Warlock´s White Imprison - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Warlock´s White Imprison

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#51 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

Well... TV cast time depends on how good can you play with your DEX & %Cast time reduction... in my case, my TV is 1.6 seconds cast time... so it varies depending on the Warlock...

WI is not OP at all... it takes a while to actually pull that off plus the chances decrease on players with high STR... then again, the range depends mostly on "Radius" level...

Warlocks are pretty good at 1 vs 1 battles unless the enemy has a GTB on... but that's not a reason why you have to complain about WI when clearly Sorcerers have better "disable" skills...

Heck... I wonder how are you gonna react when Comet/TV book come out... and Warlocks will be spamming Comet/TV like there's no tomorrow... even nowdays with CL book is rather easy to deal 15k~20k damage per hit...

The QQing will came after the Comet books, when comet will deal the same damage to all players affected if there is another warlock near. When 1 warlock is releasing one comet the other one is reading the book... :)

#52 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

Well... TV cast time depends on how good can you play with your DEX & %Cast time reduction... in my case, my TV is 1.6 seconds cast time... so it varies depending on the Warlock...

Woah, I'd like to see the kind of setup for that cast time. o.o; Still long enough cast time for a competent Sorcerer in a 1v1 situation to take care of though.

#53 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Woah, I'd like to see the kind of setup for that cast time. o.o; Still long enough cast time for a competent Sorcerer in a 1v1 situation to take care of though.

Yah... difference is that in a 1 on 1 battle, Sorcerer would be dead before he enters on screen (Radius 3) thanks to TV (+200k damage in PvP) and 84% cast time reduction (total)

But deff, the problem would be AFTER we get TV/Comet book... as of it is right now, in PvP you need GTB to keep yourself alive... and most of ppl who kill Warlock's on WoE have GTB on so they won't die before they get too close (Ymir)

Anyway, WI is one of our 2 defensive skills so why trying to Nerf it? it doesn't kill you by itself just immobilize you... you can always flywing if you want or relog...

#54 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Yah... difference is that in a 1 on 1 battle, Sorcerer would be dead before he enters on screen (Radius 3) thanks to TV (+200k damage in PvP) and 84% cast time reduction (total)

But deff, the problem would be AFTER we get TV/Comet book... as of it is right now, in PvP you need GTB to keep yourself alive... and most of ppl who kill Warlock's on WoE have GTB on so they won't die before they get too close (Ymir)

Anyway, WI is one of our 2 defensive skills so why trying to Nerf it? it doesn't kill you by itself just immobilize you... you can always flywing if you want or relog...

you cant bwing when you are imprisoned, you can alt f4, get stat recoved or recall yourself with a married char out of imprison, well there are other ways actually

Edited by Andini, 27 May 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#55 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

you cant bwing when you are imprisoned, you can alt f4, get stat recoved or recall yourself with a married char out of imprison, well there are other ways actually

The bwing part is a real bummer. You want to "screw u guys, I'm going home, err save point", but they take no prisoners?:wink:

#56 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

The bwing part is a real bummer. You want to "screw u guys, I'm going home, err save point", but they take no prisoners?:wink:

You can't use items, but you do can relog anyways that mean you lose/dead witouth even the chance of defend yourself considering they can just use gravitational field.
No wonder what class do you are, Warlocks cant lose with WI & Gravitational field, if someone say that is not true, is a lie, facts in game, go pvp use a warlock and try by yourself.

#57 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

there are other ways around it which i wont mention that doesnt require mvp cards, but easiest way is to just recall yourself on a married char and there are no priests around to stat you out if you know someone intends to keep you in one

#58 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

^ this

#59 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

there are other ways around it which i wont mention that doesnt require mvp cards, but easiest way is to just recall yourself on a married char and there are no priests around to stat you out if you know someone intends to keep you in one

THEN THE ONLY CHOICE THAT MY CHAR 148 HAVE AGAINST ANY WARLOCK 130+ WITH WITE IMPRISON, ITS RUN????????????? THATS IT? RUN? JUST THAT? RUN? CANT BE COUNTER ATACKED? THEN I MUST RUN? JUST RUN? HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL KEEP ON SENSLESS COMENTS

#60 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

So, you do mean there is no way to do something against that, just relog or use any other trickery for survive?
You got the wrong idea.

#61 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

like i said there are other ways around it i will not mention in this thread, but besides that, if you are going 1 vs 1 on a variety of classes, there arent many counters for it, but woe/usrc/etc is guild/party oriented which is why these threads are pointless because if you let one person immobilize another and the rest of you guys are just standing their wiping your asses

THERE ARE A TON OF SKILLS THAT WILL CAUSE THE OPPOSING PLAYER TO RUN if its 1 vs 1, oh i can be cool and use caps too. look at your first post, wah wah imprison has 100% success rate, learn about a skill before you make yourself look stupid

here's a link to a top rated pacifier on amazon, get it for yourself

http://www.amazon.co...06546066&sr=8-8

Edited by Andini, 27 May 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#62 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

like i said there are other ways around it i will not mention in this thread, but besides that, if you are going 1 vs 1 on a variety of classes, there arent many counters for it, but woe/usrc/etc is guild/party oriented which is why these threads are pointless because if you let one person immobilize another and the rest of you guys are just standing their wiping your asses

THERE ARE A TON OF SKILLS THAT WILL CAUSE THE OPPOSING PLAYER TO RUN if its 1 vs 1, oh i can be cool and use caps too. look at your first post, wah wah imprison has 100% success rate, learn about a skill before you make yourself look stupid

If you wont mention about it why are you posting here?
There are many counters for it? Tell us please!
If you are not going to post something smart or with facts then you are just wasting my time, yes there are a lot of skills that make you run, but you cant even run from White imprission or im wrong?
You can use caps bravo you prove yourself to be useful?
White imprission is 100% chance, is it or not? Maybe i am wrong?
Also one last thing.

Spoiler

#63 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

you must be high on w/e that other guy is to be this delusional because none of my posts have been directed towards u, good one

#64 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Magic Rod and Spell breaker.

#65 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

you must be high on w/e that o
er guy is to be this delusional because none of my posts have been directed towards u, good one

Spoiler

Magic Rod and Spell breaker.

Posted Image

Yes, you do can spell break a instant skill, and magic rod will help. (Sarcasm!)

Edited by FiskBlack, 27 May 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#66 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

^ This...

There are several ways to counter it... I said it before... You might ask for ppl to post but I doubt someone who knows the counters will do... specially if that will put u in disadvantage...

In any case, I would prefer WI a single target that a Warlock casting Stasis on screen any day... not many Warlocks use it but having a 1 minute disable skill (almost 70% of all skills) 27x27 AoE is far worse than disabling just a single target...

Lol, QQing about a Warlock... heck and we don't even have Comet books yet... I can see the threads now after we get the patch... plus with the new "tweaks" about Comet damage...

Ohh and WI is 65% chance? plus it can be highly reduce with STR...

#67 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

^ This...

There are several ways to counter it... I said it before... You might ask for ppl to post but I doubt someone who knows the counters will do... specially if that will put u in disadvantage...

In any case, I would prefer WI a single target that a Warlock casting Stasis on screen any day... not many Warlocks use it but having a 1 minute disable skill (almost 70% of all skills) 27x27 AoE is far worse than disabling just a single target...

Lol, QQing about a Warlock... heck and we don't even have Comet books yet... I can see the threads now after we get the patch... plus with the new "tweaks" about Comet damage...

Ohh and WI is 65% chance? plus it can be highly reduce with STR...

Posted Image
Isn't this thread about WI? WI got 65% chance uhmm lets see my RG got 100 str aaaaaand when im on screen near of a warlock im on WI whatever i do, so is that 65% true? Maybe, they surely spam the button until you are in the effect.
And is still retarded. Yes, status recovery can save your from that, but there wont be ALWAYS a AB spaming it on you!

#68 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image
Isn't this thread about WI? WI got 65% chance uhmm lets see my RG got 100 str aaaaaand when im on screen near of a warlock im on WI whatever i do, so is that 65% true? Maybe, they surely spam the button until you are in the effect.
And is still retarded. Yes, status recovery can save your from that, but there wont be ALWAYS a AB spaming it on you!

[b]White Imprison[/b]

Imprisons the target temporarily behind a white magic curtain, preventing them from moving. While in this state, you cannot take damage other than ghost property attacks or attacks with fixed damage. When White Imprison ends,     the target takes a fixed amount of damage according to the skill level. You can cast this skill on yourself, but it will last only 5 seconds. The success rate is influenced by the user's job level. 

Casting Time: 0ms
Re-use Delay: 4000ms
After-cast Delay: 0ms
Range: 9 cells
Base Duration: 20s on Targets / 5s on Self (Regardless of SkillLv)
Base Duration is reduced by BLv of Target.
Duration Formula: The Formula is currently unkown. However, we do have samples of Duration Reduction based on Target Lv; The Effect last for 20s on Poring (Lv.1), 18s on a Creamy (Lv.23), 17s on a Lv.115 player, and 17s on a Lv.125 player. This reduction also applies to WI effect when used on self, while the exact formula is currently unkown, there is one sample avaible; The skill lasts ~4s when used on self at Lv.125, instead of 5s.
Succes chance: (50+3xSkillLv)% = 53% ~ 65% (Lv.1~Lv.5)
White Imprison Success chance is highly increased by JLv (x1.5 at JoLv50)
Success chance Formula: (50+3xSkillLv)*(1+JLv/100)
Practical Sample: 75% ~ 92% (Lv.1~Lv.5) at JLv43
White Imprison Success chance is descreased by the Target's BLv, Vit, Str and Agi of
Success Reduction Formula: [SuccessChance - (<BLv/5> + <Vit/4> + <Agi/10>)] %; <BLv/5>, <Vit/4>, and <Agi/10> are all rounded down.
Practical Sample: 79~97 - (30+25+10) = [b]14~32% (Lv.1~Lv.5) at JLv.50 against a Lv.150, 100vit, 100Agi Target.[/b]
Success Reduction is also applied when casted on self; The higher your Level, Vit, and Agi the less likely WI will be successful on yourself.
The Re-use delay of the skill doesn't trigger if White Imprison fails.
White Imprison effect blocks movement, use of skills and use of items
If you use White Imprison on a target who is already under White Imprison's effect, the skill fails.
If you succesfully cast White Imprison on a [Burning], [Freezing], [Frozen], or [Stone Cursed] target, White Imprison will overwrite and the previous status of the target.
List of Skills that deal damage through White Imprison & Break it; Napalm Beat, Soul Strike, Napalm Vulcan, Soul Expansion, Any Physical skill that takes weapon element when used with a ghost weapon.
List of Skills that deal damage through Whtie Imprison without breaking it; Gravitional Field, Gloria Domini
List of Skills that work through White Imprison without dealing any damage or breaking it; Quagmire, Marsh of Abyss

Here the description... if you get WI with that low success rate then you deserve to be killed by a Warlock...

#69 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

[b]White Imprison[/b]

Imprisons the target temporarily behind a white magic curtain, preventing them from moving. While in this state, you cannot take damage other than ghost property attacks or attacks with fixed damage. When White Imprison ends,     the target takes a fixed amount of damage according to the skill level. You can cast this skill on yourself, but it will last only 5 seconds. The success rate is influenced by the user's job level. 

Casting Time: 0ms
Re-use Delay: 4000ms
After-cast Delay: 0ms
Range: 9 cells
Base Duration: 20s on Targets / 5s on Self (Regardless of SkillLv)
Base Duration is reduced by BLv of Target.
Duration Formula: The Formula is currently unkown. However, we do have samples of Duration Reduction based on Target Lv; The Effect last for 20s on Poring (Lv.1), 18s on a Creamy (Lv.23), 17s on a Lv.115 player, and 17s on a Lv.125 player. This reduction also applies to WI effect when used on self, while the exact formula is currently unkown, there is one sample avaible; The skill lasts ~4s when used on self at Lv.125, instead of 5s.
Succes chance: (50+3xSkillLv)% = 53% ~ 65% (Lv.1~Lv.5)
White Imprison Success chance is highly increased by JLv (x1.5 at JoLv50)
Success chance Formula: (50+3xSkillLv)*(1+JLv/100)
Practical Sample: 75% ~ 92% (Lv.1~Lv.5) at JLv43
White Imprison Success chance is descreased by the Target's BLv, Vit, Str and Agi of
Success Reduction Formula: [SuccessChance - (<BLv/5> + <Vit/4> + <Agi/10>)] %; <BLv/5>, <Vit/4>, and <Agi/10> are all rounded down.
Practical Sample: 79~97 - (30+25+10) = [b]14~32% (Lv.1~Lv.5) at JLv.50 against a Lv.150, 100vit, 100Agi Target.[/b]
Success Reduction is also applied when casted on self; The higher your Level, Vit, and Agi the less likely WI will be successful on yourself.
The Re-use delay of the skill doesn't trigger if White Imprison fails.
White Imprison effect blocks movement, use of skills and use of items
If you use White Imprison on a target who is already under White Imprison's effect, the skill fails.
If you succesfully cast White Imprison on a [Burning], [Freezing], [Frozen], or [Stone Cursed] target, White Imprison will overwrite and the previous status of the target.
List of Skills that deal damage through White Imprison & Break it; Napalm Beat, Soul Strike, Napalm Vulcan, Soul Expansion, Any Physical skill that takes weapon element when used with a ghost weapon.
List of Skills that deal damage through Whtie Imprison without breaking it; Gravitional Field, Gloria Domini
List of Skills that work through White Imprison without dealing any damage or breaking it; Quagmire, Marsh of Abyss

Here the description... if you get WI with that low success rate then you deserve to be killed by a Warlock...

As i posted earlier everything im debating are with facts, no fail formulas.
Do you realize most of the formulas of the skills on iRO are broken? And also! Most of them dont even have description.
Instead of Copy paste do a wise comentary.

#70 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

I did already... you just lack on luck... and I don't think "guessing that have 100% chance" is a wise comment either...

In any case... you can compare it with a Sorcerer.

While WI is single target and just going to break with ghost element attacks, while you can get Deep Sleep, Dispel and killed by a Sorcerer as well... and heck Arrullo is AoE.

Btw, WI resistance with STR has been tested already... maybe you were in your unlucky day or something... I'm giving you numbers and I believe any other Warlock will tell you the same... the chance is quite low and you have to be spamming it to get it successful.

Edited by Wizard, 27 May 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#71 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I did already... you just lack on luck... and I don't think "guessing that have 100% chance" is a wise comment either...

In any case... you can compare it with a Sorcerer.

While WI is single target and just going to break with ghost element attacks, while you can get Deep Sleep, Dispel and killed by a Sorcerer as well... and heck Arrullo is AoE.

Btw, WI resistance with STR has been tested already... maybe you were in your unlucky day or something... I'm giving you numbers and I believe any other Warlock will tell you the same... the chance is quite low and you have to be spamming it to get it successful.

Nope, the sorcerer cant cast arrullo, cause the delay of the WI is lower than the time of the effect, so the warlock will recast the skill disabling the sorcerer to cast or use anything.
WI is instant and dont have delay if fail so the warlock just be spaming the button and easly will do the effect, isnt that almost the same as 100% sucess rate..?
Maybe im lack of luck all the time i saw a warlock? He just "click" and then i cant do anything in any char i do use. If atleast got variable cast time the player should have the chance doing spell break or hiding, instead of click and win.
Why is click and win? In the moment you are in WI effect they have 2 options:
1.-Strip you with Earth Strain and make your character almost useless.
2.-Kill you with Gravitational Field.

Please try it by yourself, then post and tell me how is it =/

Edited by FiskBlack, 27 May 2011 - 09:13 PM.

#72 veteran2003

veteran2003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Nope, the sorcerer cant cast arrullo, cause the delay of the WI is lower than the time of the effect, so the warlock will recast the skill disabling the sorcerer to cast or use anything.
WI is instant and dont have delay if fail so the warlock just be spaming the button and easly will do the effect, isnt that almost the same as 100% sucess rate..?
Maybe im lack of luck all the time i saw a warlock? He just "click" and then i cant do anything in any char i do use. If atleast got variable cast time the player should have the chance doing spell break or hiding, instead of click and win.
Why is click and win? In the moment you are in WI effect they have 2 options:
1.-Strip you with Earth Strain and make your character almost useless.
2.-Kill you with Gravitational Field.

Please try it by yourself, then post and tell me how is it =/

You are right and they dont have common sense.

#73 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

You are right and they dont have common sense.

YES, we are not asking for a SUPER ULTRA MEGA UBER GOD NERF, just a little change that give all players a way to counter atack in a duel 1vs1 like 2 seconds of re-huse delay if fails or not, so it cant be spamed 20 times in 1 second, becouse macros(third party program) and arrullo its sad.... 6 seconds rehuse daly and 1.5 seconds fixed cast time, PLUS can be stoped by hiting the player, then any class can brutalize a sorc in woe...

#74 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

YES, we are not asking for a SUPER ULTRA MEGA UBER GOD NERF, just a little change that give all players a way to counter atack in a duel 1vs1 like 2 seconds of re-huse delay if fails or not, so it cant be spamed 20 times in 1 second, becouse macros(third party program) and arrullo its sad.... 6 seconds rehuse daly and 1.5 seconds fixed cast time, PLUS can be stoped by hiting the player, then any class can brutalize a sorc in woe...

like warlocks have such a huge survivability in woe to brutalize anyone. any DB, hells plant, howling, rampage, goh, severe rainstorm, fire trap, etc, etc will take down a warlock or make it useless (and yes, arrullo, spellbreaker, varetyr, earth grave can kill a warlock or make it useless too) in woe.

#75 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

^ This lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users