April 7, Normal Maintenance Notes - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 7, Normal Maintenance Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#26 futendoji

futendoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

always the same issue whit the exp since.. let me think like 2 years, in a 2x exp event too, the exps of bms have never multiplyed the base server exp, they have ever added it, so say 100(base exp+100%(he bm extra exp)=200%, so now 2x event, 200%+100%(he bm)=300%, its that way since at least 2 years, so now exp being vip will be 100%+50%+100%(he bm)=250%, in event im not sure of only 1 thing, and that is if vip extra exp is aded before 2x exp or after, that would make 2 dif formulas:

before 2x --- (100%+50%)*2+100%(he bm)=400% this is what probably we all expected as the vip +50% is interpreted as base server rates

or, after 2x --- 100%*2+50%+100%(he bm)=350% for me this formula does not fit to the expected vip services, but, its much easier to code in coz it doesnt change base exp rates from server at all, it simply adds bm effect to an acount, and it is also perfectly well, well we would preffer the other way, but its probably almost imposible to code, and it also does match the vip description,just that maybe the description for vip should be more clear like it says when you log in as vip, not like its put in the pach notes, so to avoid furter mistakes, simply correct, or better sayd, make that clear on patch notes vip is extra 50% not 150% base rate ;-)

Well again thx gms for hard work and also showing finally results in the antibot team ;-) it was awesome to hang out at petites today, havent cheked hodes map yet :-P, anyways keep the good work and all the nice newcomers will stay, also i really love to hear from gms more often ingame, like we where this last weecks, getting mvps in pront and the bots in pvp area, no real need to do all that stuff, sure its fun and we all welcome it but simply noticing there is a gm watching is enough, also GM= game master, im sry for those of you who call yourselfs gms and never show up in game, a gm is only a person who is ingame the rest are staff, programers-coders, mainteinances technicians, etc. Wel sry for getting off topic, and for those epic paragraph, it seems i cant write shorter stuff.
Enjoy ro, love it, and be nice, you will surprise where you can get just being nice ;-)

EDITED: corrected some mistipe errors

Edited by futendoji, 07 April 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#27 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Neither do i.

Oh, then I don't see what the problem is...you were paying before too...

#28 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

No there has never been this system before.

If a monsters base exp was 1000 we had Ymir set at 1500 there was no multiplier being done. If we had used the multiplier it would have been doing exactly as it is now for all those years for Premium server.

Like I said before same system but different base make the outcome different. Battle Manual been doing what it does just like before but the base exps of monster changes, which make the outcome change as well.

Old: 1x server monster gives 1k exps
1.5x server(VIP - Ygg, Ymir) 1.5k base This is Base for 1.5x server
Regular Battle = Base + Base * .5 = 2.25k exps
HE Battle = Base + Base * 1 = 3k exps

Now: only 1x server base... 1k This is Base for all server now
VIP 1.5k
Regular Battle = Base + (Base * .5) + Base * .5 = 2k exps
VIP Battle
HE Battle = Base + (Base * .5) + Base * 1 = 2.5k exps
VIP HE Battle

It is perfectly logical as it is now, but so is the other way too. Basically its 2 systems multiplying the base exp then adding together at the end, not multiplying onto each other. Basically both operations run in parallel and join at the end, rather than a potentially slower "sequential" where your BM exp has to wait for your VIP portion ot calculate before the BM can as well.

As for Bubble Gums they are 2 seperate methods so this problem won't exist.
Gum checks multiple times to see if an item drops, VIP should be multiplying the actual drop chance.

Not sure about gum but I am sure there's a problem there as well.

Old: 1x server drop rate for an item = 10% = .1
1.5x server = 15% = .15 This is Base for 1.5x server
Gum = Base roll + another base roll = 15% + 15% takes whichever success or .85 * .85 chance to fail = .7225 chance to fail = ~27.75% to drop
HE gum = Base roll + 2x base roll = 15% + 15% + 15% = .85 * .85 * .85 = .614125 to fail = ~38.5% to drop

Now: Old: 1x server drop rate for an item = 10% = .1 This is Base
VIP = 15% = .15
Gum = Base * VIP + another base roll = 15% + 10% takes whichever success or .85 * .90 chance to fail = .765 chance to fail = ~23.5% to drop
HE gum = Base roll + 2x base roll = 15% + 10% + 10% = .85 * .90 * .90 = .6885 to fail = ~31.15% to drop

#29 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

Oh, then I don't see what the problem is...you were paying before too...

You shouldn't have to pay to woe. I can understand Full HP/SP, Repair, Teleport and what not being set to VIP, but why would you set something thats a necessity as a VIP Flag?
Imo, VIP shouldn't equal to needs, it should equal to wants.

#30 LocoMente

LocoMente

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

What is the expected duration of the maintenance???

#31 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

It really shouldn't be too hard to do global(base)*150% instead of doing global(base)+50%. To me it doesn't matter though, $7 for a month long battle manual sounds nice to me.

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 07 April 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#32 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Yeah please fix the exp modifier, I thought my exp wasn't the full amount it should be per kill.

#33 Kirameki

Kirameki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Honestly, i think gum is fked up too, ive been getting -_-tier drops than usual on gum, call me paranoid.

#34 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

You shouldn't have to pay to woe. I can understand Full HP/SP, Repair, Teleport and what not being set to VIP, but why would you set something thats a necessity as a VIP Flag?
Imo, VIP shouldn't equal to needs, it should equal to wants.

But before, if you didn't pay, you didn't get to WoE at all...so I don't see how letting people WoE for free now (if they want to) gives them the right to demand the same privileges as those that have been paying the whole time.

@brokenguy and NoxiousOrchid; I gave Heim an easy way to fix it with what seems to be their current way to modify the rates, hopefully they'll actually consider it.

#35 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

Reminder: Please Fix ViP Marriage system. There is no 2nd option to get married without Oath of Marriage on ViP accounts. The wedding planner asks for OoM regardless of ViP status or not on both accounts.

#36 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

We must have the items not go into inventory, because you could save them after VIP left. This week we will have the +7 only for that NPC.

Future plans is adding some time based other buffs, and have "warp Back" to where you came from to more locations.

Kafra on WOE maps.

VIP: Save, Storage 100z, inn 5000z, repair 5000z, Breeder, Warp to other areas normal cost.

Non-VIP: Save Storage 500z, repair 20,000z, Breeder

Breeder will have a 5 minute cooldown between granting another mount. Basically take care of your feathered, furried or metaled friend.

#37 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

But before, if you didn't pay, you didn't get to WoE at all...so I don't see how letting people WoE for free now (if they want to) gives them the right to demand the same privileges as those that have been paying the whole time.

@brokenguy and NoxiousOrchid; I gave Heim an easy way to fix it with what seems to be their current way to modify the rates, hopefully they'll actually consider it.

Your way is just a brand aid over the problem. None BM user will gain more exps and 3x BM user will get less.

#38 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

Heim, any plans to add NPCs to warp VIP members to dungeons/towns that usually require troublesome questlines? I suggest you think about it, and add a decent zeny fee per warp to help with controling zeny on the market too.

The pros are:

More people will party given the ease of access (This is a HUGE PLUS!)
More people will pay for VIP (it'll actually make us feel sorta like a VIP..)
Zeny sink
Easier to create alts and less hassle (which could help with the new players)

#39 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

Your way is just a brand aid over the problem. None BM user will gain more exps and 3x BM user will get less.

Oh duh, can do it the other way around though so that BMs have a higher %(+75% instead of 50% for regular BMs) so it equalizes to what it used to be. Or just lower the price of BMs since they're worth less now.

#40 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Wait, "warp back" npc? Does that mean like, if I came to town from Valley of Gyoll, I can get a warp right back to that map? Cause that would solve my complaint about buff NPC and half the buffs being gone by the time I get back there... I mean, you get 30 minute buffs. Warp to umbala. Walk through hvelgmir's fountain, then teleport through Skellington to get to valley of Gyoll. By the time that's all said and done, 10-15 minutes of your buffs could be gone. So either having a direct warp to niff town from say, eden, or if the warp back works the way I think...

Edited by Kuropi, 07 April 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#41 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

We fixed the Manuals, so there shouldn't be any more confusion about that.

#42 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

ty

#43 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

Will affect the 1.5x VIP exp on future turn in events?

#44 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

For NPCs we have to "set" the exp you get, the VIP status doesn't actually change the amount of reward, instead we setup the NPC to recognize and reward better.

So yes, the BM and HE BM will give appropriate rewards, or better when used with NPCs and VIP.

#45 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Where are the NPCs, where can we warp and what EXP quests are there

#46 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Yayyy I think the "Warp Back" one was my idea! Or maybe I take too much credit xD

@Kuropi: If its the same as my idea then yeah. You could level at Valley of Gyoll -> tele/bwing to town to use VIP NPCs/storage etc. -> Edens -> Valley of Gyoll. Or I guess it could be an item. Like a "Reverse BWing" item.

Edited by soudou, 07 April 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#47 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

For the 30 minute buff npc, can you consider these two enhancements?

1) Make them last 33-35 minutes, so that we have a chance to get to the map, and use our BM when we get there, and not spend the last couple minutes without stats?

2) Make them of the same type as +20 stat foods, instead of the same type as +10 stat foods, so that they can stack with kafra shop +10 stat foods, thus enhancing the benefit to the players while also not discouraging purchase of +10 foods from the kafra shop?

#48 Lunalia

Lunalia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

The 3x exp bm will work okay under vip and non vip, too?

#49 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

What about ab job change quest? Did you fixed it?

#50 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

What about ab job change quest? Did you fixed it?

Which issue is this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users