This Week in Ragnarok August 5th, 2022 - Page 2 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

This Week in Ragnarok August 5th, 2022

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#26 Cataskung

Cataskung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:33 PM

1. OCP guarantee sounds nice, but I hope we don't have to buy a big chunk to get one rare item.

2. Any bug fix from previous OCP items. I reported Mountain Helmet doesn't give Power Swing buff when the effect activates, but no news about it since then.

3. Any chance to bring Racing Cap content into the server? Battle AB really needs some items to be playable and unique.

#27 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:18 PM

hi camp, please consider mvp/sealed card in ocp at 0.01%

#28 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:thor

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:45 AM

sir camp please answer me this , is the next easy anti cheat patch will remove the BSOD when eac starting issue? before that stability update i dont have problem whenever eac starting, and also did you check my previous error notes if not then forget it its not gonna resolve mine in the end...

#29 Volbeast

Volbeast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 09:08 PM

Oh wonderful, a new server to further fragment a player base that is already thin.. And a huge slap in the face to everyone who spent years accumulating gear, only for it to be for nothing.

#30 jeybuks

jeybuks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHall of Abyss
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2022 - 10:23 AM

Oh wonderful, a new server to further fragment a player base that is already thin.. And a huge slap in the face to everyone who spent years accumulating gear, only for it to be for nothing.

true,
i suggest bring to new server at least 1 set of the hard-earned, almost sold the house for ocp item, botb gears. 1 set or 2 would be fine maybe.

#31 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 01:26 PM

• Working on a new world to add to the current ones it will match current settings.
    • This world is a clone of Chaos and Thor. It will be matching their settings and come in Q3

could you clarify if this is a new separate server that will exist alongside Chaos and Thor or a new server that is actually a merger of Chaos and Thor?

#32 yixunxun

yixunxun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 04:33 PM

the new ocp guarantee system sounds great,even it's not generous as Camp said

we have fire sale/trade way and now additional guarantee system,what more can we expect?good try WP~

i support the idea that put Mvp card into OCP/Kachua,caz JRO/KRO both have this system

low rate like 0.01% and some rare Mvp will surely increase KP purchase i guess

for players we can have extral way to get some of the rare cards which are nearly impossible to obtain in game

besides,i hope Camp can give more attention to RK,since the green Arua updated,it's really hard for RK to deal with Holy/Dark MVPs

pls update RK skill rebanlance to Physical RK or bring us this to DB RK  ツインヘッド・ドラゴンメイル [1] https://www.divine-p...e/item/450216/1

Edited by yixunxun, 07 August 2022 - 04:44 PM.

#33 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 12:05 AM

besides,i hope Camp can give more attention to RK,since the green Arua updated,it's really hard for RK to deal with Holy/Dark MVPs
pls update RK skill rebanlance to Physical RK or bring us this to DB RK

There are hundreds spear gears(good alt for hybrid db rk) ignition break build, crit build and Sonic wave build for those elements....

What is being left behind are SE/SR and oboro, very limited gears

Edited by T1tanG3l, 08 August 2022 - 12:06 AM.

#34 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 08 August 2022 - 03:49 AM

could you clarify if this is a new separate server that will exist alongside Chaos and Thor or a new server that is actually a merger of Chaos and Thor?

Judging from other posts, and the terms "alongside" and "will have the same settings as", it sounds like a new Renewal Server.

As we get closer, I'd like to know if "same settings" means same Kafra Shop. 

#35 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 03:57 AM

Judging from other posts, and the terms "alongside" and "will have the same settings as", it sounds like a new Renewal Server.

i should stop asking Campitor. I just realized i was just dumb for assuming its a merger of Chaos and Thor when it is obviously a new and separate server. Part of of that delusion was cause of my guildmate influencing me somehow. but anyway, the "ADD TO THE CURRENT ONES" gave it away.

It will go down to either:

R.I.P. Chaos and Thor

or

that new server in a year or two.

#36 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:06 AM

i should stop asking Campitor. I just realized i was just dumb for assuming its a merger of Chaos and Thor when it is obviously a new and separate server. Part of of that delusion was cause of my guildmate influencing me somehow. but anyway, the "ADD TO THE CURRENT ONES" gave it away.

R.I.P. Chaos and Thor

or

I could see either happening. My hope is this server actually comes out Q3 as planned, Thor and Chaos merge, and then ideally Chaos remains generally unchanged for the folks that have accumulated so much, while the secondary server applies key points from the survey earlier this year.

Edit: I forgot to mention, thank you Camp for your transparency. I can't speak for everyone else, but this is the stuff I've been longing to see for a while in the patch notes; a general game-plan, progress being made, and a picture of what's going on behind closed doors. It makes me excited and want to spend less time in other games and more time here. I'm looking forward to giving the new place a shot. Now get rid of that ad for RO Classic on the site's homepage and replace it with an ad for this new one :D

Edited by havocstopper, 08 August 2022 - 04:21 AM.

#37 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:59 AM

Now get rid of that ad for RO Classic on the site's homepage and replace it with an ad for this new one :D

But the Classic ad is the ultimate click bait for people wanting to play RO - Some might even stay after the disappointment of finding out there is no Classic server.

Edited by Tribe, 08 August 2022 - 07:02 AM.

#38 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:29 AM

Camp is there a reason that people polled a classic server release and then thought a new renewal server was the perfect idea in response? Like are you guys even trying anymore lol.

#39 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:35 AM

monthly subscription classic server when?

#40 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:46 AM

monthly subscription classic server when?

CLASSIC ROX, RENEWAL SUX!!!

#41 Rebelling

Rebelling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:in your heart

Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:16 AM

What is this "new clone world" all about?

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:13 AM

R.I.P. Chaos and Thor
or

Chaos and Thor will never die. People have invested too much. Also there are many OCPs and Kachues waiting to come. Anyway, Chaos is just like an old bucket full of dirty used oil. Nothing to do to fix it. Updates dont help.

New server will be fresh ans crisp for 2-3 years before it gets dirty and smelly. Thats when you pour it into the old bucket. Then you can start a new server again.

#43 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:53 AM

Chaos and Thor will never die. People have invested too much. Also there are many OCPs and Kachues waiting to come. Anyway, Chaos is just like an old bucket full of dirty used oil. Nothing to do to fix it. Updates dont help.

New server will be fresh ans crisp for 2-3 years before it gets dirty and smelly. Thats when you pour it into the old bucket. Then you can start a new server again.

If they skip the ocps, woe pots, make sure monsters drop the appropriate exp, and fix FAS I think it'll last 4. XD

#44 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:09 AM

Go play on private servers then if that's your thing LMAO.

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:41 AM

If they skip the ocps, woe pots, make sure monsters drop the appropriate exp, and fix FAS I think it'll last 4. XD

Yes. New server can be OCPs free and less cash grabs. Just dump all OCPs and Kachue to Chaos/Thor. Put some good items in Cash shop, and they will buy it. Like I said, since server is so old, new players have a very hard time to join. However old existing players also have a hard time to quit too, unless WP purposely force close Chaos for 2 more months. Then people will quit because they have time to reflect that its time to retire in iRO lol. Anyway, WP can use that money from OCPs/Kachue to focus and help on new server.

Go play on private servers then if that's your thing LMAO.

Opening a new server isnt exclusively a private server thing. Official server like iRO can very well open a new server too. Server closing has nothing to do with being official or private, but has to do with players. There are many many official servers that have been closed, just like private servers. When enough players quit, that's when they can close the server.

Being said, if we want new players to try iRO, we need to help them to have an easier settlement and that is a new server. WP just has to do some aggressive marketing to get people aware of the new server. When new players are established enough after 2-3 years, we can transfer them to rotten Chaos and they can decide to continue or quit. Playing on a new fresh server offers many benefits that Chaos doesnt have. We all know that there is nothing we can do to get new players to play Chaos. Even updates barely keep existing players engaged and interested in playing. Server is too old. Hence opening a new server is a right direction. 

Edited by ChakriGuard, 08 August 2022 - 10:44 AM.

#46 GrimFlayer

GrimFlayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:59 AM

pls update RK skill rebanlance to Physical RK or bring us this to DB RK  ツインヘッド・ドラゴンメイル [1] https://www.divine-p...e/item/450216/1

I feel you bro, physical RK are not great damage dealers then this green aura patch came, can't OHKO via crush strike, DB RK shrunk, even with Jasper Rings IB damage is not enough that's why I'm so excited that they said RK will come with GX skill rework hoping it will come this month or September.

Speaking of OCPs I believe for physical RKs only 3 OCPs (?) are still not yet implemented:

1) Rune Greaves: for HS lovers just like me.

2) Jasper Circlet (the jRO effect) I'm fine if they nerf the cooldown reduction to -1.5s (because jRO IB has 3s cooldown but iRO's 2s)

3) the mid headgear reginleaf type of sprite that reduces the cooldown of IB (forget the whole name).

#47 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 05:16 AM

I feel you bro, physical RK are not great damage dealers then this green aura patch came, can't OHKO via crush strike, DB RK shrunk, even with Jasper Rings IB damage is not enough that's why I'm so excited that they said RK will come with GX skill rework hoping it will come this month or September.

Speaking of OCPs I believe for physical RKs only 3 OCPs (?) are still not yet implemented:
1) Rune Greaves: for HS lovers just like me.
2) Jasper Circlet (the jRO effect) I'm fine if they nerf the cooldown reduction to -1.5s (because jRO IB has 3s cooldown but iRO's 2s)
3) the mid headgear reginleaf type of sprite that reduces the cooldown of IB (forget the whole name).

+1 to this rune greaves pls!!!

#48 Misfortune

Misfortune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:22 PM

If a third, "fresh" server is spinning up, which server(s) will continue to receive new content going forward? 

#49 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:42 AM

Once again IRO has fallen into the trap of opening a new server that players allegedly want for a game that came out while George Bush was still president. I will never quit chaos to play another iro “pop up” server but would definitely quit to play another game :/

#50 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 04:21 AM

Once again IRO has fallen into the trap of opening a new server that players allegedly want for a game that came out while George Bush was still president. I will never quit chaos to play another iro “pop up” server but would definitely quit to play another game :/

I liken RO to a game of monopoly that lasts a couple years or more. It's a very long game but it inevitably ends, even if you can come sit at the table and make deals with the other players. A new server is like starting a new round, which is why I personally enjoy playing fresh iterations of this ancient game.

A lot of people feel the way you do, so just enjoy playing at the OG table, then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users