When did we start giving more and more tolerance to ill-mannered behavior? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

When did we start giving more and more tolerance to ill-mannered behavior?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Thinkpad2021

Thinkpad2021

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2023 - 09:37 PM

If suspected dupers sell ridiculous amount of items, would they not exposing themselves easily? Similarly, those suspected macro/bot users that plague the levelling areas, they risk themselves being banned. If GMs not doing their job, obviously we will complain even more and is really bad for the business.

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:31 AM

does iRO even do airstrikes nowadays?

#28 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:35 AM

It's not what you know but what you can prove. It's even this way in la court of law. Then you need to do it beyond a reasonable doubt. Not YOUR reasoning, but THEIRS. There is a difference between circumstantial evidence and hard evidence. People are overly emotional. People need to take step back and clear their head before moving forward. Sending screens do nothing. Complaining on forums is just... complaining on forums. you are just bringing awareness to others? Then what? If they have 10000 whatever on sale for a cheap price and I need it I am going to buy it anyways and so are others. This is such an unwinnable battle here.

Did you mean if someone has sold more "Great Hero's Bravery" than what the whole server can produce, all players should be silent?

We list the behaviors and ask for WP staff / normal players' attention. It's as simple as that.

You will still buy them, but I won't. A number of other players won't, either. You don't represent everyone.

#29 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 12 September 2023 - 01:13 PM

Really curious what would count as proof now. I doubt anyone even knows. I mean if a GM who has access to the database cannot find proof there's no way someone who is not the person himself can find proof.

People have shared screenshots of the vends, GM has said the source is suspicious, many people have raised tickets and reported, people have calculated the possibility of the quantity being true. Pray tell what could be done better.

Don't tell me you expect us to somehow hack his computer record his screen of him doing whatever -_- he's doing? It's not like most of us even know how this is happening.

Please tell me one thing we could do as another player to gather proof. If even after all this the issue is not resolved or even replied to properly; that's exactly what the forums were made for, give voice to unheard issues.

Now I'm genuinely curious. GMs and Vmods please share what counts as solid proof that can be gathered by a normal player but can't be found by an investigating GM and has more evident power than its source being sus.

#30 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 02:44 PM

Isn't it disgusting that the staffs and vmods asked players to provide solid "proof"? Isn't it WP's job to do deep investigation regarding the suspicious dupers reported by player tickets? It is very obvious that in the screenshot from OP, the GM says that character is suspicious and some duper supporters are still blind enough to ignore the clear facts.

If there is no mole in the GM team, please tell me why they ignore the disconnection issue for so long? The server log is that hard to extract and read? Is it really this difficult to fix? 

#31 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 05:49 PM

Isn't it disgusting that the staffs and vmods asked players to provide solid "proof"? Isn't it WP's job to do deep investigation regarding the suspicious dupers reported by player tickets? It is very obvious that in the screenshot from OP, the GM says that character is suspicious and some duper supporters are still blind enough to ignore the clear facts.

If there is no mole in the GM team, please tell me why they ignore the disconnection issue for so long? The server log is that hard to extract and read? Is it really this difficult to fix? 

Presenteeism is very real and it's very relevant in America. Why do the hard work when you get do very little work and get paid the same? 

#32 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:31 PM

What the hell happened to WP during my break? 

#33 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:45 PM

The last post from any staff member was Mayari back on December 28, 2020. So I guess that's a "no."

I know that using the ticket system is virtually worthless when it comes to submitting issues like these. But I honestly don't know why people are still using that thread. It's at 110 pages! And no response in years!

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 September 2023 - 06:58 PM

And people don’t want MVP cards in cash shop because competing for MVPs is very competitive … lol

#35 LovardoCircales9

LovardoCircales9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 07:44 PM

I've seen the duping process happen on my account but, it was a looting mechanism that creates the duplicate so, in theory you just drop the item loot it real fast.  The dupe was weird too I got two items from one loot.  Haven't tried it again and it was only on a jellopy or was it a round shell, I don't know can't remember.  There was an awesome bug too I experienced where, I used Charge Attack on a teleporting creamy and, pretty much flew 90% across a map, it auto-followed the thing and moved with great speed, looked like something out of DBZ, was pretty funny, probably not anything gravity meant to implement.  Most all bugs or glitches I encounter I just toss in the trash bin of the game, I don't sell them on the market or keep them.  Like the merry badger bug that gave free items for awhile, I just trashed it all.  But, Hey don't take my word for it find these things out on your own like I do, I rarely ever look at game guides or loot guides.

Edited by LovardoCircales9, 12 September 2023 - 07:46 PM.

#36 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 12 September 2023 - 07:48 PM

The last post from any staff member was Mayari back on December 28, 2020. So I guess that's a "no."

I know that using the ticket system is virtually worthless when it comes to submitting issues like these. But I honestly don't know why people are still using that thread. It's at 110 pages! And no response in years!

they charge big with stuff  based on chances but checking out how the players are doing is too big of a hassle for them

I dont even see any community event for a long while now, iirc the haiku contest was the last? which was done by like was it cm astra or mayari? lol

very appealing server to play in indeed 

#37 iriisss

iriisss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 08:00 PM

Apparently no. Even bots and AFK macros were reported through tickets they don't even get caught. I wouldn't even expect the GMs to log in game and catch any bots.

#38 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 09:52 PM

I see the same bots in NOGG2 everyday, its irritating.

#39 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 12 September 2023 - 10:28 PM

And people don’t want MVP cards in cash shop because competing for MVPs is very competitive … lol

Actually, no. I personally don't want MVP cards in the cash shop because I actually loathe the P2W theme. And as I've said before, cards are the only thing in this game that can't be bought in the cash shop yet. If cards are sold in the cash shop, the server is done for. I rather like RO and would prefer it remain open.

Cards aren't the only things that are botted. The gold sellers are botting anything and selling them to NPCs for zeny to sell to players. Players who use bot programs are mostly just leveling up. Yeah, there's some using them to MVP, but on lower-tier MVPs, I really don't see it. I don't have a character that can take out the strongest MVPs in 2.5 seconds yet, so I don't know about them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users