Focused Arrow Strike Guide WIP - Page 2 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Focused Arrow Strike Guide WIP

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 April 2020 - 01:23 PM

Doesn't even need to do MA like damage we just need more after cast delay reduction gears to make it spammable like in KRO

You would require 60% delay reduction to spam it to the point where it is good, you would also need 190 ASPD; and, no FCT or VCT. It's a pretty intense gear setup that would also cripple the damage dealt.

#27 Paperpaper123

Paperpaper123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:00 PM

Aspd isn't hard with the setup you listed need like 60 to 80 agi for 190 aspd.FCT just get the Magic essence enchant or temp dex. VCT forgot the exact I had think you can get 490 total int and dex with 120 dex and 100 int as ranger get high upgrade temp dex and food buff to finish it off it's doable. After cast delay would be the problem i guess need kiel without changing for sub optimal items.

Edited by Paperpaper123, 29 April 2020 - 03:17 PM.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:05 PM

Aspd isn't hard with the setup you listed need like 60 to 80 agi for 190 aspd.FCT just get the Magic essence enchant. VCT you can get like 490 total int and dex with 120 dex and 100 int as ranger easy get high upgrade temp dex and food buff it's doable. After cast delay would be the problem i guess need kiel without changing for sub optimal items.

You would need 2 Kiel Cards; and, would need to swap out the Gambler Set for a Mob Scarf Set. You would have to swap Vit for Agi as well in order to achieve 190 ASPD. I will work it out later as to how much you could do with this variation and post it in the guide to give a clear picture.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 29 April 2020 - 03:12 PM.

#29 Paperpaper123

Paperpaper123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:16 PM

You would need 2 Kiel Cards; and, would need to swap out the Gambler Set for a Mob Scarf Set. You would have to swap Vit for Agi as well in order to achieve 190 ASPD. I will work it out later as to how much you could do with this variation and post it in the guide to give a clear picture.

Thank you. Can you compare the dresses(abyss,nature,icefall) to gray wing set too? Didnt get a chance to do much with sakray and don't have zeny to test them.

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:17 PM

Thank you. Can you compare the dresses(abyss,nature,icefall) to gray wing set too? Didnt get a chance to do much with sakray and don't have zeny to test them.

I won't bother with dresses. Namely because they only come out ever so slightly better in specific scenarios.

#31 Paperpaper123

Paperpaper123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

I won't bother with dresses. Namely because they only come out ever so slightly better in specific scenarios.

Thank you I was wondering this

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

best case scenario for dresses is if you have a really high acute enchant bio5 hat, so you use a Temp dex to get rid of the skill fixed cast time

#33 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

When using Focused Arrow Strike on Izlude Academy Neutral Eggs, you will deal with this setup roughly 261,338.

i recall looking at others dealing about 150k on eggs , spammable 

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

best case scenario for dresses is if you have a really high acute enchant bio5 hat, so you use a Temp dex to get rid of the skill fixed cast time

Acute 5 would nullify (and surpass) the crit damage from WWSuit+Gray Wing Boots combo. When referring to dresses, assuming you were facing a target that took both penalties from the dress, it will now take 1.96x more damage. But that assumes both are in play; where as, the Suit Combo offers a flat 1.75x damage modifier. So if your target is double dipped, you do 11% more damage overall. But, if you are willing to throw in 2x Kiels for this build, throwing an Amdarais Card nullifies this difference entirely, let alone a Ktullanux Card or Gloom Under Night Card :U

i recall looking at others dealing about 150k on eggs , spammable 

Dunno what their gears were, but also remember the damage you saw has no base modifier added to it. You can make FAS doing over 1.6m damage spammable if you are decked to the hall with MVP Cards. I am talking 2x Kiel, Armor Cards like Ktull or Gloom, MOT for good measure.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 29 April 2020 - 03:32 PM.

#35 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:39 PM

found it. HE proc 150k
well looking at it, there's alot more can be done to improve the damage

Current Reports:

•  

• Is the Focused Arrow Strike properly updated? It seems way too weak to have like only 150k damage (with Hawkeye already activated). Not sure if intentional or I have any mistakes on my items to test...

Screenshots for proof:

Spoiler

Edited by bearl, 29 April 2020 - 03:43 PM.

#36 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

I was able to spam it doing around 120k~ without a headgear. Prism ranger scarf gives 10% ACD and Temp Dex SOL + T Ring is another 30%, 5% from PDM at 90 int and with ODA + Foods + Improve Concentration you have instant cast, but that means literally no VIT (35k hp pool is still decent for a glass cannon, you are gonna get oneshot regardless lol) and no STR for weight.

The DPS is SLIGHTLY better i wont do the math because it would be a gear basis but you hit like ~3 times in the time you have a hit with the other build, but the build that Nirvana recommends deals ~2.5-2.8 times more damage per hit, so at the end of the day it would depend in your playstyle and what you have at hand if we ever get the FCT mid stone Nirvana build will do far more damage so keep that in mind regardless of how you decide to play

Edited by Leonchascon, 29 April 2020 - 03:48 PM.

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:47 PM

RIGHT.

So, I have made some changes to the guide. Instead of focusing on two routes, it will be a single route with an option to extend since it is pretty flexible that way.

I wanna thank Leonchascon for pointing out Prism Rangers Scarf (lel still can't believe I got that name in, don't sue me n1) gives 10% delay reduction. This is quite a big change, since the first step towards an additional hit is 40% delay reduction; and, this means that you only need a single kiel for that extension. Now, as my previously posted build pointed out, you can do up to five hits per second... but remember that dealing that many hits in that time can only be achieved through unquestionable methods or a good connection with the most ample of AHK scripts.

So, now the build focuses on a simple concept. Follow the guide, you can deal 1 hit per second and use a Spellflow Shadow Set to prevent cast interruption. If you invest into Magic Essence Level 5, you can deal 2 hits per second. If you throw in a Kiel D-01 card into your Old Camouflage Bunny Hood, you can now deal 3 hits per second; this, while retaining what is basically the same possible damage of the originally proposed build, minus a little critical damage since you would no longer go for Acute.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 29 April 2020 - 05:48 PM.

#38 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:58 PM

With the setup in my 1st screenshot bearl quoted, I can do 3 FAS per second, as long as my base INT is at least 18, with around 34-38% delay reduction, depending on my base INT. Sadly, the damage is a little bit weak (around 120k if there's no HE proc), so around 360k per second...

found it. HE proc 150k
well looking at it, there's alot more can be done to improve the damage

I used an MVP card from that screenshot (Coelacant Card) in my headgear, though I still deal 150k (with HE; 120k if no HE proc) but a little bit lesser when I changed it to Dolomedes.

#39 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

I have updated the guide to include scenarios based on the 5th progression of damage. These show case what you can do with the right ASPD; and, the right connection in terms of DPS with various mentioned alternatives. This includes the basic guide, sniping suit + temp dex + acute 5; as well as, sniping suit + temp dex + temp ring + acute 5.

#40 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:29 PM

Im gonna hijack Nirvana's topic to post this video, FAS is a pretty good complement to AS when killing mobs, also it kills mobs that are really far away sometimes, is hilarious

#41 KornEE

KornEE

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:59 PM

My hybrid ranger's damage is only half of provided numbers on eggs and would only reach around those numbers if I factor in ~ * (Base Level/100).

Not even sure if that's the right base level mod but I assume example includes the mod maybe?

I do doubt that its this case since there's some minor differences such as stats, cards and buffs (I dont do stat buff).

Either way, its quite nice that I get to have another decent AoE to replace AS while also being able to auto attack quite well with just a few swaps.

Or, at least until I could comfortably get those nice AS gears which I think is still worth it as its quite tricky using FAS as AoE.

Edited by KornEE, 02 May 2020 - 10:00 PM.

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

My hybrid ranger's damage is only half of provided numbers on eggs and would only reach around those numbers if I factor in ~ * (Base Level/100).

Not even sure if that's the right base level mod but I assume example includes the mod maybe?

I do doubt that its this case since there's some minor differences such as stats, cards and buffs (I dont do stat buff).

Either way, its quite nice that I get to have another decent AoE to replace AS while also being able to auto attack quite well with just a few swaps.

Or, at least until I could comfortably get those nice AS gears which I think is still worth it as its quite tricky using FAS as AoE.

Our rebalance had 3 skills that were not fixed upon release, FAS is one; it's missing the 100/baselevel mod. One day we will get it.

#43 markopolong

markopolong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:42 AM

Focussed Arrow Strike is nice. Here I'm showing the gameplay in Bio 5 using peasant set up (means no Kiel or other fancy gear). What i love about this FAS is because it use way LESS arrow than AS or Aspd and the switching only needed for elemental arrow without have to change armor which is a bless for slow finger like me (actually, it just my ping too high so i cant really do -_- LoL)

#44 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:05 PM

Won't resentful soldier card give you higher damage with that set-up?

Also, does FAS hit% depend on your hit rate?

#45 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:10 PM

Won't resentful soldier card give you higher damage with that set-up?

Also, does FAS hit% depend on your hit rate?

The tldr for RS Card is, if you don't use no limits often, it will be an overall okay card. But once no limits is in play (and with a PRS it should be), it drowns it out. NL is legit just 350% ranged damage.

Also, FAS is a critical strike skill, so hit rate is pointless if you got 130+ crit chance.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 05 May 2020 - 11:10 PM.

#46 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:24 AM

The tldr for RS Card is, if you don't use no limits often, it will be an overall okay card. But once no limits is in play (and with a PRS it should be), it drowns it out. NL is legit just 350% ranged damage.

Also, FAS is a critical strike skill, so hit rate is pointless if you got 130+ crit chance.

So it works just like a normal attack in terms of crits? (i.e. FAS crit rate is solely based on your crit chance?)

I tried a 100% acd reduction in sakray: 2 kiels (60%) + SoL/temp ring (30%) + prism (10%) and there still seems to be some cooldown based on the icon animation in the hotkey bars. Does FAS have a cooldown?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 06 May 2020 - 02:27 AM.

#47 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:11 AM

It has a base crit chance. And it adds your crit chance to that.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 06 May 2020 - 11:11 AM.

#48 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:42 PM

I saw your stat have 126LUK is it means to use Ring of Jupiter?
If I use ring of jupiter + PDM, then what headgear to choose?
or I use ring if jupiter + ODR, any other way to bypass 100#%def?

or is it just the ture than there is no place for ring of jupiter because, PDM+ODR so important in those build?

Edited by dcdsdss, 17 May 2020 - 10:42 PM.

#49 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

I saw your stat have 126LUK is it means to use Ring of Jupiter?
If I use ring of jupiter + PDM, then what headgear to choose?
or I use ring if jupiter + ODR, any other way to bypass 100#%def?

or is it just the ture than there is no place for ring of jupiter because, PDM+ODR so important in those build?

Pdm + odr-old camo bunny combo

#50 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

O.o interesting build.. I saw KRo doinggood dmg with FAS.... have they fixed based lvl mod yet? If only we could get item that removes cooldown of NL, that would be so wonderful :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users