If you have the money for it BUY IT. It will make grinding SO much easier. As each card makes your Cold bolt stronger by 25% and your casting time faster by 25% making it a total of 50% if you have two.
This guide will choose mobs that you will generally 1 shot, as 2 shots is usually annoying.
Also, you WILL want to do the Eden Item Quests. As the Eden Staff is quite good and outmatches the other NPC staffs by a lot.
This will be spent in the training grounds. Grab the quests from the job NPCs. It's advisable that you grab the Thief skill from the Thief NPC for the Double Attack.
Peco-Peco's and Mukas.
You should usually finish your Peco-peco quest first, so if you only need Mukas left head to this map:
It's the south west of the Peco map.
DON'T FORGET! Save near the Eden Quest NPC in Prontera. And grab the Peco-peco and Muka quests. Each time you submit those two should merit you a level.
You will generally one shot these. The reason why I want you to do this till 40 is because of the next monster you'll want to go and kill.
Bring fly wings to avoid the Choco.
The Horns can sense casting, so it's up to you.
Note: I had 2 Siroma clips so I can generally cast fast enough to kill them before they got to me.
I know the mobs are level 55, but if you know of another place as easy as this be my guest. But the next leveling spot is boon to all Sages. Especially bolters.
Greatest General: http://rode-r.doddle...nster/view/1277
You can 1 shot the Beetle Kings here too.
Don't bother with the Savages, they have cast sensing and are not worth the exp.
Again if you have 2 Siroma clips. You'll be job 50 in a couple of hours.
Grand Peco-peco: http://rode-r.doddle...nster/view/1369
You can kill the Geographers too, but your priority are the Grand Pecos.
Don't bother with the Goats yet until you reach level 70. As they're 85 and won't give you much Exp.
You'll love this map. And you'll find yourself bolting like it's the end of the world. Basically 1 shotting everything.
That's it for now, I'm writing this based off of how and where I leveled. So I can guarantee you it will be a breeze.
So far my Sage is only level 88 and I'm trying to find another leveling spot that's Bolter-friendly.
If you've reached 88 however you can try Desert Wolves: http://rode-r.doddle...nster/view/1106
You can ride the airship in Izlude to Rachel then head North about 4 times from the map you spawn in.
or if you get tired of Grand Pecos at 80 you can try Stapos: http://rode-r.doddle...nster/view/1784
Avoid the Droseras at early as they're level 101. Also, you'll have to walk from Rachel unless someone can warp you to the Magmaring map, which would be a closer walk.
That's it for now. I hope this guide will be of help to someone. =)
Edited by xMayhem, 21 February 2011 - 05:06 PM.