring, you get 175, next step? spent 200~500 dollar = GG rigth?

KRO things Like[shadows] would not screw up that much they're the same as OCPs > wrong dont compare the main set with the shadow set

take any armor from the game with enchantment, then tell me this armor that did more damage than the combo dress nature/abyss/icefall this because it didn't come holy dress [IDK name]

if there was one OCP that helped, it was 1 in 10   Royal Guards, Mechanics, Warlocks, Sorcs, Summoners say hello to you. improvements neither exist :ani_sry:

friend, what I mean, that the game is so easy with OCP, that it completely lost the sense of playing

the sense of farming is lost, the mechanics of the game are lost.

lv175 + 500 dollar = GAME OVER

there is no more sense of you, going after an armor, trying to get the best enchant etc.

why? i have 3 dress = full power damage, maybe tatenashi [TG] armor future? Drake armor? :hinthint: = Card Drake dead?

armor with 50% HP SP :hinthint:  DB OP :gg:

nahhhh, we need PDM 100% bypass, @samurai specter nevermore @useless mechanic DEF and DEFM useless too?

naaahh, we need a ring with 150 atk+bless lv 6  :hinthint:

i am lazy sorry, but if you compare shadow vs OCP, Shadow gear from KRO is a joke

do you know why? for you to get something in the shadow [MVP card effect] you need to spend almost all of the shadow slot, 1 OCP did it laughing! ex: 1 set shadow mistress KRO, u need spent 3~5 slot or penetrant etc etc.. 1 OCP did it alone, and still with lots of stats

tenor.gif?itemid=5407994

KRO shadow isn't obtainable in game. so we can just called it OCP things.

KRO also got some like Silvervine fruit that reroll illusion option (another cash shop things) 

KRO got defense scroll that make everyone tank like Royalguard in cash shop 

KRO also got Weekly pack and OCP weapon. This is 2020 not year 2000. Server can't live without some cash shop.

iRO already minimum the p2w already but just say content is content and it still lacking

Or just got play roT until OCP come  :ani_slur:  Spamming post for useless concern It not gonna help

Edited by aTID2, 14 February 2020 - 08:26 PM.

#108 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

sure, the enchants on shadow gear seem "weak" when you look at the table.

Dont forget to look at the table x10, since thats how many shadows you use :v.

5 to be exact, only shadow equipment can be enchanted and it will be a grand investment if you want to have all the desired enchants that you want. AND even if you get all of the perfect enchants that you want, still will be less powerful than OCP items, nice huh?

Edited by Valtios, 14 February 2020 - 09:26 PM.

#109 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

I feel deja vu as it looks like penetration/tempest set arguments long time ago.

#110 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:11 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5407994

Yes you’re done with the PvM aspect, then it’s your time to step up to the real aspect of the game. The place where you train hard and prepare all your life for this very movement ... WoE. I’ve never seen a server that still running without WoE, but I’ve seen many servers that still running without new PvM contents as long as WoE is active.

Let’s say, OCPs never exited. Then the next most OP thing in game would be to Gen (and that’s exactly why many people built as army of Gens, to play game easier). No one complained how Gens destroyed the game by making other classes lesser in PvM. That’s because the exploitation is not P2W but the exploitation and game breaker is still there. People hating on OCPs because they are cash items.

#111 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

Faceworm Instances have 2 mode: easy and hard mode. Makes me want those enchantable shadow gears xD

#112 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:02 AM

best solution, go to RoT :D  or ragnarok 2 :rolleyes:

#113 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

OCP is really a good stuff in another meaning. It reduces the distance between the ordinary player and "the most well off player with lots of MVP card" without hurting their interests.

It makes the majority of players feel much better in playing that game.

Bring back OCP please!!!!

#114 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

Yeah where are the new OCP?!

I just got $5,000 back in taxes, i need something to spend on.

Do WP not want money? We all know renewal has been in a low on income since it has opened. Lol

Everyone in the US is getting their taxes back Feb thru March.

Monopolize on this NOW, WP!!!!

:ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:  :ani_money:

That should be enough to cover next month's the salary for two WP staffs. I'd take it if I were you WP.

#115 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

OCP is really a good stuff in another meaning. It reduces the distance between the ordinary player and "the most well off player with lots of MVP card" without hurting their interests.

It makes the majority of players feel much better in playing that game.

Bring back OCP please!!!!

Yes bring back items that pretty much ruined the game.

It's bloody sad day when purchased items are better than the best in game items.

#116 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

They break the game to sell you the solution.

#117 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

It's bloody sad day when purchased items are better than the best in game items.

Generally speaking, this is somewhat true. However given that Chaos is full of exploiters, OCPs have saved lives. I wouldn’t enjoy game much when my underdog class couldn’t do most profitable instances, worse, people ran many alts and saturated markets anyways. More OCPs always good :D

#118 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

Is IRO Renewal becoming a Pay2Win server? Yes

I'm tried of hearing people cry about OCP being over powered.

If it's so strong and over powered, why can't you just buy that over powered item and enjoy the fun of using it, as well?

giphy.gif

If you can't afford the OCP item.

Welp Woomp Woomp 

Edited by abui951, 15 February 2020 - 03:13 PM.

#119 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

I did not want to participate in this discussion but let's go.

just tell me the name of a game that has a system for selling in-game items, where items obtained by drops from monsters are better than those sold for cash.

I just want the name of a current game that is still working.

#120 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:49 PM

I mean... it wouldn't be a luxury item if it wasn't any different from normal items anyways

The real problem is the extent of the difference between them

#121 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

I did not want to participate in this discussion but let's go.

just tell me the name of a game that has a system for selling in-game items, where items obtained by drops from monsters are better than those sold for cash.

I just want the name of a current game that is still working.

Not 100% positive on your question.

If you mean in game items that are better than cash shop items.

FF X I V (Yes I have to space it like that because WP is such afraid of that name. Seriously, why can't I mention it? What about WoW/ World of War Craft?)

There is no such thing as cash shop weapons/gears, unless you consider cosmetic. And that's the way it should be.

Selling in game items on a cash shop is retarded as well.

Edited by ShoLin, 15 February 2020 - 05:25 PM.

#122 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:57 PM

Not 100% positive on your question.

If you mean in game items that are better than cash shop items.

FF X I V (Yes I have to space it like that because WP is such afraid of that name. Seriously, why can't I mention it? What about WoW/ World of War Craft?)

There is no such thing as cash shop weapons/gears, unless you consider cosmetic. And that's the way it should be.

Selling in game items on a cash shop is retarded as well.

about FF XV I can’t say anything since I don’t know the game or anyone playing it, now about WoW they make up for the lack of "Cash items" with the prices charged for each expansion, each pet and each mount they sell and we know very well that cosmetics and pet/moun sell a lot.

and why not follow their example?

simple the player base here at iRO is already used to the system that has been used for some years and any change will be seen in a bad and used as an excuse to hate the staff who are just working.

if 2 years ago when the first OCP came "which was horrible by the way" nobody had bought it I guarantee that this system would not be active at the moment and these systems will continue as long as there are people willing to buy.

this is the same reason why botters and people who do RTM are still active in a game of almost 20 years like ragarok, because there will always be a ´layer willing to pay to have an advantage, and between buying "cash items" or buy zeny from botters i prefer to invest in something official and that will help the server to keep up.

but this is just my opinion and I respect and understand that you don't like the lootbox system and the "overpower" items that come with it. 

#123 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

about FF XV I can’t say anything since I don’t know the game or anyone playing it, now about WoW they make up for the lack of "Cash items" with the prices charged for each expansion, each pet and each mount they sell and we know very well that cosmetics and pet/moun sell a lot.

and why not follow their example?

Because the developers in Korea can't handle creating a decent-sized expansion that includes more than 1 town and 3 field maps.

#124 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

It's even worse now, each gear is upwards to 5b+ and there is no decent way to make zeny anymore.

Each instance run nets you about 50m that's 100 runs per gear. Furthermore, that's if you can even sell the loot from said runs. It takes about 2 weeks to sell 300 ocas. 2 months per gear.

This is becoming a joke. Anyone new would be insane to join in.

#125 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

:no1:  :no1: FiyHs0d.png

thor is cheap as dirt

Edited by bearl, 15 February 2020 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users