Wind Hawk Writeup for 250 Patch *Updated 3/5/2024 - Page 3 - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Wind Hawk Writeup for 250 Patch *Updated 3/5/2024

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#51 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 05:01 AM

After testing, it's very much in favor of the Record of Archers for FAS builds. I only have a +10 CamoBunny at Acute5, low CRT talent, no cards in Records (since sharing with Maestro), with mediocre Shadow Gear for FAS, and it was still a 6 mil increase difference (but I do lose 79 Crit Rate which might be yucky against certain MVPs solo):

https://tinypic.host/image/txukk

(*Did the forum stop supporting tinypic images?)

However, if I could afford it I'd like to compare a +30 Shooting Shadow Set+CamoBunny+ODR with PDM (or maybe Silver Claw if only 60% DEF bypass is sufficient with Ranger Shadow Shield) since addition of 10% Ranged, 15% Crit DMG, 15% FAS DMG with 108% DEF Bypass (or +10% ATK and 55% more Crit DMG w/ Silver Claw+Ominous Heater) has merit too with ODR although not sure if it will beat it in the end. But considering Shooting Set is maybe 4-6b, the Records sound the way to go since they can double for Maestro/Troub equips too and are currently cheaper than the alternative... and all this is sounding too rich for my blood for just "testing" at this point, haha.

just upload the image on discord then copy image link and paste it on forum

#52 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2024 - 04:52 PM

Updated for this patch. Key things:

• Poenitentia Nervus is pretty much the best in slot for everything but Arrow/Gale Storm as far as I can tell. Only gets edged out by Sharp Star + Biolab hat for FAS.
  • Gale Storm is now a build. It might be my fault that the Moonflower combo we got gives CDR instead of more generalized DPS so sorry for that lmao. I think this is the only Gale Storm CDR in the game across all servers, though, so just wait for those skill balance patches.
  • Probably nothing else this patch is worth heavily pursuing. Cinnamoroll is account bound and like $30 or whatever so I'm not adding it.

#53 Jefuu

Jefuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationParadise
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 January 2024 - 08:50 AM

Updated for this patch. Key things:

• Poenitentia Nervus is pretty much the best in slot for everything but Arrow/Gale Storm as far as I can tell. Only gets edged out by Sharp Star + Biolab hat for FAS.

Thank god for that last sentence. I just got my Virgo Diadem for a pretty penny (with zenny because lol kachua) and I would feel like the description of PoeNervus if another new FAS gearset got overwritten AGAIN already, hahaha:

PN-bow.png

#54 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:40 PM

Main updates for this patch:

• If Ring of Venus really gives 0.7s FCT, then it's one of the best options by a landslide for the Bolt builds (70% FCT is still decent but you could also just get Sacrament or Dance with Wargs buffs). Still pretty good on the left slot for most builds, but maybe not 0.34% new OCP-price good.
  • Chaotic Ghostring is an interesting option, giving 25% small/large multiplier, but there aren't too many places with mostly small and large mobs.
  • Chaotic Acolyte is 4% ACD which is nice.

I also pruned a few options and the entire luxury section due to size constraints (all that info's still in the google doc) and threw together a quick Gale Storm section. It also recently passed the one year anniversary of this thread and I'm thinking I might take a break from updates soon until at least the next skill balance update.

#55 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 02:28 PM

Hey thanks for the guide, appreciate all the detail! Just curious though, why isn't Moonflower Bow recommended in say FAS build? I'm about to start a Ranger so want to keep an eye out on stuff I need still.

Edited by Quoc, 15 March 2024 - 02:28 PM.

#56 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 03:06 PM

Moonflower Bow actually ends up being worse than Awakened Royal Bow w/ 2x Polluted Wander Man (and Poenitentia Nervus and Sharp Star) due to the fairly lackluster effect and only 1 card slot. On top of that, it's generally way more expensive than an Awakened Royal Bow, making it pretty much strictly worse in the DPS category. (It is better against small mobs, but there aren't enough of those to really matter).

The only big thing going for Moonflower is the combo with Moon God Lapel, but that set bonus is only 10% ranged multiplier and 20% size multiplier. It's a bit of a hard sell considering the competition in that slot from Dreaming Red Sheep and Tyrant of Earth (outside of a Gale Storm build, of course).

The other thing Moonflower does have is the 50% boss damage reduction, which I will admit is a very alluring aspect especially with the 20% boss reduction from Wolf Officer Hat. The problem is I've only ever found that to be useful against one enemy (OGH Challenge Mode Phantom Amdarais) since most other things die too quickly, do too little damage, or do too much damage and kill you through the reduction anyway.

All in all it's got its place as a niche pick, but isn't really worth mentioning as a main recommendation for FAS. Because I was hitting post size limits, I opted to remove it from the forum post, but it's still listed in the google doc version

#57 jfelipe123

jfelipe123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:35 PM

Hello, thanks very much for you awesome guide. I would like to ask please, for Gale Storm build:
* Which garment do u think is better for mvp and amicita 2? +13 Kiel H (Non MVP) or +14 temporal Str Manteau? Consider I'm using Sniping Shoes and no more penetration source.
* Is a Fenrir card a good source for FCT or im missing a lot of damage from Purple Ferus?

Thanks in advance!

#58 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:07 PM

• The Kiel is probably much better (gives better size and atk% multipliers, and also gives attribute multiplier and POW and CON, both of which are really good for Gale Storm. I generally feel the value proposition from Temporal Manteaus is from the ACD enchant).
  • Purple Ferus isn't that much more damage, but Fenrir probably isn't all that convincing of a card here. Gale Storm is 0.5s FCT and Moon God Lapel already gives -0.2s FCT, so all you need is an MCT garment costume. That said, if you want to keep the garment costume open, Fenrir would bring the FCT down to 0.09s, which is probably fast enough for most cases, but I'd definitely suggest considering other FCT options first. Even replacing the Sniping Shoes with Temp Dex Boots or something wouldn't be that outrageous since Sniping Shoes aren't all that great for Gale Storm anyway.

#59 jfelipe123

jfelipe123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 04:18 AM

Thank you, man! I will go for temporal dex boots. I dont want to change my c. garment because i like the combo from Ranger stone (lower) and Ranger stone II (Garment) that gives 15% size multiplier. 

#60 jfelipe123

jfelipe123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:12 AM

https://youtu.be/vrfv9vUcStU

I was testing my accesories in the video, the same damage output with 3 different accesories, the Insignia should have won with the Celestial Bow enchant. It didn't. Any comment? Am i doing something wrong?

#61 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 12:06 PM

Ran some numbers with that equip setup on the calculator (making some rough guesses for shadows/costumes/stats) and it looks like that's correct. For you, Temporal Ring will probably be the best (Emerald Ring might even outperform those three). Note that Silver Claw, despite saying 10% ATK, is actually a 10% class multiplier and iRO is just notoriously bad about consistency in translations.

A quick explanation:

Attack multipliers work by calculating some base flat attack stat (a formula involving stats, weapon attack, and equipment attack), lets call this ATK.

For many multipliers (size, attribute, race, class) we do the calculation by multiplying ATK by all these multipliers.

ATK% is weird in that it doesn't get multiplied with the other multipliers, but instead gets multiplied on its own and added at the end

so if we have 10% of size, class, and ATK%, the resulting calculation is 110% * 110% * ATK + 10% * ATK = 121% ATK + 10% ATK = 131% ATK.

whereas 10% of size, class, and attribute will result in 110% * 110% * 110% * ATK = 133.1% ATK

The short answer at this point is just that ATK% is frequently going to be worse than getting an equal % in another multiplier, and will keep getting worse as your other multipliers get built up.

So for your current build, you have something like 55% class multiplier, 70% race multiplier, 181% size multiplier, and 14% ATK
  At base: 155% * 170% * 282% + 14% = 757%

With 20% ATK: 155% * 170% * 282% + 34% = 777%

With 10% class multiplier: 165% * 170% * 282% + 14% = 805%

(Temporal Ring makes calculations complicated because of the flat ATK and I'd probably need more specifics about your build to compute)

You'd actually need about +48% ATK from an accessory to match the 10% class multiplier from Silver Claw with this current build. It didn't actually occur to me that Insignia would become outclassed so quickly in this build but I guess the huge size multiplier from Moonflower Bow really magnifies things. I might move Insignias out of recommended and into niche/cheaper picks because of this, so thanks a lot for doing the test.

#62 jfelipe123

jfelipe123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 12:14 PM

Thanks very much for your illustration! Many things I hadn't noticed! Now I will Test Temporal Dex Bear Power with Insignia Str (Strong enchant), maybe that 25% size multiplier will do its job.

#63 kapitol1

kapitol1

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:04 PM

Question for the Ranger experts. I'm FASing https://www.divine-p...ter/20361/dolor. I'm lv 138, stat window show 54 crit, and I'm using Illusion Hunter Bow + Sparkling Stick. I should be at 134 crit (FAS 50 + Stat window 54 + Sparkling stick 30). These things are lower level than me and have 2 luk. I'm expecting to crit 100% of the time but I don't seem to be doing that. Is there an upper limit on crit chance?

image.png?ex=660b8023&is=65f90b23&hm=80d

Edited by kapitol1, 18 March 2024 - 07:04 PM.

#64 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:33 PM

Unfortunately, FAS only considers the crit in your stats window. Things like Sparkling Stick, Sharp Arrows, and cards like Dullahan Card don't end up counting. Additionally, the stat window crit is a bit of an overestimate (It increases by 1 for every 3 LUK, but the real value is actually 0.3 * LUK, so it's about 3-4 points higher than it actually is).

Also FAS's crit chance is a bit unclear. I think now it might be 50 + half of your crit chance, so closer to 75-ish for you currently. Some sources say it's just +50, some say it's +30, the iRO tooltip doesn't mention the innate 50, the kRO tooltip only mentions +50. I think I've tested this a bit and forgot, but so far 50 + half of your crit chance seems the most likely.

#65 kapitol1

kapitol1

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:58 PM

Unfortunately, FAS only considers the crit in your stats window. Things like Sparkling Stick, Sharp Arrows, and cards like Dullahan Card don't end up counting.

If this is true that is some terrible news since I bought a sparkling stick following the guide posted here. In the Illusion Hunter Bow description for FAS gear, it's mentioned "Really shines with a Sparkling Stick where it competes with or outclasses most other bows, giving +30 crit rate, 10% crit multiplier, and 35% FAS multiplier." If the sparkling stick crit indeed does not apply then +30 crit rate should be removed from the description in guide.

#66 kapitol1

kapitol1

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:16 PM

I did some testing in training grounds and it looks like Sparkling Stick doesn't apply its crit rate at all - even during auto attacks: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edit: And also filed a bug report.

Edited by kapitol1, 19 March 2024 - 07:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users