New World/Server: Hype, Hopes, and Realities - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New World/Server: Hype, Hopes, and Realities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:29 PM

Since it was announced officially that we'd be getting a clean Renewal Server sometime this quarter, I thought I'd share what I'd like to see, and hear what everyone else is hoping for. While it's been stated that it'll be a clone of Chaos/Thor's settings, it still leaves room for some improvements that I'd love to see, such as...

No OCP. While fun for the crazy damage you can deal with those items, it'll break the game and the need for parties faster than you can type lfp.

No WoE Pots box. They make the priest class virtually obsolete and alienate the players that enjoy support.

Ensure skills work as intended. Lookin' at you, FAS and the recently fixed Cart Cannon.

If the plan is to do the whole "gradual update" thing, it would be nice to start with El Dicastes or perhaps a little bit before (Non-3rd Class WoE is fun, imo).

I could go either way with this, but don't implement Gramps right away. Make wandering the world great again (at least for a while). This also ties to my last thought...

Make sure word gets around that there's a new server opening. If most of the players for the new world are intended to mostly be current active players from Chaos or Thor, streamlining things with gramps will make launch pretty dull.

What are you all looking forward to? What do you hope to see? If we can at least get the first two points, I'll likely make it my new RO home.

#2 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:35 PM

Looking forward to actually emersing myself into adventuring and partying with other players to level up. I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee so long as everything is fair game. Also if they can implement partying on episode quests especially during instances, it'll be great to promote team play rather than requiring you to solo. Yes we can probably do it with Chaos and Thor but for a server without OCP's, partying with other players to achieve a common goal is great fun.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:57 PM

a clone of chaos

#4 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 02:15 PM

just need to get enforcers on first firesaleand thats it, you win

#5 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 August 2022 - 02:44 PM

The improvements are good, but i think "This world is a clone of Chaos and Thor. It will be matching their settings" already means they've decided what will be in it already.

I'm already expecting players to buy the current OCP and then go to Boxter to exchange for previous OCP for items like Enforcer Shoes

Edited by FishDeity, 10 August 2022 - 02:44 PM.

#6 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:19 PM

It's possible it could be a copy and paste deal thru and thru, but I could also see it not being one.

I'm sure more light will be shed, but I interpreted "clone" in terms of rates/style. It won't be classic, prere or any hybrid, but renewal systems. Secondly, it's clear that economically Chaos is a strange, broken ecosystem that's best left to do whatever Chaos does. I'm optimistically hoping that the same mistakes that led to other server closures and the main server's current state won't be repeated; namely the shop offerings.

And if they are, well, there ya go ^^;; At least we get to start at lvl 1 together for another go-around, and get a few good WoEs in.

#7 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:28 PM

I just hope they hold off the green aura update on the new clone server until a couple months when most players establish themselves.

#8 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:01 PM

I hope they launch a new monthly server without P2W soon.

#9 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:16 PM

It’s best to just wait for “official” announcement than gettin’ your hopes high on this lol. Feel me?

#10 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:27 PM

It’s best to just wait for “official” announcement than gettin’ your hopes high on this lol. Feel me?

I feel you, believe me.

Speculation is more fun than hashing out the same daily gripes, though. Besides, it gives staff the chance to see what we're hoping for vs. what they're planning on doing, and tune things accordingly.

#11 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:29 PM

I believe it's just going to be a fresh server with all the same content/updates that Chaos has at the time the server opens (yay being able to use Eden at the 1st of a fresh server for once!), nothing special - and they will prob have a ocp fire sale to cash in on the hype.

But if we are listing our hopes and dreams

• No OCP would be cool (but then they wont be cashing in on all the people wanting their op gear at the start).
  • Close Thor and Chaos, ban anyone that complains (already seen ppl say the new server is a slap in the face, well you need a kick in the guts - Chaos is aids and needs to die).
  • Sub server with 0 cash shop (but then getting +billion gear would be "fun").

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:45 PM

Opening a new server but why close Chaos and Thor? Just because you dont wanna play doesnt mean other people dont lol. And dont be ridiculous. Chaos and Thor are where they can milk players. I still wanna drop money just to open new OCPs for fun and thrill, doing 69m+ damage, even no one plays anymore. I'm sure the same goes to other people too. The new sub server wont generate enough revenues, without Chaos and Thor.

Since OP mentioned about no WoE box. I assume he wants a fair WoE? My suggestion is to add cooldown on all potions in WoE. 0.1-0.2 seconds each potion is fine. Trying to spam skills and trying to use potions at the same time manually, most probably can do 4 pots/sec or 7 pots/sec at most or 10 pots/sec if they only focus on potting alone. Higher than this probably macro potting, or AHK to just simply press down a pot hotkey or simply just AP. This will prevent cheaters from using autopot as well as stop forcing legit players to use autopot, just to try to be on a fair ground. Cheating is contagious.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 August 2022 - 06:52 PM.

#13 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 10 August 2022 - 05:22 PM

The improvements are good, but i think "This world is a clone of Chaos and Thor. It will be matching their settings" already means they've decided what will be in it already.

I'm already expecting players to buy the current OCP and then go to Boxter to exchange for previous OCP for items like Enforcer Shoes

OCPs aren't a setting

#14 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:37 AM

OCPs aren't a setting

Which is one reason why I have a little candle of hope that this'll be the time things "get done right". 

I also agree with the green aura mvp thought. It could be good to either skip their implementation for now or start the game off a few episodes earlier so people have time to gear up to deal with them.

#15 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 05:19 AM

start with green aura to make it fair to non-early player

#16 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 09:31 AM

Ideally i'd like the new server without ocps, but I'd be okay if they put ocp gears as rare mvp/castle drop (but not on kafra shop!!)

This would settle with kro's negligence on revitalizing mvp and woe drops and also would make green aura actually worth it

#17 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 05:05 PM

Idk why staffs makin another RO trans 2.0

#18 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 07:50 AM

1. Personally, I will only play RO again if Fly Wing, Giant Fly Wing, Teleport and all skills with teleport mechanic have at least 1 minute cooldown.

I want the game to be less fast-paced and favor group play. RO is already very easy to solo even without teleport mechanic. Without cooldown on teleport, there's virtually no risk when you play solo in the overworld maps and so there's almost no reason to party. The only reason people would want to party is if they're not geared enough yet but then it's only a matter of time before most people stop playing together. Because like in every MMO, the existence of economy will make the game increasingly easier. Content that used to be hard to solo at launch will be possible or even easy to solo as zeny and items become more abundant and affordable.

2. Cash shop items are all untradeable.

Otherwise it would just be a way to convert real money to zeny without getting banned and allow people to spend real money to win economic advantage. There's nothing wrong with people that can't spend money not being able to experience the full game. When RO was sub-based, people that couldn't spend money couldn't even play the game.

3. No Gacha

4. No OCP/jRO items

I don't mind shadow gears because they're an addition to the base content, not an alternative that can cannibalize the base content. Although some shadow sets share the same effect as some cards, it ultimately just free the card slot for another card. And we're getting new cards every episode. Also, for example, if you have both Thanatos Card and Penetration Set, you can still make use of Thanatos Card to free up the shadow equipment slot for a better shadow set.

On the other hand, jRO items obsolete a lot of the base content gears because they use the same equipment slot.

5. Imo, Gramps TI shouldn't be implemented. I prefer Bounty Board system with some changes.

- You can get teleported for free to the monster's location.
- You have to complete the entire board to retake the quests.
- Reorganize the board by monster level and have cross-zone boards.
- For monsters with low spawn rate, reduce the kill count to 50 and adjust the exp reward accordingly.

The goal is each map/zone doesn't get too crowded because people have to switch hunting location.

Some people may prefer no leveling quest at all. Personally I want there to be incentives to explore the world like Research Task/Pokedex in Pokemon Legends. Bounty Board system could serve similar purpose if it's redesigned properly. It can also make leveling more social because you don't need to split the kill count and reward.

6. I'd like to see Bounty Board for all MvP, Mini Boss and monsters with extremely low spawn rate. Each monster kill count is only 1. You can turn in individual quest but you need to complete the board to retake the quests. The reward for tuning in individual quest can be experience. The reward after completing all the quests can be something like a shadow gear set.

I find the bounty board idea interesting, especially the completion requirement part. It would be a great way to make things fresh and encourage exploration. Will something that requires that much intricacy happen? I doubt it, but like I said, it's a good idea!

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 August 2022 - 10:50 PM

Already asked, it's a clone.

It's Chaos, but with a reset on the character database.

That's it. From what I understand, it's an issue of manpower so they need to keep it identical to prevent issues.

Honestly, RO is what you make of it, but as it solves nothing for me personally, it being an exact 1:1 copy means that all the problems that exists will continue to exists, only I have to start from scratch. The last part wouldn't be an issue, except OCP/Kachua being a thing means that all in game content will be made equally redundant, so it's a long crawl with the same end result.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 14 August 2022 - 10:50 PM.

#20 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 15 August 2022 - 05:06 AM

That's it. From what I understand, it's an issue of manpower so they need to keep it identical to prevent issues.

Honestly, RO is what you make of it, but as it solves nothing for me personally, it being an exact 1:1 copy means that all the problems that exists will continue to exists, only I have to start from scratch. The last part wouldn't be an issue, except OCP/Kachua being a thing means that all in game content will be made equally redundant, so it's a long crawl with the same end result.

Isn’t that what newbies wants coz they start the game and couldn’t catch up with the whales on the server and end up quittin few weeks after playin.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:01 AM

not if you can immediately whale the game into oblivion because the cash shop is identical( and events would be too, lik3 fire sale, making the entire ingame economy moot the moment it drops)

#22 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 August 2022 - 08:38 PM

maybe they wanna set new records on a new dead server, restart was pretty fast but we can pump up those numbers cant we? 

#23 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:31 PM

Isn’t that what newbies wants coz they start the game and couldn’t catch up with the whales on the server and end up quittin few weeks after playin.

don't forget WP giving RMT sweatshops another lucrative business opportunity with a fresh server

maybe they wanna set new records on a new dead server, restart was pretty fast but we can pump up those numbers cant we? 

dead server speedrun any%

#24 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 04:44 AM

Wow, so if that's true, then I would change the server's lifespan from 3-4 to 1-1.5 years xD

It'll be a really fun first week of everything being "fresh" with gramps parties and the like, but once enforcer gear and blacksmith blessings start showing up, it'll go to crickets. We can still all hope for a couple of good WoE's. I'll still hang there a while, but will it be my new home? Eh.

Can we at least get confirmation whether or not this server is a byproduct of the survey we took those many months ago?

#25 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 August 2022 - 10:11 AM

If it is an exact clone of Chaos, maybe the new server is WP's way of converting its regular players who dont want to spend money in Chaos because of the economy and encourage them to whale in the new server. When the server gets stale, they just merge them to Chaos and create a mega whale server. Misdirection at its finest!

Edited by therevengeofnico, 16 August 2022 - 11:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users