PvP System Balance - Page 4 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

PvP System Balance

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

I'm not mad, im lmfao at your fail xD

and where have i once said anything about kyodai? Im cool with most of the raiders in there and haven't had any problems...cept with you...My only issue with you is how much you rage and refuse to actually READ what im saying instead of jumping to conclusions...:o

Once again did i say you specifically brang up kyoudai? lol you talk about me jumping to conclusions look at what you're typing and then talk buddy. i could careless if you don't get along with me is it my job to make everyone like me? I don't think so you could love me or hate me i could care less. I read your editions, and the fact i responded with a good quality saying bourg skills boosted+ nades would be better makes you look silly.

#77 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

It depends, I think the "tank" matter has to be addresses from a case by case point of view.
It's pretty obvious how everything depends on gears, and I think it's fair for someone who spent billions to get 15s and the best buff sets to be able to tank very well. Not like a knight eheh, that's a little extreme :o as a champ I notice the difference between my def and knight's def; For example if a player does 700-800 damage on a good champ, he'll do 400-500 on an equally good knight. And that's a noticeable difference. Plus knights have reflect and can block attacks. W\e the point is that you can't compare champ's def with knight's def.

Good point...Im not saying make them wet tissue paper like mages but SOME reduction would be nice.

See i like you, why cant spazzy hold a conversation like you can? all he can do is Rage :(

#78 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Good point...Im not saying make them wet tissue paper like mages but SOME reduction would be nice.

See i like you, why cant spazzy hold a conversation like you can? all he can do is Rage :o

Oh damn i guess i gotta go do something to make you like me... brb !

#79 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Anyway's, the main topic at hand seems to be the debuff. They have to look no further than the last time they implemented that to know the answer. I cant believe they added it again after drasticly lowering last time because of community outrage.

I love how the last line in the thread topic is what these 3 pages are about though.

:o

#80 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Anyway's, the main topic at hand seems to be the debuff. They have to look no further than the last time they implemented that to know the answer. I cant believe they added it again after drasticly lowering last time because of community outrage.

I love how the last line in the thread topic is what these 3 pages are about though.

:o

Lmao! oh wait if i type lmao does it mean im raging santhana ? <3

#81 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

Oh damn i guess i gotta go do something to make you like me... brb !

Staying gone would be awesome :o

#82 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Zeppelin actually dropped a comment about 10 posts ago :o

#83 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Staying gone would be awesome :o

But don't you wanna see me "raging" ?

Btw what's your ingame name? i wanna make you my entertainment for when i log on rose <3

Edited by iBryan, 31 March 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#84 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Zeppelin actually dropped a comment about 10 posts ago :o

Yeah at least hes actually reading it...

#85 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

See i like you, why cant spazzy hold a conversation like you can? all he can do is Rage :o

You two should stop arguing and kos each other ingame, that'd be fun :>

Anyway, I'm still againts a def reduction for champs. I hold still to my opinion according to which spending billions should be rewarded that way.

Just for the kicks, I am on over 12k defense on my champ during UW, but a lot of players can kill me or get close to it.

Yeah at least hes actually reading it...

I sent him a PM with the link :3

Edited by Gojio, 31 March 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#86 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

You two should stop arguing and kos each other ingame, that'd be fun :>

Anyway, I'm still againts a def reduction for champs. I hold still to my opinion according to which spending billions should be rewarded that way.

Just for the kicks, I am on over 12k defense on my champ during UW, but a lot of players can kill me or get close to it.

That sounds good i've been bored ingame lately i need some entertainment i guess i found some ! naiceee

#87 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

I sent him a PM with the link :3

Of course...LOL

And yeah 12k defence..your exactly right..it takes A LOT of players (at once) to take you down :o

Edited by Sathanas, 31 March 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#88 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

lol mages had nothing before they only have ap only reason why champs get run over by mages is because they dont wear luminous gear they go full defense, champs has ap/def they can probably run into a crowd of players having them attack them and still tank and stay alive. Why do champs have almost as much defense as a knight? Doesn't make much sense how are you going to do a knight's job by tanking so much whats the point in being a knight if you can tank like a knight? You guys are raging on mages tell us what else does mages have besides AP, low mspeed, low defense and if they wanted to run they will still die because other classes can be able to catch them regardless.

#89 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

lol mages had nothing before they only have ap only reason why champs get run over by mages is because they dont wear luminous gear they go full defense, champs has ap/def they can probably run into a crowd of players having them attack them and still tank and stay alive. Why do champs have almost as much defense as a knight? Doesn't make much sense how are you going to do a knight's job by tanking so much whats the point in being a knight if you can tank like a knight? You guys are raging on mages tell us what else does mages have besides AP, low mspeed, low defense and if they wanted to run they will still die because other classes can be able to catch them regardless.

"Nerf %50 debuff skill thats our major concern here azn nothing else, the rest probably wont be touched for next 5years :o

#90 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

People like you jagz are the ones who would be on the other side, lets suppose there was two groups. Balancing Or Keep things the same, you would fall in the keep things the same all you care about is how your class is saying grenades aren't OP because bourg lacks skills that doesnt mean that the nade is balanced. Instead of suggesting a better skill tree for bourg you prefer to keep the grenades cause once again all you care is about what class you play, and if youre doing good.

And simply here albe isn't raging its pretty clear that 2 debuffs on a mage is ridicolous, and it could be only a cleric use cause that would be actually more fair. I dont know about the mutes, but 10s mute and then a back up mute is alot, but once again its up to the devs not us. Maybe if you guys would play on the "losing" side sometimes you would understand the concepts but once again you play on the populated side of union wars so you wouldn't know. Unlike you, others try and have fun and try making union war competetive.

2 wrongs doesn't make a right, one class after another will be fixed/nerfed. "Kyoudai rage" bringing the clan on a simple topic isn't helping, maybe its because most of us play each of the classes/ or actually face these problems in union wars or different war times. While you guys just hide behind 300 men fighting,and everything is ok nothings seems to be wrong.

"Maybe if you guys would play on the "losing" side sometimes you would understand the concepts but once again you play on the populated side of union wars so you wouldn't know. Unlike you, others try and have fun and try making union war competetive,maybe its because most of us play each of the classes/ or actually face these problems in union wars or different war times. While you guys just hide behind 300 men fighting,and everything is ok nothings seems to be wrong."

Perfect.

#91 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

The debuff shouldnt be as high i'd say but if they dont have it that high they will just be run down by champs, besides there arent that many mages in game the cooldown is pretty high to me and even if they do debuff someone it will take a while for them to debuff again its not like its instant cooldown

#92 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

So you telling me two debuffs is okay? 50% debuff? oh so the escape to making mage better is to give it a skill that removes the others skills completely i get you.

#93 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

im not really bothered, like if i get debuffed i get debuffed just rebuff again, 1 debuff is 10% or is it 20% and it hardly work and besides they debuff 1 person another person can run over hit them a few times they will drop like a pin

#94 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

im not really bothered, like if i get debuffed i get debuffed just rebuff again, 1 debuff is 10% or is it 20% and it hardly work and besides they debuff 1 person another person can run over hit them a few times they will drop like a pin

Its already annoying buffing every 7mins as a raider, why have like 10+ other people on the other team who can make you rebuff in less than 1 minute? mages would be ran over against a group probably, but 1v1 they should be able to keep up atleast a little bit. Its up to you to know how to survive even if you have to scroll, unlike debuff as soon as that thing hits you you cant avoid it or anything. If you run from the person youll just run into a bigger group that will stun you while the others debuff get me?

#95 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Of course...LOL

And yeah 12k defence..your exactly right..it takes A LOT of players (at once) to take you down :o

But you don't see a lot of champs like me, right? :(

#96 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

Honestly, I don't think mages should be complaining about def... Unequipped i have literally 4 def. Equipped fully buffed i have either just over or just under 2k (i'll check when the server comes back up).

In UW's there are a max of 8 of us on our side (including leachers) and one of them is always a mage. so to me 12.5% of all characters in a uw are mages at the bare minimum.

Also, in a uw i actually follow my party around and make sure they are safe. When i'm attacked it goes in this order:
  • Mute
  • Sleep
  • 5 hits
  • Death glitch

I have enough time to mute someone, and maybe do 2 heals before I'm muted and in a matter of second's i'm dead. Granted, I fight in legendary equip that has yet to be fully refined (8 is highest), but I also feel that when debating the balance of classes we should think of it as a "are we balanced naked with a lvl 10 npc weapon appropriate to our build" and not "well its okay cuz he has full [15] chiva armor."

I personally would like a debuff or aoe decloak (or a backpack passive even to refrain from becoming overweight so quickly)so i can better support my party, but i do not have enough sp available to me to have such luxuries as all of them went into heals, buffs, mp passives, fires, our one def passive (for clerics), and the retarded wand mastery that we're forced to learn to obtain buffs..

I think champs were just fine with their mspd the way it was (even if it should be slower than light weight equip classes). What bothered me was that their passives to unlock skills required 9sp to max and a cleric's required 18. The way i look at it, as a fs, we only use a wand because its required to use skills, while a champ uses it for offense so why is it that we need more sp to learn something we don't really rely on for that particular build and for a champ that IS their class and they need half of what we do?

Anyhow i'm done, happy, w/e. time to read the other 2 pages of this thread xD

Oh yeah. Dealer class needs some work. Artis are becoming more and more obsolete with every patch..

#97 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

A lot of people are misunderstanding the defense of a mage with the ability of the "owner" to play a mage. They are not the same thing. If you know how to play a mage, you don't need to debuff people in order to beat them. That's just too easy. If you just stand and wait when you're being hit by a champ, well thats just ur fault. Can't blame the champ for being op. A good mage can beat every class ingame in a 1v1, honestly.

And the defense on champs almost as high as knights' is just bs, read a few posts above and understand why u cant compare champ's def to knights'. Or even better, hit a champ with full 15s and def buff and hit a knight full full 15s and def buff.

#98 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

@ the original poster, you should really change the title of your post, the content is based on issues regarding mages unbuffing ppl which was quite annoying to some ppl specifically those who waste time for buff sets which I never bother too much with. I strongly agree a complete buff removal skill is game-breaking, when Fierce Cudgeling was being 95%, I do it to certain ppl and they get really angry about it, KOS me...make a mage to counter me...whatever.

The point is the skill anti-magic shell? itself is game-breaking, as well as those concussion grenades. It is always like that, whenever there is an easy button, everyone will press it. And to balance the game, this shouldn't be happening, and this is all about it.

Finally, I hope the GM realized many ppl speak up just to defend their own class, they give opinions with respect to their most favorite class instead of giving opinions with respect to the whole system. They think that if they have full (15)'s, best skill build, best buff sets, best item mall food, best item mall buffs, best reaction and tactics then they HAVE to win.

I will not give any ideas, opinions regarding class balancing anymore, because it is plain stupid, as they have no intention to balance the game as long as it is item mall revenue beneficial. They want the class to be more balanced? Because they want item mall sales. They want the class to become unbalanced? Because they need to screw up the game for a reason to balance up the game.

A world without wars will not grow, a game without imbalances will not survive.

#99 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

What a stupid thread. Only the OP was decent and Adam was the only reasonable reply.

Debuff skills have no place in a game that is so reliant on buffs. It is an "I win" button when it lands and there is no place for it. Anti Magic Shell should have never existed.

Fierce Cudgeling should be changed to a skill similar to what Adam suggested.

Mdef on Luminous gear should be increased to what it was pre-patch and mdef stats in general should be increased.

Soul Doubt change in OP sounds fine too because it's another easy "I win" button against most other mages right now because it lasts too long. Should be a little better than soldier's mute though.

Concussion grenade could have it's success rate lowered by 25% and be fine or have the cd increased by 2 seconds or so. Artis should get a nade/explosive that is identical to concussion grenades right now that has 100% + low cd. (Should go along with improving Bourg skill tree or nerfing raider/champ/mage/knight trees.)

Champ could use a very slight increase in difference for def/hp compared to knights.

I read something in this thread like, "jstnn one of the scariest mages..." What did all the other mages quit?

Edited by Kaizy, 31 March 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#100 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users