Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

nah. can't access that random ftp site. the error says: 'the folder ftp://apache.mirror.iweb.ca/ is read-only because the proxy server is not set up to allow full access. to move, paste, rename, or delete files, you must use a different proxy.'

hmm... so if i can fix IE, then hopefully i will be able to patch valkyrie...

Why is your IE configured to use a proxy at all? It seems that other browsers are fine without it. Go into internet options in IE, find where the proxy configuration is set (it's different on every version of IE), and tell it not to use a proxy.

#27 XingHa

XingHa

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Sorry for a very noob question. Do i have to create a folder named "???" (dont know wats the name supposedly pls tell me) and move the files from the directory link with the patch when moving the patch files to RO?

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Sorry for a very noob question. Do i have to create a folder named "???" (dont know wats the name supposedly pls tell me) and move the files from the directory link with the patch when moving the patch files to RO?

No. Where are you getting that "???" from?

If you're manually patching, the files go into the RO folder (wherever you installed RO to), the same folder with all the RO files (not the start menu folder with the shortcuts, the place where RO is actually installed to).

Put a copy of them in there, not your only copy of them, because if the patcher chokes on a later file, it will delete all the ones it successfully patched, andnot remember that it used them successfully, so it will expect to have them there next time or it will need to dl them again.

#29 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Try Internet options->connections tab->lans Setting) and then check the "Automatically detect settings" in the
window of ur IE

Edited by Dukeares, 19 February 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#30 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationsouth east asia

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

Why is your IE configured to use a proxy at all? It seems that other browsers are fine without it. Go into internet options in IE, find where the proxy configuration is set (it's different on every version of IE), and tell it not to use a proxy.

i followed this one:

Try Internet options->connections tab->lans Setting) and then check the "Automatically detect settings" in the
window of ur IE.

...and guess what, i can access ftp://apache.mirror.iweb.ca/ but not ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/. i checked 'automatically detect settings', and 'proxy server' is unchecked. still having this error: Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf!!

#31 XingHa

XingHa

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:26 AM

Okay then after i put the files i downloaded from a directory folder named Ygg, the game patches again and now gets another error "failed to get 2010-11-18data_gm_v.gpf file". Well, i guess i just have to look which directory to look for these files, right? The same what I did to the previous "failed to get error".

#32 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

Okay then after i put the files i downloaded from a directory folder named Ygg, the game patches again and now gets another error "failed to get 2010-11-18data_gm_v.gpf file". Well, i guess i just have to look which directory to look for these files, right? The same what I did to the previous "failed to get error".

does my name sounds like a male to you? anyway, how did you get your client to patch? i already downloaded a file from that ygg and copied it to my RO directory but still nothing... mine was not really patching even one patch, it just keeps on telling me the Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf error and im so pissed off :Emo_12:

Edited by o0mich0o, 20 February 2011 - 02:47 AM.

#33 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

i followed this one:

...and guess what, i can access ftp://apache.mirror.iweb.ca/ but not ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/. i checked 'automatically detect settings', and 'proxy server' is unchecked. still having this error: Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf!!

mmmm that strange...Do you have any Internet Security install in your computer? try uninstall it and retry "Automatically detect settings" again after you reboot ur computer

Quick question
what version of IE are yer using??

Did yer close ur client when patching?.If your open yer's RO .you can't patch it.

Edited by Dukeares, 20 February 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#34 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

mmmm that strange...Do you have any Internet Security install in your computer? try uninstall it and retry "Automatically detect settings" again after you reboot ur computer

Quick question
what version of IE are yer using??

Did yer close ur client when patching?.If your open yer's RO .you can't patch it.

internet security...? sorry im a bit of a noob... i have avast antivirus installed in my pc. is it anyway connected or not... it's v6.0 =P i rarely use IE...

edit: i installed v8.0 now... i can now also access ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/ from my IE and it's still the exact the same errorrrr grr...

Edited by o0mich0o, 20 February 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#35 XingHa

XingHa

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

I havent done any. I didn't configure my browser nor my laptop. Our laptop is a NEO (assembled) and it doesnt have a nice video card (3 opened Flash Player games causing lag already). I just normally downloaded the full client via bittorrent (as what the site suggested), install it normally (i didnt change nothing, all files go to drive c), and i got the same error as you were when im patching so thats why im here to remedy the problem. I read the whole thread and it says download and manual patch it so thats why i did, i downloaded all file from "/ygg" directory, and copy+paste them on my RO folder, start the game and oh its patching again, and after some little progress/move on patching, i got another "failed to get" error. Then, i just downloaded the file from "/patch" directory (the 2nd folder, /ygg is the 4th, 3rd doesnt contain any, the 1st have 1 file that the same as the one among the file in /patch). After i downloaded them 1 by 1 (the files as i dont know how to download them simultaneously or theres no such), i copy+paste them to my RO folder. Same what i did to the previous one. I downloaded them via Mozilla Firefox and my IE says the same as yours but i never bother configuring Internet Options. Im from Phillipines. My internet connection is slow-to-average. I run the normal Ragnarok.exe and it says patch process completed (after i downloaded the files i mentioned above and then copy+paste them, it never patched to get any files again). But i got a patching error on Valkyrie.exe, saying "failed to get 2010-10-14data_gm.gpf file". I already have it from "/ygg" directory. It only mean 2 things: (a) the file "2010-10-14data_gm.gpf" got broken (corrupted) during its download like what happened when i am downloading a .rar file; or (:Emo_12: or the patcher itself and internet connection interference. My option for fixing are these follows (for my last case): (1) copy+paste again the file its looking (since i have it already); (2) repatching; (3) re-download that file coz it might be broken. Well, you know what happened? I just repatched and boom it says patch process compelted for my Valkyrie.exe.

#36 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

start the game and oh its patching again,

do you mean your client was really patching when you installed it for the first time? because the moment i installed it in my pc (install, uninstall, and reinstall over and over again), it was not patching at all. it says 'attempt to connect to file server', then after a few seconds (not patching even one), it says 'Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf'.

from my OS windows xp, these are the solutions i have tried so far:

1) installed and uninstalled, and reinstalled it somewhere outside program files. even tried in my drive e.
2) ran the client as admin.
3) downloaded the file '2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf' from ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/patch/ and ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/ and copypasted in the RO folder.
4) inserting 1free1 at the shortcut.
5) turned off antivirus and firewall.
6) upgraded internet explorer to version 8.
7) checked 'automatically detect settings'.
8) to access ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/patch/ i have to uncheck 'use passive ftp' from the internet options advanced tab.
9) filed a ticket at tech support lol

did i missed something? too bad none of these worked.

Edited by o0mich0o, 21 February 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#37 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

I just finish installing a new Ro client and from what i can see Valkyrie.exe is the only way to get ur client patch up and running smoothly...

It also seen that "Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf" occur when i was trying to patch the RO client to my new Netbook using:
1. Ragnarok.exe
2. Ragnarok Renewal.exe

#38 XingHa

XingHa

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

Like i said, i run the .exe coz i know theres a patching after installation. I run Ragnarok.exe and let it patch by itself. I didn't do any. I just wait until there's a "failed to get..." error. So that means the patching failed for me. And so thats why i downloaded the patch and do it manually.

#39 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

whoa! something's wrong with iRO! i decided to try installing the philippine ragnarok client and see if it patches... and so, this is what i saw:

Posted Image

at the right side is my iRO client which still gives the same stupid error: Failed to get 2010-10-19ydata_gm.gpf. pRO is patching and now i've completed the patch, i can play it and run smoothly. but still, i dont want to play here. i want iRO community. i wonder what is really wrong with iRO that prevents my pc from patching and playing it.

Edited by o0mich0o, 23 February 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#40 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

We would need you to write in to customer support and tell us your specific IP so we can check. The fact that the patch notice opens up leads me to guess you aren't IP blocked (else it would be blank).

support.warpportal.com

If you have 2 game clients installed I would usually look towards that being the problem. Make sure the iRO is installed in a seperate folder entirely, and you are running the exe from inside the folder rather than from the desktop shortcuts.

#41 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

If you have 2 game clients installed I would usually look towards that being the problem. Make sure the iRO is installed in a seperate folder entirely, and you are running the exe from inside the folder rather than from the desktop shortcuts.

wut...? i wouldn't have installed 2 game clients. the iRO client is my problem in the first place. i tried so many solutions to make it work that i was so desperate to install another ragnarok client to try if it will patch. and so i did. anyway, i am running iRO inside the folder i've installed. i installed them in different folders.

We would need you to write in to customer support and tell us your specific IP so we can check. The fact that the patch notice opens up leads me to guess you aren't IP blocked (else it would be blank).

support.warpportal.com

i already filed two tickets but then they keep on sending me website-based solutions which obviously i've already read (i wouldn't file a ticket anyway if your knowledge database already solved my problem). i've already included all my pc's specifications with those tickets. anyway, should i file another ticket with my pc's IP? i will then include my previous tickets. thanks in advance.

#42 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

OP appears to be only blocked from ftp... which does imply that there isn't an IP block (i would assume all the gravity servers would work from the same list for the IP block)

Note that Patch2.txt and the patch notice are downloaded via http, while the patches are downloaded via ftp.

#43 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

OP appears to be only blocked from ftp... which does imply that there isn't an IP block (i would assume all the gravity servers would work from the same list for the IP block)

Note that Patch2.txt and the patch notice are downloaded via http, while the patches are downloaded via ftp.

if i can access the ftp from my IE, then what seems to be the problem... why is it not patching!

#44 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

So you've got IE accessing the patch server now?

I think at this point, we're looking at a situation where the error messages are insufficient to explain wtf is actually happening to cause the failure. I'm sure it would make sense if we monitored it with some network debugging tool like wireshark, and we'd be able to see what the server was telling the client (if the client was even able to contact the server), but tools like that are difficult to work with on the best of days.

#45 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

So you've got IE accessing the patch server now?

I think at this point, we're looking at a situation where the error messages are insufficient to explain wtf is actually happening to cause the failure. I'm sure it would make sense if we monitored it with some network debugging tool like wireshark, and we'd be able to see what the server was telling the client (if the client was even able to contact the server), but tools like that are difficult to work with on the best of days.

now this is getting more and more complicated :angry:

#46 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

It could be ur current internet config are mess up... but then again.. i may be wrong since ur able to patch ur philippine ragnarok client.

k here 1 suggestion...Since new user account for window are always in default configure.. Try make a new window user account ...and use Valkyrie.exe to patch..

#47 o0mich0o

o0mich0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

It could be ur current internet config are mess up... but then again.. i may be wrong since ur able to patch ur philippine ragnarok client.

k here 1 suggestion...Since new user account for window are always in default configure.. Try make a new window user account ...and use Valkyrie.exe to patch..

negative. i already created 2 limited users and another 1 admin but still... won't patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users