Sakray Patch 6-15-2020 - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sakray Patch 6-15-2020

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#51 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

Another thing to note is that a number of those weapons that you posted are trans-only? We can't even use them currently until trans is released so it seems odd to release them now.

#52 tehPope

tehPope

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

All of the weapons on the list are problematic.  There is no incentive to killing bio mvps or the original mvps that drop the other items.  Staff of Destruction especially should never drop from anything besides Beelzebub (and it's trans only anyway).  

#53 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:09 PM

Another thing to note is that a number of those weapons that you posted are trans-only? We can't even use them currently until trans is released so it seems odd to release them now.

Kronos and SoD are removed for this weapon. Added Wing Staff

#54 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

Any weapon in that list that drops from an MvP, please don't include them here. Surely incentivising killing these MvPs should be a good thing? I think a fair bit in that list are MvP drops and should remain exclusive to those MvPs.

Adding things like Wing Staff is good because they are regular monster drops. I think it would be best to compile a list of regular monster level 4 weapon drops and use them here. I can compile such a list if it will be helpful.

Edited by Hrishi, 16 June 2020 - 10:12 PM.

#55 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:12 PM

Are we getting garment and shoes also for the new FF drops?

#56 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

Any weapon in that list that drops from an MvP, please don't include them here. Surely incentivising killing these MvPs should be a good thing? I think a fair bit in that list are MvP drops and should remain exclusive to those MvPs.

Adding things like Wing Staff is good because they are regular monster drops. I think it would be best to compile a list of regular monster level 4 weapon drops and use them here. I can compile such a list if it will be helpful.

It would be good to have that list. Were going to gather feedback tonight on everyone's concerns and make a decision tomorrow based on what users say.

#57 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:47 PM

Put in better weapons for Sage and Assassin. Encyclopedia, Sage Book, Inverse Scale, Icepick etc. Please make sure to continue with the plan and dont lock this weapons behind MVPs, it's toxic enough that MVPs are being monopolized, camped and being put behind an absurd pricing ( looking at Icepick, being sold in RMT only ) to think that upgrading them has a break chance and we also have to consider the enchants itself. Your plan makes the game healthy enough and grinding more rewarding

#58 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

and de valuing mvp items? lol might aswell put mvp cards in these drops too because mvps being monopolized..

every1 has access to get geared for mvps, theres always alot of competition at mvps, the people that got those weapons deserve those weapons because they work hard to win at mvps. why should camp put these items in because you are too lazy to comp or cant be good enough to win? hurr hurr i cant win, pls put it in so i dnt have to work for it

Edited by ElenaGilbert, 16 June 2020 - 10:53 PM.

#59 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

Cool! The weapons are ok. They are not strong weapons

Edited by qzLxEnchantress, 16 June 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#60 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:54 PM

and de valuing mvp items? lol might aswell put mvp cards in these drops too because mvps being monopolized

MVP cards are still there, unique enchants for MVP dropped weapons will still be added so that will be your incentive. Definitely it will be devalued but for better costs, it's not like you wont be able to farm them lol. I'd rather have this than just a few people enjoying money making in the game. 

Problem with hiding those weapons behind MVP alone is that you'll have to pick a specific class inorder to farm it, namely Monk / Knight. It's disgusting to let these weapons drop and revolve around these circumstances

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 16 June 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#61 badmiroko

badmiroko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

Err, I really hope those weapons are not dropping from Abyss Lake on the main servers? Many of those drops are currently from the bio3 mvps, dropping them en masse from fever fields will tank their value so quickly?

what weapons?x.x

#62 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:05 PM

It would be good to have that list. Were going to gather feedback tonight on everyone's concerns and make a decision tomorrow based on what users say.

Just add the dragon weapons. Remove others.

#63 badmiroko

badmiroko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:08 PM

lol poor assassins =(, put better weapons for assassin camptor, or at least active the npc to trade for lv 4 weapons, even without options.....its not a problem

#64 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:09 PM

what weapons?x.x

Rudra Bow

Grand Cross

Schweizersabel

Tomahawk

Probably more. These should NOT be added because they will devalue the mvps that they come from.

You could have looked this up on the DB surely? There were also more in the list that were edited out.

Edited by Hrishi, 16 June 2020 - 11:15 PM.

#65 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:12 PM

Make a list of ALL weapons that increase dmg/Pierce def against dragon, remove ALL the others. Best alternative.

Edited by qzLxEnchantress, 16 June 2020 - 11:13 PM.

#66 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:32 PM

Do you guys think that the MvPs from Bio3 are doable with what we currently have? Not even trans classes are out and those MvPs seem EXTREMELY strong compared to the damage people are putting out. They are basically one of the last tiers of MvPs and you guys are worried that people are just casually gonna grind them and get their drops willy nilly? Unless I'm missing something, what would be the problem of getting that gear currently if this server doesn't plan on getting 3rd jobs ever, which I assume are the classes that are intended to take down those MvPs?

Edited by monicako669, 16 June 2020 - 11:33 PM.

#67 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:06 AM

yes bio3 are doable with what we currently have

#68 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:12 AM

yes bio3 are doable with what we currently have

This is not classic, stats of monsters their are way too different than what we had in classic. bio 4 is even easier than bio 3 post 3rd job

#69 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:15 AM

I think anything that drops from the bio3 mvps as well would be concerning to me. If there is something that is ONLY from prize medals, I think that might be okay, but trivialising mvp drops (and especially an uber difficult mvp like the bio3 mvps) seems like a real concern to me.

This is backwards, if it was Only from the Bio 3 MVP then do not add it sure, But if it is something that is from the medals, as well as the Bio 3 MVP's, and the goal here is to allow drops that have options, it should be included. The point is these items were from those medals as well, not only the Bio 3 MVP. 

It is already pretty sad to not see garment and foot gear with options yet.

Edited by Grief Heart, 17 June 2020 - 12:16 AM.

#70 Grief Heart

Grief Heart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:21 AM

Rudra Bow

Grand Cross

Schweizersabel

Tomahawk

Probably more. These should NOT be added because they will devalue the mvps that they come from.

You could have looked this up on the DB surely? There were also more in the list that were edited out.

All of these are from the mini games too.

It is really hard for me to understand your position on this if these were accessible from other means before. I mean I have thought about what will happen with the item creation stuff never having options and this sounds like a great way to be able to work around that. You would have them make the Bio 3 MVP option items exclusive to only them, even if the items were not exclusive before?

Edited by Grief Heart, 17 June 2020 - 12:22 AM.

#71 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

This is not classic, stats of monsters their are way too different than what we had in classic. bio 4 is even easier than bio 3 post 3rd job

yes i know this isnt classic, restart had renewal monster and renewal bio3 mvp and monster, and it was doable pretrans. and yes we stun with 100 vit on restart because level differences

#72 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

yes i know this isnt classic, restart had renewal monster and renewal bio3 mvp and monster, and it was doable pretrans. and yes we stun with 100 vit on restart because level differences

yeah just hide in stairs and cheese it. That's something that only 5 people would enjoy and probably monopolize. Locking those weapons on biolabs 3 MVPS won't bring the general populace in biolabs 3. 

On another topic, excited to see Brandish Spear wrecking parties and people missing a lot in abyss lake. This should really be scaled more properly appropriately

#73 tehPope

tehPope

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:09 AM

This is a list of level four weapons that are currently obtainable (or will be obtainable with the new zones) by non mvp monsters or quest.  I personally do NOT think that level four weapons quest items should be obtainable with stat enchants.  The reason is because the stones that create these weapons are rare and players have spent countless hours and zeny to create/buy these weapons.  It would be insulting to players who have worked hard to do so (note: I am not one of those players) and the stones that create those weapons would essentially become worthless.  Nevertheless, I included them in the list because stat enchants seem to be the biggest motivator for adding them to fever fields, even though I would disagree with such a decision.

https://docs.google....VdnQ/edit#gid=0

#74 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:20 AM

This is a list of level four weapons that are currently obtainable (or will be obtainable with the new zones) by non mvp monsters or quest.  I personally do NOT think that level four weapons quest items should be obtainable with stat enchants.  The reason is because the stones that create these weapons are rare and players have spent countless hours and zeny to create/buy these weapons.  It would be insulting to players who have worked hard to do so (note: I am not one of those players) and the stones that create those weapons would essentially become worthless.  Nevertheless, I included them in the list because stat enchants seem to be the biggest motivator for adding them to fever fields, even though I would disagree with such a decision.

https://docs.google....VdnQ/edit#gid=0

Yeah needed those very RARE stones to created to the point that on those map where these RARE stones can be farmed are being camped by 100 CCTV novices which is being monopolize by a group of players only. I'd rather have them in fever fields than that sh!t!! 

There is really no reason to disagree unless you are one of the players who is benefiting from that. Abbys Lake wont be easy so it's just fair and on the right track.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 17 June 2020 - 01:21 AM.

#75 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:24 AM

Yeah needed those very RARE stones to created to the point that on those map where these RARE stones can be farmed are being camped by 100 CCTV novices which is being monopolize by a group of players only. I'd rather have them in fever fields than that sh!t!!

There is really no reason to disagree unless you are one of the players who is benefiting from that. Abbys Lake wont be easy so it's just fair and on the right track.

That's it. A bot-clan farmming 24/7 those stones... and don't worry, the Combat Knife stones are what matters and remains expensive. +1 with weapons dropping at fevers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users