Good Morning Midgardians!
It is the first week of August and we are one month closer to the late September update.
Now what is going on in iRO!
Currently the team is working on the following:
- Fixing the missing descriptions for the new Shadow Cube items, Unfortunately this got delayed a maintenance due to some outside issues.
- Testing Next Kachua
- Testing Next OCP, this ocp will come with a new system where users can over time be sure they get the rarest item in the box.
- Fixing users who can't do the Noodle Event again.
- Work started on the next EAC update.
- Test stream happened, we experienced some technical issue but were able to go live.
- Planning an untitled event to be released at the beginning of Fall, targeted end of September.
- Working on a new world to add to the current ones it will match current settings.
- This world is a clone of Chaos and Thor. It will be matching their settings and come in Q3
- QA testing the Q3 update
- Prepping to do long term QA testing for Q2 2023
In addition we have other issues under investigation/fixing but they aren't on the schedule just yet.
The current status of the next major iRO update: Undergoing QA
As a note although we listed QA testing starting for Q2 2023 there are updates planned for Q4 2022 and Q1 2023. The update planned for Q2 2023 is just expected to take longer to test and get into game.
Stability Fix Notes - Repeated from last week , plus one new error.
So far there have been four noted issues that have come up. I will try to cover them below.
1. Ctrl F11/Shift F11: Unfortunately this stability fix removed the last of the nospam client features. This had to be done in order to align our cps.dll with the rest of the RO family. By doing so we were able to start updating EAC again without causing the mass disconnection 'Panic!' errors. As you may recall these would disconnect most users from the game.
2. Service Update Failed: This update is caused by EAC not properly updated itself due to a connection issue. If you follow the link in the error message EAC provides a manual patch to the issue.
3. Sha 2 Code Signing; This issue is caused by a missing windows update. Microsoft has an article on it here: https://support.micr...78-34f9aa5f8339.
4. Windows 11 crash. Right now we are investigating this on going issue. The best advice we have currently is to run the repair feature on EAC and try compatibility mode.
5. Error Code 10011. Unfortunately this means something went wrong with the installation. You can either run the EAC repair feature or reinstall the game client to fix this.
There is another EAC update that we will be implementing soon. The work on it has started and we will share more details once it enters testing.
As always thank you for playing Ragnarok Online and I will be seeing you in Midgard.