May 28th Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 28th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#51 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

But its the ones who've  had the most problematic childhood.

Believe me, i have heard many many fair shares of traumatic childhood stories from 85% of players in game.

They use this game as coping mechanism because the game is free with all the additives from cute costumes to finding friends/chats easily.

It helps them escape.

. And I'm just a MF-ing TROLL

Shh.... one does not talk about this in forum. But believe me, there's a lot out there~

#52 behemoth2080

behemoth2080

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:37 PM

My Vip says I have 17 hours left.  It also says i have Vip Bonus of 0.00%.  Great Camp I lost 3 days of vip from this.  Great compensation i get same as everyone.  Can i just get 75kp back and we call it square.

#53 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

GM team spotlight still on clock tower?

#54 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

everytime they give out free VIP to EVERY ACCOUNT

i realise i dont even need to spend KP
some people have like 20+ account and they sell those vip cheaper then u expect

PEKUmwh.png

VIP is not tradable anymore, i been waiting for the update it's been killing the economy 

#55 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:15 PM

^ thats great news
i just checked as well, it is. account bound now

it's stupid that compensation is tradeable

btw 1day & 5day is account bound, 2day isnt

&: dont play bloody branch with 1day vip lol
wpji42G.png

Edited by bearl, 28 May 2020 - 06:16 PM.

#56 Phantasyworld

Phantasyworld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

and i was with my chat B> 1 day vip 5M, but then i check my 7 accounts where i have 1 day vip box and notice i cant trade, so sad T_T

#57 ZHONGKAIH

ZHONGKAIH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:44 PM

Hope we can have drop card event, and Headless Mule Card, Mavka Card plz 

#58 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:51 PM

no ragial is killing the econ, eac suc :b

#59 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:08 AM

Fix FAS  (Focused Arrow Strike) It doesn't match what it should be 
Fix  Dreams and shadow ragnarok (Revamped jitterbug )
Fix King Heel (Revamped  Charleston) 
Fix White Knight Card and Klitzberg Knight Card combo  

Could you think about  Monster Token   and  Hammer Token ???? 

Everyone loves Monster Token is one of the best events

We also want Updates   :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:  :e4:

#60 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:14 AM

VIP is not tradable anymore, i been waiting for the update it's been killing the economy 

great news and sad news for people who keep hoarding in and selling it at high price  :D  :D  :D

#61 shadow

shadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:49 AM

Wait, why did my non vip accounts get 2 pcs of 1day premium but my vip account only got 1 pc? I'd stop buying VIP if non-VIP gets more compensation  :P  

#62 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:25 AM

I gotta be honest. Complaining about compensation and re-opening times is crazy to me. There HAS to be more going on in folks lives than this game.

+1 :D

#63 shadow

shadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:55 AM

I gotta be honest. Complaining about compensation and re-opening times is crazy to me. There HAS to be more going on in folks lives than this game.

So you're fine even if you don't get what you paid for?  :dunno:

#64 Benderama

Benderama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:13 AM

Please make the vip 1/2/5 day scrolls tradable again. Making them account bound suddenly effectively makes them useless to players with multiple accounts who keep things more organized than a single account player. I sure as heck do not need 40x 5 day vip scrolls on a storage account. 

As for taking screenshots of players with stacks of them, so what? Some players actually do VIP multiple accounts at once, and putting them onto 1 character makes it easier to organize. All that has been accomplished by making them account bound now is a spit in the eye to the past rewards and to players who haven't yet utilized them. 

I still buy the 7day vip scrolls from the cash shop. In the past month Ive bought 30x 7 day vip scrolls. And yes I am a player with a large stack of the compensation VIP scrolls on 1 charater. But that is for ORGANIZATION purposes....

Please, allow them to be tradable again. What is the purpose of a 1 day VIP compensation if you do not allow me to to utilize it how I choose to? The compensation is for time lost and plans ruined. Why ruin them futher.

It has not been killing the economy or any negative effect. Personally I play with multiple accounts. One week I may want 12 accounts VIP'd and others I may just want 1 or two. The compensation aspect is for the VIP time itself or in the past the 5/2 day ones were purely a gift to the community. 

In this specific situation the VIP compensation for servers being instable it makes sense to give back the time lost on vip. But that time was lost on a weekend, for many it interrupted plans. I personally had 12 accounts VIP'd and had a leveling goal in mind for that holiday weekend. 

#65 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:22 PM

Spotlight not on as should be didnt?

#66 JadedCynic

JadedCynic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

The VIP from compensation is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the amount of VIP being bought directly from cash shop. Look at the empirical evidence instead of just wildly speculating. The shopping boards show that most of the VIP boxes being sold were 10-day boxes; i.e. the ones that were never given as compensation. This was true even before they made the compensation VIP boxes untradable. That cash shop VIP is far more common should not come as a surprise. People can get 10-day VIP anytime, but there's a finite supply of compensation VIP no matter how many accounts people have. Note that I'm generously assuming every person tried to sell their compensation. Many, if not most, would have used the compensation instead or stored it for future personal use.

By the way, the market price of 10-day VIP is far cheaper than any of the lesser boxes ever were. Why would you pay 1.5x or double the price per day when you can pay less for each day of VIP by buying the cash shop version? I was around when 10-day boxes were still being vended for 150m. If a 2-day version was 50m, that's way more expensive per day than the 10-day version.

And these are consumables we're talking about. They're not permanent pieces of equipment that float around the market indefinitely. Even if there was any trading, the boxes would eventually get used up.

Let's dispense with any myth that people are hoarding or buying and selling compensation VIP boxes for profit. To be frank, even selling an entire YEAR of compensation VIP and then buying it back for a cheaper price wouldn't give enough profit to be worth the time of even a moderately wealthy player. If anyone were hoarding VIP, it wouldn't be to sell them at inflated prices, because the price of any compensation VIP would be permanently kept in check by cash shop VIP. It would be primarily for personal use, as intended.

For all these reasons, if there was any impact on the market for 10-day VIP boxes from tradable compensation, the impact was negligible and will only decrease further as time passes.

Please make the vip 1/2/5 day scrolls tradable again. Making them account bound suddenly effectively makes them useless to players with multiple accounts who keep things more organized than a single account player. I sure as heck do not need 40x 5 day vip scrolls on a storage account.

As for taking screenshots of players with stacks of them, so what? Some players actually do VIP multiple accounts at once, and putting them onto 1 character makes it easier to organize. All that has been accomplished by making them account bound now is a spit in the eye to the past rewards and to players who haven't yet utilized them.

I still buy the 7day vip scrolls from the cash shop. In the past month Ive bought 30x 7 day vip scrolls. And yes I am a player with a large stack of the compensation VIP scrolls on 1 charater. But that is for ORGANIZATION purposes....

Please, allow them to be tradable again. What is the purpose of a 1 day VIP compensation if you do not allow me to to utilize it how I choose to? The compensation is for time lost and plans ruined. Why ruin them futher.

It has not been killing the economy or any negative effect. Personally I play with multiple accounts. One week I may want 12 accounts VIP'd and others I may just want 1 or two. The compensation aspect is for the VIP time itself or in the past the 5/2 day ones were purely a gift to the community.

In this specific situation the VIP compensation for servers being instable it makes sense to give back the time lost on vip. But that time was lost on a weekend, for many it interrupted plans. I personally had 12 accounts VIP'd and had a leveling goal in mind for that holiday weekend.

And this is exactly the problem the complaint about imaginary effects on the economy miss. People who get compensated for their time should get to decide HOW they spent their time. If you routinely play on multiple accounts, you shouldn't be told how much time you're allowed to spend on each account. Is it 1 day on each account, or is it 3 days on one and 4 days on another? This should be the player's decision. I too organize my stuff by shoving them onto one account. As a result, the recent change to make compensation account bound did far more damage to me than the newly given 1-day compensation ever gave me back. I never tried to sell even ONE of the VIP boxes I got as compensation. If you're going to give "compensation" like this, you might as well not compensate us at all. That way, at least everyone is on a level playing field. Go ahead. Destroy every VIP compensation item you've ever given out, and it'll make virtually no difference to me. That's how much damage you did by making VIP untradable.

Thanks for making most of my past "compensation" useless. Even if someone decided to trade the VIP items to another character temporarily rather than going through the hassle of putting them in storage, you've just locked them to the wrong account. I routinely do this with equipment. Imagine if all your equipment suddenly became locked to the character you were using to transfer them. The decision to suddenly change past compensation without warning was poorly thought out and did far more harm than good. Please reconsider.

Edited by JadedCynic, 29 May 2020 - 01:09 PM.

#67 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

it's because someone posted it and rant about it that's why it became account bound without any notice. Is this lhz spotlight even spotlighted?

#68 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

loophole =/= entitlement

#69 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

Why WP not selling the 2 or 5 days vip at cash shop? Same as WP selling different enriched box... There are 1, 10, and 50 ea, with cheaper large amounts.
Win-win solution

#70 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:45 PM

all reward should be account bound, we talk already agreed on these 1 year ago, if they are going to reward trad able item it should be a costume. i am happy for the late update for reward account bound only thank you WP. 

#71 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:20 AM

Compensation isn't mean to make you get free vip for other million accounts, you have million account doesn't mean you need million vip packs.

also if WP making it tradeable, that mean they digging there graves and giving all player free vip, I can just making million account for million free vip.

you will not do ,doesn't mean other will not too.

you buy vip and it count even you not login, that what its like buying gym pass in real life. You lose free pass, if you not using gym.

VIP now missing 30 days ,it obvious that they need to add this to the game.

Edited by aTID2, 30 May 2020 - 02:24 AM.

#72 JadedCynic

JadedCynic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

Compensation isn't mean to make you get free vip for other million accounts, you have million account doesn't mean you need million vip packs.
also if WP making it tradeable, that mean they digging there graves and giving all player free vip, I can just making million account for million free vip.
you will not do ,doesn't mean other will not too.

you buy vip and it count even you not login, that what its like buying gym pass in real life. You lose free pass, if you not using gym.

You're confusing two separate issues. Whether VIP is tradable is not the same issue as which accounts get VIP. If they gave VIP to accounts that never even had VIP active, that is a completely different problem that, as others have pointed out, should be addressed at the source; just set better criteria for who gets compensation in the first place. Making VIP boxes account bound once they're delivered, however, is at best a crude solution that causes problems for players using different accounts to manage their inventory. Give out VIP only to the right accounts, and all those supposed problems about VIP entering the market resolve themselves. After all, they already allow 10-day VIP to be tradable. Is anyone going to argue that someone who paid real money for their VIP shouldn't be allowed to trade it? It's obvious that Warp Portal has already made huge improvements in setting the criterion for who gets VIP. For example, the last time maintenance went over the scheduled hours, they only gave VIP to accounts that had been logged in for a certain period of time. So if you had 100 accounts and only logged into each one for a few seconds, you wouldn't get VIP on any of them. Making VIP untradable was and is overkill.

The argument about buying VIP and then not logging in is a straw man. Nobody asked to get compensated for VIP time when they were too busy to log in. People asked for compensation for time lost when the server was down for longer than expected.

Edited by JadedCynic, 30 May 2020 - 01:43 PM.

#73 rakionix

rakionix

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

• Added compensation for 1 week:
    • Users who logged in from 5/22-5/25 will receive 1 day of VIP from Code the Redeemer
    • Homeward Bound event rates are boosted to +100% Exp + 50% drops for 1 week

Notice: Curious about what the team is working on this month? Check out the production notes for May
https://forums.warpp...s-may-8th-2020/

Notice: Don't forget to vote for a preferred time for War of EmperiumThe poll will be open until May 29th.

(3X5nqY6.png

Chaos WoE 1Time Survey
https://forms.gle/wR9mbbgXiHdonrSE8

Chaos WoE 2Time Survey

https://forms.gle/XwQaK9RP78KjYZu79

Chaos WoE TE Time Survey

https://forms.gle/L9Eq9jwA2NeAbdW7A

(3X5nqY6.png)

Thor WoE 1 Time Survey
https://forms.gle/zsvwVELCKDYEdnQx5

Thor WoE 2 Time Survey

https://forms.gle/tcjSQbKsSBxh1kkA7

Thor WoE TE Time Survey

https://forms.gle/7KoQhrrX6M2YJPqv8

Question, which was the end result of the woe times, which you made ! voting. ?

What was the end result?

What woe day and hours?

#74 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

3k Codes WPE are Sold out  :o

#75 vtl77

vtl77

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:45 PM

Sorry for being off topic, but I can't download Renewal. As soon as I pick a folder and start it, it says "not enough disk space." This is a brand new comp with plenty of space. Help!! D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users