[RT] Level 99 bots at aldebaran. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[RT] Level 99 bots at aldebaran.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:59 AM

yup i know. Ive reported at least more than 20 bots via ticket and all they (bot) say is:

"we've received your ticket and someone will do something about it, however we cant disclose more information about the case"... like, wtf?

they have absolutely no credibility doing that. They do not answer anything anymore because they cant. Because they are doing NOTHING.

Level 99 bots is a joke, for real.

Yes we should never tell you the status of someone else's account. They have a right to privacy no matter how righteous you feel.

#27 MikeSagara

MikeSagara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

@Camp,

Have you considered changing the checksum of the EAC files every week with small automated patches?

that would make the bots makers to spend at least 2 days changing the code and with 1 day maintenance from our server... that gives them what? 3 days to re-distribute the bot to other players? maybe re-sell it?

i think they will just give up if you keep making them re-do the bot code everytime... or at least we should see a lot less...

Edited by MikeSagara, 20 May 2020 - 12:00 PM.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:05 PM

I am sitting at aldebaran and i saw more than 5 level 99 bots bugged, and more than 10 non level 99. They are just walking around, bugging. 

Seriously, level 99 bots?.... Are warp portal giving a -_- at all ? This is just a shame.

And i am sorry for the "dumb rules". everyone can see them bugged at aldebaran, this is no secret at all. You can login now and see.

JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH ZENY (OR REAL MONEY FOR RMT) THIS GUY DID WHILE YOU ARE WASTING YOUR LIFE PLAYING THE GAME TO BE THE STRONGEST.

ROAD TO 99, INDEED !!!!

To be clear. Do not call out other users. Do not post accusations that they are misbehaving in some manner. It may true, it may not but users should not be harassed by others on the forums or in game. If they deserve to be suspended the GMs will make that determination. I have forwarded the collected screenshots to them.

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:07 PM

Vmod will surely comment here and protect those bots just as how Camp does

To be clear. Its not about protecting 'bots' its about protecting users from being harassed. This is why call outs are not allowed.

#30 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

RT is no where near the level of RESTART botting. Yes there is a problem and it needs to be resolved, but by order of magnitude it is less.

While I have also seen an increase in Bots, Even level 99 bots. It is just so very apparent when a bot is around because they have specific movements. The fact is that RoT is exponentially better than ReStart was. The very beginning of ReStart had 1000's of bots, so many on -all- maps with good loot. It broke the market and you literally saw the influx of the zenny, every day was inflation. Within just a month items that were 10mil shot up to 100mil. Then when the bots were taken care of to a decent extent, so many items were removed from the market there were people who had prepared and bought the botted items to resell later at an insane markup. This server definitely needs some extra attention, yet even now it is far far from what we experienced on ReStart. 

#31 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:16 PM

To be clear. Its not about protecting 'bots' its about protecting users from being harassed. This is why call outs are not allowed.

But bots ... who destroy YOUR GAME and RUIN other people fun and hard work ... shouldn't be protected. They are simply game criminals.

#32 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

Yes we should never tell you the status of someone else's account. They have a right to privacy no matter how righteous you feel.

This seems very convenient as that team of yours who is supposedly doing the ban isn't doing anything.People here are doing their work for them will all the evidence and stuff and yet there is almost no progress at all. I really doubt about that 100 bots figure

Are those GMs even doing it wisely? Like looking at the market, checking for oddities ( A lot of gold, cards, poison spores ) then tracing their farmers and ultimately banning the WP account itself and not just the account. This is something only GMs can do. That is very easy to do yet i still see the same merchants with those absurd loots after 4 months.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

But bots ... who destroy YOUR GAME and RUIN other people fun and hard work ... shouldn't be protected. They are simply game criminals.

Right the ones we confirm as bots are removed from the game but,, just posting a screenshot of a 99 rogue or someone fighting monsters in a video. Really isn't proof that they are a bot. They could just be anti social. I could for instance say 'Chakri is the most awesome player' and that would hardly be proof of that he is, only proof that I may think he might be.

Whenever we remove the screenshots or videos like this we always make a copy and send it to the GMs so they can test the characters in question. Because yes we believe that bots shouldn't be allowed to freely hurt the game. But at the same time call outs are not healthy for the community. 

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:29 PM

This seems very convenient as that team of yours who is supposedly doing the ban isn't doing anything.People here are doing their work for them will all the evidence and stuff and yet there is almost no progress at all. I really doubt about that 100 bots figure

Are those GMs even doing it wisely? Like looking at the market, checking for oddities ( A lot of gold, cards, poison spores ) then tracing their farmers and ultimately banning the WP account itself and not just the account. This is something only GMs can do. That is very easy to do yet i still see the same merchants with those absurd loots after 4 months.

I am assured by their managers that they are hunting bots and as I said above they have agreed to user a higher percentage of their time on the subject. They assured me that they are tracing mailed/traded loots for bots and removing the merchants/other benefiting characters from the game. Do I want them to do more? Yes! I want them to be showing a stronger presence. Removing bots isn't something I will ever give up on I even personally hunt when I have free time.

#35 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:29 PM

GMs report that they are banning 100 bots and associated accounts a day. They have committed to spending extra hours every day so we should be seeing those numbers rise. As a rule we don't delete banned characters so that names of bad actors don't get reused.

Im sorry to say, but you are lying.

The server has AVG 2k online (probably 3k avg for active). How they are banning 100 of bots DAILY and still those 10+ bots i reported on this posts GOT level 99? Seriously campitor?

Also, i have a question. How much time will you be paying and wasting money for easy anti cheat if it doesnt work? 

Why dont you just update monster table from dead branch and let us kill bots? Correct me if i am wrong, but this server is the ONLY OFFICIAL SERVER I EVER PLAYED that dead branch is blocked. (as long with a lot of other rng items)

Why dont you update your terms of service saying that a GM can disguise as normal player and ban bots and start to ban bots, since bots disconnect as soon as they recognize a gm account? There are ways and compliance to prove that the disguised GM is a legit GM. 

A lot of games updates their terms of service all the time. You already have a lot of rules that protect yourselves from almost everything. (come on, at your contract you say that everything you have on your account is property of "the company", that the users just pay for "a service").

Im sorry, but it just feel you are not doing anything at all. And i have a guild with more than 80 people that thinks the same. People gets tired. think about it.

Edited by rdoc3, 20 May 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#36 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:32 PM

I am assured by their managers that they are hunting bots and as I said above they have agreed to user a higher percentage of their time on the subject. They assured me that they are tracing mailed/traded loots for bots and removing the merchants/other benefiting characters from the game. Do I want them to do more? Yes! I want them to be showing a stronger presence. Removing bots isn't something I will ever give up on I even personally hunt when I have free time.

ok, ill stop for now, somehow i'm convinced that you are now looking into this. Thank you

#37 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:36 PM

Im sorry to say, but you are lying.

The server has AVG 2k online (probably 3k avg for active). How they are banning 100 of bots DAILY and still those 10+ bots i reported on this posts GOT level 99? Seriously campitor?

Also, i have a question. How much time will you be paying and wasting money for easy anti cheat if it doesnt work? 

Why dont you just update monster table from dead branch and let us kill bots? Correct me if i am wrong, but this server is the ONLY OFFICIAL SERVER I EVER PLAYED that drad branch is blocked. (as long with a lot of other rng items)

Why dont you update your terms of service saying that a GM can disguise as normal player and ban bots and start to ban bots, since bots disconnect as soon as they recognize a gm account? There are ways and compliance to prove that the disguised GM is a legit GM. 

A lot of games updates their terms of service all the time. You already have a lot of rules that protect yourselves from almost everything. (come on, at your contract you say that everything you have on your account is property of "the company", that the users just pay for "a service").

Im sorry, but it just feel you are not doing anything at all. And i have a clan with more than 80 people that thinks the same. People gets tired. think about it.

1. I am not. But if you choose to believe that then there isn't much I can do.

2. Account creation is free. Secondly merely having a 99+ rogue isn't a sign a user is a bot. Yes as a class they are very popular for bots but they need to be tested. I have sent those characters directly to the head GM to be added to the test list.

3. EAC works. There is a bypass out there which is what we suspect the users are using. The bypass has of course been reported but the vast majority of the bots are being blocked. If we didn't have EAC I personally would be able to catch and ban hundred of bots in an hour due to the large numbers.

4. Eventually dead branches will be working again. But to be clear we will never be okay with any user using it to harass another player suspected bot or not. Because monsters don't care and they will kill real players. If we enable them and you use them to close down maps in this manner we will ban you.

5. Because GM impersonation scams are a thing and we aren't going to make it easier for them to be executed.

#38 matheusknoxx

matheusknoxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:37 PM

please ban bots cmd_fild04

Edited by matheusknoxx, 20 May 2020 - 12:57 PM.

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

please ban bots beach_dun

Report forwarded.

#40 MikeSagara

MikeSagara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

I've seen other servers add a visual pin code that changes the configuration of the 9 numbers every time that you select one.... this works as a "Security PIN" and also would make the bot login a lot more difficult... but the problem here is if you guys are actually willing to take additional measures besides EAC that is obviously not working as intended...

#41 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:44 PM

Can you add mobile number when registering to WP? Similar to RO2 or/and ragnarok MSP. Just to make it harder for the offenders to create a new account

#42 MikeSagara

MikeSagara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

Can you add mobile number when registering to WP? Similar to RO2 or/and ragnarok MSP. Just to make it harder for the offenders to create a new account

This is also a GREAT idea, have SMS verification.... but that would mean to pay for a server to send those sms... if they decide to add this same linux into the existing hosting servers would only cause more lagg....

#43 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

Can you add mobile number when registering to WP? Similar to dota or/and ragnarok MSP. Just to make it harder for the offenders to create a new account

Its something that can be proposed to management but that would be another piece of pii we would have to be responsible for and that associated liability. 

#44 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:09 PM

I could for instance say 'Chakri is the most awesome player' and that would hardly be proof of that he is, only proof that I may think he might be.

At this moment Chakri head great 10x bigger lmfao

#45 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

Ok camps. Lets check the server situation in one month. If things are being done, 1 month is enough to notice changes.

And as you know, 1 month of hard botting can make the game economy explodes. (it is 3 monthes already of hard botting but no one cares)

Lets wait and see.

Edited by rdoc3, 20 May 2020 - 01:15 PM.

#46 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:15 PM

Its something that can be proposed to management but that would be another piece of pii we would have to be responsible for and that associated liability. 

oh yeah, DP laws

#47 Christurk

Christurk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

1. I am not. But if you choose to believe that then there isn't much I can do.

2. Account creation is free. Secondly merely having a 99+ rogue isn't a sign a user is a bot. Yes as a class they are very popular for bots but they need to be tested. I have sent those characters directly to the head GM to be added to the test list.

3. EAC works. There is a bypass out there which is what we suspect the users are using. The bypass has of course been reported but the vast majority of the bots are being blocked. If we didn't have EAC I personally would be able to catch and ban hundred of bots in an hour due to the large numbers.

4. Eventually dead branches will be working again. But to be clear we will never be okay with any user using it to harass another player suspected bot or not. Because monsters don't care and they will kill real players. If we enable them and you use them to close down maps in this manner we will ban you.

5. Because GM impersonation scams are a thing and we aren't going to make it easier for them to be executed.

>Open your SEIM tool (Splunk maybe??)

>Run pattern recognition OR just do a search for characters on maps(townless) for 4+ hours

>Automatically run report to be sent every morning at 7am

>ban

Ragnarok has been around for 15 years you can't honestly say "we are trying".  You know what to do.

#48 Tabbernack

Tabbernack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:59 PM

>Open your SEIM tool (Splunk maybe??)

>Run pattern recognition OR just do a search for characters on maps(townless) for 4+ hours

>Automatically run report to be sent every morning at 7am

>ban

Ragnarok has been around for 15 years you can't honestly say "we are trying".  You know what to do.

Splunk? Ew. Go with ELK. That way they can't complain about costs. :P

Sarcasm aside... Definitely need to flag things for follow up when they do stuff like I don't know..

- Go level 15-90 on low level maps (spores, w/e)
- 12+ hours a day (figure out what would qualify for this, but there are no lifers out there - perhaps average over the course of X days) 
- Threshold for raw materials gained per day averaged over a course of time (i.e. 10k+ spores per day for 3 days or greater) 
- Running for 16+ hours straight in general over a sustained time

Edited by Tabbernack, 20 May 2020 - 03:16 PM.

#49 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:01 PM

I have seen maybe 1 party bot in kobolds, that bot is superb, after I teleported, I wouldn't even see him teleport on most of the times, that bot has like predicted my coordinates already when i press the fly wing hahaha...damn! You wont see the bots name! But maybe 1/20 I saw him once. 

#50 rogeegi

rogeegi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGardena, California

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:04 PM

There are bots on prontera field 9. Names go as followed :[Removed!]

Edited by VModCoconut, 23 May 2020 - 03:37 PM.
Please don't list names

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users