September 16th Transcendence Hardware Maintenance - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 16th Transcendence Hardware Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 CMGarnet

CMGarnet

A leetle Rubbish Wizard

• Retired
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:26 PM

xf3tohN.png

iRO Transcendence Hardware Maintenance

September 16th, 12:00PM - 6:00PM PDT

Hardware maintenances will solely consist of IT tasks required to continue smooth operation of the game. From now on, we will be alternating between Hardware Maintenance and Update Maintenance from week to week. Current schedule looks like this:

9/16 - Hardware Maintenance

9/23 - Update Maintenance

9/30 - Hardware Maintenance

CNMYl1o.gifDyD4V6d.gif

Events

• EBR5HB9.png
    The Royal Hunt continues! (Ending date is to be determined)!!
    • Head over to Prontera (162, 76) to get started!
  • ta9Wedk.png
    Scaraba Dungeon Frenzy Fields are now open!
    • Located on the way to El Dicastes, equip your Ring of Wise King to face the Champion monsters here!
  • B87jb7F.png
    "Wandering Merchants" Event continues!
    • Towns: Izlude, Hugel, Alberta, Payon, Comodo, Geffen, Rachel, Veins
    • Stock (Limited Quantities): Strawberries, Witch Starsands, Blue Herbs, Stems
    • Restock Periods: NPCs restock daily at a different offset hour for each NPC. This is to ensure that players from all time zones have a chance to purchase these items.
  • TBuMaDH.png
    Our Homeward Bound Event has been extended (Ending date is to be determined)!
    • Enjoy a bonus +50% EXP and +25% Drops as you stay indoors and keep safe!
  • au6vIFf.png
    Guild vs Guild wars will begin in the War of Emperium!
    • Think your guild has what it takes to be the best in PvP? Prepare yourself as you fight with your guild for ownership of guild castles and daily treasures!

Community

• Join the RagRok Memes contest and win prizes for creating TikTok-inspired RO memes!
  • Did you know?
    • ​The use of grf edits such as "grayworld" is prohibited
    • We do not recruit players to be GMs

#2 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts
  • Twitter:@CMMayari

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hello! Just some of my own notes to add into here to keep you all updated...

- Still waiting to hear back about the Kronecker G. Heine Card

- Scuba set effects will be restored next update maintenance (next week). However, the effects won't work in WoE

Thanks!

#3 Arfael29

Arfael29

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:38 AM

Thanks CM Mayari.

We still have some other issues that needs attention if you may relay this to the devs:

• Belzeebub is bugged and cannot be killed.
  • MCA, Jewelry Box and taming sets are still not working
  • Hackers during WoE that are impossible to kill and has impossibly high damage, really makes WoE unfair and miserable (IP Ban or update of the anti-cheat software, live monitoring)
  • Izlude PvP room is still bugged (you spawn on water >_>)
  • Scuba stats removed (fix in 2 weeks)    Thanks! Regarding effects, does it lose all effects (flee on muffler, hp/sp on armor, atk/matk on mask) or just the combo effects? (casting, aspd +20 atk/matk)
  • Inform the community if the True Hunting/Regia sets would retain its stats after the event.
  • Okolnir Run: Maze Flowers that disappeared are still blocking the way, making the event longer than it should. 

Thank you. Please keep us posted.

Edited by Arfael29, 16 September 2021 - 09:18 AM.

#4 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:55 PM

Thanks CM Mayari.

We still have some other issues that needs attention if you may relay this to the devs:

• Scuba stats removed (fix in 2 weeks)    Thanks! Regarding effects, does it lose all effects (flee on muffler, hp/sp on armor, atk/matk on mask) or just the combo effects? (casting, aspd +20 atk/matk)
  • Inform the community if the True Hunting/Regia sets would retain its stats after the event.

Thank you. Please keep us posted.

For the question about the scuba stats- all effects will be blocked in WoE. We can't block combos, we have to block the basic gear.

As for the second one, I was told that they will remain after the event. Thank you!

#5 Harukashuji

Harukashuji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:trascendence

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:20 PM

what time will the server open?

#6 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 04:02 PM

Server's opening up right now. Thank you!

#7 wwwd

wwwd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:13 PM

• autopots during WoE that are impossible to kill and has impossibly high damage, really makes WoE unfair and miserable (IP Ban or update of the anti-cheat software, live monitoring)

#8 Arfael29

Arfael29

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:59 AM

Yes

Edited by Arfael29, 17 September 2021 - 08:01 AM.

#9 CMMayari

CMMayari

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1238 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:52 PM

• Belzeebub is bugged and cannot be killed.

So just heard possible news about this.  :eyes: A fix build for this is aimed to come sometime next month. 

But of course, please take this with a grain of salt, as things are subject to change as they continue to test these fixes before confirming that they'll definitely be applied.  :no1:

#10 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:02 PM

they should start by banning all the autopotters in woe which was reported months ago.

#11 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:33 AM

What is the warpportal official stance on dual clients in War of Emperium specifically?

What are the rules for the following specific examples:

1. Is it considered mutli-clienting if I log onto a character via a seperate, (second, third, fourth, etc) computer?
  2. May I have a priest dual cliented at my respawn point so I can cast Blessing, Agility Up, and other buffs on myself, and warp myself to different locations?
  3. How many characters may I have multi cliented at my respawn point whose only purpose is to cast buffs on the one character I bring into WoE castle maps to battle?
  4. May I bring multi cliented characters into a WoE castle map via the guild skill Urgent Recall?
  5. May I bring multi cliented characters into a WoE castle map by walking them through portals or using the castle flag?
  6. May I bring multi cliented characters into different WoE castle maps?
  7. May I control multi cliented characters in a WoE castle map for any purpose?
    If I may not:
    What is the consequence for doing so?
    If there are consequences, are there different consequences for the "main" account and the "alt" accounts?
    Are the consequences limited to the multi client accounts themselves, or are they applied to the guild involved?
    If I may, can you answer the following questions regarding that?
  8. In a WoE castle map, may I use multi cliented characters for the sole purpose of buffing myself on one character I intend to battle on?
  9. In a WoE castle map, may I use multi cliented characters to do battle, examples being:
    If one character is beaten out of the castle, may I select and control a different one to do battle?
    If I have multiple characters in different castles, may I control any of them to battle opponents depending on where they arrive?
  10. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented hunter to lay traps through the castle?
  11. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented character with a keyboard macro, examples being a macro that uses a simulated F1 keystroke to cast Magnificat, Song of Lutie, or Dazzler, after a duration?
  12. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented character with a keyboard and mouse macro, for example a macro that uses a simulated F1 keystroke to select Quagmire and simulated mouseclick to cast it on a location repeatedly?

Would you please review and answer these questions with at least some expedience?

#12 VModIceCreamCake

VModIceCreamCake

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 316 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

What is the warpportal official stance on dual clients in War of Emperium specifically?

What are the rules for the following specific examples:

1. Is it considered mutli-clienting if I log onto a character via a seperate, (second, third, fourth, etc) computer?
  2. May I have a priest dual cliented at my respawn point so I can cast Blessing, Agility Up, and other buffs on myself, and warp myself to different locations?
  3. How many characters may I have multi cliented at my respawn point whose only purpose is to cast buffs on the one character I bring into WoE castle maps to battle?
  4. May I bring multi cliented characters into a WoE castle map via the guild skill Urgent Recall?
  5. May I bring multi cliented characters into a WoE castle map by walking them through portals or using the castle flag?
  6. May I bring multi cliented characters into different WoE castle maps?
  7. May I control multi cliented characters in a WoE castle map for any purpose?
    If I may not:
    What is the consequence for doing so?
    If there are consequences, are there different consequences for the "main" account and the "alt" accounts?
    Are the consequences limited to the multi client accounts themselves, or are they applied to the guild involved?
    If I may, can you answer the following questions regarding that?
  8. In a WoE castle map, may I use multi cliented characters for the sole purpose of buffing myself on one character I intend to battle on?
  9. In a WoE castle map, may I use multi cliented characters to do battle, examples being:
    If one character is beaten out of the castle, may I select and control a different one to do battle?
    If I have multiple characters in different castles, may I control any of them to battle opponents depending on where they arrive?
  10. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented hunter to lay traps through the castle?
  11. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented character with a keyboard macro, examples being a macro that uses a simulated F1 keystroke to cast Magnificat, Song of Lutie, or Dazzler, after a duration?
  12. In a WoE castle map, may I use a multi cliented character with a keyboard and mouse macro, for example a macro that uses a simulated F1 keystroke to select Quagmire and simulated mouseclick to cast it on a location repeatedly?

Would you please review and answer these questions with at least some expedience?

That's a lot of questions! I'm just a player/volunteer so I might be mistaken on parts but I'll try to help answer.

To simplify the situation, it helps to start by reading through the game rules. But as that is not terribly in depth I'll try to give more details on your questions.

For #1-10, in general there is no limit to how many characters you are allowed to play/multi-client at once, other than the limits placed on warp portal accounts (three game accounts per email). But also as far as I can tell there also isn't a limit on warp portal accounts either, so it should be within the rules to have more than 3 clients active at once assuming your computer(s) can handle that many.

So making multiple accounts is allowed and you're allowed to play them at the same time when you're on or off of WoE maps. That said, the key is you are playing them, so for your examples in #11 and #12 those would not be allowed as those are examples of "automating gameplay". A macro which repeats an action, one which has an action occur on delay when you're not controlling it, or one which does anything without your input is considered botting. The punish for botting is quite severe and can be as extensive as an IP ban of all game accounts which connected from your computer and banning Warp Portal accounts which shares the same registration details (as mentioned in the Terms of Service). So please don't break the rules by using macros like that!

Also worth mentioning is commands should be sent to a visible client. For example using a macro to force a key press on a minimized client, so as to cast a buff, would be against the rules. This is because at all times you are playing (entering commands to the game client) you need to be able to respond to an inquiry from a GM. So if the window is not visible then you are bypassing that requirement and could face punishment (GMs would have no way to tell you aren't botting).

Hope this helps!

#13 Bardoak

Bardoak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:08 PM

• Can we please have a solution to hackers in WoE? They just take whatever castles they wish to attack as they can take all damages without dying. Soul Destroyer, Gfists, even Lex'd while using Double daggers, non defensive gears. Can we have a GM to watch weekly even at least one person to chat in game to monitor those hackers? Imagine defending castles for a long time after putting all the effort to take it then one Sinx just comes and wipe everyone. We've been sending tickets and believe they keep getting banned. BUT the problem is they just keep remaking characters. IP Ban would be very ideal or live monitoring during WoE. It really sucks to see 1 player being attacked by 10+ maxed gears at the same time and would never die as if they don't exist.

Some brazilian members want to come back but as soon as they're informed about hackers, that killed the idea. 

Edited by Bardoak, 19 September 2021 - 03:09 PM.

#14 Arfael29

Arfael29

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

That's a lot of questions! I'm just a player/volunteer so I might be mistaken on parts but I'll try to help answer.

To simplify the situation, it helps to start by reading through the game rules. But as that is not terribly in depth I'll try to give more details on your questions.

For #1-10, in general there is no limit to how many characters you are allowed to play/multi-client at once, other than the limits placed on warp portal accounts (three game accounts per email). But also as far as I can tell there also isn't a limit on warp portal accounts either, so it should be within the rules to have more than 3 clients active at once assuming your computer(s) can handle that many.

So making multiple accounts is allowed and you're allowed to play them at the same time when you're on or off of WoE maps. That said, the key is you are playing them, so for your examples in #11 and #12 those would not be allowed as those are examples of "automating gameplay". A macro which repeats an action, one which has an action occur on delay when you're not controlling it, or one which does anything without your input is considered botting. The punish for botting is quite severe and can be as extensive as an IP ban of all game accounts which connected from your computer and banning Warp Portal accounts which shares the same registration details (as mentioned in the Terms of Service). So please don't break the rules by using macros like that!

Also worth mentioning is commands should be sent to a visible client. For example using a macro to force a key press on a minimized client, so as to cast a buff, would be against the rules. This is because at all times you are playing (entering commands to the game client) you need to be able to respond to an inquiry from a GM. So if the window is not visible then you are bypassing that requirement and could face punishment (GMs would have no way to tell you aren't botting).

Hope this helps!

Can this IP banning be used against hackers too? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users