Any Future plans for the rest of the players to get higher than +4 KVM wepons? - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Any Future plans for the rest of the players to get higher than +4 KVM wepons?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

Is there going to be another event in the future that will allow us to get multiple KVM badges in a easy way so we can atleast try to get like 20 of them to upgrade to a +6?

If not, does this mean those who were able to grab a KVM weapon and spent enough $$ to upgrade them to +9 and even to +10, now have pretty much the most destructive PVP weapon attainable in game and rest of us are left to watch in awe?

#2 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Is there going to be another event in the future that will allow us to get multiple KVM badges in a easy way so we can atleast try to get like 20 of them to upgrade to a +6?

If not, does this mean those who were able to grab a KVM weapon and spent enough $$ to upgrade them to +9 and even to +10, now have pretty much the most destructive PVP weapon attainable in game and rest of us are left to watch in awe?

OR, we all try to bring KVM back to life :Emo_14:
And farm them... Like it's meant to be :pif:

#3 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

I don't see that happening, even if it does, how many *note "2000" badge weapons would you break trying to get it to a +6 nevermind a +9

#4 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

I also would like to ask if anyone happen to know... how many +9 or higher KVM weapons were actually in-game before this mass HD release? I'm guessing it was as rare as a mvp card.

#5 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Maybe even more rare than that in some cases...

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

What's sad is that there are people trying to farm KVM, at least on Ymir. And no one shows up.

I don't really think anyone should act as if they're entitled to the weapons when they can't even make an effort to set up some times to farm it.

#7 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

What's sad is that there are people trying to farm KVM, at least on Ymir. And no one shows up.

I don't really think anyone should act as if they're entitled to the weapons when they can't even make an effort to set up some times to farm it.

I love how every topic posted needs to be commented negatively by trolls who live on wp forums....

Youre missing the point here, its not about how many we can farm, its about how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get a +9 KVM as it was intentionally suppost to be as rare or even rarer than MVP cards.

but with few weeks of events, load of people are stocked up with multiple +9 KVM's in some cases, which pretty much gave them the most destructive/powerful weapon they would ever need.

youre saying theres nothing wrong here?

#8 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

simply put, lets say there are daily KVM matches maybe not all day but few good rounds a day.... how many days to farm a KVM weapon? then calculate how many of those lvl 4 weapons youll need to break have any rational chance of getting a +9 upgrade on one.... seriously it was ment to be almost impossible, or years of work and hours of investment.

and dont compare it to other over-upgraded items because theyre all tradeable and attainable by spending zeny.

but in the case of KVM items, if you missed the chance to get a +9 KVM during HD event and there are no plans for its effect to return to a +4 or higher, its probably a good bet that there wont be anyone who would even try attempting it for the next year and a half at the least.

Edited by Hallows, 12 February 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#9 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Of course it's wrong. Gravity did it. I see two options for them : Bring back HD ores + easy KVM badges at a regular interval (very game breaking, but at this point, the damage has been done). Or do nothing and players keep complaining.

You haven't seen the end of stupid lose-lose decisions made by Gravity.

#10 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

taking the HD ores away did as much damage to the game as it did when they implemented it. so it was like being pummeled twice...

once they put the HD's in, the damage was already done... prices dropped on over-ups once they put HD's in, but prices never really went back up once they left.

Edited by Hallows, 12 February 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#11 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

simply put, lets say there are daily KVM matches maybe not all day but few good rounds a day.... how many days to farm a KVM weapon? then calculate how many of those lvl 4 weapons youll need to break have any rational chance of getting a +9 upgrade on one.... seriously it was ment to be almost impossible, or years of work and hours of investment.

and dont compare it to other over-upgraded items because theyre all tradeable and attainable by spending zeny.

but in the case of KVM items, if you missed the chance to get a +9 KVM during HD event and there are no plans for its effect to return to a +4 or higher, its probably a good bet that there wont be anyone who would even try attempting it for the next year and a half at the least.

i got my +9... dont know what all the bitchin' is about...

#12 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

i got my +9... dont know what all the bitchin' is about...

thats why im guessing.

#13 Lestat

Lestat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

I love how every topic posted needs to be commented negatively by trolls who live on wp forums....

Youre missing the point here, its not about how many we can farm, its about how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get a +9 KVM as it was intentionally suppost to be as rare or even rarer than MVP cards.

but with few weeks of events, load of people are stocked up with multiple +9 KVM's in some cases, which pretty much gave them the most destructive/powerful weapon they would ever need.

youre saying theres nothing wrong here?

All it means is that those who spend more $$$ get to reap the benefits. While those who did not spend $$$ Get screwed that is the way this game has been for quite some time now.

So what you didn't spend more money to get the benefits. Your screwed go farm a weapon no matter how long it takes. All you want is to get compensation for what you think you SHOULD have just because others have it. All the HD ores did was screw and already unbalanced game even further.

The fact that multiple people have them is i will say :pif: up. An item that is highly unobtainable unless you are devoted to KVM for id say a few months of straight play day after day with barely any break for just ONE let alone the fact that to get a +9 even with HD ores you would need quite a few with the revised effect. Those who have it have a massive advantage against those who dont.

So yea i see something wrong here the same thing that has been wrong those who spend more $$$ get more benefits but that's life :Emo_14: happens

#14 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

All it means is that those who spend more $$$ get to reap the benefits. While those who did not spend $$$ Get screwed that is the way this game has been for quite some time now.

So what you didn't spend more money to get the benefits. Your screwed go farm a weapon no matter how long it takes. All you want is to get compensation for what you think you SHOULD have just because others have it. All the HD ores did was screw and already unbalanced game even further.

The fact that multiple people have them is i will say :) up. An item that is highly unobtainable unless you are devoted to KVM for id say a few months of straight play day after day with barely any break for just ONE let alone the fact that to get a +9 even with HD ores you would need quite a few with the revised effect. Those who have it have a massive advantage against those who dont.

So yea i see something wrong here the same thing that has been wrong those who spend more $$$ get more benefits but that's life :Emo_14: happens

Rather than going :pif: happens, why not try and do something about it?

usually makes a big difference in real life, should try it out.

#15 Lestat

Lestat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

So your answer is to-_- to the gms for compensation oh yea thats a good idea dont try to solve your problems by working for them just because somone else spent cash to get them you want to have the easy way out too lazy -_-er

#16 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

I'd really like another chance to try to successfully get a +9 KVM item (particularly a glorious spear). I had no money during the HD event or last box event... My work schedule revolves around when school is in session which put these at a bad time for me. Plus I never had the time or patience to farm KVM when that was still a possibility.

#17 Hallows

Hallows

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

So your answer is to-_- to the gms for compensation oh yea thats a good idea dont try to solve your problems by working for them just because somone else spent cash to get them you want to have the easy way out too lazy -_-er

complaining & asking for compensation is what paying customers DO when the store -_-s up. This is also called a "customer feedback/opinion" and most bussinesses appreciate them.

and are you seriously saying that im "too lazy" because I decided it seems nearly impossible to farm enough KVM weapons to upgrade them to +9s without HD's? its not like an MVP drop where you get a chance to farm one every set hours, it could take months for one KVM weapon at the current rates.

stop trying to make dumb arguments/comments without any solution/suggestions to the problem itself.

Edited by Hallows, 12 February 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#18 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

+20 gears will become obtainable as some point

#19 Lestat

Lestat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

its supposed to take months for a KVM weapon. yes the Gms messed up with the kvm+HD ores.But asking for more so everyone else can get them is just more complaining and bitching why not take your own advice and go get some people and try to get KVM going and if not im sure their will be KVM badges in boxes again.

you could have taken advantage of the box farming Christmas event? did that ever occur to you? A little less work on getting KVm badges there.

So yes im saying your lazy :Emo_14:

#20 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

I'd rather seeing all of the HD upgrades past +7 reverted, or at least never happen again.

Yes, 'the damage is already done', but giving more poison to a poisoned person doesn't heal them, just kills them faster.

I do hope we can see a balanced improve on upgrades for regular items (for example, making it easier for regular gear to reach +10 range and higher), but limiting the easy upgrading for the strong items with effects that base on upgrading. Or change those effects to the new rare upgrade levels.

Edited by Kadnya, 12 February 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#21 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

Our instance runs for KVM are going on every day and we usually have more people show up than expected. As far as KVM badges, they will rotate back into boxe like they always do and no one needs to worry about the ridiculous vend prices.

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

+20 gears will become obtainable as some point

this. kvm is fotm just like battlegrounds gear was at one point. its going to be superceeded by something else eventually, and when we are able to feasibly upgrade past +10 people will look back and laugh.

In RO, people dont just want to reach 'end game' status. They want to reach the end game OF the end game i.e. they want their char to be as powerful *now* as it will be after the next 20 episodes worth of content, and they dont want to wait.

Just look at people complaining about not being able to get +20.... YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO YET! Its called keeping the game open for future content/updates.

#23 ShadowOfLoki

ShadowOfLoki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Ymir (missing Loki)

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

*yawn* Sounds pointless to me, so nope. I'll be the bigger person and be happy with what I have. XP

#24 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

I do hope they allow another event to +9 kvm weapons or else the playing field won't be fair to all those who missed the HD ores event.

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

Thing is, you don't need +9 to compete or level. Stop complaining about a luxury items that are pretty much still best in slot for demi humans in most cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users