• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:37 AM

Returning Player. Just want to ask what are the meta builds used in GX in the game's current state? I know there's a GX guide in this sub-forum like this one: https://forums.warpp...guide-gameplay/ but I don't know  if the builds mentioned are still relevant today. So with that said may I know everyone's recommended build for the current meta? Thanks in Advance!

P.S. Please do forgive me if I'm asking/posting something that's probably redundant. Do tell me if it is :)  

#2 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:52 AM

https://forums.warpp...ault-guide-wip/

Meteor Assault is the meta right now for GX.

#3 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:46 PM

Good Day/Night!

Thanks for your reply! I just got in to the post you've mentioned and it seems an interesting build. While I do prefer a Katar Crit-Lock Build being able to take down mobs easily which was shown in the post is quite convenient especially when soloing dungeons/fields. Another (stupid) question though aside from the Meteor Assault build are there other GX builds being used right now in the current meta or is this the way to go? Would like to compare them like knowing their Pros and Cons when playing them just in case I want to look on to other builds. Anyways, thanks for this I'll go and read more from this guide.

P.S I just realized the Meteor Assault guide is "Pinned". Sorry for not noticing T_T

#4 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

MA is Definitely the meta. In certain situations you still need CRS for ranged/reflect so don't depend only on MA.

#5 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:38 AM

Hi hammie, thanks for the reply as well. CRS you mean cross ripper slasher? That would be great as well since CRS is like defensive aoe with the range and it works with cross cutter.

I might have I got it wrong since its been awhile since I played and never reached that far from the game? Hopefully I would be able to this time. Thanks for your advice though. ;) 

#6 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:33 AM

Yep! That is correct. You rolling cutter then Cross ripper. Max cutter you can do is 10. Good luck!

#7 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Enforcer Shoes changed GX meta to Meteor Assault. It adds stupid amounts of % for the skill and gives 100% def bypass.

With high end gears (3 Dresses, ME3 OBC, JDR, RTE, Skin of Ladon, Imp Set), proper size/racial cards and converters, you're able to do 2-5m DPS.

Doing damage as Crit or RC/CRS GX doesn't come close to that.

Although there are situations where GX will have difficulty using only MA i.e. reflect and range mobs. Historically, those have always been the bane for GXs.

#8 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

Duplicate Post, (Can't delete this post)

Edited by PHalxNJ25, 12 July 2020 - 05:01 PM.

#9 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply guys!

@hammie: Yes I do remember that at least. Thanks for pointing it out anyways.

@aznspikey: So a certain item gave a certain skill a big advantage? I think that's kind of happened before in a different server of this game that I've played before.

Anyways I did read about Enforcer shoes at irowiki db it does give Meteor Assault numerous % especially when Enforcer shoes is upgraded from +5 or +7 above

not to mention the def bypass in most opponents (MVP's and Players included I think?) though I don't know if what I read is still relevant today (especially the actual effects like def bypass in irowiki db it mentions only 20%               something of def bypass effect)?

Anyways thanks for the reply guys and sorry for the crap-ton of questions :)

#10 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:02 PM

Yep enforcer shoes still give 100% bypass with whatever skill prerequisite it needs.

#11 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the reply @hammie so 100% bypass? Guess irowiki db's data is outdated since it mentioned only 20% for def bypass. Anyways 100% def bypass, no wonder MA GX is quite the trend. However how do I get enforcer shoes nowadays? Are there people selling it? Though I don't expect to get it right away since this item would be quite expensive and aside from people selling it said item is only obtainable in special cash shop events(from irowiki db).T_T Anyways, Thanks again for your reply very much appreciated it.
P.S. Maybe I should just ask Equipment specification (since my last question is pertaining to Enforcer shoes)to the GX MA guide thread?

Edited by PHalxNJ25, 12 July 2020 - 06:02 PM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:41 AM

It's not outdated, you just didn't read it through properly.

• Bypass 20% of hard defense of normal monsters, boss monsters and players when performing a physical attack per level of [Counter Slash] known.

#13 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Hi @Ashuckel, thanks for your reply. Now that you've mentioned it there is something like that I've just checked into IW Database again just now it would seem I got

confused by the 100% def bypass mentioned from earlier replies. Thanks for pointing it out! . However, 20% def bypass when performing [Counter Slash] isn't that painful? I mean you need

to get Weapon Blocking Active have it successfully block an attack before you're able to use [Counter Slash] just worried about Weapon Blocking's continuous  drain of SP while its active before it procs.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:35 PM

It's not outdated, you just didn't read it through properly.

• Bypass 20% of hard defense of normal monsters, boss monsters and players when performing a physical attack per level of [Counter Slash] known.

#15 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

There seems to be a lot of confusion. The shoes grant you 20% bypass. If you have level 5 counter slash then shoes give you 100% automatically. You DoNot have to use counter slash in order to get the bypass. I hope that makes sense. You also do not have to use weapon block to use bypass. You just need these skills to get the bonuses from enforcer shoes.

This is one of my GX builds
http://irowiki.org/~...oGSrF3bsrFeFcH1

#16 PHalxNJ25

PHalxNJ25

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

Hi Thanks again for the reply @Ashuckel and @hammie. I get it now thanks! Sorry for  not noticing the obvious again. T_T  I guess I should worry about this later as I'm still leveling and not even

in reborn state but at least I'm not totally lost now. Thanks again for your patience responding though very much appreciated it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users