Why IRO Progress so so so slow this two years? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why IRO Progress so so so slow this two years?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Littlekaka

Littlekaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:59 PM

Just wondering if kro abondons the iro?

Edited by Littlekaka, 26 March 2021 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:08 PM

it's never been not slow

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:16 PM

iRO has never been fast on updates as fast as I remember. kRO has always been the same pace, if anything its faster to receive half assed updates, it seems to me. What changed is how many mistakes WP has done which resulted in less than 1k online.

WoE died in 2018. 3k plus population at that time. Then, everyone is godly OP lately with easy OCP rates, which makes game so boring, solo-able, and it has crashed the markets. kRO can send new updates which will become irrelevant in a month just like Illu. Turtle.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 26 March 2021 - 04:21 PM.

#4 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:43 PM

Because they thought they could change the Updates for OP items from jRO. Plot twist: It was a mistake. 

Edited by nazhioozh, 26 March 2021 - 01:43 PM.

#5 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

iRO has always been slow at getting updates and i would even go as far as saying that we got a good amount of updates the last 2 years vs the previous 4 but my memory is shaky at this point 

The problem is that we get incomplete updates or updates in random orders

Just To name a few:

Nightmare Old Glastheim/Advanced Old Glast Heim was released on 2013 in a couple months it will be EIGHT YEARS since kRO released that and we still have bugged cards, missing MVP rewards

Rock Ridge the AMERICAN expansion town ironically have half its content missing (Calf Weapons + Metal Stick, and i think there was some other things missing but i dont remember at this point)

We got Phantasmagorica but we never got the armors

We got Werner lab but we didnt get the YSF fight

We never got the Mora update 

On kRO 17.1 was released AFTER Soul Reaper & Star Emperor

I think we wouldnt complain much if we had a realistic roadmap for the updates we'll get because we get gutted at every minor inconvenience 

#6 Littlekaka

Littlekaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:47 PM

iRO has always been slow at getting updates and i would even go as far as saying that we got a good amount of updates the last 2 years vs the previous 4 but my memory is shaky at this point

The problem is that we get incomplete updates or updates in random orders
Just To name a few:

Nightmare Old Glastheim/Advanced Old Glast Heim was released on 2013 in a couple months it will be EIGHT YEARS since kRO released that and we still have bugged cards, missing MVP rewards

Rock Ridge the AMERICAN expansion town ironically have half its content missing (Calf Weapons + Metal Stick, and i think there was some other things missing but i dont remember at this point)

We got Phantasmagorica but we never got the armors
We got Werner lab but we didnt get the YSF fight
We never got the Mora update

On kRO 17.1 was released AFTER Soul Reaper & Star Emperor

I think we wouldnt complain much if we had a realistic roadmap for the updates we'll get because we get gutted at every minor inconvenience

Yes that's what i mean, it seems no plan at all on our server,check Camps 2021 plan, all about blacksmith rank something like that, who actually cares about it. I hope someone who really care this game maintain. Like people said 4 years ago, we were slow too, but we didn't really notice it.Because woe is fun, pvm still a challenge. See now days,farm central lab day by day. Hope it will get better

#7 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:57 PM

2021 plans:

https://forums.warpp...-new-year-2021/

https://forums.warpp...noon-3-19-2021/

Look at more than just the "Important Future Dates" for the 2021 plans, which aren't all about rank reductions. The next big content update (whatever it includes) will probably happen in July, assuming they get the files in May (instead of next month, like they're hoping). Criticism is fair, and you have a lot of reasons to be critical, so why use use a false statement that 2021 is all about rank reductions to support your criticism?

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 26 March 2021 - 03:06 PM.

#8 Leonchascon

Leonchascon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

2021 plans:

Look at more than just the "Important Future Dates" for the 2021 plans, which aren't all about rank reductions. The next big content update (whatever it includes) will probably happen in July, assuming they get the files in May (instead of next month, like they're hoping). Criticism is fair, and you have a lot of reasons to be critical, so why use use a false statement that 2021 is all about rank reductions to support your criticism?

*cof cof* EHEM *cof cof*

14J3ltI.png

oIyyYMm.png

pOzsMX7.png

DamhBjT.png

This are just a few examples

I know im probably a pain in the ass in the forums to Campitor & the other staff but i just try to hold them to their words

I know not everything that isnt delivered is their fault but i -and i assume most people that still stick around after all this years- just want them to be clear (this also goes for the studio/kro) about what we are getting and what we arent and when are we getting it

From what i understand from their licensing contract they cant touch the aegis source code when it comes to skills and some other source modifications, thats why easy fixes like FAS are left untouched even when it would be a simple copy paste fix and they cant add items that arent send from the studio but they can fix existing ones (cough cough fix the damn white knight card already cough cough) 

so i think is really unfair when you say someone is making a false statement when on the 2021 post Camp didnt make a statement just said a general idea what they are going to work on, and as we've seen for many years just because they are working on something =/= something will be implemented the highlighted stuff that the other guy talked about is probably the only confirmed changes/updates we have for this year so far (if we can really call them updates) and w/e is on the april/may "surprise patch" that from Sigma's datamining it may or may not be corridor of abyss and some other stuff

#9 Littlekaka

Littlekaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 03:43 PM

2021 plans:

So from January to now, what they actually did? They don't even update cash items.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

*cof cof* EHEM *cof cof*

14J3ltI.png

oIyyYMm.png

pOzsMX7.png

DamhBjT.png

This are just a few examples

I know im probably a pain in the ass in the forums to Campitor & the other staff but i just try to hold them to their words

I know not everything that isnt delivered is their fault but i -and i assume most people that still stick around after all this years- just want them to be clear (this also goes for the studio/kro) about what we are getting and what we arent and when are we getting it

From what i understand from their licensing contract they cant touch the aegis source code when it comes to skills and some other source modifications, thats why easy fixes like FAS are left untouched even when it would be a simple copy paste fix and they cant add items that arent send from the studio but they can fix existing ones (cough cough fix the damn white knight card already cough cough) 

so i think is really unfair when you say someone is making a false statement when on the 2021 post Camp didnt make a statement just said a general idea what they are going to work on, and as we've seen for many years just because they are working on something =/= something will be implemented the highlighted stuff that the other guy talked about is probably the only confirmed changes/updates we have for this year so far (if we can really call them updates) and w/e is on the april/may "surprise patch" that from Sigma's datamining it may or may not be corridor of abyss and some other stuff

Unfortunately there are times when the studio tells us something is coming then discovers then its not feasible or it becomes impossible to deliver at that time. I try to share the most up to date information on what we can expect but can and will change on us.

#11 FBKFBKFBK

FBKFBKFBK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:32 PM

Unfortunately there are times when the studio tells us something is coming then discovers then its not feasible or it becomes impossible to deliver at that time. I try to share the most up to date information on what we can expect but can and will change on us.

What about star emperor and soul reaper

#12 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:00 PM

IRO still the third in case of patch IMO but I'm not sure about the near future since there are more "competitors" appear.

#13 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:50 PM

Leonchascon-

The examples you gave are good for refuting my guess that the next big content update could happen in July, and they are good for demonstrating the general lack of follow-through and/or transparency. However, those examples are not relevant to what I took issue with.

Littlekaka's statement (paraphrased): The 2021 plans are all about rank reductions

• My response: False
    • The 2021 plans include a big content update (whatever it's supposed to be), events, WoE reward changes, and at least one Kachua update

My statement: Next big content update will probably be in July

• Your response (paraphrased): False. Unlikely to happen based on these past examples

Your statement (paraphrased): Saying Littlekaka's statement was false is unfair

• Littlekaka's statement referred to the 2021 plans
  • You're talking about the listed future 2021 dates, which have rank reductions and a spotlight change, and their ability to execute. Those dates are part of the plans, but the plans are not limited to the listed dates. Their ability to execute speaks to whether the plans will come to fruition, not what the plans are
  • Had Littlekaka wrote that the 2021 future dates are all about rank reductions, that would be a true statement, so I wouldn't have taken issue with it

Littlekaka-

You're changing the criterion midway:

• You wrote that the 2021 plans are all about rank reductions; you didn't write that the 2021 future dates only cover rank reductions
  • You were referring to the entirety of 2021 ("2021 plans"), not what has happened so far in 2021

I'll answer your question, and ask two more questions.

Your question: What have they done from Jan to now? I won't include spotlight, turn-in changes, or events that were already in progress on Jan 1.

• Fix: Juggernaut shoes (Fire Dance SP cost reduction)
  • Sales event: Costume Fire Sale (twice)
  • Fix: Hero Manteau (Set Malus w/ Deviling)
  • Fix: Jitterbug and Ferre card drops
  • Sales event: Enriched Refine
  • Fix: Battleground catalog price list
  • Fix: Descriptions for cards from the Dreams & Shadows instance
  • Event: Lunar New Year (Malangdo Octopus Festival)
  • Event: Valentine's Day (Sweets Festival)
  • Fix: Sigrun's Wings
  • In progress: Make all costumes enchantable. They're starting from the beginning as though no costumes are currently enchantable, so today we finally reached Lower costumes that were not already enchantable
  • Fix: Kalasak Item Set
  • Fix: Bakonawa and Bayani Bakonawa Armor
  • Fix: Re-enable Temple of the Demon God instance NPC
  • Fix: Guild Castle Flags
  • Quality of Life improvement: Increase guild storage limits

My questions to you:

• When you asked "what have they done", did you really mean to ask what new permanent game content has been released?
    • Had that been the question, you would get the answer you were fishing for: None
  • What interval between new permanent game content releases you would be satisfied with?
    • May 1, 2020: Advanced Old Glast Heim (not including 1st/2nd Job Skill Rebalance update, as that is not new game content)
    • Aug 20, 2020: Illusion (Episode 17.1)
    • Sep 29, 2020: Beginner Mode Glast Heim
    • Dec 17, 2020: Illusion of Abyss

3.5 months between AOGH and Episode 17.1

4 months between 17.1 and Illusion of Abyss

If the next big content update happened around Apr 22 (it won't)--4 months after Illusion of Abyss--would you still be unsatisfied? I would guess yes, because you asked the question about what has been done from Jan until now.

Edited by 6250140829153758463, 26 March 2021 - 06:54 PM.

#14 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2147 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

thank you, i do really like how you had these listed down.

it's important to know what's being fix recently, what are the "updates". But it's also equally important to know the timeline

So lets just dive into Fix only

Your question: What have they done from Jan to now? I won't include spotlight, turn-in changes, or events that were already in progress on Jan 1.

• Fix: Juggernaut shoes (Fire Dance SP cost reduction)
  • Sales event: Costume Fire Sale (twice)
  • Fix: Hero Manteau (Set Malus w/ Deviling)
  • Fix: Jitterbug and Ferre card drops
  • Sales event: Enriched Refine
  • Fix: Battleground catalog price list
  • Fix: Descriptions for cards from the Dreams & Shadows instance
  • Event: Lunar New Year (Malangdo Octopus Festival)
  • Event: Valentine's Day (Sweets Festival)
  • Fix: Sigrun's Wings
  • In progress: Make all costumes enchantable. They're starting from the beginning as though no costumes are currently enchantable, so today we finally reached Lower costumes that were not already enchantable
  • Fix: Kalasak Item Set
  • Fix: Bakonawa and Bayani Bakonawa Armor
  • Fix: Re-enable Temple of the Demon God instance NPC
  • Fix: Guild Castle Flags

Juggernaut Shoe was introduced on Nov2020, Fix took place 2month? after, iirc

Hero Manteau broken since ?? first open discussion was Dec2020 , Fix took place Jan2021
*Set Malus Imuke & Enforcer Cape / Deviling & Survivor Manteau was never mention,

Jitterbug instance was bugged since server re-open in 2020, & Fixed in 2021
"fully" fixed with card drop ,  card descriptions 

Battleground catalog been bugged since ?? -

Sigrun's Wings been bugged since ?? -

Ep 14.1 Port Malaya Kalasak , Bakonawa equips bugged since ?? -
I joined in 2017 & those gears were already obsoleted. i've never touched those. i didn't even know those were bugged 

Temple of demon god NPC missing since, iirc when server re-open in april2020 , Fixed in March2021 (countless rants on forum for a year)

Guild Castle Emblem , again afaik. when server re-open in april2020 , Fixed in March2021 (countless rants on forum for a year)

i may be wrong on the dates, this is afaik.
most of these. they were dragging and dragging to be fixed for a long long time already.
long enough that the fix, don't signify effort made. 

Edited by bearl, 26 March 2021 - 08:16 PM.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:38 PM

Fixing things isn't content lol

(shout out to the guy asking for illusion battle glove fix every week for the last 2 years)

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:31 PM

as far as updates/new stuff go, it's been getting faster everytime. Compare it to the likes of 2013~ when all we got for an entire year was OGH.(And ppl were less whiny about "gib new content tho" when we's have 2 things happening a year tops)

#17 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4115 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:48 AM

most likely there is no immediate plan to give us that QoL update, it just so happen that when kRO hastily send the bug fixes for guild storage dupe issue that also exists on iRO (leading to emergency maintenance), the increase in storage limit also exists on the bug fixes that they sent us

unknown.png?width=414&height=451

^ we = kRO

#18 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 03:48 AM

If I'm not mistaken, after iRO reopened after the hiatus, it has been fastest in getting updates and fixes compared to previous years.

the novelty of RT quickly faded and the inflated Chaos population due to COVID reached almost 5k at one point but came back to its natural 900-1.4k.

#19 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:53 AM

Fixing items months later is not content and will not help this game long term. This game is old af and the excuse about studio is old as well. We spend money to play a game that came out almost two decades ago. Do you like paying for subpar content updates? April may 2020 was the time to do better when we had 3k people. Bottom line is this. If you went to mcdonalds and they kept giving you bad service, you would stop going there. Stop supporting this kind of behavior. Its clear that the customer does not come first when it comes to warpportal/iro.

#20 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3540 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:02 AM

If kRO can track down dupes, why iRO can't track it down smh

#21 6250140829153758463

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:59 AM

Do we know how long the duping went on before kRO discovered the issue? Without knowing that, I wouldn't laud kRO for their ability to track down dupes. Over 5 million duped items before they took action.

Scuba and Minchi-

Indeed, fixes aren't game content. I didn't suggest or imply that they were. I answered the question that asked what WarpPortal has done for the past three months. I also noted after the list that no new permanent game content has been added during that time frame.

YonkySH-

While we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes, the timeline of events suggests that WP asked Gravity about the duping, Gravity confirmed, then Gravity told WP to disable guild storage.

What surprises me about that: Gravity didn't tell WP to disable guild storage when they provided the fix (or two weeks ago, when they fixed in kRO). Instead WP had to ask.

Bearl-

Thanks for making up for one of the things the list was missing (the length of time between initial report date and fixed date). The list also doesn't indicate importance to the community. What I'd like to see from WP is a prioritized list of bugs to fix, then we can provide input on the order (if necessary). That doesn't mean the bugs would get fixed in that order, but that list would represent the bugs most important to the community, and it would give direction on what should get fixed first/next.

Hero Manteau was probably broken upon release (Feb 2017).

#22 Littlekaka

Littlekaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:15 PM

Do we know how long the duping went on before kRO discovered the issue? Without knowing that, I wouldn't laud kRO for their ability to track down dupes. Over 5 million duped items before they took action.

Scuba and Minchi-
Indeed, fixes aren't game content. I didn't suggest or imply that they were. I answered the question that asked what WarpPortal has done for the past three months. I also noted after the list that no new permanent game content has been added during that time frame.

YonkySH-
While we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes, the timeline of events suggests that WP asked Gravity about the duping, Gravity confirmed, then Gravity told WP to disable guild storage.

What surprises me about that: Gravity didn't tell WP to disable guild storage when they provided the fix (or two weeks ago, when they fixed in kRO). Instead WP had to ask.

Bearl-
Thanks for making up for one of the things the list was missing (the length of time between initial report date and fixed date). The list also doesn't indicate importance to the community. What I'd like to see from WP is a prioritized list of bugs to fix, then we can provide input on the order (if necessary). That doesn't mean the bugs would get fixed in that order, but that list would represent the bugs most important to the community, and it would give direction on what should get fixed first/next.

Hero Manteau was probably broken upon release (Feb 2017).

Check my question, if kro abandoned iro, I'm not saying wp's problem. since everything camp has to ask "Studio", and see what's going on this server right now.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:28 PM

?

kRO "abandoned" every other non kro server already long ago, it's been the status quo of RO as a whole for like a decade

#24 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:20 AM

you asking forum that mostly isn't playing the game(hiatus) anymore.

#25 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:21 PM

you asking forum that mostly isn't playing the game(hiatus) anymore.

sad but true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users