Issues and Quality of Life Watchlist after September 7th, 2023 Update - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Issues and Quality of Life Watchlist after September 7th, 2023 Update

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:05 AM

As an attempt to list issues/bugs and help the team and the community to keep watch and report back changes/fixes, as well as keep track of current problems, I'll try to list it, as well as community requests for quality of life (such as reset and 100% to +11 refine).

List of Issues/Bugs

1. Maps getting characters stuck;

2. Items stuck at RODEX;

3. Izlude Kafra Teleports has the text all mixed up. It doesnt warp to where it says and doesn't show how much zeny is being charged for it. You can select some 120z options that will warp you to some city.

• Seems like a typo. Instead of the name of some cities, there is "120Z" option that warps you. And it makes the order of cities all mixed up, so you don't know where you are warping.
  • Advised not to be used for now;

4. Sage/Scholars/Sorcerers/Elemental Masters cannot use the skill Land Protector/Magnetic Earth since the update;

5. Rebels cannot use the skill Fire Rain since the update;

6. Many gears, since effects are class based, are not working on 4th classes, just on their prior 3rd class. 4th jobs need to be considered as part of the base classes in those items' scripts. Here are some of those items:

1. Fafnir Helm;
  2. Rune Helm;
  3. Yoichi's Muffler;
  4. Fairy of Eden;
  5. Wild Poring Rider;

Quality of Life Issues

1. Removed safe refinement (100% chance) from +10 to +11 as a way to prevent gear/weapon to fall below +10;

• Community has been asking to reverse this, since many gears/equipments require refinement over +10 and chances to make it safely, since lootboxes items are very limited, have been decreased substantialy this way, as it will fall multiple times to +9 and lower before getting to +11 and above, making it extremelly expensive to reach the refinement required for optimal gear/cards/enchants improvements;

2. Reset skill/stat NPC not enabled after 4th classes release;

• With new skills, attributes and mechanics, resetting the old builds is much needed to adapt to 4th classes arrival. Some skills became obsolete, others much desired;

3. Gramps TI hasn't been updated in months;

• Gramps has been a famous and good route for leveling. Nevertheless, it hasn't been updated in months. Also, current monsters make it difficult for players to choose it as a leveling route, because Gargoyles at low TI are strong ranged mobs who would kill fast most players. Also, seeker at mid TI is a ranged strong mob that dispells, making it unsafe and dangerous. And Lichtern (blue) at high TI with strong water attacks such as waterball and cold bolt make it a hard place to level. Rotation would be great, since when melee mobs only are in TI, it gets a very nice route for most players to enjoy;

4. Server is no longer sending a global message informing the server is closing for maintenance 1h prior, 45min prior, 30 min prior and 15 prior;

• Would be nice to add again this global message so players can prepare and leave, even because players are being asked to logout and close afk vendors;

Fixes

1. Mado Mechanics can use blacksmith skills;

• While using madogear, mechanics can now cast Blacksmith/Whitesmith skills;

2. Smog Alert at Einbroch fixed;

• Once triggered, monsters spawn at map. When all are killed, smog alert ceases and NPCs hidden reapear;

3. Party Agency fixed;

• Requesting to join correctly sent to party leader (but if it warps the invite disapears - so send more than once);
  • Once the party leader disconnects or changes the party lead, the agency recruitment ceases;

4. Homunculus, which were stuck at lvl 1 without skills and with HP and SP bugged after the maintenance, were fixed;

5. Elena NPC at Terra Gloria Quest was not allowing 4th jobs at lvl 201+ to proceed with the questline, blocking the access to many episode quests --> fixex;

Please help me update and add unlisted issues/fixes/quality of life changes

Edit: added bugs;

Edited by Willtcg, 28 September 2023 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:22 AM

Thanks a bunch for starting this.

Heard but not confirmed:

Some job changes have been changed or have issues. AB text got changed I think and Sura might just be broken.

SCs can't cast Maelstrom?

Items that specifically target certain classes don't wortk with the 4th class equivalents

Self-confirmed:

4th classes can't complete 16.2 due to being too high level to fight Elena

Other things worth mentioning:

Prontera can be iffy if you have a pet out, try to use RODEX, or try to claim a daily login.

Izlude actually has 2 Kafras standing on top of each other. At the right camera angle you can see the other one. The teleports are okay, but each one takes up two slots (the second option says the price of the first town and will warp you to the second town which is the third option) 

#3 Kauam

Kauam

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:25 AM

The Biochemist's skill tree is missing a skill called "Cultive Plant"

#4 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:35 AM

Thanks a bunch for starting this.

Heard but not confirmed:

Some job changes have been changed or have issues. AB text got changed I think and Sura might just be broken.

SCs can't cast Maelstrom?

Items that specifically target certain classes don't wortk with the 4th class equivalents

Self-confirmed:

4th classes can't complete 16.2 due to being too high level to fight Elena

Other things worth mentioning:

Prontera can be iffy if you have a pet out, try to use RODEX, or try to claim a daily login.

Izlude actually has 2 Kafras standing on top of each other. At the right camera angle you can see the other one. The teleports are okay, but each one takes up two slots (the second option says the price of the first town and will warp you to the second town which is the third option) 

Thank you very much. I'll verify those to add to the list.

In iro-wiki it has been reported that the issue with Elena was fixed: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Terra_Gloria

Edit: fixed link

Edited by Willtcg, 28 September 2023 - 10:37 AM.

#5 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 11:08 AM

Refine certificates from Refining Certificate Envelope do not work https://www.divine-p...ficate-envelope

#6 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 11:17 AM

https://forums.warpp...his-compendium/
https://forums.warpp...nlisted-update/

linking the past 2 bug threads if anyone wants to check which ones still exist

#7 redmagnos

redmagnos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 11:35 AM

Two issues I've personally run into:

• Einbroch NPC Zelmeto always just teleports you outside next to factory overseer (at which point a smog alert is triggered) no matter what, so Factory Quest cannot start and Einbroch Murder Quest cannot proceed past the point where you'd need to talk to Zelmeto.
    • (If I understand correctly, the entire Smog Alert thing is a bug and it's not meant to be triggered by people just walking past that NPC the way it currently is.)
  • Veins Siblings quest needs manual help from GMs as the map where Little Curdie is located is inaccessible - trying to go there teleports you to a different version of the same map that doesn't have her in it.

#8 inuzen

inuzen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 12:44 PM

Characters/Players still getting instantly auto disconnected right after logging into them. (Still persisting for 4 weeks now.)

#9 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 01:38 PM

Two issues I've personally run into:

• Einbroch NPC Zelmeto always just teleports you outside next to factory overseer (at which point a smog alert is triggered) no matter what, so Factory Quest cannot start and Einbroch Murder Quest cannot proceed past the point where you'd need to talk to Zelmeto.
    • (If I understand correctly, the entire Smog Alert thing is a bug and it's not meant to be triggered by people just walking past that NPC the way it currently is.

Thanks for the feedback.

By the quest dialog, that is intentional. Zemeto will tell you a terrible accident happened in the factory and that polution is leaking, monsters started showing up and you need to find refuge. Then he sends you to where the smog alert is triggered by the owner of the factory. I looked up and it's been like this since 2014 at least. Seems an event similar to the burglar invasion in Lighthalrzen.

The bug of the quest was: the only way to stop smog alert was to kill the monsters who spawned in the map and they were not spawning. So we needed server to restart so fog alert was removed (during maintenance). But then seemed like a troll would again start it as soon as server was online, bugging all kafras and the train teleporter for the whole week.

#10 redmagnos

redmagnos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:27 PM

The bug of the quest was: the only way to stop smog alert was to kill the monsters who spawned in the map and they were not spawning. So we needed server to restart so fog alert was removed (during maintenance). But then seemed like a troll would again start it as soon as server was online, bugging all kafras and the train teleporter for the whole week.

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. If Zelmeto got forcefully stuck into that dialogue by the devs wouldn't that cause more smog alerts to happen rather than less? I'm not sure how that would fix anything. Plus, right now the Smog Alert does work and the mobs can be killed.

Also, does this mean that the Einbroch arc from Factory to Rebellion is entirely impossible to complete since 2014?

Edited by redmagnos, 28 September 2023 - 02:39 PM.

#11 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:29 PM

We can't use sphere absorb on enemies with our inquisitors either. :(

#12 Kedoxu

Kedoxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:33 PM

This is actually and intended and already documented change by kRO to remove the Cultivate Plant skill from the skill tree.

Edited by Kedoxu, 28 September 2023 - 02:33 PM.

#13 Kauam

Kauam

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 04:14 PM

This is actually and intended and already documented change by kRO to remove the Cultivate Plant skill from the skill tree.

I had no idea, thanks.

#14 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 05:53 PM

20590.png

still waiting to have this added to the costume enchant-able list

We can't use sphere absorb on enemies with our inquisitors either. :(

specifically (in case the devs are clueless), spirit sphere absorption doesn't remove spirit spheres from players even if you can cast on them since the update

the 10% chance to recover SP from monsters still works

power absorb is too clunky of an alternative in pvp/woe

please fix WP

Edited by ka10, 28 September 2023 - 05:58 PM.

#15 seventhmap

seventhmap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 09:36 PM

rebirth now charges you zeny if you are VIP which wasn't the case before the 4th class update.

#16 halfrican4111

halfrican4111

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 10:03 PM

Paracleus gloves for geneticist don't add health on biolo when used with bear enchanted temporal boots

#17 Rheinheart

Rheinheart

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 04:39 AM

PSA: Don't claim the daily login in Prontera if you want the items. Have a couple friends not receive the day 20 reward (wings) clicking it in Prontera.

#18 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 09:38 AM

My Bio's have this skill at "Misc" skill list and those that had it can still use it. I tested and it's summoning plants and mushrooms. But I guess it should have been removed :Emo_18:

#19 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 10:05 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand. If Zelmeto got forcefully stuck into that dialogue by the devs wouldn't that cause more smog alerts to happen rather than less? I'm not sure how that would fix anything. Plus, right now the Smog Alert does work and the mobs can be killed.

Also, does this mean that the Einbroch arc from Factory to Rebellion is entirely impossible to complete since 2014?

IIRC, when the NPC started triggering the Smog Alert and the monsters were not being spawned, the NPC was configured not to trigger Smog Alert at all for a long time as a "fix". So, after delivering the items to Zelmeto, that was the end of the quest. I dont know the precise dates. So the quest Arc would be possible to end, yes. You would just not trigger the Smog Alert. Now if you consider the Einbroch quest arc does need the experience of living the Smog Alert, then it couldnt be completed since the "fix", which I dont know precisely when happened. I myself believe it to be irrelevant, several NPCs mention the polution of the city and its problems. Also, the factory owner never cared about it.

After certain update months ago, I guess at the first quarter of this year, again Smog Alert started happening bugged, for no monsters spawned. After September 7th maintenance, instead of making the NPC not trigger the Smog Alert, they fixed the monster summoning, making this repeatable event triggerable again, but now it is possible to end it after killing the monsters. Unfortunatelly, there is no cooldown. So whenever someone who completed the quest moves near the NPC, it triggers again.

What I found reports of happening since 2014 is the event being triggered by walking near the factory owner. That is desired. In that case, ppl would say: kill all monsters in the city so Kafras show up again.

Guides state that, after enough players complete this optional Factory quest, Smog Alert would start happening whenever a character that completed the quest walked near it. So it seems a desired loop.

Also, yes, Smog Alerts are happening more frequently. Because ppl do trigger it, then someone goes there and kills all monsters on map, then event ends, but after sometime, someone triggers it again. If you leave an AFK character at Einbroch, it will probably be attacked by those agressive monsters.

#20 marvels2

marvels2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 02:14 PM

Maelstrom skill of Shadow Chaser since 17.2 episode patch are not working until now.

#21 PantherVFS

PantherVFS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 04:06 PM

Is anyone able to enchant garment costumes? I wasn't able to get two of mine recognized to start the process.

#22 DrowsyCate

DrowsyCate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationBrewing Jail

Posted 29 September 2023 - 04:42 PM

My Bio's have this skill at "Misc" skill list and those that had it can still use it. I tested and it's summoning plants and mushrooms. But I guess it should have been removed :Emo_18:

You can no longer assign points to it, but characters that had the skills prior will still be able to use it

#23 redmagnos

redmagnos

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 05:03 PM

IIRC, when the NPC started triggering the Smog Alert and the monsters were not being spawned, the NPC was configured not to trigger Smog Alert at all for a long time as a "fix". So, after delivering the items to Zelmeto, that was the end of the quest. I dont know the precise dates. So the quest Arc would be possible to end, yes. You would just not trigger the Smog Alert. Now if you consider the Einbroch quest arc does need the experience of living the Smog Alert, then it couldnt be completed since the "fix", which I dont know precisely when happened. I myself believe it to be irrelevant, several NPCs mention the polution of the city and its problems. Also, the factory owner never cared about it.

After certain update months ago, I guess at the first quarter of this year, again Smog Alert started happening bugged, for no monsters spawned. After September 7th maintenance, instead of making the NPC not trigger the Smog Alert, they fixed the monster summoning, making this repeatable event triggerable again, but now it is possible to end it after killing the monsters. Unfortunatelly, there is no cooldown. So whenever someone who completed the quest moves near the NPC, it triggers again.

What I found reports of happening since 2014 is the event being triggered by walking near the factory owner. That is desired. In that case, ppl would say: kill all monsters in the city so Kafras show up again.

Guides state that, after enough players complete this optional Factory quest, Smog Alert would start happening whenever a character that completed the quest walked near it. So it seems a desired loop.

Also, yes, Smog Alerts are happening more frequently. Because ppl do trigger it, then someone goes there and kills all monsters on map, then event ends, but after sometime, someone triggers it again. If you leave an AFK character at Einbroch, it will probably be attacked by those agressive monsters.

Oh, sure, but that's not the bug I was reporting. The bug I was reporting is that it's impossible to do the Einbroch Murder Quest because that quest requires talking to Zelmeto, but whenever you talk to Zelmeto he always teleports you outside and triggers the alert. So the Murder Quest can't progress because he never offers me the Murder Quest dialogue. And this all happens even though I never did the Factory Quest at all. In fact it is impossible to do the Factory Quest because of this bug.

Edited by redmagnos, 29 September 2023 - 05:04 PM.

#24 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 04:08 PM

"Invisible Quest Placeholder" I keep getting these in my quest log instead of quests with detail in it. Was this part of the update or broken and working as intended?

#25 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 03 October 2023 - 07:48 PM

"Invisible Quest Placeholder" I keep getting these in my quest log instead of quests with detail in it. Was this part of the update or broken and working as intended?

some quests have missing description unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users