Unfortunate end for branch classes - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unfortunate end for branch classes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 friggasash

friggasash

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 03:09 PM

It seems that branch classes like shadow chaser, maestro, sura are certainly being left behind in terms of skills, items and ocps.

Even after the so called " balance" patches the IRO team implemented skill damage/ usefulness  of these character has severely cut down to the point that both in game and on forums these characters are no longer seen.

Can the Gm team or even campitor inquire with the KRo development team on what will happen to these classes? or will this classes and subsequently this game end its character diversity. 

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:03 PM

Shadow Chaser and Sura are PvP and WoE classes. Since there aint WoEs, they're rarely seen in PvM where they suck.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

You know nothing of Suras or Chasers if you think they suck in PvM.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:48 PM

Definitely suck ~~~ or people are just too clueless to play them. I'm sick of seeing more GX and more Gen in PvM. People gotta start maining SC and Sura in Pvm too!  :ani_bzz:

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

Definitely suck ~~~ or people are just too clueless to play them. I'm sick of seeing more GX and more Gen in PvM. People gotta start maining SC and Sura in Pvm too!  :ani_bzz:

They are clueless. Most people jump to Gene or GX because on paper they are impossible to beat, the reality is it comes to how well you know a class and the gears you have access to.

#6 friggasash

friggasash

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:17 PM

Nirvanna21, I dont want to point any fingers but those " gears" your pointing at might be OCP items which some people might not be comfortable buying for a casual game.

Also as opposed to the ranger class, sura and shadow chasers has no in game damage boosting game such as White Wing set which I might add provide an unfair advantage to classes that has no access to these gear.

Also I want to point out that there is no new guides/updated guide for these classes sing 5 years ago.      

Edited by friggasash, 21 March 2020 - 05:19 PM.

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

Nirvanna21, I dont want to point any fingers but those " gears" your pointing at might be OCP items which some people might not be comfortable buying for a casual game.

Also as opposed to the ranger class, sura and shadow chasers has no in game damage boosting game such as White Wing set which I might add provide an unfair advantage to classes that has no access to these gear.

Also I want to point out that there is now new guides/updated guide for these classes sing 5 years ago.      

Don't need OCP gears to make them good, just requires knowing what to do. Yes OCP do boost things a lot, but still, we have had new in game gears introduced, they just pale by comparison.

Guides don't get updated because most people who spent time learning how to play don't even really appear on the forums anymore.

#8 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:27 PM

KRO do.

#9 friggasash

friggasash

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:33 PM

My point still stands that these branch classes are on the dead end, since they have received so much balance (nerf) that they could not keep up with other classes.

Also think about this, you are playing ragnarok for casual purposes i.e. stress relief when you see other classes pulling small mobs and you are stuck dealing low damage wouldn't you be disappointed and chose another class?         

Also players have evolved/changed nowadays from team/party plays to single/ solo play and I think that Kro/Iro hasn't changed their thinking.

Sigma1 please do not post Kro videos that has no place in IRo since they have a different "character balance", also you might want to question the items being used on the video. 

Edited by friggasash, 21 March 2020 - 05:39 PM.

#10 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:45 PM

Sigma1 please do not post Kro videos that has no place in IRo since they have a different "character balance", also you might want to question the items being used on the video. 

Above videos I posted just to answer one of your OP question.

Can the Gm team or even campitor inquire with the KRo development team on what will happen to these classes? or will this classes and subsequently this game end its character diversity.

Edited by Sigma1, 21 March 2020 - 05:46 PM.

#11 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:04 PM

playing victim mentality :ani_swt3:

Nevertheless OP won't listen to any of inputs or advice posted here

#12 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:19 PM

I’d say play any class you have fun with since all classes are able to solo majority of MVPs but trash I don't think most people will listen to this or any similar advice.

Sorc is fun as hell to play but requires slightly more work than a gen or gx. But at the end of the day will be able to solo most MVPs.
I’m sure Sura and sc are just as fun and deal just as much damage even with future changes.

Edited by hammie, 21 March 2020 - 06:46 PM.

#13 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

im a big fan of sura sprites. but honestly sura is stupid.

that is in terms of pvm content wise.

lion howl is one of the best spammable skill you have now with devil's hand but, it's meelee physical. any monster with reflect just destory you.
damage is capped at a certain range since you cant use EA to further stack your damage.

spammablity is much lower then Gene's CC , cause of the spirit spheres.

Flash combo , ( Tiger cannon ) force neutral. you wont be able to hit anything ghost element.

wont be able to increase damage significantly using elemental scrolls.
there's also hit Requirement 

at best without TGK you're looking at 300~500k damage.

spammability is low, couldnt use pot during the FC animation, that cause your character to die when facing stronger mvps.

Lighting ride. meh...
Rampage Blast. stupid long cooldown
Gate of Hell, Single target high SP consumption, force neutral. HIT requirement
G.Fist, the damage i'm getting is not anywhere near satisfactory

if you want to enjoy sura. spend enough to gear him well. 

if it's me, i rather invest in RG/Mado/Gene

#14 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

My point still stands that these branch classes are on the dead end, since they have received so much balance (nerf) that they could not keep up with other classes.

Also think about this, you are playing ragnarok for casual purposes i.e. stress relief when you see other classes pulling small mobs and you are stuck dealing low damage wouldn't you be disappointed and chose another class?         

Also players have evolved/changed nowadays from team/party plays to single/ solo play and I think that Kro/Iro hasn't changed their thinking.

Wait, did chaser and maestro got nerf recently?

Anyway I felt like it's even easier to play chaser and maestro nowadays imo, with the newer gears available. Maestro can deal even higher Severe Rainstorm damage nowadays with Emerald Ring and True Trentini, and this is sort of like a class that is partially meant for support.

Chaser got more options too nowadays. From stronger bowling bash, stronger Ignition Break, I ever see a player use Magnus Exorcismus lol

Edited by 2999140515055616440, 21 March 2020 - 06:40 PM.

#15 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:56 PM

im a big fan of sura sprites. but honestly sura is stupid.

that is in terms of pvm content wise.

lion howl is one of the best spammable skill you have now with devil's hand but, it's meelee physical. any monster with reflect just destory you.
damage is capped at a certain range since you cant use EA to further stack your damage.

spammablity is much lower then Gene's CC , cause of the spirit spheres.

Flash combo , ( Tiger cannon ) force neutral. you wont be able to hit anything ghost element.

wont be able to increase damage significantly using elemental scrolls.
there's also hit Requirement 

at best without TGK you're looking at 300~500k damage.

spammability is low, couldnt use pot during the FC animation, that cause your character to die when facing stronger mvps.

Lighting ride. meh...
Rampage Blast. stupid long cooldown
Gate of Hell, Single target high SP consumption, force neutral. HIT requirement
G.Fist, the damage i'm getting is not anywhere near satisfactory

if you want to enjoy sura. spend enough to gear him well. 

if it's me, i rather invest in RG/Mado/Gene

You didn't spend enough to make Lightning ride good enough.

Just see this vid from 3 years ago and see what is capable of

Now we have ODR and tons of cast delay reduction gears even though the skill usage is limited to number of spirit spheres.

Rising dragon cap your spirit spheres to 15 max and you can still adjust the skill level usage (lower level consume less spheres).

Maximum skill level consumes 5 spheres with the widest AoE range then again you can refill all 15 spheres in one go with Zen anyway.

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

Pick whatever class you wanna play. Doesnt matter what other people say. Always trust yourself. If you think Sura/SC suck in PvM, then pick another class. Personally, if it was years ago, I would never suggest players to play RG. It sucked, so much that many people actually left their RG rotten in their storage. It's not until we actually got Imperial set and this god damn Shield ring. Now everyone including their mom wants to play RG. T. Randel card is 3b. People are looking for the Gelerdrian and Anemos shield. I just came back and I have to admit, currently RG is just so broken. It's powerful in almost every aspect of the game from PvP, WoE, and PvM. You can even spam BB and run over MvPs like nothing. 

RG right now is very strong. You might enjoy it. However, by default, nothing particularly special about this class. Hence, if you wanna play RG, better have funds to invest. It's expensive to gear up for meta RG. Once you're geared, you'll just enjoy this class to your heart content.

Maybe you can give RG a try  :ani_slur:  

Edited by ChakriGuard, 21 March 2020 - 07:06 PM.

#17 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

I prefer to play with your godly yet versatile RG variety style chak, instead of one hit mashing ED or OB :ani_slur:

ED Mashing Setup

OB Mashing Setup

#18 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

You didn't spend enough to make Lightning ride good enough.

Just see this vid from 3 years ago and see what is capable of

Now we have ODR and tons of cast delay reduction gears even though the skill usage is limited to number of spirit spheres.

Rising dragon cap your spirit spheres to 15 max and you can still adjust the skill level usage (lower level consume less spheres).

Maximum skill level consumes 5 spheres with the widest AoE range then again you can refill all 15 spheres in one go with Zen anyway.

i seen that, i know that.

i think you need to play sura to understand sura.

dont assume that i'll be using gentle touch energy gain with rising dragon to hit antegg at anthell01
yes. i'll refill 15 spheres for sure with that many antegg

#19 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

There are many godly RGs now. I hate ED RG too. I feel like it's just a DB RK ... zzz. Though I have to admit, ED RG is the best build to farm Bio5 and general farming. Next is 60%-90% After cast reduc OB build. However some people cant spam OB so quickly. Some people just spam OB like it's VP. I dont know how but lol. Crit EB build is kind of dead as this build was for WoE. VP/CS, imo and for me, is still the best MvP build. My OB spam is like 2 - 2.5 OB/sec only at 193 ASPD and 90% After case delay (2 Shield rings and 1 Kiel)

Personally, ED is good, OB is great ... but CS ... is godly ... 

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 21 March 2020 - 07:30 PM.

#20 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:34 PM

i seen that, i know that.

i think you need to play sura to understand sura.

dont assume that i'll be using gentle touch energy gain with rising dragon to hit antegg at anthell01
yes. i'll refill 15 spheres for sure with that many antegg

I own 10 sura char myself, which have specific build in every char.

I played most of classes and own the optimized equipment for all of those clasess, switch & swap easily and experiment it myself.

Lots of great equipments are usable in every class nowadays and I invest on those types of equipments.

There are many godly RGs now. I hate ED RG too. I feel like it's just a DB RK ... zzz. Though I have to admit, ED RG is the best build to farm Bio5 and general farming. Next is 60%-90% After cast reduc OB build. However some people cant spam OB so quickly. Some people just spam OB like it's VP. I dont know how but lol. Crit EB build is kind of dead as this build was for WoE. VP/CS, imo and for me, is still the best MvP build. My OB spam is like 2 - 2.5 OB/sec only at 193 ASPD and 90% After case delay (2 Shield rings and 1 Kiel)

Personally, ED is good, OB is great ... but CS ... is godly ... 

Spoiler

lend me your MoT card & Megs Chak :ani_slur:

Edited by SeiginoYuusha, 21 March 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#21 7460181126215735827

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:10 PM

@Sigma refer to this link https://youtu.be/4KWSvjMeM2Q

Which gears is she wore ?   :thx:

#22 isssues

isssues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:55 PM

@Sigma refer to this link https://youtu.be/4KWSvjMeM2Q

Which gears is she wore ?   :thx:

source.gif

#23 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:34 PM

@Sigma refer to this link https://youtu.be/4KWSvjMeM2Q

Which gears is she wore ? :thx:

How can I know her equipment if she doesn't show them?

#24 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:34 PM

Gene not good?  :hmm: Sura not good? Both of them are good in overall tho.

Edited by AlsonFam, 21 March 2020 - 11:35 PM.

#25 7460181126215735827

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:55 PM

How can I know her equipment if she doesn't show them?

haha okay anyway thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users