Do we allow scam in our community ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Do we allow scam in our community ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 06:17 AM

This topic is to discuss whether this kind of behavior is against WP policies or not, do we accept or not and emphasize all players to follow WP policies for better game community. Please use polite words, discuss with reason and please don't agitate topic.I also have no intention to blame, reveal offenders identity or intervene WP investigation process, therefore all evidence (location name etc.) will be censored for his privacy.

Recently I found 1 player has been doing below behavior, I suspected that he has been scaming and taking advantage of all players.

20 March 2021
1. He cut all item price as shown in picture.
2. I suspected he did this on purpose, so I tried to buy 1 item from his shop but couldn't buy
3. Some player was fooled by his trick, so he cut the price and sell at lower price. I have no choice if I want my item to be sold, I need to cut the price
4. Scammer bought all items from my shop and I believe he bought all from market
5. I created ticket to WP support team to investigate and check whether it is against WP policies or not. There is 1 policy "Scamming another user to obtain items, currency, or other possessions."

30 March 2021
1. after he disappear for a while, he came back again, cut the price and named his shop to "b4 my zeny full, reload every 2 hrs" to show that he really want to sell. I still suspect that he has no intention to sell at low price
2. After a while, item in his shop increased as below, if he has intention to sell, should not his item be sold not increased?
   Headgear certificate increased from 1352 to 1402
   Weapon certificate increased from 1657 to 1704

02 April 2021
1. He cut the price again and named the shop to "u control market price? let's try ^.^". it is now obvious that he wanted to control market price

03 April 2021
1. he still cut the price

04 April 2021
1. After all market price goes down, he increased his item price back. He name his shop to "Hi~Don't So Serious Bro~"

*********** My suspicion ***********

I suspected that he is trying to control market price to force all player to sell items at his desirable price and take advantage to buy those items. He did this maybe because he refines things and sell. Therefore he maybe trying to reduce his cost.

*********** Interpret his behavior ***********

I think this kind of behavior is considered as Scam. Since he has no intention to sell at low price but he tried to force all player to sell at his desirable price then he can buy at the price he wanted.

If he really had intention to sell at low price, i have no argument since there is no WP policies not to cut the price whether 1 Zeny or 100M Zeny.

He has intention to ridicule someone as he named his shop (i never message him or have any fight with him)

*********** Effect from his behavior ***********

1. All poor players whether new or old have to sell at low price. Should not they get more zeny if this didn't happen? we all spent our time farming items but someone just forced us to sell at low price?
2. It really effect to new players who farm low price items to sell( such as safe to +7 certificates) or who open Kachua to sell
3. if it is considers as scam. do we allow scam in our community?

Edited by NTSB, 03 April 2021 - 07:25 AM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 April 2021 - 11:46 AM

That's how it's been done. " I suspected he did this on purpose, so I tried to buy 1 item from his shop but couldn't buy" has been around like forever. You can also do this tactic too if you have capita or if you have so much time. It all comes down that, everyone tries to manipulate the market (which is normal), then they themselves in the end get -_- ie too paranoid to sell, blah blah, then quit lol

#3 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 01:04 PM

no one really cares

https://forums.warpp...g/#entry2995332

i've seen people doing this with Valky Drops during fire sales, then the fake sellers themselves buy the items with another char when another seller set lower prices after watching the fake price in the shopp signs.

Edited by RonSilver, 03 April 2021 - 01:09 PM.

#4 knightof01

knightof01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:51 PM

oh i know this guy. he is a scum lmao. he's the one who bought steve gerber account. already reported him for RMT with clear evidence but GM do nothing :D

#5 nazhioozh

nazhioozh

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:48 PM

this is not the first time this man is doing this and has not penalties. 

#6 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:07 PM

This is the reason why I just throw my safe certs into kafra.

We report these kind of issues but its a vague concept when it comes to investigation. 

Thats why some people recommend that if the offline vending zeny is full, the zeny gets rodexed instead.  :rolleyes:

But for that to happen, its a game function and I believe we have to get it from kRO. But i doubt kRO has this kind of problem.

#7 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

Disable online vending

Give everyone ability to use offline vending (you can limit the duration or slots, and pick a way to get it: buy with zeny/daily login/etc)

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:07 PM

This is the reason why I just throw my safe certs into kafra.

We report these kind of issues but its a vague concept when it comes to investigation.

Thats why some people recommend that if the offline vending zeny is full, the zeny gets rodexed instead. :rolleyes:

But for that to happen, its a game function and I believe we have to get it from kRO. But i doubt kRO has this kind of problem.

Too complicating lol

GMs should just ban for a week if caught and reported but GMs won't do that. As much as most players in iRO are spoiled and entitled af, GMs also don't help enforcing right things.

#9 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

it's just.

market manipulation 

you -_- do -_- about it, move on

#10 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

I dont see any scam here.. well its how market going...if u know he is cutting price than just ignore n sale when price high.. u can hold it anyway

#11 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 03 April 2021 - 09:58 PM

welcome to capitalism

#12 NTSB

NTSB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:44 PM

no one really cares

https://forums.warpp...g/#entry2995332

i've seen people doing this with Valky Drops during fire sales, then the fake sellers themselves buy the items with another char when another seller set lower prices after watching the fake price in the shopp signs.

Pity us, if this keep happening again and again, who will waste their time go farm or open Kachua and sell. Now, in server it is like we are playing with macro players. 

I think it is more than obvious that this is "lie to get items" as below points. So is it equal to "scam to get item" ?

1st point: he lied players that price is getting lower ( i used word lied bcs he didnt want to sell/didnt sell things )

2nd point: he got items

https://www.warpport...ountpolicy.html

1.jpg

Edited by NTSB, 04 April 2021 - 03:48 PM.

#13 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:45 PM

Just letting online vending go through rodex wouldve fixed this tbh. They did it with offline vending, probably can do it with online

Edited by mlmf, 04 April 2021 - 03:45 PM.

#14 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:16 PM

no one "fools" there, he just want to get zeny faster than other.

This doesn't mean other that isn't "fools" in your terms, Sold all his/her vending with normal prices.

#15 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:26 AM

Thing is, this "fail to buy" because of max zeny cap is being abused to exactly "fool" people

#16 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:24 AM

Then doesnt that show how humans are greedy and selfish creatures that look out only for themselves at the expense of the welfare of other people.

This is the ethics of capitalism at its core.

I have tried again and again to be generous in this server, but my kindness doesn't seem to rub off on people, yet one person does something bad and then everyone wants to do it. You all cannot be saved.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

Capitalism teaches people to own a firm and to maximize profits but it doesn't teach people to become scammy, or cheating. One being -_- is entirely based on one's morales and teachings by the parents. Being greedy is normal as more is always better as long as you obtain the gain through a proper way that doesn't fool or trick other people.

Also, there good and bad people always. When you help people, you always know you may accidentally help bad people but at the same time you know you also help good people that deserve the help.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 05 April 2021 - 11:16 AM.

#18 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:24 PM

I have forwarded this thread to the team for investigation. Thank you!

#19 IDexter

IDexter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:22 PM

Capitalism is an abstract parasite, an insatiable vampire and zombie maker but the living flesh it converts into dead labor is ours and the zombies it makes are us.

#20 CritQuick

CritQuick

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:17 PM

Meh. No response from GM team means that this is acceptable behavior. Just don't fall for it I guess

Edited by CritQuick, 04 May 2021 - 07:12 PM.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:12 AM

It's made possible by having no price history of the items on sale easily available

#22 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:13 AM

It's made possible by having no price history of the items on sale easily available

Ah yes, if only we had a sales database that could automatically be updated with the ever-increasing amount of items available on iRO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users