Region blocked in the USA? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Region blocked in the USA?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ellyxxcat

ellyxxcat

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2022 - 04:12 AM

Hey there,

It's been a few years since I last touched this game.  I made a new warp portal account yesterday but was unable to create a new Ragnarok account under that, due to the "you are not allowed to view this content" message.  I was a little stumped, but eventually I was able to get into my old warp portal account and found that I had 3 game accounts under that which were still active... however, I was still getting the "not allowed to view content" message if I tried to make yet another game account there, too.  Anyway I started the game to try one of my existing accounts, but kept getting "failed to connect" when logging in.

I thought at first that the anti-cheat thing might be picking up something else I have running on the machine.  (Okay okay... so... I am doing something with another game involving some memory-aware AHK scripts and a debugger, but none of it is interacting with RO in any way.)  So I shut all that stuff down and tried again, but still couldn't connect.

Finally I had a hunch there might be some kind of region blocking issue (confirmed by the "not allowed to view this content" message, apparently, as I've since read in a few different places.)  So I checked the warp portal website on my phone, and sure enough it allowed me to view the new account creation page for ragnarok, on both my new warp portal account and my old one.  Hmmm.  Seems like I am mistakenly caught in your game's region blocking somehow??  I am connecting from USA midwest, so I wouldn't think this should be a problem.

I was able to get around the issue on my PC and connect to my old accounts by setting up Mudfish (VPN) for RO, and also separately by connecting the pc to my phone's wifi.  Not a big deal since I had Mudfish anyway.  It would be nice if I didn't have to spend my bandwidth though, I need it for the other game where I have actual routing stability issues.  Any way you guys can look into this, or are you aware of an issue already?  My ISP is Metronet.

Edited by ellyxxcat, 20 November 2022 - 04:25 AM.

#2 Ashrin

Ashrin

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2022 - 10:20 PM

I've been dealing with the same thing for over a month. I found a way around it, but the cash shop is still blocked. See my post here: https://forums.warpp...hosting-people/

I see you are also from the mid-west. If it's from Texas, then I have a sneaky suspicion this company blocks everyone from Texas and makes the racist assumption everyone is from the EU.

Edited by Ashrin, 26 November 2022 - 10:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users