Exp event.. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Exp event..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

I'm still getting 35% an hour at 148. With regular manuals. It's just that certain classes can mob faster than others.

#27 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

I liked EXP events over TI events any day...
TI event's are boring... I have no idea how you can say that mobbing stuff to one spot and then only one person killing it is fun...
I hate those events personally cause I play a RK, and they always see us as the meatshields who have to mob and get only like 40% of the real exp, since you're always out there mobbing for the killers to level faster...

That is not a fun party at all...
I'd prefer x3 mobs in a dungeon and double exp.. that is a better party option than those lame TI events...

#28 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

It's fun because you get to sit on vent with a party and its laid back and still fast. This is opposed to when its 2x exp/3x spawn and you go all out spamming kafra-_- and telespam nonstop to pull the best rates. Even if its faster it gets really tedious after a while and is not nearly much fun for me.

#29 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

TI Kill counts and the like, especially with titans only really benefit the AoE killers. Since the party is hardly ever even share the killers get most of the exp and everyone else had to settle for however much a turn in was worth. The amount of pots don't really equate the exp gained IMO

I'd have to take Exp > Turn in.

#30 Gratgo

Gratgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

How about a x2 exp + increased spawn + TI event at the same time? : D

Edited by Gratgo, 09 February 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#31 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

I think for the next TI event we will take out the exp the monster gives and just put it in quest form.

Just to see if it works out well for the community.

#32 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Just give everyone 150 heim, you pretty much are already with all these events. Make it a kafra mall item so you make money too

#33 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

I think for the next TI event we will take out the exp the monster gives and just put it in quest form.

Just to see if it works out well for the community.

Can you guys stop doing Abyss and give Bio2 and Bio3 some attention? :S

Although if you guys triple spawn it, it'd be preferred if the Sinx on level 2 wasn't tripled and the Ghosts in bio3 weren't tripled (especially the latter). It would be good exp + an actual challenge to make leveling less brain dead.

Of course, bio3 would only be good exp if there was a TI for it. All LKs or something would be cool.

Edited by Sapphic, 09 February 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#34 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

I don't know how people find exp events 'fun'. Basically an exp event is: "do everything you do exactly like everyday you do, but hey, now only for half the time!"... that isn't my idea of fun, but I guess some people find it fun to not be forced to grind on the same monsters more time xP

And generally, I don't find it true the "no need to sqeeze in one map with many other players". Are there really that many options for higher levels? I found that my leveling map was a bit more crowded than usual instead ^^;

Well for me, fun = I am happy and satisfied
Being KS by cart cannon or lightening ride just makes me feel bad the whole day no matter how good the exp is,
which is equivalent to "no fun"

I don't really know about the higher tier map...and not many ppl grinding on the map I am playing.
Maybe Gravity should have more higher tier map...hope they came in next patch -_-

#35 MetalBearSolid

MetalBearSolid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

TI Kill counts and the like, especially with titans only really benefit the AoE killers. Since the party is hardly ever even share the killers get most of the exp and everyone else had to settle for however much a turn in was worth. The amount of pots don't really equate the exp gained IMO

I'd have to take Exp > Turn in.

Well my GX did pretty well on Titans event i could kill em with 1 CI and get a Bonus for killing titans which is good, but exp event are like "meh" to me its like normal lvling nothing diferent no spawn increased or anything

Hope they put lot of TI NPC's like dragon event it was pretty good for low-mid-high chars

#36 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

I'm really happy that an across the board 200% EXP event has been run. Everybody gets the same EXP boost no matter what character you play, what level, solo or party.
Its by far the most fair way of running an EXP event.

If only the very broken classes could be fixed to match others in mob killing... a decent Rune Knight/ Guillotine cross AoE skill for example really wouldn't go amiss?

#37 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

Can you guys stop doing Abyss and give Bio2 and Bio3 some attention? :S

Although if you guys triple spawn it, it'd be preferred if the Sinx on level 2 wasn't tripled and the Ghosts in bio3 weren't tripled (especially the latter). It would be good exp + an actual challenge to make leveling less brain dead.

Of course, bio3 would only be good exp if there was a TI for it. All LKs or something would be cool.

i think the majority of people wouldnt even be able to handle the monsters in bio 3 because of the lvl difference, and the majority of that majority wouldnt even know how to handle them that are in range

#38 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

I'm really happy that an across the board 200% EXP event has been run. Everybody gets the same EXP boost no matter what character you play, what level, solo or party.
Its by far the most fair way of running an EXP event.

If only the very broken classes could be fixed to match others in mob killing... a decent Rune Knight/ Guillotine cross AoE skill for example really wouldn't go amiss?

well we already have dragon breath and ignition break, wich if used good, you can outmob a cart cannon or Lighning ride (just take a look of DB in rachel sanct or NI2)

#39 Blackise1122

Blackise1122

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

x3 spawn and turn ins in magma
200% EXP
please and thank you

#40 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

i think the majority of people wouldnt even be able to handle the monsters in bio 3 because of the lvl difference, and the majority of that majority wouldnt even know how to handle them that are in range

I would hope all these events would get the majority to at least 125+ to do bio2 or 140+ to do bio3.

A lot of people complain about how mindlessly boring / easy leveling is. This will be something to try out, maybe with no death penalty? Plus, you actually need the support classes in bio3.

#41 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

1000% on payon dungeon 1. Let's do an awesome event bringing back our first steps on RO xD

#42 WMDs

WMDs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

The most fun in a long time were the prerenewal turn ins, because people worked togheter, and it was indeed an event where we did something different for a change. The rewards were nice too, but the main point was that we didn't just do the same mindless grinding everyday as always, but something different you could do with friends.

:3

WHEN A KAD ATTACKS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Honestly i wish we had TI events on maps again I loved traveling on maps.screenValkyrie008-2.jpg

#44 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

is this your new hobby ayin

#45 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo

Of Course not i just  miss the old maps type of events

#46 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

Please start a new topic if you wish to bring that to CMs attention instead of bumping a thread from 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users